It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Cleaned up. Goodbye.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Clean it up....................

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ok, I figured something out.

The sheep's wool is good after it dies, and you make the most out of it.

But if you start figuring the wool and the other commercial adventures make it worth the sheep's life, then you are a predator.

Welcome to entrapment

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Please don't post crap.....thanks.....

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Ok, I figured something out.

The sheep's wool is good after it dies, and you make the most out of it.

But if you start figuring the wool and the other commercial adventures make it worth the sheep's life, then you are a predator.

Welcome to entrapment

I am not a sheep. You need to get hold of yourself.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I had tonight what psych doctors call 'insight'. How can the voices I hear be spirits if they are commenting on what I'm doing. Why would anything waste their time on something like that?

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Dracotic]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You might be at a turning point right now, quit worrying about the commentary and work on your film idea.

See what "they" (the voices) have to say about that - the voices might turn out to be Muses and inspiration for you.

Best of luck.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
True. But does anyone know why anyone would want to do commentary? Or perhaps I am starting to come to the realization it is all in my head.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It is - part of the challenge is bringing it out as a story other people will understand and find interesting.

There are several mediums you might be able to use that might gain interest and appreciation for what you experience.

I started out small - photos of symbols I felt were of personal significance, short stories about what I go through using fictional characters and scenarios, even musical exploration.

A documentary is going to require a lot more of the burden of proof because it might directly confront medical theory. That's a lot of research and work, and it's going to take some time before you have a serious work that will be recieved favorably by the largest audience possible.

Again, I recommend fiction to start.

Just a little advice from a writer.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, my meds seem to not be working because I think they're spirits again....

Lol, if I did publish anything I'm sure it would go right in the fiction section. I am actually working on a blog. I'll post it or it will be in my signature when I am done the first post...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
From another perspective...

I'm not suffering schizophrenia in any shape or form but I routinely talk to myself and yes I even answer myself. Sometimes, especially if I'm doing cognative practice I HAVE to do commentary. I walk myself what most pepole would consider trivial issues. I have severe anxieties but have done so much practice that it's second nature to just start verbalizing what I'm doing, thinking and WHY...

Yeah I bore myself with it if I think about it I suppose

Most people have a little voice that comments. Even on Mundane things. As I understand from life with my brother early on is that in his mind the commentary is not his but someone else's. He's not consciously making comment. But he really is...just the way his mind interprets this normal event is a bit different.

Like me with my fears/phobias. All based in NORMAL fear but my mind exacerbates them...turning them into a whole new "animal".

I believe there is the ability to hear things not privvy to one's own mind. Do I think that it's possible 24/7 - 365? No. If and when it does happen I think it's a one off event and usually between people who are spiritually and emotionally close...well loved relatives for example. I have a best friend and at least once a month I hear her...usually just a word maybe two and she hears me. We do converse when it happens...sometimes though we're both just full of imagination! When I called her last week to ask if she said, Dammit in french...it wasn't her...I thought about what I was doing and tried to trace back the thought and I'd actually had the radio on CBC and my mind heard something and repeated it...even though I wasn't really listening.

I encourage you to keep learning about the Shaman and about the spiritual aspects as you are doing, but also to keep doing what you just did now...ponder the possibility that they are in your mind and NOT from anywhere else.

I didn't really have a point I guess...likely just repeating what you already know and understand about yourself and your illness. Voices in your mind are to a degree normal...I'm sure you've learned when to question them through therapies you've had or things you've read up on.

I don't hear erroneous voices I get erroneous feelings of fear...all generated in the same space between my ears as your's

As a spiritual person also suffering a mental illness I can totally see where and why you are questioning. The spiritual side is such uncharted grounds and LOL it may seem akin to an illness in it's own right...trying to separate the two is a challenge. you want to treat the illness but not lose the spiritual knowledge and experience not to mention the beliefs... hard to know when and where to draw that line and it'll be drawn in a different spot for each person.

Anyway, keep questioning and looking inward.
Sorry I tend to ramble...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yea, my commentary is like "He's moving the blue towel" but to me the voices are REAL. I also have dellusions.

Here is the blog as promised: dracotic.blogspot.com...

Cheers

EDIT: Over 1000 VIEWS!

