It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I found this thingie...

I'm not sure what John thinks of it... but it looks more like something on the scanner than something on the moon.

Where on the moon are we looking here?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Springer:

Yup, looks like a camera artifact of some kind to me as well. Seems almost like it's not really there at all. Can't say for sure though. I must admit, that's an.... interesting find, to say the least.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is what i found until now, sorry for the quality but i really don't have any graphic skills. Maybe someone else can enhance my picture areas correctly.

Full Size Image:
i18.tinypic.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nice work tcgeek. The roads/buildings you pointed out have perfect 90 degree angles. Anyone's guess what they are.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Look close, really close. Out of the T structure there are "tubes" that lead off..

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
@SteveR
That's really great!

From the same area and here's the ''Parabolic Dish Antenna''

SteveRSteveR

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For reference, here is Clementine's rendering of the same area.

/yeayxa

Co-ordinates of NASA AS10-30-4356 - 4.5° N / 119.5° E

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you told me this was an alien world.. I'd beleive it.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What we are looking at seems to be the King crater.
Here is another picture of it from another angle:
history.nasa.gov...
You can see thos same structures in it.

Found it on this page:
history.nasa.gov...

On this same page you find a picture of aristarchus crater which is interesting because it represents only the inside of the crater, on of the best pictures of it i saw:
history.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Does anyone know the size of something that could be used as a reference?

Looking at images like this is difficult to know what size those things are.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

King Crater is 77 kilometers in diameter.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by looofo]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
King Crater is 77 kilometers in diameter.

Thank you.

That means that in the bigger version of the picture, a pixel at the middle of it measures more or less 40m.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Looking at images like this is difficult to know what size those things are.

Yeah trouble is I haven't had time to make a "scale ruler" for each image set as they are all different. Easiest way to check that yourself is look up one of the identifiable craters... and go to a crater listing for diameter... that will gave scale. In any case the items we look for on these pictures or very small on the image and would be very large if you were standing beside them.

Right now I am buried trying to keep up with the scanning and clipping, but I will get to adding scale and size to stuff later and put that on my site

For the JL Moon Pictures of Copernicus somewhere near the beginning I believe it was Skeptic Overlord worked it out, even had a little yellow Crane to show the scale.

Problem with Copernicus is that I have 4 diifferent official scientific sites that give dimensions from 12,000 to 18,000 feet and diameter, 60 miles..60, 85,90 kilometers You would think rocket scientist could agree on a size Sheesh

LPI = Copernicus, 93 kilometers in diameter

USGS has a HUGE map with minerals and rocks I have the link somewhere...have to find it... the maps are 100 + megs in full size they look like the one below.. I am sure you can find the link online faster than I can dig it up..

Oh yeah forgot they are Mining Maps Thats what the USGS does... dig rocks...

In 1960, the USGS established an astrogeology program on behalf of NASA to support lunar and planetary exploration. A prime activity of the program is the systematic mapping of the stratigraphy and structure of the Moon, Mars, Venus, Mercury, and the moons of the outer planets.

!960?

[edit on 23-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Found this little guy with a circle of 'lights'... maybe a vehicle/saucer of some sort?

It is located in the upper right area of the latest pic from John.

Reminds me of this thingy from Lick01...

I also saw something similar suspended over the moon in the background of an Apollo pic. Don't remember the source... I'll have to look for that one.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Found this little guy with a circle of 'lights'... maybe a vehicle/saucer of some sort?

Do me a favor Zarni send me a clip with that circled on the Image where you found it... I have too many I am working on...

Yes it looks very familiar... I will add it to the others and post it right after Christmas... gonna be a little busy next couple days. I know the Borg is waiting too.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Anybody remember the bus image that someone found? Take a look at this:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This thing looks similar to a drawbridge.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have put together some pictures regarding the John Lear picture of the King crater for those of you who want to study it.

1. Original JLear pic..............see page 59, id 2824746
2. As JLear pic.....................
3. Crater full.........................
4. Crater full + boom............
5. Crater full hires + boom....
6. Y shape from side.............
7. Y shape top......................
8. Y shape end.....................
9. Panorama........................

Some of these pictures are from this nasa site with some explanations:
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...

Picture 7 is the most interesting. Apart from the interior of the y shape, I think the region on the lower left part of the picture deserves your attention. It has some interesting features.

Picture 8 is not bad too. Especially it's resolution. On the left of the image you can see the end of the Y shape and a round shape in it.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by looofo]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have to say that your avatar is most excellent!
I have awarded you 10,000 ATS points for having a very cool and very funny avatar.

Now back to your regularly scheduled anomaly hunting.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The AS17-2922-(M) This Moon photo has some of the best holograms I have ever seen on the Moon North and South, Kings and Queens Royalty of the Court. AS15-0274(P) incredible statues and structures. Everyone of these Moon photos you presented are absolutely loaded with anomolies. Why the (P) in AS15-0274(P) because the perfect letter P is next to an Incredible looking Egyptian Statue as clear as day. Thanks Looofo great work. Staggering Moon photos. Rik Riley

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join