It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
here's how my system would work.

if you oppose the topic. you get negative points.

if you approve of the topid. you get positive points.

this would help out and filter out the trolls.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Police State Forum:

There seems to be a growing number of threads that contain videos and evidence of corrupt police officers causing unnecessary harm to citizens and abusing their power and authority. I think it is time to add a Police State forum in order to better analysis and debate these ‘possible’ crimes against the population. As well as expose what many conspiracy posters believe is unavoidable arrival of a military police state. It is my opinion that law enforcement corruption threads are too important to be passed off to BTS or general news stories, especially when they may be part of a larger conspiracy. I believe this topic needs to be taken seriously and that the time has come for them to have their own forum space.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There is a BIG need for a POLICE STATE related forum. There are so many instances of police misconduct and relaated stories that they end up in places like ' General Conspiracy', where conspiracy is not as central to the theme as the effects of the police on a free(?) nation.

I know that there are many threads that would go there right away, thus clearing space from forums that are beter used for specific goals. My two cents worth!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Can we have the Predictions Forum split into different categories?

1. Predictions that have not come to pass.
2. Predictions that have come true.
3. Predictions that are still waiting.

Okay, my linguistics aren't all that great but surely you get my point. I just think it would be nice to be able to see who seems to be right on the money and who is not even close. Just an idea...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Also, how about an auto u2u that lets you know who star'd one of your posts and what forum it was in.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It would be really neat to have a map that would star the location of all members. No name... just a star so we could see all the different parts of the world we are coming from.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you are looking for locations without names you could check out the Traffic Overviews. Here is the most recent one, from January 08. There is a bunch of stuff and a few pages down it tells you stats of how many vistors come from each country, and there is also a map that has some info.

1,795,504 visits came from 211 countries/territories

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
Also, how about an auto u2u that lets you know who star'd one of your posts and what forum it was in.

Just as with other board's features which email when someone has responded to a thread/post, given the size and scope of ATS it's probably not a feasible inclusion. That, and to remove the anonymity of Stars or Flags would eventually expose those systems to clique-like abuse, ultimately diluting their effectiveness/purpose.

? thoughts ?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I would also really like to see the dates of the posts when you do a search. I think that would help make it more navigable.

Also, any thoughts yet on making it possible to star posts on THIS thread?

[edit on 2/17/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Cool I just found out accidently that the [ code ] tags were implemented!!!

This is an example of code Text

BBCode is translated between the [ code ] and [ /code] tags though, once those are removed, then it will be awesome

Sweet

[edit on 18/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered.

The thread is 28 pages long.

I would love it if I could receive a notice if a post of mine has been replied to.

I could check my profile, or something, and get a hey stupid somebody thinks what you said is wack alert. Like a U2U that your post has a reply.

If that is already available, please help me find where to look.

Maybe an email alert or something that your post has been replied to.

It would help with threads where someone posts but never looks back.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I would like to see more trepidation towards topics that are so out there, that they single handedly undermine the hard work that everyone else is doing.

Simply because, these are the topics that get picked up by the press and debunkers with the prime motivation to discredit the community. We all suffer as a result. Lets' not arm 'them' with any more ammunition against out cause!

As far as the perspective I read at the top of the page:

Agree with the topic = positive points
Disagree with the topic = negative points

I can't see that kite flying for the simple fact that this is supposed to be a democratic forum. What use would it be if nothing could be challenged? Where would the balance be? We'd see a break down of communication & ideas in no time flat!

That thought sends chills down my spine and makes me think of what life may of been like for those that lived behind the wall - before it was torn down!

I trust that my post will be taken in the good nature that it was written in. My motivations are simply to make ATS an even more credible and powerful force that demands the attention of the powers that be.

Now - can I please have my points back? I worked TOO hard for them & I promise to be a good boy from now on!

