It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I beleive it to be true.

I have seen threads with obvious misinformation. And certain topics in certain genre's will receive hundreds of topic views in just under a minute. Which to means there are certain person's who camp the forums to read new posted topics and try to analyze them very quickly.

Most of the threads I have seen misinformation, and suppression of ideas has to do with international terrorism.

For example there sure are alot of people who won't entertain the idea of government conspiracy in 7/7 or 9/11 and will horde threads and chastize every conveivable argument with nonsense.

COINTELPRO? Maybe. Probably.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
For example there sure are alot of people who won't entertain the idea of government conspiracy in 7/7 or 9/11 and will horde threads and chastize every conveivable argument with nonsense.

COINTELPRO? Maybe. Probably.

Or differing opinions! Wow, what a novel idea!

You deem it nonsense. I don't.

And if we would silence the ones who argue with YOUR point of view? Then you'd like us better?

Sorry, not happening.

Oh and since there are no examples of supression of ideas I won't bother asking you to post any.

It doesn't happen here, never has.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
We have:
2 opposing claims regarding the traceroute.
11 pages of opining and irrelevant garbage.
0 people who confirmed either claim.

I have:
20 less merit points.
Wasted hours if my time.
0 doubts of having missing information regarding relevant patents.
An Inbox for rich people with enough money to make me very influential.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
To be fair I never said that this site was corrupt

Your actual words in the title of this thread are, "Above top Secret is Corrupt".

You didn't type that?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Actually it said "Red Pill Press:Abovetop secret is corrupt" because the article implied that it was.

I never had an opinion either way I merely wanted to open a discussion.

Then again people read into things they shouldn't , over active imaginations perhaps

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pdo3

Are you serious?

No really...

Did you read the almost unlimited amount of times that everyone explained the damn thing as being an April Fools joke.

The fact that it was posted on April 1st gave that away for most people. So did the fact that the text of it is physically impossible.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't believe the site is "corrupt" in any way but I will say this.If you were working for the government etc,this would be the place to come.

Even if 99% was not true(I don't believe this) then there is 1% truth remaining.

Now if your trying to keep things quiet wouldn't you look here to see if anything regarding your project was here?

This does not mean "The 3 Amigos" are spooks, B ut rather that they are bringing infomation to the masses.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I don't believe the site is "corrupt" in any way but I will say this.If you were working for the government etc,this would be the place to come.

I agree Kuhl, that would be a logical thing to do but admiting such things seems to get the Moderators into a flap.

Maybe because they see the logic in that to.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by StJude]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I agree Kuhl, that would be a logical thing to do but admiting such things seems to get the Moderators into a flap.

Maybe because they see the logic in that to.

The reaction from moderators and other staff could also have something to do with the vile and disgraceful tone that certain people use (NOT referring to you).

When you come in and are immediately hostile and accusing, what should the expected reply be? When someone comes to a community and their first post is "you bastards are government agents and you're stealing money, and you're corrupt, and evil" what the hell should the reply be?

Well, I'd tell you what my reply would be if these people were saying this offline but then I'd have to warn myself wouldn't I.

Had people come with a legit question instead of pushing other people's character assassination agendas, the tone of responses would have been different.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by intrepid
Would you like to know what toothpaste I use? Underwear that I wear?

Yes, sir. I would! Especially the underwear thing.

Not boxers, not thongs, somewhere in between.

Now THERE'S a conspiracy.

So that's who's tighty whities are on the floor in my basement.
I was beginning to wonder.

While on that subject, can you give me your measurements and favorite food so I can smash you in the face with it at a party sometime?

link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
And certain topics in certain genre's will receive hundreds of topic views in just under a minute. Which to means there are certain person's who camp the forums to read new posted topics and try to analyze them very quickly.

Or bored board members who are just waiting for someone to start a new thread so they can read it...

Most of the threads I have seen misinformation, and suppression of ideas has to do with international terrorism.

Don't suppose you have a link to any of these? And can point out this "misinformation" and "suppression"...

So? There are people who buy the 'official story' and have a vested interest in convincing others to buy it. Maybe they don't want to look like a fool for believing it. Maybe they love our president and don't think he'd ever lie or take part in such a thing. So what? That hardly reflects on ATS administration.

And there are plenty of us who are convinced that the US government at least knew about 9/11 ahead of time. Have you seen this thread? The last page with the tallys is especially interesting.

