It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just going to say dont knock it till you try it. Then I guess I'll move one to my next question. In all that time, have you never had a moment when you overcame a physical limitation(exaustion, pain,etc) with nothing but the will you had to complete the training. Maybe you have fought some one...for real...some one you physically shouldnt have been able to beat, and at least held your own if not won...that is the spirit of martial arts. To use the body to do the will of the mind. The limit lies only with the mind that wills the body, not the body that offers the mind a place to excercise the will. just thought you would share that notion.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnocentBystander

Ok, interesting. So what you're saying is any miracle that is not performed in the name of Jesus is the devils work. But the term miracle seems in this case to describe something we don't yet understand.

Anything is possible I suppose. However the genuine supernatural has to mediated by an outside force, though they might make it appear a human has 'supernatural' powers. The human spirit is too weak to accomplish very much on it's own. Unfortunately there are many counterfeits waiting to deceive the unwary.

Is it not possible that humans have abilities that may at first seem miraculous, but are actually just abilities we aren't entirely aware of? Many atheletes perform what would be physical miracles to the average person, yet training and disipline make them possible.

Absolutely, illusionists can use science to perform seeming miracles.

What about the possibility of a simple hoax, in the vein of other similar healers?

Yup, happens all the time and this may be a hoax as well. If so I'd have to believe that the folks who filmed the guy were in on it.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
All of this tongue sticking, and negative responses..... no wonder his masters were upset with what he showed. They already knew the worlds response.

Someone with this type of energy will quite often use this power with no fanfare or reward, other than their immediate needs be met. They will rely on the energy to present another situation the next day, so the persons needs can be met for another day.

It is a simple life. They shy away from the side show type of situation, and even do this without expecting any reward. This attitude does not even have any interest from the more westernised ways of teaching Chi.

I have been worked on by Chi Masters, here in North America. The results were astounding, and still baffle modern medicine 27 years later. They can't figure out how I can walk with little, and/or no pain.

They gave me the ability to walk like a normal person again with little or no pain. I suffer from a crushed metatarsal arch in my foot. They gave me this gift without any reward of $ or otherwise. They just wanted to help me walk again. Twenty seven years later, and stumped Doctors is enough to make me a believer.

They put the crushed bones back together and fused them in place, all without surgery. Medical doctors could not explain what happened to my foot, and why I have no arthritis 27 years later. They have done rescent MRI's to find the blockage of blood in my foot. The MRI showed all the damage that was done, and the seemingly impossible repair work done.

So take your poo poo some where else.

Be thankfull if you have not needed a Chi Master.

They do not like to boast of their abilities.

If you find one, treat him/her with respect. Be greatfull they were put in your path.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Excellent post and good anecdotal testimony win 52

There are healers in various faiths and traditions.

One of the better ones is John of God in Brazil. He also does not seek the limelight and many have been healed by him, or rather, by the energies he channels.

They come in their thousands. The sick, the lame, the 'incurable' and the medically discarded, to a small town in central Brazil. They endure long international flights and for some long bus trips to Abadiania, high on the plateaux of Central Brazil. They come to be cured by the miracle healer, João Teixeira de Faria ... the man they call John of God.

The sick do not pay for treatment. If herbs are prescribed they pay only a few dollars to cover the cost of production. They will be fed at lunchtime with a simple wholesome soup, bread and herb tea, for which there is no charge. The week before I arrived he treated and fed over 15,000 people in three days! He and his volunteer staff worked non-stop up to 14 hours each day. It is said that he treats and operates on more people for major maladies in a single week than the largest western hospital would treat in a month.

