It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Indiana Jones did a really interesting film on those skulls

The ending with the watery vortex could have been done a little better though

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

undo...preaching to the choir here....

I didn't even have to open the link to "Star Trek: Generations" to get your point....

(Oh! I know the 'Star Trek' films....very, very well....) -- (AND the series'....)

I am also a fan of 'StarGate SG1' on TV...not immune to the concept, am I?

So. let's talk turkey, shall we?

A 'stargate'....already been defined as possible, i.e., the 'rooms' that one walks into and is instantly transported somewhere else. This is thoroughly understandable....

'Some' aspects of 'Star Trek' are also understandable....except for the 'transporter'...what I mean is, as a 'tool' for science fiction, it is a great novelty....but, I think the technology can only transmit inert matter, not anything with a 'life-force'...at least, not 'yet'.

I could be terribly wrong, though......and, I'll gladly admit it....

The 'transporter' COULD be converted into creating whatever matter you choose, of course...that flows logically, assuming such technology in the first place. AND, sufficient computing power, which is assumed....'quantum' computing, for instance......

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

did ya read the link from IBM? the one where they created a device that teleports, atomic signatures from one atom to another? well, they upped the bar and cleared it. now they say, instead of creating a clone of an object, they can recreate the original object at the other end of the transmission!! i had to read it a few times ...check this out

www.research.ibm.com...

p.s. i knew you'd appreciate the star trek vid.

i've been enjoying "enterprise" series, too. really like the actors in it. they did a fine job. just found out it was directed by jordy la forge from TNG. of course, i miss "Data" and "Q" and "Warf" and "Picard" and most of all, "Spock." Spock was just awesome.

however, here's one of my favorite scenes (no spock, unfortunately):

no way can he type that fast
great scene though.

of course, kirk's ability to think dimensionally, was a great scene in wrath of khan, during the battle in the mutara nebula.

here's a nice clip from star trek 2, except for the very last frame, which was depressing

the squabbles between bones and spock in star trek IV, were funnier than usual. i thought....

oh and this one.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by undo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
On the note of TV and reality, there is a new stargate spinoff series Stargate Universes starting in Autumn this year.

I wonder what new ideas they will present to the masses? TV is certainly a vehicle to influence trends and ideas.

I have got back into the SG1 series again and agree it is very compelling.
They do have military advisers, but to what extent they influence the show who knows.

They had an episode (I think it was the 200th episode) where one of the aliens that featured in an earlier episode was writing a film (he also wrote a series television called Wormhole Xtream in another episode) and SG1 were there to act as advisers - plausible deniability was mentioned several times!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by YarlanZey]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
P.S. I believe Ra and Enki (Ea) are one and the same. This based on the Legend of the Destruction of Mankind, in which Ra is described and his description is a perfect match for the description of Enki's E.ABZU. This was a real head scratcher for me for awhile until I realized that they were personifying buildings and important objects and vice-a-versa, in Egypt in that timeframe. Hathor became the Eye of Ra. The Eye of Ra was a device that destroyed mankind with a flood of red water. etc etc. Which doesn't mean that Ra didn't exist as anything but a building, but rather that he and his description were intimately tied in with older texts describing Enki and his floating, flying temple.

I meant to quote the above and reply to it at the same time but messed it up. I meant to add the below post as the reply to the above.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by kauntykiki]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kauntykiki

I saw the above thread and I would like to share two dreams I had years ago. One when I was about 16 and the other about 10 years ago.

The first one I dreamed that there was a planet that only came close to the earth every so many years and that when it came closest to us is the only time the people from that planet could come to earth. The leader of those people brought a group with him to earth and basically just went about introducing himself and his people to us. They were kind people not aggressive at all. But they were only able to stay until their planet began moving further away. Then they had to leave. But before they left the leader told us that if we ever needed any help that all we would have to do was say his name and tell him what we needed. I can't remember the full name he had but it started with RA.

The other dream I had was this...

