It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
You win.. I'm an asshole. My bad man... But you have to understand this is a joke thread right? We are all just messing with each other.

It's ok, no harm done.

I love sports in general. But I don't consider Soccer a sport!!!

Of course it's not just a sport, it's the King of sports.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Dr. Love, come on man...you know better.

There's football and there's soccer

You should not have to say "American" football.

Just saying Football will suffice....everyone else should understand that Football is American and soccer is that foreign sissy game.

Rugby is Rugby.

Later
Sporty

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
Well, we managed to rule the world well enough until we got bored of it, while still playing cricket, so why cant you now your top dog? too busy pulling on the armour and tights? thinking about the next play? waiting for the commercials to end? watching dancing girls? souzafone band? steroids need time to kick in?

Bored of it heh? Perhaps if you played a mans sport you wouldn't get so bored heh? You guys fall asleep at the wheel so to speak? Brain numbed from watching a ball bounce back and forth for three hours and lost track of time? Maybe that's why we kicked your asses back to England way back when? We even made a sport of it... Football. *wink*

Now.. If you will hold on a sec I need to inject some 'roids and get a lap dance.

We kicked their asses because the french hated them more than we did and gave us support.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just got done watching one of the most hyped soccer games in the world...

Chelsea, considered to be the best team in the world against the pride of Spains La Liga, Barcelona.

Let's do a play by play shall we?

1) Kick off
2) Nancy boy falls
3-8) See above
9) Half time
10) Nancy boy ejected from the game for nothing
11) Chelsea scores...ON THEM SELVES
12) Barcelona scores... ON THEM SELVES
13) Barcelona scores

These were supposed to be 2 of the 5 best teams in the world... 66% of the goals were caused by their own defenders!!!!

PATHETIC!

I wasted 90 minutes of my life to watch 2 inept teams see who could outscore the other team on their own net. And these were supposed to be the very compitent teams?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
Of course it's not just a sport, it's the King of sports.

More like Queen.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I came across this clip, and thought it would be a good indicator of just how athletic NFL players are.

This is Donovan McNabb, a QB (note - the QB is generally NOT a good open field runner, though McNabb is) who tips the scales at 240 pounds and stands 6 feet 2 inches tall. He is "big" in every sense of the word.

Look at this move

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Then why are you waching it?
Dont waste your self and wach what you like.
How ever if you like it or not it will remain the most popular sport played on the planet of course exept for united states and canada.

I really dont care if you like the game or not, after all we didint start the thread, we got a little exciting to help you develope the game there too, to get the feeling of it, but if you dont want it it's okay we willl keep it for our self.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Dr. Love, come on man...you know better.

There's football and there's soccer

You should not have to say "American" football.

Just saying Football will suffice....everyone else should understand that Football is American and soccer is that foreign sissy game.

Rugby is Rugby.

Later
Sporty

'Spherical objects' my friend

It's called American football to ensure anyone going to a game / tuning in knows to bring a book, a sleeping bag and an alarm clock.

You're right that Rugby is Rugby but Rugby league is very like American football but played by harder men who actually take on more than 1 role - ie run and tackle - the same guy, yes really.

Why RL hasn't taken off in the US is beyond me - it's like AF but a sport rather than something between ad-breaks

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
11) Chelsea scores...ON THEM SELVES
12) Barcelona scores... ON THEM SELVES
13) Barcelona scores

Barcelona 2....Chelsea 1

*gets out ridcully's 'soccer to football point conversion chart'*

Hell............that's a 40-21 victory for Barcelona in NFL terms!

I love my conversion chart.

Peace

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You gotta add another 20 to Barca's score. Ronaldinho's teeth automatically bump up the score!!!

[edit on 23-2-2006 by ridcully]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo

Um...this was not the best picture to post because I'm about to unload on it.

Suffice to say that American baseball players are real men because they don't need helmets WITH FACEGUARDS. Those look like the baseball helmets that our little leaguers wear, you know the same little leaguers that are still wearing Pull-Ups.
What's with all the freakin' protection? What, is somebody shooting bullets at them. Our players take a Randy Johnson heater in the small of the back, shake it off and walk to first. Your players look like they're getting ready to raid some freakin' terrorist compound in Iraq.