Source: John of God

If one could overcome the language barrier and be willing to rough it out like a missionary, that would be a great place to do volunteer work.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
win52, can i have the location of this dude?
serious question...everyone is saying you need some firsthand experience and i'd like to get some...
here is my problem and it is very real

degenerative disc disease.
had a spinal fusion done at L5S1. they went in through the stomach, took a piece of bone from my hip and fused that with a cadaever bone and a titanium cage of sorts....the surgery failed.
over the years i have been on various meds.
opiates and muscle relaxors and all in between.

my diagnosis is i have a 'failed back'

i see a chronic pain doc and i have been to accupuncture....so far, i still have my pain so please, do me a favor and put me in contact with this guy.
i am wiling to try anything once....

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
I just love these people that believe martial arts is like some sort of jedi art!!!! NO ONE can knock you off your feet with ki/chi without touching you!!!! Some people just blindly follow these teachers without question and get caught up in the bull sh*t that is taught. No one can light fires with there mind or drain your body of its "energy" like its portrayed by these frauds.

.....Yes there are some schools of Martial arts who do not teach anything about the chi, and only focus on the physical abilities...it does not mean the Chi doesn't exist... The only fraud are those people claiming such matters do not exist...

BTW, don't confuse "Star Wars" with the real world... there are no "medichlorians"... people can't jump from 200 feet and land in their feet or their bellies and survive, and there are no "light sabers" in the world of Martial Arts.... But perhaps you learnt from one of the fraudulent Martial Artist schools that exist out there and taught you that's what real senseis/masters teach.....

I have practiced Martial Arts since i was 8-9 years old and i know for a fact the Chi exists and with it you can do things "some claim are impossible".

You think just because you make a claim it does not exist you are going to make it go away?....

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i see a chronic pain doc and i have been to accupuncture....so far, i still have my pain so please, do me a favor and put me in contact with this guy.

I would suggest you do some research on any reliable Reiki centers in your area. There are Reiki centers in the U.S., but you need to do research.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

serious question...everyone is saying you need some firsthand experience and i'd like to get some...
here is my problem and it is very real

degenerative disc disease.
had a spinal fusion done at L5S1. they went in through the stomach, took a piece of bone from my hip and fused that with a cadaever bone and a titanium cage of sorts....the surgery failed.
over the years i have been on various meds.
opiates and muscle relaxors and all in between.

my diagnosis is i have a 'failed back'

Okay then...

First, I can recommend someone in the twin cities:

Qigong Master Chunyi Lin.

Next...

I am also a lay nutritionist. Years ago a friend of mine, a former Hindu monk at Satchidananda Ashram in Virginia, was diagnosed by a medical doctor that his spinal column was deteriorating. With the right supplements, I literally brought him back from the brink.

There are some very important supplements that you need to take:

1. Omega 3-6-9.

One with each meal - three times a day.

Get it here.

You can use other brands, but the Omega 3-6-9 must be DISTILLED. The cheaper brands are not distilled and contain fillers.

2. Brazilian Coral Calcium. The most potent coral calcium on the planet.

The regular dosage at least.

Get it here. It is also available at Whole Foods Market.

3. Kitchen Sink Multivitamin. Take at least a half dosage daily, which is three capsules.

Get it here.

4. Take at least one Q-Zyme with each meal to ease and improve digestion.

Get it here. (There are other places where it is available, like at many health food stores.)

5. Take one Primal Defense daily with water or juice before breakfast. This amends many internal problems and keeps the digestive tract healthy.

Get it here. (It is also available in other places.)

Avoid caffeine, soft drinks, and alcohol.

Avoid all pork and ham.

Eat beef sparingly and ONLY ORGANIC BEEF.

Be careful with portions and seek to not overeat.

Eat at least one salad every single day that contains green lettuce like Romaine - but not iceberg lettuce - shredded carrots, and celery. This is very important

Drink only spring water or filtered water.

Finally, learn to do Qigong (Chi-Gong) for self-healing. The eclectic Spring Forest Qigong of Chunyi Lin is very good

If you do all of the above, you will amaze yourself at the progress you make in a relatively short period of time. Your body will start to feel better and it will do so naturally without any surgery or drugs.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
I have been worked on by Chi Masters, here in North America. The results were astounding, and still baffle modern medicine 27 years later. They can't figure out how I can walk with little, and/or no pain.

