It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
LKJ, IS a very despised person by many. According to the limited research I've personally done on her she is shall we say, unique in her ability to gain hatred.

Our ONLY contention with her and her "league of extraordinary plagiarizers" is they continue to copy paste our content with out the common courtesy of crediting the author (the Member who wrote the original post) and posting a link to the original thread here on ATS and the rest of Creative Commons Licensure requirements.

That's against the LAW, it's called THEFT. We have a robust legal team/firm in the process of getting this corrected. The amazing part is how MANY sites they have plagiarized. We are notifying the "big boys", CNN, CNBC, Reuters and the rest of the plagiarism. I wonder if they have ever written an article that contained 100% original content? Looks unlikely.

To those who will forever wonder if ATS is a govt. site, CoIntelpro site or anything other than what it appears to be I say...

Dis-proving a negative is impossible. I am too busy to waste time trying. I don't really care what you think as long as you enjoy the site and hopefully learn something from it. All I ask in return is that you contribute MORE than your negative opinions, in the end they are worthless because they are false. Fair enough?

Say what you will, I don't care. Keep it civil, abide by the TAC of use you agreed to and you'll have no problems here.

Springer...

[edit on 2-16-2006 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What's this with a voice of reason????

Well said Springer.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
LKJ, IS a very despised person by many. According to the limited research I've personally done on her she is shall we say, unique in her ability to gain hatred.

Our ONLY contention with her and her "league of extraordinary plagiarizers" is they continue to copy paste our content with out the common courtesy of crediting the author (the Member who wrote the original post) and posting a link to the original thread here on ATS and the rest of Creative Commons Licensure requirements.

That's against the LAW, it's called THEFT. We have a robust legal team/firm in the process of getting this corrected. The amazing part is how MANY sites they have plagiarized. We are notifying the "big boys", CNN, CNBC, Reuters and the rest of the plagiarism. I wonder if they have ever written an article that contained 100% original content? Looks unlikely.

To those who will forever wonder if ATS is a govt. site, CoIntelpro site or anything other than what it appears to be I say...

Proving a negative is impossible. I am too busy to waste time trying. I don't really care what you think as long as you enjoy the site and hopefully learn something from it. All I ask in return is that you contribute MORE than your negative opinions, in the end they are worthless because they are false. Fair enough?

Say what you will, I don't care. Keep it civil, abide by the TAC of use you agreed to and you'll have no problems here.

Springer...

[edit on 2-16-2006 by Springer]

"paste our content "

Content that you or others, members, have contributed to the site? Free content and the time the author put into the post/s. Of course you would wish to put shackles on this free property and label it as ATS poperty.

"I don't really care what you think "

And why should you. Not EVERY post here has your attention or interest. So long as it interests others and keeps the board alive and brings in new members to increase the boards membership and popularity. To what end I'll leave for others to decern.

"All I ask in return is that you contribute MORE "

Asking is free and takes very little effort. Having others contribute to the extent that it could be labeled as ATS property due to being posted on this site makes certian indivuals giddy with .... (Place here why you think ATS owners are here)

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Wilbert]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wilbert

"paste our content "

Content that you or others, members, have contributed to the site? Free content and the time the author put into the post/s.

From the Terms and Conditions by which YOU agreed to abide when you joined the site:

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms protected under our ATS Creative Commons License.

3a) Content Distribution: You will not copy material from these discussion forums to post on other websites or quote in offline research in a manner that does not comply with the ATS Creative Commons Licences that specifies the author's member name as a member of AboveTopSecret.com, includes AboveTopSecret.com, LLP and the member as owners of the content, provides the title of the thread, and a full URL to the board thread.

Yep. Dem's da rules, bud. If you don't like it, find another ball game.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms protected under our ATS Creative Commons License.

Basically what this means is that ATS Ownership can do whatever it likes with what I post on these forums and I can do whatever I like with what I post on these forums. Anyone else who wishes to post ATS Matrial on another website MUST follow the restrictions I laid out below.

Before the Creative Commons deed was issued ATS Ownership(namely Simon Grey) had Exclusive Rights to all material posted to this website. It has changed to a more open ownership policy such is the spirit in which the CC deed was originally concieved.

Attribution. You must attribute authorship of the work to "sardion2000; a member of AboveTopSecret.com"; ownership of the work to the author and AboveTopSecret.com, LLP; the title of the message thread, Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt; and this full link URL: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. This includes display on any website that contains advertising, accepts member donations, or any other form of monetary compensation.

No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Anyone other then ME or the THREE AMIGOS has to follow these restrictions for this individual post. Same goes with anything YOU post.

Is that clear enough for you?

[edit on 16-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

"paste our content "

Content that you or others, members, have contributed to the site? Free content and the time the author put into the post/s.

From the Terms and Conditions by which YOU agreed to abide when you joined the site:

3a) Content Distribution: You will not copy material from these discussion forums to post on other websites or quote in offline research in a manner that does not comply with the ATS Creative Commons Licences that specifies the author's member name as a member of AboveTopSecret.com, includes AboveTopSecret.com, LLP and the member as owners of the content, provides the title of the thread, and a full URL to the board thread.

Yep. Dem's da rules, bud. If you don't like it, find another ball game.