InfraRedman Out!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

I agree with you. Mods tend to deliberately starve a police brutality thread by throwing it over in Abovepolitics, but I don't see the correlation there, but I do see their intent. I can't blame them most of the time as the topic has been run over once or twice, but it would be good to have some sort of "police state forum," as you've suggested. These are very direct social issues that should be discussed at length and throwing them somewhere to be forgotten about is counter productive, especially considering the severity of some of these cases.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been brought up before and shot down but it would be nice if we could see who gave us stars on our posts. Maybe the member could see who gave them stars on their posts but not on other posts. Like their names would show up in tiny font near the bottom of the post or something. Sorry but it always makes me curious.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I support the start of a police state forum.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Hint Hint.... Look out for CTS next year

I know this post is several years old, but what is CTS?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
No idea what CTS sorry...

Again I would really like a forum dedicated to suggestions, going through threads like this is just so time consuming, a quick scan of thread title gives a great indication of what its about, and each suggestion can be addressed in its own thread!!!

Ok I would like to suggest that the site starts converting to AJAX - and not to the household cleaner..

en.wikipedia.org...

AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML), or Ajax, is a group of inter-related web development techniques used for creating interactive web applications. A primary characteristic is the increased responsiveness and interactivity of web pages achieved by exchanging small amounts of data with the server "behind the scenes" so that entire web pages do not have to be reloaded each time there is a need to fetch data from the server. This is intended to increase the web page's interactivity, speed, functionality, and usability.

AJAX is asynchronous in that extra data is requested from the server and loaded in the background without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page. JavaScript is the scripting language in which AJAX function calls are usually made.[1] Data is retrieved using the XMLHttpRequest object that is available to scripting languages run in modern browsers, or alternatively Remote Scripting in browsers that do not support XMLHttpRequest. There is, however, no requirement that the asynchronous content be formatted in XML.

The benefits will greatly improve the functionality of this website. For example, as the excerpt below suggests that code is greatly reduced for same functions in standard HTML and other type scripting.

Advantages of Ajax

Bandwidth usage

By generating the HTML locally within the browser, and only bringing down JavaScript calls and the actual data, Ajax web pages can appear to load relatively quickly since the payload coming down is much smaller in size, and the rest of the layout does not have to be redrawn on each update.

An example of this technique is a large result set where multiple pages of data exist. With Ajax, the HTML of the page (e.g., a table structure with related > and > tags) can be produced locally in the browser, not brought down with the first page of the document. In addition to "load on demand" of contents, some web-based applications load stubs of event handlers and then load the functions on the fly.

This technique significantly cuts down the bandwidth consumption for web applications. In addition Ajax works on the client and shares some work of the server, so reducing the server load. But nice GUI interfaces have their price. Compared to old fashioned and far less powerful applications, they transfer tremendous amounts of data, and you will never want to use any AJAX based applications if you have to pay for the amount of data transferred between the browser and the web server.

There are also disadvantages - however its based on actual AJAX applications, and I don't think ATS needs that sort of thing just yet, unless you're planning to make huge changes...

The benefits as stated is less code, a lot of it is actually handled by the client instead of server. With the 130,000+ registered members, and many more guests, you can greatly reduce bandwidth by a substantial amount - i'm thinking gigs worth!

Also, Suggestion for Owners to please look at the ATS Toolbar thread.

Unnoficial ATS Toolbar.....

Recent addition is a popup box telling you when you have a u2u - and thats regardless of what website you're on.

Also would like structure to tags, for anyone who wishes to do client side _javascripts. For example, a member who is a friend, would be in a Member Name tag... allows for client side scripting to do anything with the nickname, such as rollover name functions, or highlighting their name in posts etc... Could allow for local borders around their avatars in green for friend and red border for foe..

Lots of things can be implemented (by user/client) if some ID tags were used

Thx

[edit on 21/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Put the reptilian threads in their own subforum...

Actually, more specific subforums would be nice.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ok i want to pay for acess to everything

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
ok i want to pay for acess to everything

You already have access to everything with the exception of staff forums.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join