It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I had a similar break several months ago :

I kept seeing "people" out of the corner of my eye, and found myself reacting to unseen stimulus that included inviting "invisible people" into my home, and letting them "observe my lifestyle".

On another occassion I had three distinct voices - an older male and female, both very stereotypical in their masculine/feminine manners, and a third - a girl about my age who tired to get me into a "mental arguement" with her.

The youngest voice was the worst - like one of those overbearing and self absorbed teenagers who actively seeks victims to unleash her double-edged tounge upon....it was undoubtably a test.

To fend them off, I very simply told them (mentally, since that's how they choose to communicate) that I was not interested in their little games, or membership in their club. I did not want to join with them in any way, shape or form and that I was blantantly insulted they would treat me in such a manner.

Oddly enough - it stopped. Just like that.

I'd like to think they were either subconcious manifestations of stereotypes, but there is a part of me that still cannot rule out the possibility of telepathy and occultic activity.

Tell me - have you an interest in the occult at all? Have you ever read any books on the subject, or perhaps mentioned anything to anyone in your area or life that might make you a potential "canidate" for occultic knowledge?

*note - by occult, I don't mean just things like witchcraft or satanism, or anything relgious - I mean more the literal meaning of "hidden knowledge" or "stuff that isn't at the forefront of mainstream consciousness".

If so - you might have opened a doorway, and you might be going through various "testing stages" by someone or some group in your area with extensive knowledge about such matters. It is not unheard of for some people to be able to project their consciousness to other places, and perhaps they've taken an interest in you.

You may be going through "grooming" to see how many realities of the mysteries you can handle, how you react to the new stimulus/knowledge and whether or not you are able to integrate it into your lifestyle.

Regardless if this is the case or not (it's my path, that's for sure) - KNOW THIS. YOU NEED TO LET THESE ENTITIES KNOW YOUR BOUNDARIES.

Otherwise they'll pop in whenever and wherever they please, and it can makes things rough when you're in a public place and it happens.

As far as my dealing with all this goes - I hear voices in public, but only from certain people (usually older men and women, and there is eye contact or acknowledgment of some sort when it happens) and the younger ones don't intrude into my private space and "throw wild parties" anymore.

If my theory is correct (and I'm not saying it is by any means) - you seem to have attracted the attention of the younger ones or ones that have no respect for your peace of mind. Much like the kind of "friends" who will walk all over you.

If you want to make them stop - you have to talk to someone higher than them, a voice that is older and more balanced and objective.

That being said - do you have discernable age differentials in your voices?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They seem like they're 30-35. Last night was different though. Like unintentionally I hear the radio on or people screaming in the shower! What's the deal with shower screamers? It almost seems like I'm hearing tormented souls. For the "gathering" I tried to listen for it. I kindof put myself in the state where the radio is "on"

Tell me - have you an interest in the occult at all? Have you ever read any books on the subject, or perhaps mentioned anything to anyone in your area or life that might make you a potential "canidate" for occultic knowledge?

I've read a bunch of books. I've done some odd things which have made a profound mark on my life. Such as Out of Body Experiences, third eye visions - hearing - smelling, telekinesis among other things. I told alot of people over the internet and showed some friends and family. But that's about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow - maybe you're just experiencing an "awakening" of latent abilites.

My theory of it goes something like this:

Before we had common language, way back in the Dawn of Humanity - we had to communicate somehow. Perhaps as we evolved over time we no longer needed vertain areas of our brain to communicate, so these areas went dormant, and we lost the knack for consciously controlling it.

IF that is the case, you might have to focus on building a psychic defense mechanism against intrusions from the outside - i.e. others who have this ability. It will help you from being assailed left and right by unhelpful voices, leaving channels open to ones you feel you can gain insight or valuable communications from - if you choose to go that way.

Now the visuals I can only relate to as some sort of consciousness projection or astral travel of an etheral body - perhaps a multi-dimensional foray or sorts. I know there are all sorts of weird things that happen to me from time to time, but for the most part, I've gotten used to some elements of dimensional shift.

The one thing that has helped me decreasem y meds while still retaining a minimum of episodic breaks has been to keep myself active in personal pursuits. The more time I spend sitting still thinking, the greater chances those voices are going to show back up.

This is where art therapy comes into play quite heavily.