Everyone's children dissappeared. Everyone was running around in a panic looking for their children. It was basically like in the rapture when they say that one day the person standing next to you will just be gone. But in my dream everyone started saying that the messiah had returned and that he had taken all of the children with him. Because children were pure of heart and innocent. And all the adults were just left to fend for themselves. This "messiah" took them into Jerusalem. A dome came out of the ground and covered the entire city. The city then rose out of the ground and hovered high in the sky where noone could get to it. You could even see tree roots and pipes dangling from the bottom where it tore out of the ground. They said that the children were the chosen people and that they were taken into the city for eternity and that they would be taken care of forever. Most of the adults believed everything he said. Thought the children were with the lord so they followed along like sheep. But I had been taught that the first to come would be the antichrist so I didn't believe. There were only a handful that thought the way I did and we had to hide and live in camps in the mountains. If you ventured into the cities the people would kill you on sight for not believing in their "messiah". It seemed like a few years went by and then slowly but surely more and more of the people started to believe the Messiah was false and started coming to the camps. When we finally got enough people we decided to take up arms and get the children back. Because the reason they were actually taken was because they were young and impressionable and could be brainwashed into doing what ever they were told. (Slaves) The adults were left behind because we could fight back and they didn't want that. We worked for a long time trying to figure out how to get into the floating city. Finally after alot of planning we found a way. Through one of those afore mentioned pipes sticking out of the bottom of the city. When we got in we got into a battle with those inside. The fight went on for quite a while. Then in the middle of it the real messiah came. Down through the sky. And when the enemy saw him they stopped in their tracks and our battle was won.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by kauntykiki]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kauntykiki

well that's certainly interesting. thanks for sharing it.
i will ponder it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I love the idea of stargates and the possibilities they promise.The whole Enki and brother fight and one of them running away from their dad or getting kicked out for killing him or whatever it was seems like a great story. It's very interesting and would make for a great movie, too. In fact, Christian Science teaches something along the lines of the ancient astronaut theory as well, do they not?

Just wanted to add that it's amazing that a thread can be so good and so interesting that it can last for over 3 years!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
178 pages in 5 days. My head is the size of the moon.
Excellent, excellent work!

I`m however curious how "PlanetX" would fit into all of this? The bull in the sky? It is after all called the horned planet.
These are images from googlesky, wikisky and MS WWT.
Every company has a different approach of hiding this particular patch of sky when looking at the virgo constellation.
The most open about it is wikisky. I enhanced the brightness and contrast a bit, you can clearly see a larger body (the dwarf star) and two smaller bodies/planets.

Got the coordinates from this video.
Youtube
Youtube

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Does this refer to some kind of portal or stargate?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi there! I'm very interested in Stargate and I like this Topic!

First I want to excuse, I'm german, my english is not that good (9th grade school-english
)

I recently saw a documentation at TV. In german it's called "Welt der Wunder", means "World of Wonders" or something like that. It's a serious program about everything what has to do with science and new insights.

There has been a documentation about the Sphinx in Egypt and that it has to be much older than thought. It was quite interesting up to they began to talk about an "older civilisation". They told there has to be a highly developed culture which built the Sphinx and the Egyptians has just called it their property.

And then...

They told that in 1944 (I hope I remember right) a man called the "Schlafende Prophet" ("Sleeping Prophet" or so) made a prediction, saw a chamber at the right food of the Sphinx where all knowledge of the mankind should be hidden - lost knowledge, what would change our lives forever.

They sent a team to the Sphinx later and made a check with sensors (don't know how to explain in english I hope you understand even so) and found approximately 9 metres under the earth's surface a chamber. It's longer than it's broad and I immediatly thought it would be a perfect place for a stargate, wouldn't it? It was indeed at the right feed of the Sphinx and they began to dig, but only got 3 Metres deep, before the Egyptian government stopped their plans and prohibited to dig anymore in Egypt.

Hope you could understand me, I tried my best and I hope some words I took out of a dictionary match really. =D

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll comment on that.
Yours faithfully,
Sephfire

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Does this refer to some kind of portal or stargate?

Gates of Hell

The Abyss

Ladder to Heaven

The gates they put up to keep Gog and Magog out

yup in my opinion all likely references to star gates

To Undo:

Hey Beth... where have you been hiding

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sephfire
First I want to excuse, I'm german, my english is not that good (9th grade school-english
)

Not to worry... I was born in Hamburg
besides it looks fine to me..

