It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus DID say he was God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Columbus

The only true way is love.

There are your words? Agape? Love a standard Christian codeword attack in disguise. I advise you to be careful in the use of such passionate words. Reasoned words are safer.

............I am being discriminated against here.

I firmly believe in the ideal of Deny Ignorance. I see that is not what really goes on. People are free to assert falsehoods and support and prop eachother up, all while enjoying special protections from the very motto of this site.

Columbus

First of all I would just like to inform you, since it is obvious that you don't know, but I am not a christian. With that being said, how can my words be Christian codeword attack in disguise? I did attack you though, and it wasn't unprovoked. You can't possibly expect to come onto someones thread and bash on their entire belief system as well as the entire ATS/BTS site without being retaliated upon.

I don't even agree with most of these people, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to come in here and say their Bible is fiction, that's not how things should be done. You can have a conversation without all of the harsh criticism. We are all people and we should all be loved by one another.

I would most certainly also like to ask you who is propping me up? There have been many people here that agree with what i say, and just as many more who say otherwise. I truly mean everything that I say here; and although i have my own views I realize that they won't be for everyone so I will neither force them upon people or talk to them as if they are idiots for believing otherwise. People are different, so they will have different paths in life, that must be accepted by you.

Your right, this is a public place, but would you come up to us in public and say what you have said to us? If you would, then you have a long road ahead of you. You say that Yehoshua never existed, but how do any of us truly know what happened so many years ago? How do we know if we are even living in the same place as they were 2000 years ago? Can you truly say that this life here on earth is not some dreamworld, that we are all not somewhere else stuck in a coma?

It's time to wake up

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Humbleone, do I need to quote verses from other books in the bible that refer to Jesus as the son, not the father?

Hmmm? that's funny, i don't recall myself ever saying that jesus is the father.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

Hmmm, that's funny, you're saying Jesus is God, are you not? God is the Father.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Judgeing by the other posts you've written you seem to want to make Jesus into some New Age feel good teacher and completely deny his true identity.

I'm not even sure you know what you believe.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

How many times do I need to say it? I am a "new age" Christian!! As fara s Jesus being a "feel good" teacher," no, that's not exactly how I view Jesus,but thanks for trying to decipher.

No,I don't believe in a "Trinity":shk: However, there is a Father and a Son, as the bible states,again and again and again. :shk: You are another one of those who seems to always want to be right,"humbleone". Not everyone can be right,and certainly not always right.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

No,I don't believe in a "Trinity":shk:

why not? you can see there is 3 parts to all atoms, can't you?

There is not a "holy spirit." However, there is a Father and a Son, as the bible states,again and again and again. :shk: You are another one of those who seems to always want to be right,"humbleone". Not everyone can be right,and certainly not always right.

everyone can be right, if you look at everything in the right light. Perhaps the light of the SpeakerofTruth would help?

SpeakerofTruth, if i may offer you som advice, feel free to use it, or disregard it, however i believe you may see som truth in it:

keep a journal. we are not always the same person with everyone in our lives, and we seldom collect our thoughts. keeping a journal will assist you in "defragging" your mind, not unlike we do with computers.

when you write in your journal, know no one will ever read it. no reason to lie to yourself, or impress anyone.

if you encounter a bad thought, negate it. it does not really belong anyways, it is not your truth, dear SpeakerofTruth.

thanks for your time, and for my time as well,
john paul peter

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am certain some of you are still going to argue,but here you go!!

LUKE 22:39-46 NKJ
39 And coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him.
40 When He came to the place, He said to them, "Pray that you may not enter into temptation."
41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and prayed,
42 saying, "Father, if it is Your will, remove this cup from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

Jesus said, "Let not my will be done, but yours" Who do you propose he was talking to? Certainly not himself. I did make a silly remark..I said that I didn't believe in the Holy Spirit. That is a lie.I do. The bible clearly state that there is a Holy Spirit... I am not sure what caused me to claim that I didn't believe in it.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]:shk:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Sorry to be the one to tell you this but...

The Epistle of John wasn't added to the Bible until the King James version, and that was in the 1600's.

And that means what exactly? Are you saying King James wrote it? Or that it's later inclusion makes it invalid? What? Are you saying it was written in the 1600's? How ridiculous is that?

Some of you gainsayers want to make it that if something in the Bible was written years after the doings in the writings that makes it invalid. Now here you are saying a later inclusion makes it so? What kind of sideways logic is that?

And where is your documentation for your statement?

Renew your mind or admit it is full of misconceptions and twisted logic.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sorry to tell you man, but God is the father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
Some of you gainsayers want to make it that if something in the Bible was written years after the doings in the writings that makes it invalid. Now here you are saying a later inclusion makes it so? What kind of sideways logic is that?

I wouldn't say,if true, that it would make it necessarily invalid,but certainly questionable. What kind of logic? Let me ask you something. If a crime is committed,who are you going to believe,someone who was actually there at the time,or someone who heard what happened? I am going to believe the one who was actually there!!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Sorry to tell you man, but God is the father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I am done arguing with you. For every quote that you find where you assume Jesus is being called God, I can find 5 that states that he is the Son without all of the esoteric interpretation that you are giving us.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No,I don't believe in a "Trinity" However, there is a Father and a Son, as the bible states,again and again and again.