My experiences I no longer focus on, but now I work towards constructing something tangible from what I've gone through - photography, short stories, cartoons, film, etc...etc....

Just as long as you keep moving forward, they might subside a little bit.

When I first started my therapy, a lot of them wanted me to do what "they" wanted - but I stood my ground and did my own thing, and they eventually went away.

I don't know if any of this is helping you right now, but stick with it or find some sort of activity that helps you move forward in your own unique way...maybe those "commenters" will become silent watchers again because they find what you're doing to be more interesting than talking to you.

Just out of curiousity - are you an only child by chance?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Oh - I almost forgot....I'm in my 30's and I can tell you there are a LOT of people I've run into over the years in my age group who have EXTENSIVE knowledge on occultic activity, are rude punks and think absolutely nothing of playing with other peoples minds.

I'm not one of them, but having to deal with them in real life really helped remind me of ways to deal with some of the voices - there is a startling similarity within some of the mindsets of those people I grew up with and the voices.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Just out of curiousity - are you an only child by chance?

I have 2 younger brothers. Only 1 shares my genes, the other is adopted. I was adopted as well. I don't know if what I just said is relevant though

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sometimes only children who spend a great deal of time alone growing up are more likely to fall victim to these things - all that time in your own head.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ah, that makes sense.

What's with the screams in the shower though and the radio exactly? I want to say these voices are all in my head.....and I think I can now. But a part of me wonders because they are real....to me. They are as clear as me talking to my best friend. But it sounds absurd.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That's the thing - each shizophrenic has different manifestations of these things. I can't explain the shower screams anymore than I can explain why one of my voices would demand I shave my legs.

It's weird...wish I could help more. Maybe that particular entity is going through it's own hells and paranoias - it may even have a water phobia or something.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Something I find interesting about it is that my OCD, as well, centers around taking showers.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Maybe the screams are trying to break you of your OCD with showers by applying negative stimulus in association with the act of showering?

I had voices break me of unhealthy and outdated routines through similar measures - no screaming though - it wasn't a lot of fun, but eventually I was able to make the associations and re-educate myself out of various habits and continue on with my personal evolution.

Try to look at what these voices might be trying to say, but don't obesess to hard if the answers don't come right away. Some things take time to clarify themselves.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

[edit on 17-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Congratulations Drac,
You got rid of the ugly trolls, or perhaps Santa recruited them to "treat" all the naughty people hiding behind the "Bush's"

Fun aside, this is a good little example of honest exchange.

I would like to add. Be careful of whom you share with on the out side. I am not suggesting paranoid behavior but just have in mind that most humans still act like predators. They will pursue anything out of context(rival) or that which seemingly is weaker(pray).
We all want to be alike and "normal" now don't we

I am reluctant to agree with the suggestions of eliminating the medication, it could be dangerous if not lethal.
Over time substitutes or a more efficient cure could be incorporated, herbal medicine, diet change, exercise. All important for our biochemical metabolism. Sadly this is viewed with too little emphasis from western doctors.
And yes. to diagnose and sedate, what may be a gift, as an imbalance is probably ridding our society of a magnitude of potential.

Merry Christmas (Can I say that here? did I hurt some ones feelings?)

WIS

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hear, hear - WalkInSilence!

Excellent post and important notations!

Stopping meds suddenly is always a dangerous thing. Thanks for bringing that point to light, as well as the predatory nature of some people.

Sometimes going too far with other peoples "insight" can really lead you further into the decent of madness.

I know I had the unfortunate experience to meet just such a person early on in my condition, and his "viewpoints" and "esoteric knowledge" only complicated my delusions and conditions - hence my concern regarding occultic knowledge and groups - they tend to feed off the sensitivities of schizophrenics for their own purposes.

I've walked that path, and I strongly advise against it. It's not worth the risk to self or safety in order to try and have a so called "mystical communion" with such elevated concepts and ideas - it's akin to walking in the woods without a flashlight or map in the dead of night.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A truely educational thread, I've never understood the polictics behind schizophrenia, I was drawn purely to this thread as per childhood experiences i cant explain nor forget, my experiences always involved groups of people, with indirect conversation, I was medicated at this time, it didnt work, but stopped... maybe i convinced myself the medication was working? I didnt understand, but i remember this was a frightening experience as i still to this day have no explanation... but beleive it was real.

