It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The ability to award negative stars to posts....The current system of either praising or ignoring posts needs to change IMO....

Why shouldn't posts be able to be given negative feedback ?

There are so many useless, trolling posts on this board these days, being able to award a negative star might make it easier to avoid reading the first couple posts in a useless thread so you have more time to move onto something more useful...

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I know I am jumping in late but I agree with some of the above posts to have the option to be able to go the last page as an option right away. I am very new to this website and pretty much have enjoyed it all, only wished I could have U2U'd earlier to some people without having to post so many times but overall, a great experience so far.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I would like to see the busiest pages get redesigned.

Currently, pages take a little too long to load because every page contains direct links to pages that are hardly ever accessed. This is evident by the ever constant multiple menu bars found on every page. Example Do we really the two top menus when we post?

Mods, time to stream line the pages, too much overhead!

The site has been around long enough to obtain metrics for the most widely accessed pages. These more popular pages should be streamlined and simplified and the less used features should be removed and made available from other pages.

Nut shell, get rid of the double menus and all overhead to allow for AJAX capabilities.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Stock up the Shop! More items to purchase with all those ATS points

Lots of members who have gained a certain amount of ATS-points loose their motivation for gaining more points because they´ve run out of stuff to do/buy with those points.

The idea would be to add some more items to the shop to spend points on. (example of new items "Your Thread as a 1 Week Headline" 2000 points, Dave Rabbits secret diary, 5000 points
)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I will second those ideas...

It would be nice to have other stuff to "buy" with points and those sound just spiffy

Semper

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OP date in thread title cell.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Stock up the Shop! More items to purchase with all those ATS points

Agreed. I would also like to see more games/contests where members can win some prizes, these games usually bring in a whole bunch of new members to the site. Many new folks joined just to post in the '5th of November' thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One thing that I would like to see is a security question if you happen to loose your password and request a new one.

This I bring up because recently someone (not me) requested a new password. Fortunately the wonderful and vigilant staff here saw through that, and even were thoughtful enough to email me about it.

I have noticed this kind of thing happening to many sights I frequent. I have my suspicions on who is behind this but I can't confirm anything. (dang I sound paranoid)

I digress, I think that a personal security question could help this kind of thing to not happen and perhaps give the wonderful and vigilant people of this site a break.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well I guess the Aussie thread idea is stuffed...again. ho hum.

Perhaps the Americans will see there is a few places outside the continental Americas that have concerns specifically about there own regions, its called the WORLD.
I know "World Series" has a different meaning for you septics but there are some other places with concerns that may even affect you or do we have to develop a decent "Rounders" Team to get some attention?

Well in the interest of site effectiveness anyway I suggest a spellchecker
button in the button row in the posting window for what I thought would be obvious reasons (being divided by a common language is so much more annoying when the spelling is trashed, not all ATSers are from Harvard!)

And if you are any reasonable brain with more than one topic of interest you may be commenting on a few threads at one time so a notification of a quote of your posted message and/or reply to your post would be a nice touch, perhaps an additional button in the row like the U2U?

now your over the million you can probably afford that consideration.

And I may as well push it more, how about a prize for used suggestions?

[edit on 30-1-2008 by aussiespeeder]

[edit on 30-1-2008 by aussiespeeder]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was just wundering if there was any plans in the works to make the podcasts more point wise, for example at the moment what ever you choose ATS.X BTS.T or PTS the points are automaticly assigned to ATS.

I was wondering if it was possible at all for BTS podcasts to give you 2,500 points on BTS, a polictical podcast on PTS would give you 2,500 PTS points, and the same with ATS points.

Fox

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was thinking something that might get people posting even more, and keep them around for a bit longer, is some sort of teams, like debate teams or such. You know, like I'm a member of the _______ team. Maybe something like an invite only system, or something perhaps along those lines.

Anyway, just a thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
In the future I work for one of the largest news, entertainmment, and info media groups. This group started of small and exploded around 2011 due to a crash in the trust of mainstream media. This group is the AboveNetworks.

Yes this site is only the begining of a historic change on how we view the world.

I dont want to reveal to much but this site will get into Television,Radio, News, Entertainment, Science and tech. This site will eventually surpass Abc,Nbc,Cbs,Cnn as a source for all.

And working for ABOVENET is great, the people, the experience, the travel has been beautiful. Thanks in advanced.

Keep up the good work. See you in the future.

ABNT

[edit on 31-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would like to see a larger amount of tags that you can add to your posts.

From what I've experienced so far, I can do a search on a topic, for example a breaking news topic, I will use the entire title of the news topic as a search option. Normally a topic title is the best description for the topic.

Any similar topic (with tags) should appear and I can then decide to post or not.

Currently, the tagging option allows on three or four words for a reply to a post and only a few more words for an actual thread started.

If a member finds a really hot breaking news topic, does a search of the relevant news sections and finds nothing, posts the topic only to have a mod close it due to a similar thread already exisitng. Sometimes the same topic will have a different title, but if it was tagged more thoroughly a simple search using the search option in top right of window will speed up the entire forum.

If there was an incentive for people to add good, relevant tags, this would free mods from constantly closing threads.

I have had several topics I thought had not been posted and after a section search and a full forum search I will post. Five minutes later, my thread is closed. This is usually because of a different topic title, or no tags added to the first existing thread.

I have seen one tag on a topic that was the http link to an article rather than it being relevant keywords.
I purposely try to add the best most relevant keywords to tag all of my threads. If I find I am able to do so, I will even add words I feel to be relevant after the important ones.

Please, more room for keywords... and something to get others into the habit of adding them too.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
xmb mouse over hyperlink preview windows.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was in chat the other night and we all decided it would be cool to see a voice chat feature. It would be a great way to really get to know that everyone here is a real person. Plus it's always good when you can hear what people are saying. You can usually tell when a sarcastic remark is made.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i'd like to see the option to start our own poll threads

maybe you can tie this feature into the point system somehow so you either need xxx amount of points or maybe its an option for purchase within the ATS store.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Since there a great many intelligent people on this site, which bring forth news not commonly discussed in the secular media, I feel that there should be a solutions forum. The solutions forum would be a place where people could offer solutions, enlightening themselves and others in the process. I have learned alot in the short time that I have been here and I hope to learn more. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by aussiespeeder

There's a simple solution as things now stand. Post topics that are of interest to other Australians. Instead of trying to withdraw into some set separate group, share what is happening there.

This forum isn't centered on America, or American interests, except that many people posting are from America. Because this is a site where we members generate all the articles, then it is up to us to generate those we care about.

I would love to have more articles centered on problems in the UK, Australia, China, South Africa, Germany, and a lot of other places.

If you write it, (and it's good), they will come.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
T-Shirts, stickers, and maybe bumper stickers. I know it's a bit cheesy but I would lov to have an ATS t-shirt. We could have a contest for a cool shirt/sticker logo. If the price is right, maybe a combo package. The money could go towards the site.
I like that idea. A contest for the best shirt/sticker logo.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
For those that don't know ATS does have a huge store with all sorts of gear.

ATS Store

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join