How can you deny the holy spirit? even Jesus himself spoke of him "again and again and again" in the gospel of John . John 14:15-29 is Jesus talking about the promise of the holy spirit. I don't know what bible you're reading man but you better get a new one.

You are another one of those who seems to always want to be right,"humbleone". Not everyone can be right,and certainly not always right.

This is true, but i'm certainly right on this subject.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No,I don't believe in a "Trinity" However, there is a Father and a Son, as the bible states,again and again and again.

How can you deny the holy spirit? even Jesus himself spoke of him "again and again and again" in the gospel of John . John 14:15-29 is Jesus talking about the promise of the holy spirit. I don't know what bible you're reading man but you better get a new one.

Yeah,humble,you are right on that I account. It was a silly remark to make. I actually mentioned it here:

Jesus said, "Let not my will be done, but yours" Who do you propose he was talking to? Certainly not himself. I did make a silly remark..I said that I didn't believe in the Holy Spirit. That is a lie.I do. The bible clearly state that there is a Holy Spirit... I am not sure what caused me to claim that I didn't believe in it.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth, i think you need to read John 1:1-19 to realize why jesus is God the son, don't you understand it man? it clearly states the Jesus is the eternal word of God Made flesh, and that god made the world through his word. the word has always existed with god and the word is god. jesus is the word of god made flesh,it's not that hard to understand.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Humble,you know what man, you may be right. I really have no reason to argue against Christ being God. As anyone knows from my posts, I am a big believer in the teachings of Christ. I really have no idea why I am arguing so vehemently against at least the notion of Jesus being God. I guess, although I don't know why, something scares me about that notion.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

LUKE 22:39-46 NKJ
I did make a silly remark..I said that I didn't believe in the Holy Spirit. That is a lie.I do. The bible clearly state that there is a Holy Spirit... I am not sure what caused me to claim that I didn't believe in it.

arm yourself with your truth, the truth of yourself within you, find that first and then initiate against those who would find a reason to choose not to acknowledge, recognize, accept, or love your truth for what it is.

the only reason you stated that there was no holy spirit is because you just had a momentary relapse, that is all.

i think if there is a god, which i know there is, i am sure of one thing. such a concept of consciousness would have to exist in every consciousness, every life form, every observer, to include you. if your god is not within you, then your god is not an everpresent, omnipresent, in all things great and small type of god. but, if you can find it within you to acknowledge, recognize, accept for what it is, and love your own truth, then you will see more truth in all of it, rather than be one of those who bickers amongst eachother armed only with opinions, opinions that neither side can seem to define or quantify.

what is our opinions based upon?

we learn new information based upon what we accept as truth, right?

first we learn how to count, then we start to learn higher math skills.

so what was the first truths we began with?

well, you had two truths in each and every cell, and each and every dna within each cell.

2 cells combined that both said:
"self before i serve" or "self preserve", also known as "survive no matter what".

so, if you have 2 cells that joined that said:
"survive no matter what" .....

how did they ever choose to get along?

until you have journeyed to the center of your own motivations, intentions and behaviors, then the truth is they have never complied.

so, your mind, and your cells would probably not comply with eachother. might cause you to have a fractionalized mind, say like having a conscious and a subconscious mind, perhaps???

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
if the first consciousness, the first "i am" was merely equated as being truth, then the truth is what the first observer chooses to be true.

but, what if jesus, the son, gave living consciousness to "LOVE" prior to getting to the emotion of "TRUTH"???

although there would be no reason to be guilty, or shamefull for it, perhaps jesus would have felt guilty for looking down at his mother and wife as he bled out nailed naked to the cross and thought "Don't see me hurt women". although he thought of abba, the father, and did comend his spirit to abba, perhaps part of it was given unto the women, not all the men, but the women who stood at his feet.

but, how would one expect the alpha and the omega to actually even be capable of acknowledging or recognizing one another without the concept of love?

when jesus gave life to love, he provided the tools necessary for the alpha and the omega to comprehend eachother.

the first truth and the last truth could then be compatible.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Humble,you know what man, you may be right. I really have no reason to argue against Christ being God. As anyone knows from my posts, I am a big believer in the teachings of Christ. I really have no idea why I am arguing so vehemently against at least the notion of Jesus being God. I guess, although I don't know why, something scares me about that notion.

why permit the fears of others to define what you are "scared" of?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
why permit the fears of others to define what you are "scared" of?

Good question,Esoteric. I think what it is,is that I have seen so many verses that refer Jesus as being the Son of God, that I cannot seem to unite the concept of Jesus being God with what I have always been exposed to. Therefore,I argue to save face of my own belief that Jesus is the Son rather than being God. Perhaps it's just ego,Esoteric.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
...And where is your documentation for your statement?

Renew your mind or admit it is full of misconceptions and twisted logic....

Why do you people bother posting if your not actually going to read the thread?
If you actually bothered to read it you would find that I took it back.

Originally posted by Gear

Originally posted by dbates

*ahem*
You might want to read this....

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere about it not existing until it suddenly 'manifested' itself into the King James version. Until I find a source I will take your word on it.

But you didn't read this, or you wouldn't have posted what you did.
For all it's worth, I might have posted source material proving that the Gospel of John is invalid. But you wouldn't know. You would have skipped through it and posted exactly what you have.

Please read the posts in future.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Jesus was not son of God. There is no God. Therefore Jesus was a liar.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
COMMENT DELETED

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Gear]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join