Since never experienced 'voices' or anything alike.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hi DownUnder.
And Welcome aboard. It seems as though you'd like to elaborate your experience, please go ahead.
Aussie or Kiwi?
WIS

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Congratulations Drac,
You got rid of the ugly trolls, or perhaps Santa recruited them to "treat" all the naughty people hiding behind the "Bush's"

Am I one of these trolls that you're talking about, simply because I presented another side of the discussion? Or am I just associating your comment with myself when I shouldn't be?

Anyway, what science cannot "proove," it can pretty much explain. Scientists can look at the human brain, and when someone is feeling strong emotions, or in this case hearing voices, they can pin-point the area of the brain that is stimulated when this is happening. They can see what happens to the neurons of people who have schizophrenia, and determine why this is happening. Yes, this does leave room for other ideas, but I always find that if I look at something subjectively instead of telling myself that it is whatever I want it to be, (That noise wasn't the fan, it was my dead grandfather checking up on me!) the scientific or just plain "boring" explanation always wins out. I think that most of the time, if you just look at what's more logical instead of trying to find paranormal explanations to certain things, you'll see the same thing I see. Sure, it's bleak, but at least you don't have to be afraid of the ghosts under your bed at night.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi WIS,

Thanks for your welcoming, ATS is another world for me! Slowly learning the ropes; from Australia!!

Well going into further detail it went on for about 3-6 months, i recall telling my parents about the experiences and most like adults simply put it down to a childs imagination or schizophrenia; in detail i remember most nights being woken by these voices, which would keep me awake for hours, i was frozen, it was like a party, everyone was happy enjoying themselves, talking, but indirectly. As for the people talking I had no idea, who they were?

Sure if this only occured once or twice, i would forget it, but once of twice a week for months?

Its now 20 odd years later, i have no explaination for this, i have no clue, but i beleive i had the ability to tap into something un explained.

Herman, I apprecaite your opinion, but at the end of the day what brings us to a thread of paranormal studies?
My opinion- to seek or find possible answers that science may not be able to explain.

Cheers

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nice to make your aquaintence DownUnder666 -

I've had those "parties" as well, and the trance states that go with them.

Maybe you were the guest of honor?

Nice meeting you!

SALUT!

*clink*

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hey General Eyes,

Thanks! I think your input over the past several threads has been most interesting, I will certianly be keeping an eye on this thread, its been a pleasure so far interactering with many experienced and intellectual people on ATS.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hi Herman,

My troll definition:
A person whom by all means will pursue his quest to convince others that his interpretation of an agenda is the only valid explanation.
A person whom seldom makes a suggestion, thereby respecting the other persons view, but instead always states a theory.
(Empiric statements will usually be viewed as arrogant and rigid, leaving the discussion dead as it henceforth becomes a monologue).
A person whom will regress to verbal abuse, sarcasm, name calling, etc.
Repetitive accusations and statements.
Tends to view others as opponents rather than potential fellow actors in this great play called life.

All said, perhaps the person is on the right track, but the thing is sugar will win more people than acid. but I can't prevail in a discussion if I continue to out rule others by foul behaviour.

Most trolls are excellent orators, analytical, knowledgeable. But they seemingly lack compassion for others. If they added a little humility and patients to there intellectual skills they would be great teachers.

Draco, I am sorry if I disturbed your thread. Hope you are on top soon.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Hi Herman,

My troll definition:
A person whom by all means will pursue his quest to convince others that his interpretation of an agenda is the only valid explanation.
A person whom seldom makes a suggestion, thereby respecting the other persons view, but instead always states a theory.
(Empiric statements will usually be viewed as arrogant and rigid, leaving the discussion dead as it henceforth becomes a monologue).
A person whom will regress to verbal abuse, sarcasm, name calling, etc.
Repetitive accusations and statements.
Tends to view others as opponents rather than potential fellow actors in this great play called life.

All said, perhaps the person is on the right track, but the thing is sugar will win more people than acid. but I can't prevail in a discussion if I continue to out rule others by foul behaviour.

Most trolls are excellent orators, analytical, knowledgeable. But they seemingly lack compassion for others. If they added a little humility and patients to there intellectual skills they would be great teachers.

Draco, I am sorry if I disturbed your thread. Hope you are on top soon.

So, am I a troll or not? (In your definition.) Because to me, I'm not. I'm bringing into light another side of the discussion, and expressing my opinion on that side.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join