It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus DID say he was God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
Jesus was not son of God. There is no God. Therefore Jesus was a liar.

Your in a religious forum. The existance of god is not under debate here. Columbus didn't understand this. So I made his own thread where he can debate the existance of god.

www.belowtopsecret.com...
Please don't hijack peoples threads.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

Your in a religious forum. The existance of god is not under debate here. Columbus didn't understand this. So I made his own thread where he can debate the existance of god.

Its like being in a thread about aliens. People discuss them and some people deny their existence. I am denying existence of God.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

Its like being in a thread about aliens. People discuss them and some people deny their existence. I am denying existence of God.

Except this thread isn't about the existence of god. This thread is about "Jesus" saying that he is god. Your argument about what people do in threads about aliens doesn't work, it would be like going into a thread entitled "Mr X. said he was an alien" and then you come in their saying how aliens don't exist. That's not the point of the thread, and there are other threads to discuss your chosen beliefs. This thread isn't about whether or not god exists, this about whether or not Jesus said he is god. There are other threads for debating god's existence, like the one Gear just created for instance.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Jesus was a liar,eh? Why don't you expand on this,half_minded? Where is the evidence that he was a liar? For that matter, where is the evidence that there is no God? You atheists make all these claims and try to use science to support your claims,but, when you boil down to it,just as it is with religion, your claims are nothing more than conjecture.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Jesus was a liar,eh? Why don't you expand on this,half_minded? Where is the evidence that he was a liar? For that matter, where is the evidence that there is no God? You atheists make all these claims and try to use science to support your claims,but, when you boil down to it,just as it is with religion, your claims are nothing more than conjecture.

well said SpeakerofTruth, i was about to say the same thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
ask an atheist if he believes in the big bang theory.

most will say yes.

but what they dont realize is, there couldnt have been a big bang without pre-existing forces that caused the bang to happen when it did, where it did, at the exact size needed to make reality for us billions and billions of years later precisely as it is at the moment.

There had to be pre-existing elements to cause the bang. Something had to create those elements. Whatever did, could be God, even if it was a 'natural occurence' and not an intelligent humanoid being. There also had to be space for the bang to happen in, where did that come from? the 'dark matter' that makes up the universe as we know it? How did the empty endless black space get there, even so far back as to provide a space for the big bang? I have a theory on the answer, do you?

I think it was God. What is your theory? Why is it that my theory is the only theory ever debated amongst people regarding the creation of the universe and the like? Could it be that it's the only theory worth arguing about because its the only one that makes any sense to any of us? I find that to be compelling considering the technological 21st century we are living in and all.

Sorry to go slightly off-topic with that explanation.

As I said, I think Jesus was very much against Idolatry, much like Muhammad was. This can be backed up with text from the bible. If it is so heinously taboo and wrong for one to say they are equal to or above God, then why would the Patriarch of the religion that believes in such an idea openly advocate that he was himself God? He wouldn't. This is how the modern christian church has fallen astray, with Jesus worship .. human Jesus worship.

In Islam Idolatry is so forbidden you are not supposed to make an image of Muhammad! Just a drawing! And those European comics that did it created quite a stir. Now consider how Muslims would react if an image of Muhammad was placed in each of their Mosques? They'd be outraged! Blaspemous idolatry is what they'd say. Now consider how many churchs have the image of Jesus in them. But not just any image, an Image of him dying on a crucifix?

The antichrist will look like Jesus and have the mouth of a Devil.

[edit on 11/5/2006 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That is exactly what I've always told everybody (Christians). When I say their beliefs contradict themselves by saying that Jesus is god and worshiping him, when their beliefs also clearly state not to worship Idols. What better way to fool most of the world but appear on this earth as what everyone pictures as jesus, they would follow that being so blindly never questioning him because, "Well, he looks like the jesus i see at church." I am not saying that every christian or person on earth would do this, but a good majority of christians would.

Wasn't there something in the bible that said that when Yehoshua returns, that he wouldn't even know his own name until it was time? If that is true, then any one of us here or anybody out on the streets could be him. The one being that can truly help this world wouldn't even know it, until their mind was opened to what their true purpose here is. Have you ever wondered if maybe it was you that could help this earth? Have you known your whole life that you are here for something very important, but had no clue what it is?

Who truly does know???