I do believe what you are saying. I was under the tutelage of Juan Hombre Dopazo some years back, a Sensei in Ninjutsu in Spain, he has several black belts and has travelled extensively around the world training with the best Masters/Senseis.

Some years back he had a car accident with his brother when he fell asleep (i can't recall if it was him or his brother driving), and the accident was really bad. Juan was paralized from the neck down and doctors told him he would never move. Sensei Juan Hombre differed on opinion from the doctors.

He set himself in a quest to regain mobility, after he was strong enough, some other students of him and myself would help him get stronger by lifting weights and exercising before and sometimes after class. He would sit at the dojo in Madrid and instruct us for class.

He had/has an iron will, his upper strength and mobility returned and he could at first walk, but very slowly. Even when he couldn't walk sometimes he would call us to sit him down in the middle of the dojo and would tell us to attack him, when he wanted to show us or teach us something, all you saw were students of him flying one way or the other.

Juan Hombre Dopazo, what he went through and what he did is proof that we are more than just physical matter. Doctors had given up on him and told him he would never be able to move, yet he beat all odds.

There was another great master who also went through the same, and most of you probably know him. Bruce Lee went through the same problem and was temporarily paralized yet he recovered when doctors said he would never again move.

Nomatter how many people try to deny it, we are more than just physical matter, and when you learn to tap into that potential energy that is within you, miracles do happen.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
There was another great master who also went through the same, and most of you probably know him. Bruce Lee went through the same problem and was temporarily paralyzed yet he recovered when doctors said he would never again move.

Yet, curiously enough, he's dead now. So I guess his "recovery" was only temporary, as are all miraculous recoveries, but particularly those where maybe the doctors were wrong. There's no question that people can accomplish a lot through force of will. Then there's Christopher Reeve, who I guess just didn't try hard enough, even though it looked like he tried pretty hard. Anyway, he's dead, too.

They're all dead. All the magicians and all the fakirs and shamans. They don't live any longer than anyone else, regardless of their magical, mystical powers. We're all doomed to die, and probably not very pleasantly.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

This was done on the west coast, 27 years ago. I have no idea where the group is now. It was a group of people training to use Chi energy and they called it RiKi or ReKi, not sure of spelling.

They used me as a test dummy. I was willing to try anything at that point. I was studying martial arts at the time, and I can't help thinking this had something to do with why they found me.

I know there are practicing ReKi masters all over North America. That would be a good place to start looking. I only had one session with 6 people working on me. They did it for free, and it took about 1/2 an hour for them to do their thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
But then why do only a few ever seem to manifest this kind of feat? You make it sound common when it seems to be either very rare or very hard to master. At least we have some type of scientific monitoring of this power and it seems to be real according to the readings on the various machines.

More people don't have these abilities becasue it takes discipline to master them, it has taken this gentleman a lifetime of intense daily meditation. In theory with instruction and commitment any one of us could do this. Or we could use our Chi to be the next Bruce Lee, he too is said to have angered his masters by using his chi to 'show off' in public.

In a similar vein, I remember reading "The Wonderful World of Henry Sugar" by Roald Dahl we I was a child and becoming obsessed by Yogis and the amazing physical feats they could acheive, like walking on hot coals and balancing on a stick for hours on end.

The Yogis achieve these skills in the same way as DJ, meditation and self-discipline. This learning was simply brought back from the colony and exploited as magic. Houdini was in many ways just a yogi.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
*belts are good for holding up your pants*
Rickson Gracie

i love the black belt name drops...just wanted to say that...another 'useless' tradition that more and more 'real' acadamies are getting away from.
BJJ still uses belts and a main reason is to trace lineage of black belts.
www.bjj.org

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

They're all dead. All the magicians and all the fakirs and shamans. They don't live any longer than anyone else, regardless of their magical, mystical powers. We're all doomed to die, and probably not very pleasantly.

