It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Are we done insulting the hard-working owners, volunteer moderators, and most of the members of this site yet?

Play what immature word games you like... Your thread is an insult and after all the comments showing you're wrong, I am taking it personally.

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

Well now it's my word against one of the sites owners ...

This is quite ridiculous and i sincerely, for love of humanity hope that someone else on this site can see that.

So once again, for the benefit of everyone concerned....I shall repeat myself one more time.

I posted a link to an article by the Red Pill Press that implied Abovetopsecret is corrupt.

That was not my opinion.

This thread could have been over and done with quickly but for some reasons it's done 12 pages in 24 hours and from what I can see I'm not the only person who has posted.

I have insulted no one

If you found the article insulting then maybe you should direct your anger towards The Red Pill Press.

If you are angry at me for bringing this to your attention that what you are saying is that anything that casts ATS in a negative light should not be brought to the attention of members of ATS.

If you are saying that, I respect your wishes and I will stick to the Cryptozoology forum in future.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by StJude]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You just aren't getting it. Red Pill Press never said ATS is corrupt. They claim that it's being run by gov't agents. As has been said many times, YOU are the one that typed the headline for the thread, and YOU are the one that said ATS is corrupt.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You just aren't getting it. Red Pill Press never said ATS is corrupt. They claim that it's being run by gov't agents. As has been said many times, YOU are the one that typed the headline for the thread, and YOU are the one that said ATS is corrupt.

My God...I need a drink

I'm rattling on I know but this is just silly, you can't be reading the post you really can't.

Does the Red Pill Press implication that ATS is ran by the CIA not also imply that it is corrupt?

And I repeat RED PILL PRESS IMPLIES NOT ST JUDE.

I suppose the angle you take on it is what you believe.

If you think the CIA isn't corrupt then you would think the articler doesn't imply that ATS is corrupt.

On the other hand if you think the CIA is corrupt you would clearly see how the article implies that ATS is corrupt.

I'm the second bracket and you're in the first and unless one of us attempts to prove that that the CIA is corrupt or not corrupt ( which is never going tohappen) we will just have to agree to disagree.

That's it

Nothing more

[edit on 17-2-2006 by StJude]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It looks like he's not done as he refuses to comprehend simple concepts and wishes to further insulting disinformation.

A troll is a troll is a troll.

Please refer to the points near the bottom of the terms and conditions.

-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I give no excuses for the nit-wits we have been talking to.
Some people do not have a gray area. Its black and white, Day and night, summer, winter.......

I wish we lived in a world where people would stand up for things they say and not back down when the heat is on. No matter the topic, if you stay to your guns you will gain more respect. You may be still totally wrong, at least you will be consistent.

I have to ask, does being a "spook" make you corrupt?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Are we done insulting the hard-working owners, volunteer moderators, and most of the members of this site yet?

Play what immature word games you like... Your thread is an insult and after all the comments showing you're wrong, I am taking it personally.

I'd say keep up the good fight, but not to take it personally. What color shirt am I wearing? Am I married? Am I a kid or do I have kids? What gender am I? We don't know each other on these boards which is why a lot of us (introverts especially) like to flap our traps here. It should be obvious to anyone what kind of work goes into this site (candidly I don't know how you can track all posts and check for rammyness, but hats off to ya's) and I'm going to go out on a limb here to say I believe you are much more than the work you do. Everyone likes to complain about the bill, but when you take the service away, they really collapse into tears. *steps down from the soapbox*

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I did a trace route. Couldn't find anything suspicious.

You can do it too. If you are using a Windows machine, follow these simple steps:

1. Click the 'Start menu' and choose 'Run...'
  2. Type 'cmd' and click 'Ok'
  3. Type 'tracert www.abovetopsecret.com' at the command prompt (the C:\>_ thingy)
  4. See where the hops take you

Why is this thread 13 pages long?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It looks like he's not done as he refuses to comprehend simple concepts and wishes to further insulting disinformation.

A troll is a troll is a troll.

Please refer to the points near the bottom of the terms and conditions.

-Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

Look, this is my final word on the subject but I must say that everyhting in that quote is totally untrue and unfounded.

You are one of the owners of this site so it is stupid for me to argue with you and I don't want to.

I like this site and I found a negative comment about it ACCIDENTLY I never trawled through the net looking for bad news.

I am not a troll, I am here to look up Ancient Civilisations and Conspiracies in religion because I'm a history teacher, plain and simple.