Peace

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hmm Cricket: bowler (upto 200+ pounds) takes a run-up & bowls small hard ball into the ground at 100 mph+ which can rise sharply and can (and has) kill people - bowling at the body / head is part of the game.

Baseball: pitcher throws a larger softer ball from a standing position at an imaginary box.

No comparison in the potential danger

IIRC some BB team were taken to actually see cricket at Lords and were amazed the batsmen didn't have more protection!

We have baseball here - but it's called rounders and girls play it!

Oh yeah and what's with the nerdy glove needed just to catch a bigger ball?

No comparison cricket - a gentlemen's game played by gentlemen and the odd colonial; baseball an odd colonial game

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What's with all the freakin' protection? What, is somebody shooting bullets at them.

You do realize that the rest of the world is wondering the exact same thing with regards to American Football? Just an observation...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yea why the need to wear helmets and protection all over the body for a game of rugby:shk: when real rugby is played with out any protection.
It seems to me it's a girls sport, girls that are about to take of to mars that's how it looks.
American football is just over rated rugby.
Now we got rugby too, but we prefer to wach most of the times original football and some times rugby.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Do yourselves a favour type football into google.

Which comes up first ? Thats right FIFA's offical site, which stands for Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). I dont see anything about soccer there.

One thing that really grinds my gears is how the superbowl winners are called world champions,how can this be in a domestic sport, same with the so called "World series" when in fact your the only country who plays the bloody sports

If you really wanna see a real physical sport watch Hurling.

And yes those hurls are used for more than hitting the ball

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Merkeva]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
American football is just over rated rugby.

Go through this thread and watch the .gifs of all the wicked NFL hits. Believe me, the physical difference between rugby and American football is night and day.

And as far as cricket players needing that protection or they might get killed, that's laughable. They need to toughen up, I mean, at least get rid of the faceguards. Since when are Euros worried about their teeth?
Our baseballs are not as soft as you seem to think.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Don't bring the French into it or we might start agreeing on something

How in beelezebub's bottom did the French take control of the World's leading sport invented (like all proper sports) by the Brits? What in tarnation is happening in this great country of ours - Butch?

Butch Schlong & Snatch Frigget - WA** Cincinati

Mustn't Grumble!

for those of you who've never heard the BBC view of US sports this is a must! - it's only a joke forgawdsake!

ohluckyyou.namwollem.co.uk...

23/01/03's the best introduction to this classic feature of UK national radio

BTW - 'World Series' baseball refers to the original sponsor - 'The World' newspaper so there is some excuse for that whereas for scroteball there's absolutely no justification for calling the winners of a match between US West & US East (or is it PepsiCo & General Motors) world champions.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Strangerous]

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Go through this thread and watch the .gifs of all the wicked NFL hits. Believe me, the physical difference between rugby and American football is night and day.

And as far as cricket players needing that protection or they might get killed, that's laughable. They need to toughen up, I mean, at least get rid of the faceguards. Since when are Euros worried about their teeth?
Our baseballs are not as soft as you seem to think.

Peace

Batsmen have been killed by fast bowlers - fact.

I can see a two sport championship coming on - NY Yankees Vs. Cheshire 2nd XI: one game of cricket, one of rounders - seems a fair match

Sport is War by another means - Von Strangerous (attrib)

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I came across this clip, and thought it would be a good indicator of just how athletic NFL players are.

This is Donovan McNabb, a QB (note - the QB is generally NOT a good open field runner, though McNabb is) who tips the scales at 240 pounds and stands 6 feet 2 inches tall. He is "big" in every sense of the word.

Look at this move

Ha! I would love to see that guy doing the same controlling the ball with his feet, instead of holding it under his arm.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
Ha! I would love to see that guy doing the same controlling the ball with his feet, instead of holding it under his arm.

You mean like this?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join