There has been a documentation about the Sphinx in Egypt and that it has to be much older than thought. It was quite interesting up to they began to talk about an "older civilisation". They told there has to be a highly developed culture which built the Sphinx and the Egyptians has just called it their property.

Yes esoteric societies teach that the Giza pyramids are at least 10,000 years old and where built using sonic levitation.

The other pyramids in Egypt came later and were copies.

Unfortunately for us... Zahi Hawass will have none of that so if anything was discovered under the Sphinx, or any other digs that even HINT they were not built by the Egyptians... I doubt it would see the light of day

And now to make matters worse... our new President sticks his nose into it...

Obama at the Pyramids: "No evidence aliens actually built this"http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread470029/pg1

But on Zahi's own website, Zahi says this...

We walked down to the Sphinx from the Khufu Boat Museum, and President Obama asked me questions about the people who built the pyramids, noting that they were not slaves. We talked about the casing on the pyramid of Khafre, and how the Great Pyramid had once been cased the same way in fine white limestone. He joked with the press about the idea that aliens had built the monuments of Giza...

www.drhawass.com...

It was indeed at the right feed of the Sphinx and they began to dig, but only got 3 Metres deep, before the Egyptian government stopped their plans and prohibited to dig anymore in Egypt.

Yes and as long as Hawass is in control we will see nothing but what they want us to see...

I just hope he isn't crazy enough to actually destroy anything that doesn't fit.

Remember the Baghdad batteries? They were found in the basement of the Museum by a new curator who went down there to see what was stuffed out of site... found over 40 of the batteries fortunately still there...

So now we know they had electricity back then as each of those jars produced about as much as a D cell battery today 1.5 volts.. and that was using LEMON JUICE... we don't know what they actually used

It seems every time we take one step forward in knowledge someone knocks us two steps back

Now on another front new recent discoveries are coming to light

Ancient Cities Found in India

Dwaraka: Sri Krishna's City - legendary Dwaraka of Sri Krishna
Rajasthan, India near Jodhpur - Irradiated By Nuclear Blast 8,000 Years Ago
Sisupalgarh, India near Bhubaneswar - Ancient City Discovered in India

Turkey
Göbekli Tepe

Discovery of 12,000 Year Old temple Complex Could Alter Theory of Human Development
www.eurasianet.org...

Göbekli Tepe
9000 BC

www.thelivingmoon.com...

You will like this one even is there in German
I do confess though I just used the babelfish translation rather than do it myself

Those structure remind me a lot of the structures in SG-1's THORS HAMMER
Thor's Hammer

stargate.wikia.com...(episode)

[edit on 14-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
On the note of TV and reality, there is a new stargate spinoff series Stargate Universes starting in Autumn this year.

I wonder what new ideas they will present to the masses? TV is certainly a vehicle to influence trends and ideas.

I have got back into the SG1 series again and agree it is very compelling.
They do have military advisers, but to what extent they influence the show who knows.

They had an episode (I think it was the 200th episode) where one of the aliens that featured in an earlier episode was writing a film (he also wrote a series television called Wormhole Xtream in another episode) and SG1 were there to act as advisers - plausible deniability was mentioned several times!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by YarlanZey]

I hope it is as good as SG-1......I just discovered SG-1 maybe 9 months ago and it is my fave show except for South Park. But yea a lot of the episodes deal with things I have learned about here and now once I watch these episodes it makes me wonder if maybe there is a lot of truth to this.

I love how in pretty much every episode they show us how doing things the " Human way" or the military way usually backfires and proves we are not that advanced.

I wish they would have never stopped the show . It is classic, not to mention I have seen a lot of the last 2 seasons and am now just starting to watch from the beginning.

The Episode that struck me was about Humans being the " 5th race" in an alliance once we become evolved enough. Maybe that is why we are said to be special because we are a future asset to the good races in this universe.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Forgive me if someone else brought this up on here already.. but I have a short attention span and after reading through about 10 or 11 pages of random posts... and not being an expert in time-travel / quantum mechanics / string-theory myself, I decided to just put up the post to see what other people think.

