It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus DID say he was God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Everyone should read this if they want to know what Jesus said about himself:

www.everystudent.com...

When did he start saying this (what age)? I'm no expert on the bible, but wasn't there a period of time (30 years) of his life that was left out?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

When did he start saying this (what age)? I'm no expert on the bible, but wasn't there a period of time (30 years) of his life that was left out?

Most scholars agree that Jesus bagan his public ministry at around 30 years of age, it is also said that his public ministry lasted for about 3 years before he was crucified, so he died at around 33.

The gospel of Mark is the only gospel which talks about the child Jesus.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ummm,"Humble," there are eighteen years of Jesus' life that isn't even accounted for in the bible. From 12-30,poof,it isn't there!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Every holy book talks about the same events that happened in the past. They all are the talking of the same thing, but in different words. In any case, religion is man made or more appropriately, alien made to control humans and rule over us.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
christianity:

where you can quote somebody several decades after he died

come on people, where is the logic in quoting a person long after they are gone

especially when said historical figure lived at a time when the majority people could read and write and nobody documented him

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
People quote Plato and he lived about 400 years before Jesus was born.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ummm,"Humble," there are eighteen years of Jesus' life that isn't even accounted for in the bible. From 12-30,poof,it isn't there!!

I never said anything about the missing eighteen years of jesus life.

I just said that he began his ministry at around 30 years of age, and the Gospel of
Luke is the only one that speaks about Jesus as a child.

All the other gospel start with when Jesus was born and the skip to when he started his Ministry

The gospel of john does not even speak of Jesus birth.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yeah , i don't get how people can't trust the bible, it is the Historical document with the most ancient copies of any other historical book.

I heard something like the Illiad has only about 600 ancient copies, while the the New Testament has something like 12,000. not sure if the numbers are right but they should be pretty close.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

but he wrote stuff down, jesus didn't

he was quoted by contemporaries, jesus wasn't

and my post should have said read "where you can attribute a quote to somebody several decades after he died"

i mistyped

jesus would have been literate if he was real, so why didn't he write anything down?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yeah , i don't get how people can't trust the bible, it is the Historical document with the most ancient copies of any other historical book.

I heard something like the Illiad has only about 600 ancient copies, while the the New Testament has something like 12,000. not sure if the numbers are right but they should be pretty close.

so there are around 12,000 copies of the greek versions of each book of the new testament?
can i see something that supports this claim?

also, the illiad isn't a historical document, it's a written version of an oral poem
people don't put much stock in the illiad for historical purposes (especially because of it has dieties flying around)

the problem with the NT is that it was written well after jesus died, and contains many glaring innaccuracies (mainly in geography)

the problem with the OT is that it comes from oral tradition and contains quite a few historical innaccuracies

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

he was quoted by contemporaries, jesus wasn't

What do you mean, all the books that quote Jesus were written by his apostles who were his closest friends Or other people who knew his personally, they were his contemporaries

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
madnessinmysoul, check this out:

www.carm.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

madnessinmysoul, check this out:

www.carm.org...

first of all

i looked at the table, it looks fairly scientific

then i read the rest

and it gives no burden for "accuracy"

secondly, all of it's citation is secondary source material that is incredibly biased

thirdly, it lists homer as an author
homer wasn't an author, nor could he read or write
he was a BLIND performer
he never wrote anything down
he memorized everything

before you do your research, make sure the researchers did their own

and we have contemporary evidence besides their own writings for all of the other people to prove that they were real

also,

If Jesus was crucified in 30 A.D., then that means that the entire New Testament was completed within 70 years. This is important because it means there were plenty of people around when the New Testament documents were penned who could have contested the writings.

alright, that makes no sense
people hardly lived to be in their mid-60s back then
so you'd have to be born up to 10 years after the crucifixion
how could anyone contest writings about a figure that was dead before they were born

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The proof is in the pudding, you can reject the truth as much as you want but that doesnt change what it is.

Like i said before, there are some people who won't believe no matter how much evidence there is, and you seem to be one of those people.

The only way you will believe is if you see jesus face to face.

Well that day is rapidly approaching my friend.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

alright, that makes no sense
people hardly lived to be in their mid-60s back then
so you'd have to be born up to 10 years after the crucifixion
how could anyone contest writings about a figure that was dead before they were born

And what proof do you have for this, this is all speculation, how do you know for sure, did you live back then that you could say for sure.

You're just pulling numbers from out your behind.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
To say that a book as amazing as the new testament is made up is the biggest hogwash i've ever heard.

I mean this book change the face of the world.

the man Jesus Christ did exist and to say that he didn't is BS.

He changed the face of the world.

When in history has something like this ever happened?

we even base our calender according to his birth.

Stop being ignorant.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The proof is in the pudding, you can reject the truth as much as you want but that doesnt change what it is.

Like i said before, there are some people who won't believe no matter how much evidence there is, and you seem to be one of those people.

HAHAHAHAHA.

R u for real? Where is the proof? Give me one.

Do you really think that the son of God jesus is not man made story. Do you really think that christianity is the one true religion and all others are false. hahahahhaah

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

HAHAHAHAHA.

Do you really think that the son of God jesus is not man made story. Do you really think that christianity is the one true religion and all others are false. hahahahhaah

yuk it up, but remember that old saying,"he who laughs last, laughs best." Ignoring the truth won't invalidate it.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

To say that a book as amazing as the new testament is made up is the biggest hogwash i've ever heard.

I mean this book change the face of the world.

the man Jesus Christ did exist and to say that he didn't is BS.

He changed the face of the world.

When in history has something like this ever happened?

we even base our calender according to his birth.

Stop being ignorant.

who's being ignorant?

i'm looking at biased, uninformed (ie, calling HOMER an author) sources and calling them BS

i'm seeing a lack of evidence (ie contemporary accounts) of a man's existence and saying that i'm 90% sure he didn't

let's see, hitler changed the face of the world...
not in a good way, but he did

alexander the great did some pretty big stuff

and you're writing as if the new testament is 1 book
when it is actually 27 seperate books
and the first 4 of them give differing accounts of the life of the same man

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

HAHAHAHAHA.

please, do not mock people for their religious beliefs

laughing at them only provokes anger and/or mod intervention

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join