It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus DID say he was God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

I don't need a religion because i'm connecting with god on a deeper level. I couldn't have a religion even if I wanted one, because close minded people who put blind faith in people that don't know the truth say i'm wrong and won't even consider what I have to say for a second.

Before i answer any of your questions, could you please enlighten us to what the truth is?

I'm also curious to know how an imperfect creature like yourself can connect to the perfect and Divine God?

Maybe it's your ego thats blining you from the truth, imagine you, a pewny human thinking he is good enough to connect to the immortal, divine God, who is perfect and sinless.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

The truth is that god is not separate from you. They want you to think that you are not worthy of god, you would never have been created if you were not worthy. How can you say that god is not in everything? It's the people who tell you that you can not be with god that are leading you astray. God never leaves our sides, because god is in us. So yes, if indeed Yehoshua said that he is god then it would be metaphorically true, because god is all, therefore we are god. Separation is just an illusion, it may seem like we are not one, but we are.

I'm just trying to get people to realize that what they are is not some servant, but a divine creation. Life is love, creation is love, we are loved. I wouldn't be telling people this if there was a doubt in my mind. There's no doubt in my mind, because I don't think these things up, I feel them and then translate them the best I can into words. It kills me on the inside to see people think they are separate from god, I can't stand to watch them feel unloved. When people and their closed minds try to tell me that i'm wrong and i'm evil it just kills me, because i would never do anything to lead other's astray.

How can such an imperfect creature like myself connect to the perfect and divine god? Through Love

How many Crusades in the name of god have people preaching love and peace started? How many people are looked at as "unholy" because they don't attend church? Why do churches constantly feel the need to ask for money (Federal Reserve Notes, aka the root of all evil)? Why do people even build churches? Why do people worship symbols like the cross, star of david, etc? Why can't everyone just love one another? Oh yeah, because they don't think like you, they don't believe the same things as you.

Did you ever consider what this planet would be like if love were the "religion". Who would fight then? Who would be unworthy? Why does nobody see that religion is doing exactly what it was designed to do, divide the people. Think about who is in control, the people with the most money right? Who was in control and with the most money in the past, those involved with the church. Why would they want you to know the truth, how would that make them richer? People wouldn't have paid taxes to the church, they wouldn't have given those in power more money. It's not this way so much today, but then again, religion wasn't started today either was it?

Wake up, god is everything, everyone, everywhere. Infinite

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
wait a minute

what CONTEMPORARY source quotes jesus?

by CONTEMPORARY i mean documents written before jesus died, but after he was born as a human

sorry if this has already been posted, but i didn't feel like sorting through all 5 pages of posts

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

How can such an imperfect creature like myself connect to the perfect and divine god? Through Love

Umm.. you are only partially right.

You should have said it like this:

"How can such an imperfect creature like myself connect to the perfect and divine God? Through JESUS".

Jesus was the ultimate expression of God himself. (One that we could get our head around) and YES God IS Love.

7pan, I don't know what 'god' you are 'connecting' with but If He does not acknowledge the existence of Jesus as His Son he is not the same God I worship.

In Christianity, Jesus is the True Living God's ID card if you will. Up to you if you want to believe and you said something earlier along the lines of there being many different ways to salvation but let me say this: Self evident, obvious common sense dicates that there can be only ONE truth. So which one is it? Are you one of those that believes that you have your own path to salvation? Yes.. we all have our own 'path' in our 'walk' with the One True Living God but is there more than one way for salvation? Jesus said:

"I am the TRUTH, the WAY and the LIFE. NO ONE comes to the FATHER except through ME."

So.. Jesus in the Koran is just another prophet and is denied Deity. This means that either Alah or Yahweh is not telling us the truth. Simple logic dictates.

I'm taking Yahweh's word for it.

You can believe that you are your own god if you wish free from any 'religion or belief' but do so at your own peril.