I recently became aware of the idea that there is a so-called Gateway / Stargate / whatever you want to call it located in Iceland. Turns out a lot of the people that live there think there are Elves that live in the mountains; and they're from another dimension but get to our dimension using the gateway...

I realize this sounds like a lot of BS, but in reality, the government has actually hired "experts" to investigate certain areas before allowing companies to do any construction - in fear of disturbing the "hidden people".

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sum1one
I realize this sounds like a lot of BS, but in reality, the government has actually hired "experts" to investigate certain areas before allowing companies to do any construction - in fear of disturbing the "hidden people".

Skyfloating has a huge thread on ATS about the 'hidden' people, several actually but I can't recall the name this minute. Seems it fell off my list as well. I will find it and post it, unless Sky beats me too it

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
zorg

i'm here lol just not much to say atm. of course, i have new ideas and theories on this subject, cropping up all the time, but it's also a source of frustration -- it's difficult having so much evidence and not being able to verify it. on the other hand, verification of this particular subject, could be a bad thing

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
hmm... the "star seed theory"; this seems to make some sense at least - not too sure how atlantis is immediately being tied in though.... stargate atlantis? o_O

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"Millennia before the rising of the Sun and Moon, the land of the Valar was lit by the Light of the Two Trees. Far across the Sea to the east, Middle-earth lay in darkness, but for the glimmer of starlight. It was into this starlit world that the first Elves awoke, and when they were discovered by Oromë he gave them a name, Eldar, meaning 'People of the Stars'. Soon afterwards the Elves became divided; one group elected to follow Oromë back to Aman, while the rest refused the summons and remained behind. From that time, the name 'Eldar' became attached solely to the Three Kindreds who set out on the Great Journey into the West: the Vanyar, the Noldor and the Teleri."

(the encyclopedia of arda)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Forgive me for not citing all of this stuff word for word; but my mind works in strange ways - I gets bits and pieces here and there, and I make connections.

In Sumerian Mythology they were a pantheon of good and evil gods and goddesses who came to Earth to create the human race. According to the some resources, these gods came from Nibiru - 'Planet of the Crossing.' The Assyrians and Babylonians called it 'Marduk', after their chief god. Sumerians said one year on planet Nibiru, a sar, was equivalent in time to 3,600 Earth years. Anunnaki lifespans were 120 sars which is 120 x 3,600 or 432,000 years. According to the King List - 120 sars had passed from the time the Anunnaki arrived on Earth to the time of the Flood...

(what undo is referring too wayyy back at the very beginning of this long drawn out thread..
)

Planet Nibiru = Planet X = coming in contact with Earth in 2012...

With the development of the place-notational Long Count calendar (believed to have been inherited from other Mesoamerican cultures), the Maya had an elegant system with which events could be recorded in a linear relationship to one another, and also with respect to the calendar ("linear time") itself. In theory, this system could readily be extended to delineate any length of time desired, by simply adding to the number of higher-order place markers used (and thereby generating an ever-increasing sequence of day-multiples, each day in the sequence uniquely identified by its Long Count number). In practice, most Maya Long Count inscriptions confine themselves to noting only the first 5 coefficients in this system (a b'ak'tun-count), since this was more than adequate to express any historical or current date (with an equivalent span of approximately 5125 solar years). Even so, example inscriptions exist which noted or implied lengthier sequences, indicating that the Maya well understood a linear (past-present-future) conception of time.

A Sumerian tablet shows Enmeduranki, a prince in Sippar, who was well loved by Anu, Enlil and Ea. Shamash, a priest in the Bright Temple, appointed him then took him to the assembly of the gods. They showed him how to observe oil on water and many other secrets of Anu, Enlil and Ea. Then they gave him the Divine Tablet, the kibdu secret of Heaven and Earth. They taught him how to make calculations with numbers."

n giving their gods human characteristics, the Sumerians projected onto their gods the conflicts they found among themselves. Sumerian priests wrote of a dispute between the god of cattle, Lahar (cattle abduction / mutilations?) and his sister Ashnan, the goddess of grain. (crop circles?)

Thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join