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by runetang
As I said, I think Jesus was very much against Idolatry, much like Muhammad was. This can be backed up with text from the bible. If it is so heinously taboo and wrong for one to say they are equal to or above God, then why would the Patriarch of the religion that believes in such an idea openly advocate that he was himself God? He wouldn't. This is how the modern christian church has fallen astray, with Jesus worship .. human Jesus worship.

originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
That is exactly what I've always told everybody (Christians). When I say their beliefs contradict themselves by saying that Jesus is god and worshiping him, when their beliefs also clearly state not to worship Idols. What better way to fool most of the world but appear on this earth as what everyone pictures as jesus, they would follow that being so blindly never questioning him because, "Well, he looks like the jesus i see at church." I am not saying that every christian or person on earth would do this, but a good majority of christians would.

obviously you have never read Matthew28:9-11 and 16-21.

it says that when Mary Magdalene, the other Mary and the apostles saw the ressurected Jesus they fell down at his feet and worshipped him. jesus did not rebuke them or tell them to stop. this is because Jesus is God the Son.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Wasn't there something in the bible that said that when Yehoshua returns, that he wouldn't even know his own name until it was time? If that is true, then any one of us here or anybody out on the streets could be him. The one being that can truly help this world wouldn't even know it, until their mind was opened to what their true purpose here is. Have you ever wondered if maybe it was you that could help this earth? Have you known your whole life that you are here for something very important, but had no clue what it is?

Actually, in revelation 19:11-17 it says that he (Jesus) has a name written on him, but no one except himself knows what it is. read the verse before you start posting false information.

You are also wrong to say that anybody on the streets could be jesus, when he returns he will not return as an ordinary human again, he already did this once.
He will be coming in the clouds with the armys of heaven behind him. Trust me, you will not miss his return. it is going to be something truly supernatural.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

Pancho, your idea is based on a misconception: that Christians worship Jesus Christ instead of worshiping God the Father; We worship God as Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Therefore, your argument that Jesus is an idol is incorrect. When God gave the commandment against worshiping idols, He was referring to images of other gods/deities, He was not referring to worship of Himself.

As far as Jesus appearing on earth again in a new form/person, that is also based on misconception; as has already been stated above, Jesus will not be reborn again on earth, He's already done that - when He does return it will be evident to every person on earth; there will be no reason for misidentification and it will be too late to decide to follow Him. He will be returning for His own, those who have placed their faith and trust in Him previously. If you are waiting for Him to arrive on the scene before making your decision to follow Him you will be waiting in vain.

Who truly does know???

God the Father knows for sure and so do all who worship Him in spirit and in truth.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Maybe God is All That Is. Wasn't Jesus the Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end of all that is - At least he loves All That Is.

How is it religious figures become so embroiled in war and debate. Do you suppose Jesus and Mohammed are duking it out with Buddha under the Bodhi tree?

Must be why God loves drunks, fools and little children. They don't care what God's called as long as HE's there.

Nostradamus said 'the long-awaited one will return, not in the West, in the East.'
The muslims feel they have a messiah in Osama. That's why he's never in the media anymore. The media moguls don't want to give him the free press.

What a mess. We humans use our God for war and killing, death and destruction. When we die, I don't think we worry about how religious we were, it's more likely we regard how loving we were.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Jesus was just some man who claimed he was son of God. Lie #1.
God does not exist but he said God did exist. Lie #2.

As I said, there are million solid things pointing to a God not existing. But there is not one solid prrof that god exists.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

As I said, there are million solid things pointing to a God not existing.

Name one that undeniably points to there not being a God. Name one that cannot be disputed..!! You're going to walk into a hornet's nest and you don't even realize it!!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
For one to say that JESUS CHRIST is not JEHOVAH/GOD/THE ALMIGHTY, or looked at another way, God The Father/The Son/God The Holy Spirit contained in a human vessel/temple. One would need evidence that he wasn't made in Mary's womb by the HOLY GHOST. If JESUS CHRIST came as a man and only a man, a man would have had to have made him.

In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOD. ....and the WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us. The WORD is JESUS CHRIST. The WORD has never been lost and is no secret. To equate the WORD with a fallen being is blasphemy against the HOLY GHOST. JESUS CHRIST is I AM and there is none other.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Jesus was just some man who claimed he was son of God. Lie #1.

Okay, there's one vote that Jesus claimed he was God. I think it's hard to say that he didn't based on the evidence we see written in the 4 gospels alone.

As I said, there are million solid things pointing to a God not existing. But there is not one solid prrof that god exists.

