It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
ok i want to pay for acess to everything

What is it you think you are missing out on?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I want to be able to have full access and im willing to pay!

This forum should be run as the world should be run!!

freedom of information

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

No problem. You can pay with points. And you gain points by actually contributing something worthwhile to ATS that gains applause (=500 points).

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Create a very large version of MyATS Subscriptions.. a thousand and more threads.

Nameing as much information possible about that thread.. date created, last post time, who was last poster, who created thread, how many subscribers are subcribing.. as much information as possible.. WE WANNA SEE EVERYTHING, EVEN IP!.. but maybe not.. EVERYTHING BUT IP!!

to qweltch any suspisions the ATS community might have, of course..

With a button on each page that says "Save to MyATS" Or that the "Flag thread" option works aswell... but i dont like it... And add MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS!!!
(I never wanna' have to leave MyATS.. EVER!!)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I was in chat here on ATS last night and krill and I had a discussion and I would like the opinion of the rest of ATS. The icons in chat are several and varied but due to the one krill had I had mistaken him for mrmonsoon who I know has been around in chat for quite some time. krill and I discussed how interesting and awesome it would be if there were more chat icons available to pick from. Conspiracy related ones at that.

Like for instance a bigfoot (big footprint), or UFO, what about a sniper rifle or cross-hairs, or an "All-Seeing Eye", or a "Pyramid, or a set of binoculars?" Those are of course a few examples and I am curious to see who come up with what for this interesting post. I do not know if it has been brought up before or not on BTS or ATS, but I thought I'd mention it and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Two things I would love to someday see here.

1. A notification if you receive a specific reply in any thread to a post you have made. Yes, I know the bandwidth reason for not having this currently. However, I believe this would facilitate discussion on ATS in a meaningful way. Unless you follow every thread you have posted in, it is highly likely you will miss a question or reply to a post you have made. This is especially true in quick moving threads where replies may be made pages later. I'm just asking that ATS reconsider this when the ad dollars allow for us to biggie up bandwidth.

2. Equalize the point value of PTS posts with ATS posts. They are counted separately anyway. There is no reason PTS should continue to be treated like an undervalued step-child by points. Posts are no less meaningful there.

Ok....one more...

3. Have mods select certain threads on PTS to cross-post on the ATS board. This forum cross-posts as an example. This would bring more users to the PTS board and eliminate redundancy of topics in both forums. I've noticed that the search function can be cross-referenced so how about the thread cross-posting?

My hat is off to this site....amazing place.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Does the "Discovery of Atlantis" forum still exist. It shows up still in myats but i cant find it on the board page.

I can still access it from myats.

If it hasnt already i think the "Discovery of Atlantis" forum needs to be amalgamated with "Ancient and Lost Civilizations" forum. Since the 24/5/07 the seven most recently replied to threads in the Atlantis forum have had a total of 24 posts. Thats in 9 months, 24 posts!!
There are probably more Atlantis related threads in the Ancient and Lost Civs forum.

mojo

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey all,

Please forgive me if this suggestion/question has already been discussed in this thread or another, but I did try a search and found no relevant posts...

Ok, with that out of the way; Is there a way to see which of the moderators for a given forum are online other than checking the names of forum moderators against the list of members online? I ask this, because I recently sent a U2U to a moderator,only to find out, after waiting for a number of days for a response, that that particular moderator hadn't been online in quite a while. I find that as a conscientious poster, I often have questions for the mods such as the correct forum for a thread or ATS posting etiquette, etc... and the above method is laborious to say the least.

If there isn't currently an easier way to see which of the mods are online and contact them, could something be implemented? I would imagine that the coding to change the list of forum mods at the end of each forum main page, to show not only all of the forum mods, but specifically which of those mods are online shouldn't be too difficult and I strongly believe that better access to the mods could only serve to make ATS a better place all around, especially with the influx of new members that ATS' amazing growth has brought.

Thanks everyone for the time and consideration,

-Cypher

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hello People,

What I would like to see is a FAQ Forum, which has all the info that people need in one place..

Today I pressed the FAQ button to search for something, found a thread by Gools (in the advanced section), which was very good, but this thread had more links to other threads, for which there were even more links and more info.

This forum would really help the new people here (me), if I had any questions I would know where to go.. plus it could cut down the amount of questions the Mods have to answer from all of us.

At the moment it is quite hard to find stuff in here..plus you guys (Mods) probably get bored with answering the same questions all the time.

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would like to have a drop-down box where we can select any page from a thread instead of the four (+plus first or last) posts we now have to choose from.

Would certainly make it easier to pick up were you left off in some of the bigger, faster moving threads. Is there a reason it is set up the way it is now versus having all the thread pages to choose from?

Regards.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well this one is pretty simple. On the recent posts page near the top, you can click page 1, 2, etc. Can we put the same links at the bottom too? Then I wouldn't have to scroll back up to go to the next recent posts page.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Ya mean this? it's there
hope that helps or perhaps your talking about something else

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks, but I'm talking about the recent posts page.

[edit on 3/3/08 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
An ATS Instant Messenger. A comprehensive instant messenging service that lets members contact and talk to other members in real time like the chat only more private. Unlike U2U's which can take time for the members to read have a stand alone system that allows a member to know when a friend is online and communicate with that friend via an instant messanging service.

[edit on 3/8/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I would like to see a "thread of the day" or a random thread button. Either may bring up older or other threads that may have been passed on.

Skip

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

Rren, just in case they don't ever add that feature, here is what I do. If you notice in the url of the threads, it will say things like pg28 at the end of the url if you are on page 28 or pg11 if you are on page 11. You can delete that little number on the end and put in the page number you are trying to get to. Not perfect but it works for now.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

2. Equalize the point value of PTS posts with ATS posts. They are counted separately anyway. There is no reason PTS should continue to be treated like an undervalued step-child by points. Posts are no less meaningful there.

My hat is off to this site....amazing place.

I have recently learned about PTS, and my boyfriend (he was the one who showed me ATS) has complained to me and shown me the value or lack there of of Points on PTS. I agree whole heartedly on the points value!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

:slaps forehead: Duh. Thanks darlin'!

:tips hat:

No one ever accused me of being smart. But you're a genius! Now all I have to do is remember where I left off on a thread. Brilliant!

Regards,

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sharati

The value of points is equal.

A post is worth 1 point across the board, and a reply to one of your threads is worth 2 points. As it stands now, some of the forums on ATS have a few extra points incorporated for a response to one of your threads, but that's only with one or two forums.

But when it comes to an Applause, on ATS and BTS they are only worth 500 points. On AP, they are worth 1,500 points.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would like to see at least one or two additional spaces for links when submitting a news article.

When I find a really juicy article and a topic that has been discussed several times here on ATS, I want to link those pages so they can be included in the discussion as well.

I usually find at least 2 or 3 more sources that I'd like to include in the OP, but there isn't enough room.

I can add the links in a response, but it would be easier for all to see it in the first post.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join