Do you think the True Living God, Creator of the Universe, Keeper of the stars, Counter of the sands, The One who knows EXACLY how many hairs are on your head at any given moment, The One who knows when the sparrow falls, The One by Whom you were fearfully and wonderfully made, would create man and just leave him to his own devices to figure 'it' out all on his own? Somehow I don't think that is the case.. He left His Word behind, the Word that the Bible says existed BEFORE God layed the firmament and hung the stars in the heavens. So what if Christianity didn't exactly exist at the beginning, His Word did and don't be foolish and assume that God is bound by time. (You need to read up on the resurections and judgements in the Bible and this will all become clear to you)

[edit on 6-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i believe they are one in the same. there for i will see him at his fathers house.will i see you there.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The truth is that god is not separate from you. They want you to think that you are not worthy of god, you would never have been created if you were not worthy. How can you say that god is not in everything? It's the people who tell you that you can not be with god that are leading you astray. God never leaves our sides, because god is in us. So yes, if indeed Yehoshua said that he is god then it would be metaphorically true, because god is all, therefore we are god. Separation is just an illusion, it may seem like we are not one, but we are.

What you are doing is breaking the second commandment, you are making up a false god, a god who does not punish evil.

That is foolish to say that God is in everything, it is true in the sense that god created everything, but when were talking about the things humans do that is a different story.
so what are are you saying, that God was in Hitler? or Jeffery Dahmer?

we are far from God and it is evident in how evil we act, if we all had the divine spirit in us this kind of evil wouldnt happen.

the only way we can be close to god is through faith in Jesus Christ.
The bible states that all have fallen short from the Glory of God with the exception of Jesus.

I'm just trying to get people to realize that what they are is not some servant, but a divine creation. Life is love, creation is love, we are loved. I wouldn't be telling people this if there was a doubt in my mind. There's no doubt in my mind, because I don't think these things up, I feel them and then translate them the best I can into words. It kills me on the inside to see people think they are separate from god, I can't stand to watch them feel unloved. When people and their closed minds try to tell me that i'm wrong and i'm evil it just kills me, because i would never do anything to lead other's astray.

So just because i "feel" something does that make it true or ok?
if i feel it's ok to kill you or to blow up a building with thousands of people in it does that make it ok or true because i felt it was ok to do it.

How many Crusades in the name of god have people preaching love and peace started? How many people are looked at as "unholy" because they don't attend church? Why do churches constantly feel the need to ask for money (Federal Reserve Notes, aka the root of all evil)? Why do people even build churches? Why do people worship symbols like the cross, star of david, etc? Why can't everyone just love one another? Oh yeah, because they don't think like you, they don't believe the same things as you.

why are you even complaining about this? you act like it is somehow gods fault or Jesus fault. if everyone would follow what jesus said this sort of thing would never have happened and you know its true. Jesus taught us to love our neighbor and our enemy, if everyone would do this there would be world peace.

Did you ever consider what this planet would be like if love were the "religion". Who would fight then? Who would be unworthy? Why does nobody see that religion is doing exactly what it was designed to do, divide the people. Think about who is in control, the people with the most money right? Who was in control and with the most money in the past, those involved with the church. Why would they want you to know the truth, how would that make them richer? People wouldn't have paid taxes to the church, they wouldn't have given those in power more money. It's not this way so much today, but then again, religion wasn't started today either was it?

For you talking about love so much you think Jesus would be your best friend, Love is one of the main things Jesus taught, love for neighbor, love for God, Love for enemie.

wake up, god is everything, everyone, everywhere. Infinite

wake up, god is not in everyone, if he was there would be no evil people doing evil things.
I think satan is in most people.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
so everyone is going to drop the point that i brought up about the lack of contemporary quotes of jesus?

that's sad, especially when the thread is about jesus claiming something

anyone at all willing to address my slightly older post?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The truth is that god is not separate from you. They want you to think that you are not worthy of god, you would never have been created if you were not worthy.

No one can be worthy of God. how can you be worthy of the eternal King, The most holy of holys?

God did not create us because we are worthy of it, God does not need anyone, he is perfect and needs nothing. he created us out of a sheer act of love so that we may get to know him and experience life.

he loved us so much that he gave us a free will, to choose between good or evil, to accept him or reject him.

I'm tired of you lowering the most holy of holys down to our level. the universe cannot contain God. he is not limited to this place.

God did not create this place to be perfect, it is only temporary.