I came across an article whilst looking up the Cassiopeans, I posted the link to the article on ATS, the article implied ATS was run by the CIA, therefore for me it also implied that ATS was corrupt.

I never said it was , the article did.

It seems like your trying to back me in a corner get me banned, if so I'm sure that will happen and I have not got he power to change that.

I must say though, if this is my last post before I disappear I am completely innocent of all charges and anyone who cares to read my posts should clearly see that to be true.

Ever heard the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger"

It applies here.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Well now what prof do we have?
But we can suspect it of being of course but not actuly say it is

I dont think that suspecting ATS to be part of some agency like C.I.A or other govermental agency is bashing.
So what is all the comotion do moderators think CIA is bad and it would not be in their intrest to be afliliated with them?

If anyone thinks i was bashing ATS then I am sorry, I do like this site, but I got to stay opened to all posibilities.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by pepsi78]

[edit on 17-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
These comments I'm posting here are seriously just to try to help. If they're not helpful, please discard them.

Originally posted by StJude
I like this site and I found a negative comment about it ACCIDENTLY I never trawled through the net looking for bad news.

That's good. Seems like most of the media is looking for bad news these days because it sells. Though the title here "Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt" does sound a bit "shock and awe" does it not?

I am not a troll, I am here to look up Ancient Civilisations and Conspiracies in religion because I'm a history teacher, plain and simple.

Cool! I love history and am looking forward to contributions from a teachers perspective.

I came across an article whilst looking up the Cassiopeans, I posted the link to the article on ATS, the article implied ATS was run by the CIA, therefore for me it also implied that ATS was corrupt.

I agree the article implies that. Seems engineered to be a manhunt as well as a blast on the forum.

I never said it was , the article did.

Er...where? You'd just said above that it was implied. I believe the first I've read it was the title you've posted and in your first post which reads "Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt", taking something implied from an article and stating it as fact. Naturally when one makes a new statement everyone is looking for supporting evidence. It may look "tomayto" vs. "tomahto" to some, but for us literalists, it can be a real headache in trying to find this supporting evidence when not clear stated or implied in an article. My recommendation would be a title such say, "Is ATS corrupt?" Then, you're drawing from the forum as a resource to provide supporting evidence either for or against this statement.

It seems like your trying to back me in a corner get me banned, if so I'm sure that will happen and I have not got he power to change that.

We're in the same boat, but I'd rather be banned for saying something needing to be said than hanging around and being silent about thought, ideas and fact, no? I'm not sure what good living in fear of mods does. I've gotten a warning before, it was clearly stated, I understand, learned and moved on. I appreciate the heads up, because last thing I'd want to do is not realize all of the implications of what I say.

I must say though, if this is my last post before I disappear I am completely innocent of all charges and anyone who cares to read my posts should clearly see that to be true.

Then why declare innocent? I haven't seen any "charges" brought against you my friend so I don't think there's any verdict to be had of guilty or not guilty.

Ever heard the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger"

It applies here.

I like the phrase, "Don't shoot anybody" but that's a personal stance.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ugh... I feel like we should award people Oscars for their dramatic performances.

If the partners of this site were going to ban you, wouldn't they have done so about oh... 13 pages ago when this 3 ring circus began?

Come on.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Ugh... I feel like we should award people Oscars for their dramatic performances.

I like that idea! Can we do it? Can we? Can we? Pretty please?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is a continually frustrating issue and the more often it comes up, the more it becomes repeatedly insulting to myself, Springer, and Simon who have spent countless hours and personal funds first to keep this place alive (much less popular), then to respond proactively to the increasing demands of members and visitors.

If you're either gullible enough to believe obvious lies about us, or simply too lazy to do simple research into the truth, you are insulting us when you post utter crap like "ATS Is Corrupt"

It's fun huh? A few days of pedantic entertainment for you and the other nay-sayers? Waiting with baited breath for the next post you can twist from a supportive member, staffer, or owner? What a blast! What an ego-rush to receive this much attention.

You (and the procession of immature nay-sayers) have no stake. You have no personal involvement. You have no need to stand behind your words with any measure of integrity. Just throw crap and run! Pile on! All trolls come hither, there be board-drama, lots of entertainment for one and all!

Utter infuriating, insulting, immature crap.

You're no different than Laura and her ilk, except that you hope to stir the pot even more by being a party to spreading their obvious lies and malicious libel. You (and the procession of immature nay-sayers) are a painful wart on the posterior of the Internet. You care nothing for the obvious efforts of countless individuals who have done nothing but show they care deeply for providing a free and open forum for anyone to discuss anything within simple rules of conduct that are nothing more than appropriate manners in your neighbor's home. It's parasitic nonsense with nothing but to gain but sick personal entertainment at our expense.