The biological unit does have an expiry date. As a human being you do have a shelf life.

What you do with that life will determine the path you will take when your flesh and blood quits working.

Some of us will awaken to a new world when our body dies, and there will be no limits to where you could end up.

For others, still searching for the meaning of life, there will be a time out and another try, right here on this Rock.

The Chi energy was switched on by a symbol they drew out on my foot using their finger. As soon as they all made the symbol on my foot, laid on their hands, and meditated I felt a definite healing energy. It also felt like the bones were shifting.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by win 52]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
More people don't have these abilities becasue it takes discipline to master them, it has taken this gentleman a lifetime of intense daily meditation. In theory with instruction and commitment any one of us could do this. Or we could use our Chi to be the next Bruce Lee, he too is said to have angered his masters by using his chi to 'show off' in public.

so it takes a 'lifetime' to master but bruce had it.
well, bruce didn't start training with yip man untill he was 13 and he died when he was 32. that gives him 19 years to develope these fantastic techniques, also, takng time out to make movies, make tv shows, and teach jeet kun do.

can you explain how it takes a lifetime but bruce nails it down in lets say less than 19 years??

i am so friggin sick of the bruce lee mystique......the thing about bruce that stands out to me the most was his focus on cardio and physical ability....had he lived a bit longer, i no doubt think he would have moved to mma(as he was into using practical fighting and went into joint locks and throws in his tao)...
other than that, what do you have?
a martial arts instuctor/movie star with a very short career....

i wish people would come off his jock

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
This was done on the west coast, 27 years ago. I have no idea where the group is now. It was a group of people training to use Chi energy and they called it RiKi or ReKi, not sure of spelling.

The correct spelling is Reiki.

In 1998 I attended an introductory seminar on Reiki and Seichem.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
bruce lee was not the average jock..he was revolutionary because he chose to teach elements of the win chun'/ a fighting system that was banned from being taught to the west or more importantly to "whites". This apart from being one of the first outspoken critics of the racism running rampant in the US. for this and many other reasons he was elite. There may have been people with more "fighting" skill than he, but few with the passion or power for life he had. you know he was paralized and actually rehabilitated himself back into near top shape. If all you see in him is a couple of movies and funny faces, than you have absorbed nothing but holly wood BS. Frankly he is the man, and not because he "Kicked butt" but rather because he was an example to many, as well as being a willing teacher to all, wich should always be honored in people.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am a Reiki practitioner.

One does not just study to practice Reiki, one must be attuned by a master, there is no other way.

Plus we practice distance healing, many will scoff, my friends don't though.

Certain symbols are used ,they were kept secret, but recently they can be found in manuals, but they wont work without the attunment or initiation at each level you are given new symbols until you become, master, when you become master, they you can attune others to the chi or life force energy.

Many practitioner now give reiki and massage at same time.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
bruce lee was not the average jock..he was revolutionary because he chose to teach elements of the win chun'/ a fighting system that was banned from being taught to the west or more importantly to "whites".

^^^^that has what to do with his fabulous chi?

you know he was paralized and actually rehabilitated himself back into near top shape.

^^^^yeah, i saw that in dragon the bruce lee story too...
If all you see in him is a couple of movies and funny faces, than you have absorbed nothing but holly wood BS. .

no, i've done my fair shair of digging on bruce. reading some of his stuff. in the end, i think what i said was just.

he was a kung fu teacher and movie star with a short career.

this thread was about chi and all that and bruce's name starts popping up...it just don't jive.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He is amazing, thank you for sharing it with us. I watched the video a few times to look for smoke and mirrors and I have to tell you that this seems to be the real deal. No magic here, just an amazing amount of spiritual energy. What an uplifting post in an otherwise depressing world. It definetly makes you look at EVERY thing in a different light. Thanks again!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join