When Christ returns and recreates the world then it will be perfect. that is when some of us will dwell with god and everything will be perfect. there will be perfect love and peace, that is when god will truly dwell with everyone.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The truth is that god is not separate from you. They want you to think that you are not worthy of god, you would never have been created if you were not worthy.

No one can be worthy of God. how can you be worthy of the eternal King, The most holy of holys?

God did not create us because we are worthy of it, God does not need anyone, he is perfect and needs nothing. he created us out of a sheer act of love so that we may get to know him and experience life.

he loved us so much that he gave us a free will, to choose between good or evil, to accept him or reject him.

I'm tired of you lowering the most holy of holys down to our level. the universe cannot contain God. he is not limited to this place.

When Christ returns and recreates the world then it will be perfect. that is when some of us will dwell with god and everything will be perfect. there will be perfect love and peace, that is when god will truly dwell with everyone.

alright, what the hell does this have to do with jesus claiming to be god?

that is what this thread is about, right?

Jesus DID say he was God

that's the title
now can we expand on that, as opposed to going of on random speeches about general theology?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
well why dont you read the whole post instead of skipping around?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

wait a minute

what CONTEMPORARY source quotes jesus?

by CONTEMPORARY i mean documents written before jesus died, but after he was born as a human

sorry if this has already been posted, but i didn't feel like sorting through all 5 pages of posts

if you would have read the whole forum you would have seen that i had posted this:

www.jesusplusnothing.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

i read the entirety of the Original post

that's what i base the content of a thread on

now, are you going to continue to ignore my point that there aren't any contemporary writings about jesus or are you going to address it?

my point is twofold

how could we know jesus made a claim if our only sources for the claim are several decades after his supposed ascension into heaven?

and

how can we even know that the man existed if there are no contemporary references to his existence?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i read the entirety of the Original post

that's what i base the content of a thread on

now, are you going to continue to ignore my point that there aren't any contemporary writings about jesus or are you going to address it?

my point is twofold

how could we know jesus made a claim if our only sources for the claim are several decades after his supposed ascension into heaven?

and

how can we even know that the man existed if there are no contemporary references to his existence?

i just posted it right above yours. this is even better because it was written before he was even born.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

"I am the TRUTH, the WAY and the LIFE. NO ONE comes to the FATHER except through ME."

[edit on 6-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

The animal sacrifices to God were to end with the death of Jesus Christ. God had to have sacrifices made to him if he was to have dealings with the nation of Israel. His divine justice required it. God could have dealings with Adam because he was made perfect. When Adam transgressed he was no longer perfect and God had the right to abandon him. All of Adam's offspring were tainted with the error of sin. God did not want to abandon the entire human race, so he installed a very temporary fix-Animal sacrifices. Jesus was born a perfect human with the aid of God. Jesus later died as a perfect human without ever sinning. Jesus canceled out the Adamic sin for all mankind. The relationship with God, of the entire human race, is only restored through the death of Jesus' pefect body. Jesus gave up that perfect body and it is through him imperfect humans can reach the father.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am not "making up" a new god, or saying that I am god. I was saying that god is everything, and I never said that Yehoshua wasn't the son of god I am saying that he would not claim to be god in the sense that we are all subservient to him.

......... Somehow I don't think that is the case.. He left His Word behind, the Word that the Bible says existed BEFORE God layed the firmament and hung the stars in the heavens. So what if Christianity didn't exactly exist at the beginning, His Word did and don't be foolish and assume that God is bound by time. (You need to read up on the resurections and judgements in the Bible and this will all become clear to you)

So if it's not christianity it's wrong? You talk about islam in a bad way, so what's your view on judaism? Yehoshua was jewish, not christian; so if he wasn't christian then surely he must suffer the same fate that you all see for me. You also must not have noticed that at the end of my post I talked about how god is infinite (including time, which doesn't exist there). I'm sure that if I said something about Muhammad, a muslim would tell me to read the Qu'ran, so I guess that every muslim that feels as strongly about their faith as you do yours is wrong because that's not what you were taught.

@ thehumbleone

What you are doing is breaking the second commandment, you are making up a false god, a god who does not punish evil.