With every month, we seem to be developing a backlog of disgruntled idiots who can't seem to fathom that an Internet forum would enforce common every day manners and quickly ban such people. They run off and post their acidic rants on other forums, feed lies to already delusional souls like Laura, and return under new names to troll about on threads like this.

It's one thing to discuss criticism of our management style and engage in honest exchanges on real issues (this has and will always be welcome). It's something else completely to start a thread with a baseless and libelous claim of corruption. That is not the criticism you claim, is knowingly spreading lies and supporting those who do.

Some day, when you spend thousands of dollars on your credit cards, struggle with server software, wrestle with inadequate board software, spend countless sleepless nights defending the site against hackers, spend more sleepless nights upgrading multiple-gigabyte-sized databases, get paged on your vacation when the site is down, spend more sleepless nights feuding with inept server support personnel, keeping four servers synchronized, trying to figure out how to accomplish needed upgrades within a limited budget, and dealing with immature members all to keep this place running -- you'll understand why and how my anger was tipped to create a rant such as this. Until then, you and your immature little trolling friends are not experienced enough to have any hope of comprehending.

From this point forward, our patience for this bull____ will no longer be generous.

(And thanks to an Internet failure at work this morning, this post is not nearly as vicious as the first draft... I held back.)

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
the idea of Red Pill Press was to damage ATS is someway or another, and from viewing this thread..it has achieved something along those lines.

Well done guys, you've just killed this place

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well I have just finished reading this entire thread and in my opinion the moderators and "owners" of this website have done more to hurt ATS on this one thread than StJude could have in 100 years - even if he/she tried, which IMO he/she wasn't.

When I read the redpill information my first compulsion was to dismiss it, but after reading this thread and the irrational discourse from many of the "bosses" I am starting to re-evalutate my initial conception about the article. Safe to say that if I am doing this, many others will also... they might not be posting to this thread, but they are thinking...

Right at this moment, if I was a US citizen I would wouldn't touch this website with a 9 meter pole (let alone post to it). 99% chance there is nothing to this, and if there was, nothing would come about anyway, but nothing is certain and one should not take chances on the safety of ones self and loved ones...

This is only my opinion and it will soon be smothered in amongst 1000 more replies, but from one "cat" to another: take care...

-SW

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
And had the owners/staff not replied the song of the day would've been "The silence is deafening".

Whatever. Idiots with agendas are undefeatable in their own worlds.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
ive been here nearly 3 years and the guys who have been here longer will tell you that the whole "ATS is controlled by spooks" goes on all the time...if ATS was corrupt and controlled by the government...do you really think me, who is FSME of the NWO, would be still here? what about the members who posted ideas about an anti-nwo milta group? if ATS was state controlled, alot of us would of "disappeared" by now.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I hate to see ATS crash down like this, I dont think any one wants that.
This thread is becoming serios so if we cant show any EVIDENCE exept the IP trace joke then we better stop here.
It would be unfair for this site to sufer because of us.

If there is any evidence besides the IP joke then it would be fair to debate it.
The rest "i said that i didint say that" is just bringing the site down in the view of others.
Let us be fair, if there is something solid then i wana see it too, if not i dont see how this discusion will do any good to the forum.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
This thread is becoming serios so if we cant show any EVIDENCE exept the IP trace joke then we better stop here.
It would be unfair for this site to sufer because of us.

I think this is the point SO was trying to make. The only "evidence" was from an idiot who intentionally copied and pasted an April Fools Joke. It's been demonstrated ad nauseum that the "quoted" post was a joke, in fact proper traceroute results have even been posted here. The funniest part about that is that the readership of "RedPillPress" is so undeniably stupid that they don't realize ANY PERSON WITH A COMPUTER AND MINIMAL INTELLIGENCE can run a traceroute themselves instead of relying on a quoted PRANK.

Am I wrong?

So that was the "evidence" presented and refuted, and some people still refuse to admit the whole thing is bull, and then wonder why people are upset?

Honestly, person to person, what is wrong with what I'm saying?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think it's time this thread was brought to an end.

It'll be closed and not deleted or trashed in an effort to stave of the almost inevitable Censorship/Freedom of speech thread that generally follows.

For those that will miss their "ATS is Conspiracy" fix, all I can say don't worry, there will likely be another in a few months time.

JB1

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join