80 of 111 actually think that 9/11 was an inside job!
12 believe the official story.

It would seem the vast majority of ATSers entertain the government's involvment just fine. So it sounds like you just can't take ANYone disagreeing with you...

How does one horde a thread exactly? "puz:

See here about proving a negative. If someone wants to make a claim that ATS is corrupt or whatever your strange post was trying to say, then the burden of proof is on them.

link   
This is getting no place fast. I see that the great SO has oped and got into the fight here to help displaces some of the disinformation, or I would say shovel some of the crap.
I am a noob here and I can see that some things have been started by people of ATS. For the most part I find that ALL the Mods that have nailed Me of points have still been helpful in other things. I have for the first time run into one ATS person that was........ a little off and it was on this thread.
All others here seem to be just good people with a job to do.
I ask to close the door on this one. When you can't have a little fun some times...... why bother!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Actually it said "Red Pill Press:Abovetop secret is corrupt" because the article implied that it was.

Actually, the Red Pill article's title is: "Are sp00ks running AboveTopSecret dot com?"

You created, "Above top Secret is Corrupt" for sensational effect. Those are your words. There's no reading between the lines... you typed it for a reason.

And... I'm insulted.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Source Of All Corruption

The article did not imply that ATS is corrupt, it suggested that it is run by the U.S. government, through a guy named Christian Bailey allegedly posing as SimonGray.

The word “corrupt” does not appear anywhere in the article.

So where did that word come from, if not from you?

The Neutral Agenda

I never had an opinion either way I merely wanted to open a discussion.

There have already been several extensive discussions on this topic for years, including a thread that specifically and exhaustively addresses the original article that Red Pill essentially mirrored.

Why the need for another one?

Your posts are available for anyone to read in this thread. They do not indicate a neutral point of view on your part.

In fact, and I referred to it earlier, they follow a very distinctive pattern that I've seen before many times.

Am I wrong? Check the examples in the article and see how many of them you can find in this thread. I think you'll find the experience edifying.

I'm not saying you're a troll. However, when you act like one, it's hard not to make the logical connection.

For what it's worth, I consider myself one of the worst trolls on ATS, so I try not to point fingers.

It's usually not necessary for me to do so, anyway. So I won't.

Sticking To The Script

Then again people read into things they shouldn't , over active imaginations perhaps

Dude, this is right out of the troll playbook:

Pretending to be innocent, after a flamewar ensues.

Of course, true trollery depends heavily on intent, which may well be lacking here – although your quibbling and false statements do tend to imply intent.

If I'm wrong to suspect deliberate trollery, I won't apologize, since your behavior is nonetheless identical to standard, entry-level trollcraft that was obsolete when I left alt.flame in disgust over ten years ago (it used to suck much, much better).

Again, I mean no insult by making these observations – you may be unaware that you are mimicking the mannerisms of a common troll.

I'm just pointing out what's obvious to myself and others who have seen this before, time and time again.

Don't get me wrong. I love drama – especially the sort of light-hearted banter that can be found here.

Just don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What I don't quite understand is why no ones mentioned firewalls to these people on the off chance they're being serious.

Firewall = redirected IP. If it's looped 9 times the military or government would certainly make sure it didn't show up where it really is, anyone who's been on ATS knows where Springer really is and knows where Skeptic is, so this is rather funny IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

We have:
11 pages of opining and irrelevant garbage.

Are you reading the same thread I'm reading??
Do you need to have Kinglizard to come to your house personally to tell you that he was only joking??

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Complete crap.

ATS traceroute

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Nahhh... Don't listen to SO. That tracerout is from today and that traceroute from Kinglizard was from April 1st 2004. So they've already moved the site to a non-.mil domain to avoid suspici...blah blah blah blah.
Excuse me while I pull my eyes back from the top of my head

It's a conspiracy!!! I'm guilty!!! BOOK ME!!!

*Insert carnival song called "We're jamming in the jailhouse" here*

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I'm naturally a sceptic and checked out Simon Gray; and yes he does live where he says where he lives with at least three other members of his family.

That's enough info for me to know that ATS is legitimate!

The Mods? Well that's another story!!

Best Wishes

J

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
OK. I've read all 11 pages and my neck is getting so stiff I may need medical treatment. So tell me - Was this story an "April Fools Joke"

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join