It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
heres a simple one... I wouldn't mind having a little box to enter the page number you wish to go to.

If your in a thread with over 100 pages, it's a pain in the ass trying to get to say page...40.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That idea, right up there above this post... that oh so simple, yet... amazingly perfect...

I second the Page Box, or however you'd like to call it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
If your in a thread with over 100 pages, it's a pain in the ass trying to get to say page...40.

Well there is a pretty easy way to do it. Use the url box thing.

Like this thread, the url is...

blahblahblahblah.comblahblahblah/pg25

*blah's cause of that stupid link shorten thing

If you want to go to a certain page you just take out the 25 and put in whatever page you want.

And numbers on the bottom of the page! Why not?

[edit on 22/12/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ah yes, where is my brain..

I used to do that, and then when I lost the internet I forgot all my tricks..

But some people aren't as clever or computer savy you know? Its painful to watch my parents use a computer... but suppose people like them who aren't good with computers, and like to visit this site wanted to go to a specific page.. It would be very good for them.. I fear they would try and try and fail and just give up with the computer all together.

Again, what you mentioned only works if you know you're way around a computer well, others wouldn't give changing the url a second thought.

Thanks for reminding me that I can do that though, you saved me some hassle.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Some sort of order to the Search function? (If there already is one, I don't know what it is, please tell) Like by Date? Seems like they are in a random order.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i second that request for some sort of order to the search results .. might as well create/use separate search engines - hence search results - for ATS, BTS and AbovePolitics too while you're at it.

[edit on 1.1.08 by toreishi]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I want them combined and maybe on the same board so that they are on the same page. BTS needs a clear advert for it self, it's no good with small writing that no body sees, that is why many don't log onto it. It should be on the main tool bar and bold, without having to sign in again to get into it.
If not then I would not bother with BTS it too much hassle and use another informed website about media related subjects.

I like BTS but it's potential is ruined by lack of integration.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I would love it if there was a link library. It would make research a whole hell of a lot easier.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree with Skyfloating's request.

I would love to see a new forum under 'Mysterious Subjects.'

Topics of Consciousness and Metaphysics do not belong in the Paranormal Forum. I guess Consciousness Studies could even go under Science Topics.

Can we have a vote for a new forum? I'm sure we'd get more hits than Paranormal if this was started...

I think it would be beneficial to have a first hand experience forum, whereas Paranormal is a very broad topic...

'Experiences in Consciousness' or something like that.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

No more freakin' stars.
Please.
I'm pretty sure that we've established that it does more harm than good (it allows for members of cliques to pat each other on the back so to speak).

Other than that, I'm still pretty happy up here.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Free beer would be a good start.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

*raises his hand*
Yes!!
Free beer!!
That would be so totally sweet!!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I know that we (or at least most of us) are adults here, so I think more than anything else, I'd like to see PEOPLE THAT CAN ACTUALLY SPELL CORRECTLY!!!
Seriously people!
If you have Firefox as your browser, it even corrects the mistakes for you!
Look, I'm not asking for Yale-level vocabulary or discussion, but for f#%k's sake, learn how to spell!!!
*sigh*
Ah, okay...I feel a bit better now.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Every user should have the choice and ability to ignore more than 10 people. Frankly, I find this limitation ludicrous.

And a 'search this thread' feature would be handy, as I dont have the time to wade thru 25 pages to see if this was already mentioned (sorry).

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Every user should have the choice and ability to ignore more than 10 people. Frankly, I find this limitation ludicrous.

And a 'search this thread' feature would be handy, as I dont have the time to wade thru 25 pages to see if this was already mentioned (sorry).

10 is enough for me, I just want ATS to come up with a way so it can be used at home, You know the kids start fighting just push the ignore button. Hubby comes home and starts complaining about crap at work push the ignore button. Dog starts barking at the cats across the road push the ignore button. Then when we come back to ATS we can add it back here. LOL.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
For abovetopsecret or belowtopsecret to have a torrent tracker for conspiracy related files, documents, audio, video etc... prevents storing all the data on ATS servers but more so on users PC's, with this a function on ATS/BTS forums for 'torrent link' inclusion... majority of conspiracy related files are usually copyright free so there shouldn't be a problem with this area.

Thx

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'd like to have a way to access all of my old posts......I know my profile page says something like '250 max', but I can only see 95 posts listed, and no way to even get to the full 250.

Many of my oldies were in really good, informative threads......but I have lost track of most of them now.

Also I would like to see a 'DEBUNKED!' forum, one that would feature 'urban myths' that have been proven untrue.......our own in-house, 'snopes-like' area where one could look for the newest myths ( like, 'Obama used a Koran for his swearing in' ), as well as the older, time worn ones....

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

You can look up all of your posts here

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Biggie Smalls had a good idea about starting a new consciousness forum.

In regard to that, there was some discussion as to how it should be titled.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I resist the term "Studies" because we already have a research forum entitled "Consciousness Studies".

I resist the term "Higher" because it causes an unnecessary duality/split to "lower". (See my signature).

There are crude forms of consciousness within fish, insects, reptiles, and even bacteria. None of which are worth the effort in aspiring towards.

Hence the need to ascribe the word higher to the forum title of Higher Consciousness.

Otherwise, research into consciousness is completely open-ended, relative, goal-less, and without the noble purpose of achieving long-term happiness and contentment from any acquired expanded awareness.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I would like to see the entire Conspiracies in Religion forum go away. It has been abused the entire time I've been a member, and continues to be abused by both religious and anti-religious people. Just as the politics forum was disruptive to the flow of the board, the religious forum continues to trash the recent list.

I'd like to see it either:

1. Completely go away.
2. Get it's own tab like politics so that it can't be seen unless you go there.
3. If you can't do 1 or 2 at least give me the ability to ignore a whole forum - cause I know where I'll spend that click.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join