It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Start an ATS calender that can be downloaded or sold thru the ATS BTS store with the top 12 individuals new or old members that contribute the most to ATS and BTS each year. The calender would contain their Avatar, their accomplishments and a real photo of the honored ATS member. Since there are so many outstanding members these members would then be put into the Hall of ATS or BTS fame and can be honored only once to give others a chance to be honored. An ATS and BTS designed pin would be awarded to the Hall of famers and extra points for being honored. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
We get a u2u that notifies us when someone makes you their 'foe'. For some reason, no u2u is sent when you get added as a 'friend'. I'd like to know who is adding me as a friend.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
rikriley, that's a cool idea.

You should suggest it through the complaint/suggestion feature.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think this is a kewl idea to have 3 forums for each topic.

1) believer
2) unbeliever
3) battleground

The terms I used are for simplicisty of presentation.
I think this format would help cut down the crap on all sides.
For a great many of the topics on here.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I also would like in the 'post' page where you can update your current mood during the post, going to the memcenter to change it I think discourages many people.

Also (adding again) - A conspiracy torrent tracker by ATS, as many conspiracy related files are not copywrite, it would be a neat way to share - and if it were to be implemented, an added 'field' in the post page to link to the torrent file for immediate download if the author were to discuss what they have posted.

Thx

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

How about a place where new comers could experiment with posting. Such as using hyper links, color and such so that instead of making mistakes posting large quotes or dead url's they would be more experienced before posting a new thread. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TEMELUCHUS

How about a place where new comers could experiment with posting.

There already is just such a "place":

PREVIEW POST

The only things that don't show as they will in the actual live post are the bbcode smilies.

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

What a tremendously dumb thing to say on my part. I have way to much garbage on my mind. Sorry for that incredible waste of space. Enjoy your day sir!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
wouldn't it be cool if we got some sort of points for stars given on posts

like for instance: one star good be like two points or something..then two stars could be like four points.. 3 stars six, so on and so fourth

or maybe just like one point per star...i like the star system a lot but it would be cool to see it incorporated with the points some how.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Could we have the BTS pod-casts listed in the BTS recent posts board?

I'm sure they would get more plays and responses as the ATS board moves a tad faster and a lots of hardcore ATSers don't bother with BTS on the hole!!

MonKey

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The ATS Logo

Has there ever been an official or unofficial ATS logo? A symbol of some sort? Not something that says "ATS" in fancy letters...

If there isn’t one – and I don’t remember ever seeing one – perhaps we aught to have some sort of long drawn contest. Or at least the founders could think something up.

I was thinking of a general logo for the network, then a logo for ATS, one for BTS, and also PTS. There could be a silly version, and a highly symbolic emblem.

For ATS I thought up the concept of a circle with a triangle on the top (with or without the bottom of the triangle), a silly representation of the tin foil hat. BTS could be the same except with a ball on the top of the hat and a dot in the center of the circle as a clown nose. PTS… a horned version?

Whatever the case may be... anyone up for it?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
And I have to mention this, but I feel there must be more racial diversity. All of the warnings or any picture of a person are generally Caucasian.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I would love to see a one off debate between Mr. Jim Marrs and a selected member of our Masonic membership.

As many of the Masonic membership on this board complain that many Anti's don't research thoroughly enough, maybe they should go up against a man who has spent quite a bit of time delving into the world of secret societies.

That is, of course, if Mr. Marrs has the time to spare.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hello hello.

Would it be possible to have a new button at the top along side the "My ATS" and "recent posts" buttons, entitled "POINTS".

And that way there wouldn't have to be a new thread every month titled "How do I get more points"

*RANT* It really chaps my ass *RANT*

MonKey

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

I 100% concur.

Points for flags and stars. That should be a given.

like for instance: one star good be like two points or something..then two stars could be like four points.. 3 stars six, so on and so fourth

or maybe just like one point per star...i like the star system a lot but it would be cool to see it incorporated with the points some how.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I would like to see a way to star other posts given in this thread.

I wonder if anyone else has suggested this on this thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have a few suggestions..