You make it sound so prim and proper. It's only as valid as long as the majority or the one who is the loudest decides other wise. Just because it's in writing does not make it factual. In the SPIRIT of the law will such RULES be deamed usefull and factual. Basically its just a bunch of jargon to EXCUSE the owner to do as they please. When it all comes down to it the owner/s can do what ever they wanted on this board and to the posts. But if they wish others to follow suit so to then they must lead by example until they are proven wrong. But since the MOD/OWNWER dont care what others post/s so why to then must I or others?

Would SPIRIT not be refered to ones own concience of how one interprets the LAW of RULE? Just because it may carry wieght in whatever country THEIR RULE may have weight does not mean it is LAW else were. As I said it's just a bunch of jargon for the owners/mods to power trip if THEY feel THREATENED and to PROFIT off of others if the LAW allows it. What better way to live life then to feel you OWNED a part of someone elses life, work etc...

So please contribute to your hearts content members. Expand this sites knowledge and imagination and allow it to grow into a community where all intelectual property belongs to the owners/mods of this site.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wilbert, you have nothing invested why do you even care?

Did you sign up to bitch? I was wondering if the troll filter was on the fritz.

Wilbert, is ATS hurting your pockets and that's the real problem here?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You see that post you just wrote? You own non-exclusive rights to it which you can then go on and do whatever you wish with it. If you feel that the OWNERS are infringing on that then take them to court. Creative Commons IS court tested in several countries you know. It's also used by many sites based in many nations and is not exclusive to N.America. But you obviously have a grude because of your warning so NEways....

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wilbert,

The way I see it you have two options available to you:

1) Actually take the few minutes to read the T&C and familiarize yourself with the concept and idea behind the Creative Commons,

OR

2) Stop talking about it.

It's really not fair to anyone the way that you are taking a concept intended to protect the members of this site and things they invest time and effort into, and turn it into something to prove your childish "anti-mod" crusade.

Surely you've realized over your 5 months here that attempts at making others look bad usually get exposed, disproved, and shoveled off pretty quickly. I have no idea what your problem is but after reading your two above posts the only two conclusions are you're either an outright liar, or your well intentioned and just "don't quite get it."

Why are you trying to LIE to turn people against ATS?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So please contribute to your hearts content members. Expand this sites knowledge and imagination and allow it to grow into a community where all intelectual property belongs to the owners/mods of this site.

Just like another member who was somewhere in between, you are very upset about the "profit" angle. Shame that you don't realize that the content you post is YOURS TOO and that the upcoming Conspiracy Masters forum will allow you to "profit" from your original works too...should you choose.

Of course you could go get your own web site, book deal, movie, tv show as well. I'm sure you would not need an agent or anything to help facilitate the process.

Myself, I appreciate ATS giving me a place to write, podcast, and even upload personal artwork. They don't charge me monthly for space or bandwidth. The Three Amigos are not a charity group so recouping their expense by ads or using my content seems a very fair exchange. Not to mention, they would give me credit in any medium they used my contribution.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You forgot option 3 Djarums:

3- Use the Log Out button and don't look back.

D does bring up a telling question though, why are you even here? All you do is diss the site.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I smell a Sock Puppet. I've heard this line of argument in too many threads by different people for it too be a coincidence. IP Check may be in order I think.

If I'm wrong then I apologize.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Was ATS created to view opinions or does it have a cause?
ATS is grate dont get me rong, but what does ATS plan on doing in the future?
What i dont understand is if ATS has a goal besides denny ignorance.
Are the moderators impartial? or do they have an opinion?

[edit on 16-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

I smell a Sock Puppet. I've heard this line of argument in too many threads by different people for it too be a coincidence. IP Check may be in order I think.

If I'm wrong then I apologize.

Appology accepted.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

We have been here, deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sure they have an agenda.. But do you honestly believe you will get it from the net? And from them? You will have to do better to goat them then expecting them to open up to you with a single post.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

We have been here, deny ignorance.

Okay so that is the only thing?
It's not to help acomplish or disfavor anithing?

What about the other thing, i dont know if you can answer me since u'r not a moderator.
Are moderators neutral?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Our cause? To be the best site on the Net that deals with alternative topics.

Mods ARE impartial. We police ourselves strictly. If an action is taken it better be backed up by the T&C, or else.

Yes, we do have opinions. We're people after all. Well, except Amuk, he's a Hillbilly Biker.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You forgot option 3 Djarums:

3- Use the Log Out button and don't look back.

D does bring up a telling question though, why are you even here? All you do is diss the site.

Yes you would be one to be bullish and expect everyone to sercome to your whim to do as you say or be threatened with actions YOU deem is appropiate. If someone disagrees silent them by having them silent themselfs.

Take a chill pill and don't call me until I call you.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Moderators are uncompensated volunteers who have been invited to help out in the day to day maintenance of this tremendous web community.

Each and every one of the moderators has been a regular member here first. It follows logically then that they have opinions as well.

You'll find that all moderators have been able to quite easily balance their own opinions and their responsibilities as moderators quite well, and about 99% of the membership will agree with that.

There are of course, tragically, that 1% who have sour grapes over being warned for their poor conduct and would like everyone to believe the moderators are evil people doing hideous things like killing all the world's kittens.

EDIT: Wilbert, no one has to silence you to make your points seem redundant and ineffective as you're doing a phenomenal job of that yourself.

Now again I ask you, why are you LYING about ATS, what do YOU have to gain by misrepresenting us? Looks like you keep forgetting to address that question. Par for the course.

[edit on 2-16-2006 by Djarums]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join