Now, you're simply off topic, please share this information on a thread that is discussing this subject, or start your own thread titled "God does not exist" I'm sure you'll have a large discussion on it. Please do not use this thread to discuss the existance of god. Thanks.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Now, you're simply off topic, please share this information on a thread that is discussing this subject, or start your own thread titled "God does not exist" I'm sure you'll have a large discussion on it. Please do not use this thread to discuss the existance of god. Thanks.

thank you dbates, i agree with what you said, i'm tired of atheists hijacking christian posts and trying to turn them into a debate as to whether god exists.

for all you atheists, why don't you create your own post on the debate of the existence of God?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
One thing is for sure.. You simply can't be objective about God. He is not going to slide under a microscope for anyone. What amazes me is that all you have to do is turn yourself towards Him and turn you life over to His Son. After you do this all you have to do is ask Him to reveal himself to you and he will! Let me tell you I could write for hours my experiences with the Lord in that respect.

Its amusing how the Athiest come in here and state matter of factly that God does not exist and simply can't prove it.

The simple fact is NONE of us can get our head around great certain mysteries that surround us.

One example is infinity... We can assign it a word.. and a symbol.. but we simply can't comprehend it! So what are some people going to do, tell us Infinity doesn't exist? !

If you can't mechanically explain infinity then WHO are you to tell me God does not exist?

I also get a kick out of people who think God is an alien, what a JOKE. Well, if the true living God is an alien then 'what' created him?

People just need to humble themselves to these self evident facts and just take God's word for it.

He said:

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is NO God BESIDE ME: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

When Moses asked God what His name was, God said this:

Ex 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

God is the I AM. Wow..

I think I'll just take his word for it.

Also..

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he IS, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hmm.. you can't please God without FAITH. I wonder why that is.. maybe it's because we CAN'T get our head around him?

[edit on 6-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I did ask about the bible saying that, i didn't know, so I asked.

Where was christianity at the beginning of time? I know how many christians say that the only way to salvation is to become christian and worshipp jesus, but what about those who were born before christianity. Do they go to "hell". If christianity is so perfect, then why wasn't it the first religion ever?

Do you realize how many religions say that there way is the only way to salvation? How do you even know that Yehoshua really said these things? Because somebody else said they heard him say it and then put it into a book? I could understand why you would believe that Yehoshua is god if he wrote the bible himself, but that isn't the case. It was written by other people, and then edited and revised until the church thought it sounded like what they wanted.

Is there a book somewhere that was actually written by Yehoshua where he claims to be god literally and not metaphorically? I can understand the metaphor which he refers to by stating that, simply meaning that god is in everything, so in essence everything is god, which would make us god. We are not running everything individually, it all happens on a much higher level, where everything is one (united).

For everyone saying that i'm against god, or that i'm waiting for something to happen before i make up my mind, my mind is already made up, I don't need a religion because i'm connecting with god on a deeper level. I couldn't have a religion even if I wanted one, because close minded people who put blind faith in people that don't know the truth say i'm wrong and won't even consider what I have to say for a second.

You all will probably wonder how i supposedly "know" things. I can't tell you that, because I'm not sure yet. It just comes to me, and I've learned to trust that because it's never lead me astray in my entire life. Only when I haven't listened have i been wrong, so i decided that i'm just going to listen and go with it.

I don't expect everyone to believe me, because I know that even if I had Yehoshua beside me telling them the same thing I was saying, they would still find a way to make me look "wrong". Probably because he wouldn't look like what they expect. One day we will all see though, so i will try to open as many minds as i can and hope for the best. I've always known, and now it's time.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't need a religion because i'm connecting with god on a deeper level. I couldn't have a religion even if I wanted one, because close minded people who put blind faith in people that don't know the truth say i'm wrong and won't even consider what I have to say for a second.

Before i answer any of your questions, could you please enlighten us as to what the truth is?

I'm also curious to know how an imperfect creature like yourself can connect to the perfect and Divine God?

Maybe it's your ego thats blinding you from the truth, imagine you, a pewny human thinking he is good enough to connect to the immortal, divine God, who is perfect and sinless.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Pan, I respect your opinion,and I personally don't think you are entirely incorrect. However, I think what is beginning to happen is that people are starting to elevate themselves above the almighty God. To me, that is one of the worst things that you can do.

Pan, you seem to be pretty intelligent,please, don't place yourself above God though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join