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I cna see how a popular film like "Donnie Darko" can gain interest from many of it's younger viewers, but is it really wise to seek to recreate the themes of experience one sees in film (especially dealing with madness) in ones real life?

I know it's tempting, but I have also been to some very disturbing places when my episodes hit, places I would not want to recreate even in a storytelling scenario for others to emulate.

I know such things hold a morbid fascination for some, but I've also found that sometimes paying too much attention to certain things and trying to achieve a certain result can actually manifest it within the schizophrenic mind.

When my voices first began they were kind, even helpful. Then after several years they began getting stonger, more aggressive and made my days and nights a literal living hell. Not to mention the breaks from reality, which I won't get into at this point, which ended up in several thousand dollars in involuntary hospitalizations.

On the subject of Shamanism, and from one who has actually LIVED this walk - I strongly advise against opening certain doors. Sometimes playing to much attention to the "spirit world" and not enough time in your own only makes the condition more severe, and as much as we'd like to think we can control these forces out there - there is a point where they will assert their control over you.

Please be cautious, and don't forsake your mental health at the expense of a documentary.

It's not about how deep you can go, or the terrifying things you experience or see - it's about the lessons you can bring back to the real world.

IF you make it back at all.

Just be careful out there. And there's nothing wrong as using metaphor as a means of communication - I understand the temptation of wanting "credibility" by making a serious scholastic effort towards this matter. but remember - no one calls Steven Speilberg crazy, and he deals with some rather "schizophrenic concepts" - (i.e. Close Encounters of the Third Kind.)

If you ARE on the verge of opening the door, remember that what you see in the movies is staged, and controlled by professional mythmakers and visual imagists.

Shamans actually walk into the spirit world, are tested there by the various entities that incorporate that realm, and they are given several tests they must master before returning to the real world.

Our society doesn't really prepare us for these worlds (outside of movies) but please know what you might encounter are not only the symbolic (and real) demons of your psyche, they are also the Guardians of certain areas of the subconcious and Collective Unconciousness and the journey is dangerous and unpredictable, and you can't just press "stop" on the remote when you want.

It's very serious territory out there.

Please be careful. I wouldn't want to to end up in some of the REAL places I've woken up in.

Take care and good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Here if you need any guides, just U2U.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Blogging is great I hope you keep it up.

LOL I have had but one delusion in my life...I narrowly escaped. It was called love and marriage - a little white house with a picket fence and 2.3 kids...

My brother is far more severe than you...more severe than most people I have met with schizophrenia.

The things he would discuss and how he described the voices...

I remember one night he woke up the whole house...sitting in the middle of the floor with the butane torch...he was hearing voices telling him that the house was haunted and the only way to get rid of the spooks was to burn it down.

he was sitting there arguing with himself...

It seemed so real...the way he was yelling that we all sort of stood there for a second or two trying to see who he was talking to.

Four people experiencing the same moment of time but with two versions of reality playing out.

As to whether he hears narration I have no idea...must be a really "stop and think" kind of thing to have happen though...like "what the heck?" I somehow doubt my brother stops to ponder the reality...he's a bit of a lost soul inside himself.

I think our mind subconsciously processes these mundane thoughts but in some people it's played back in the conscious mind as it happens rather than just being filed as a subconscious acknowledgment of an action or event...

Like having your very own annoying narrator.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Dracotic,

Have you had the opportunity to read that link I sent you? I think it "might" contain a big clue for you.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
AOG, could you re-post the link? If it's the book. I haven't read it all.

GENERAL EYES, I dont know what your getting at with Donnie Darko. I was diagnosed as schizophrenic before I even saw that film. Are you suggesting I'm imagining it all to be like him? That would be pathetic.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracotic
AOG, could you re-post the link? If it's the book. I haven't read it all.

Yea, the ebook. I sent the link again as I wasn't sure. But yea, that's where I heard about what you are talking about specifically.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Could you tell me what chapter? I dont have time to read all of it, atleast not yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracotic
Could you tell me what chapter? I dont have time to read all of it, atleast not yet.

Well really, the beginning and end are needed to balance the center. But, try Part 2...Page 31. That's where it gets interesting.

[edit on 12/15/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join