1) A 'forum' dedicated for suggestions/comments, having all suggestions in one thread discourages people to read the whole lot, and reading it in the forum format is a quick way to identify what the suggestion/comment via the title of the thread - and discussions can begin about that certain idea instead of spanning the whole thread in different places. It can become repetitious at times as members suggest the same things sometimes.

2) Number of users currently on chat next to the [chat] link on the menu on the main pages. IE if there are 9 users online it would say

chat (9)

3) Torrent Tracker for conspiracy related files (I mentioned this before) a lot of material is not copywrite.

4) A message box that comes up when a u2u has been received. Sometimes i don't see the u2u icon on the menu and miss it for a while.

It would say "You have received new u2u. Click to open in new Window"

5) Exchange points for services by members to members - at the time I can only suggest Avatar creation services that would be beneficial

6) Like youtube and google video, include an audio player tag that allows playing of an audio file directly from the post - like the quicktime player.

7) Have an added function in the IMG tag that can reduce size of the image to be viewed in a post - clicking it would open a window dedicated to the image

8) Fix the URL direction to IMG tags, unless URL is mentioned in the IMGL tag, the direction goes to a non existant page

9) Links to member profile pages via CHAT nickname list. Click on their nick and it takes you to their profile

10) Add a "Add to Facebook" for threads. I see many others mentioned - bar facebook

11) Ability to use SWF files for Avatars - much smaller than Animated GIFS - purchase feature using points.

12) A "Country" field that can be searched on the members page. I would like to sort fellow ATSers from Australia
(and add them as friends)

13) Ability to link a thread to other forums, for example "Aliens were responsible for 911 attacks". It would put the post in the 911 forum and the Aliens and ETs forum - replies going to both threads regardless in which one it was posted

14) TAG to link other related threads formally IE "Other threads related to this topic". Like the [ ex] TAG

15) An invite page - can put friends/family members e-mails, and ATS sends an official invitation to ATS on your behalf

16) An "send thread link" to friends/family members e-mails, and ATS sends an official page asking them to view the page on your behalf

17) Send thread to member via u2u, in the thread itself, would have "Send link to member", takes you to the u2u page with already filled in information. Would also have a send to friends field where you just select the username by a tick box.

18) Audio/Webcam software for Chat

19) [CODE] tag, allows to put in BBCODE without it converting it to bbcode itself. People can post how to use code in posts or signatures

20) [HIDE] Tag, allows to minimise the text/info between the tags - clicking on the "Click to view" will drop down the information included. Can be used with "Do not read if you're offended by xxxxx"

21) Save to draft fixed. Store in your Draft repository. Wife just posted a very long introduction - twice now, second one was 'Duplicate Topic' in introduction - hitting 'back' left an empty post box. Probably a browser thing, but would be good if the 'click back' takes you to the text already written in there. Instead of clicking 'back' it would say 'click here' which will forward the text into a new post window and allow to continue.

22) Agree with Flags and Stars to give X amount of points.

23) A 'negative' star for people who disagree with a post. So Postive Stars on top, negative stars below it.

24) A link in the u2u to the member who sent it to you to their member page. Sometimes I don't know who it is that u2u'd me and tedious to go find their member page.

Hope thats enough for now

Thx

[edit on 12/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain

Originally posted by bigbert81
I 100% concur.
Points for flags and stars. That should be a given.

I was actually coming on here to give this same proposal.

Instead, i guess i will 'third' it. I think it will give more meaning to stars and flags.

I also means, that even if a Mod does not think your post is worthy of points, the general populace can give their opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There are alot of great ideas listed here. Unfortunately time does not permit me to look at all of them so if this has been suggested I apologise.
on the MEMBERS page listing members is it possible to sort also by who is currently on line? and subsequently off line by most recently on line.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A few more to the other suggestions I made.

1) A 'Subscribe' to member thread/posts button. Allows subscription to other member threads and posts - I like reading certain member threads!

2) a [imgtext] Tag. Would convert text into image PNG file - prevents copying and pasting, cannot be posted to another forum etc... Would be good for the short story forum, and to secure peoples' posts without fear it will be taken somewhere else.

Image below is an example (taken from suggestion #2). Red outline to notice the difference, you can't copy that text - unless you save the image, but hinders reproduction

Thats all for now

Thx

[edit on 13/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join