That is foolish to say that God is in everything, it is true in the sense that god created everything, but when were talking about the things humans do that is a different story.
so what are are you saying, that God was in Hitler? or Jeffery Dahmer?

we are far from God and it is evident in how evil we act, if we all had the divine spirit in us this kind of evil wouldnt happen.

the only way we can be close to god is through faith in Jesus Christ.
The bible states that all have fallen short from the Glory of God with the exception of Jesus.

So me where i said I'm making a new god that doesn't punish evil. Just because that's what you got from it doesn't mean that's what I said.

Yes god is in everything and everyone, whether we listen is up to us. Just because some people choose to ignore the love doesn't mean they are without god.

Of course the bible is going to say that, how would you expect them to talk about Jesus? If you create a new religion that you want people to follow of course you are going to glorify whatever that religion is about. That's why muslims believe so strongly in Muhammed, and every other religion believes so strongly in their deity.

So just because i "feel" something does that make it true or ok?
if i feel it's ok to kill you or to blow up a building with thousands of people in it does that make it ok or true because i felt it was ok to do it.

I told you that i don't expect anyone to believe me that doesn't want to. That doesn't mean I won't state my opinion however. Has anybody ever done those things out of love? I feel the love, and say what comes from that.

why are you even complaining about this? you act like it is somehow gods fault or Jesus fault. if everyone would follow what jesus said this sort of thing would never have happened and you know its true. Jesus taught us to love our neighbor and our enemy, if everyone would do this there would be world peace.

Funny, I don't remember mentioning either god or Yehoshua in my comment. You're right, if everyone would follow the teachings to the T, by exhibiting love, then yes this world would be peaceful; but instead we all have arguments about who's religion is right. This is what I've been saying, the religions don't matter, only the love.

For you talking about love so much you think Jesus would be your best friend, Love is one of the main things Jesus taught, love for neighbor, love for God, Love for enemie.

When did I say that he's not one of my best friends. Just because I'm not christian doesn't mean that I don't listen to what he had to say. I'm just sick of all the politics that come with religion, people thinking they're better than other religions, when those other religions say the same things about them.

wake up, god is not in everyone, if he was there would be no evil people doing evil things.
I think satan is in most people.

Open your heart, and your eye, then after you feel what I've felt I'd like to hear you say that again. Once you truly experience the love that is given to us, you will know what I mean, but until then you will be oblivious to what is right in front of you.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

All of this, and you don't think you're worthy? Yet you were created, and you do have free will, if you were not worthy, why can you choose?

How do you know what the limits are? Can you truly say that this is not just a small part of many that overlap, infinite levels betwixt each other? Have you ever felt what true love feels like. I've had a small example of true love given to me, and it was the happiest i've ever been. It lasted less than a minute, but I still remember it and always will, because i know that all of us are loved.

You are strong in your faith which can be good at times, just don't let it get the best of you. Faith is only the beginning.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

i just posted it right above yours. this is even better because it was written before he was even born.

alright, i looked at it

read over it

none of it has to do with the historical figure of jesus
none of that is evidence for the existence of the man known as jesus of nazereth

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Are you kidding? all of these prophecies are exactly about Jesus. anyone who cant see the similarities must be blind.

madnessinmysoul, even if there was historical records written when jesus was alive what difference would it make? there are some people who will not believe anything unless they actually see it for themselves. the same thing with god, some people will not believe in him unless they actually see him no matter how much evidence there is.

i'll tell you what, even if Jesus had never existed and it was all a lie, which no one will ever know for sure, i can garuntee in five hundred years he will still be more real than you and I.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yes god is in everything and everyone, whether we listen is up to us. Just because some people choose to ignore the love doesn't mean they are without god.

i don't know what rainbow world your living in man, but in the real world hate rules over love. Did you forget this is an imperfect world with people who have no food or clothes or shelter, not to include all the terrible diseases that exist.
that is because satan is the ruler of this world, we are in enemy territory and hate will continue to rule until Jesus ushers in the eternal kindom.

Praise Lord Jesus!!!

Return quickly Lord!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is pointless, so we should all get back onto the topic of when Jesus actually said himself that he is god. Not somebody saying what they heard, or speaking for him, but himself actually saying it. That is the title of your thread after all.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Everyone should read this if they want to know what Jesus said about himself:

www.everystudent.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join