It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
pepsi

Our "ten minute breaks" come between plays not during the play!

And sure the guy who catches the ball can pass it, it just has to be passed backwards.

Do you mind if I send a copy of your play over to Gary Kubiak? I think we might have an offensive genius on our hands.

Also, your nancyball soccer players don't have monsters like Julius Peppers bearing down on them.

Peace

Let me put it this way, has tactical football has anithing that american football has but american football does not have what football has in adition, show to me something that american footbal has and football does not, come on put a example up.
And i'll show you that there are none, but in adition I can show to you things that football has and american football does not have.
Well I await u'r explenation.

Every tactic played in american football is posible in football.
I'm going to get you on this one

[edit on 22-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
show to me something that american footbal has and football does not, come on put a example up.
And i'll show you that there are none, but in adition I can show to you things that football has and american football does not have.

Things that American football has that soccer does not:

1) Action
2) Hot dancing babes with straight teeth
3) Violence
4) Drama
5) Fans that don't throw pint glasses or urine/blood bombs
6) Tactics
7) Prestige

Things that soccer has that American football does not:

1) Girls kicking the ball out of bounds to avoid any kind of contact
2) No scoring
3) Better beer

4) Hooligan fans
5) Hours of boredom

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

1) Action

Depends how you see action.
I can show you a player running for a ball that is thought lost or a player
in a dive hiting with his head diveing at the ball.
I can show you power of the shoot, the ball will travel like a misle.

I dont go to dance on the stadium, I dont focus on woman we only focus on the game.

3) Violence

Your hilarius, I can show you violence in the whole stadium game included.

4) Drama

Comapre the croud reaction on bolth games when some one scores.
Minute 90 it's 0-0 and some one scores.
It has been reported that people died from a hart atack from this kind of situation, or just cmpare teh penalty shoot out with a rusian rulete.
this game has more drama than you can ever hope american football will have

There are exeptions it's not every day you see that.

6) Tactics

Again can you coment on this?I dont think you want to elaborate on that
I asked you in my last post to do so but you faild to do it.

7) Prestige

hahahahahaahhaahaha
Prestige?
Take a look how old is original football
Take a look at what the whole planet prefers to play.
Even the mexicans are at it they prefer good old fashon original football(soccer)

I understand some one sucking at a game but takeing it all out on the sport is a nasty thing to do.
Shame on you

[edit on 22-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Come on Doc, hooliganism is the only damn thing in the world us English are best at!

I mean, I certainly don't get involved myself (not that its so prevelent in the domestic game now anyway), but I can certainly see why for some, having a Saturday itinerary that consists of something like; wake up-beer-football-fight-more beer-sleep would consitute a good day out! Besides, thanks to the EU, we can't indulge in our favourite national pastime of waging war with neighbouring countries anymore. So, having a few thugs going abroad to knock the snot out of some locals is the closest we can get now! Lets Johnny Foreigner know we're still a bunch sadistic buggers despite what the government wants them to believe

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No game has got more prestige or class than Cricket its been played in one form or another since 1550.

You Americans should start playing it again, you used to be pretty good too ,the oldest international sporting event in the world ,(50 years before the modern olyimpics) was the USA vs Canada cricket match in 1840.

Its very a civilised and gentlemanly pursuit ah....... that might be a problem,well games can last 5 days and so at least you can milk the commercials it might help bring back some much needed civility to the colonies and this would be a jolly good thing too in my book.

Nothing beats a long lazy summers day politely applauding your heroes in the field whilst nibbling on dainty cucumber sandwiches and sipping pimms in the members enclosure.

"I say, I say Julian well bowled old bean !, jolly good show what"
*polite applause*

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Problem is..

We Americans hardly have time to sleep anymore. Let alone waste 5 days watching a Cricket match. Pepsi.... Keep em coming my man. You brighten my day.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just whilst I'm waiting for the bile to build up again, I bring you:
Mr. David Dunn!

:shk:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Um... who? Errr... WHat? Now thats an athlete!!! He the best Soccer player in the world or something?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It would be too easy to pick on that guy so I won't.

Are you sure that's not David Hasselhoff?

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is still the classic, no matter what you say:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Problem is..

We Americans hardly have time to sleep anymore. Let alone waste 5 days watching a Cricket match. Pepsi.... Keep em coming my man. You brighten my day.

Well, we managed to rule the world well enough until we got bored of it, while still playing cricket, so why cant you now your top dog? too busy pulling on the armour and tights? thinking about the next play? waiting for the commercials to end? watching dancing girls? souzafone band? steroids need time to kick in?

[edit on 22-2-2006 by ridcully]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

1) Action
3) Violence
4) Drama
6) Tactics
7) Prestige

1 - Yes, drops of action. Then 8 minutes of boredom until it continues.
2 - To avoid spectators to fall asleep.
3 - Violence? and that's a good thing? of course your are MEN!!!! Football (soccer) is not a violent game, we don't need to crush our opponents. We preffer just to score more goals than them, that's sport.
4 - Football soccer does not have drama? Hahaha! obviously you know nothing. Remember 1999 Champions league final for example.
sportsillustrated.cnn.com...
5 - Weren't you supposed to be men? And you are afraid of a piss bag? Besides, I went to football millions of times, and that never happened to me.
6 - Again, you know nothing of Football (soccer), you wouldn't say that if you did.
7 - Prestige? yes, only in the USA.

2) No scoring
3) Better beer

4) Hooligan fans
5) Hours of boredom
Peace

1 - I don't know what are you talking about.
2 - Well, there is scoring in Football. As goals are harder to make, they are celebrated much more, they are the result of real skill and dexterity.
Best goal ever
3 - If you say so, I don't drink.
4 - There are no fans like Football (soccer) fans. There's no sport on earth whith so much passion in the stands. check this
video.google.com...
5 - In any case, it would be just an hour and a half only.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

1) Action
3) Violence
4) Drama
6) Tactics
7) Prestige

1 - Yes, drops of action. Then 8 minutes of boredom until it continues.
2 - To avoid spectators to fall asleep.
3 - Violence? and that's a good thing? of course your are MEN!!!! Football (soccer) is not a violent game, we don't need to crush our opponents. We preffer just to score more goals than them, that's sport.
4 - Football soccer does not have drama? Hahaha! obviously you know nothing. Remember 1999 Champions league final for example.
sportsillustrated.cnn.com...
5 - Weren't you supposed to be men? And you are afraid of a piss bag? Besides, I went to football millions of times, and that never happened to me.
6 - Again, you know nothing of Football (soccer), you wouldn't say that if you did.
7 - Prestige? yes, only in the USA.

2) No scoring
3) Better beer

4) Hooligan fans
5) Hours of boredom
Peace

1 - I don't know what are you talking about.
2 - Well, there is scoring in Football. As goals are harder to make, they are celebrated much more, they are the result of real skill and dexterity.
Best goal ever
4 - There are no fans like Football (soccer) fans. There's no sport on earth whith so much passion in the stands. check this
video.google.com...
5 - In any case, it would be just an hour and a half only.

Dont tell them any more they might commit suicide of jelosy

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That's it... All I needed to hear out of that long winded post. I am now going to officially skip over every one of your threads my man. Mr. I don't drink..... You want a cookie?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
Well, we managed to rule the world well enough until we got bored of it, while still playing cricket, so why cant you now your top dog? too busy pulling on the armour and tights? thinking about the next play? waiting for the commercials to end? watching dancing girls? souzafone band? steroids need time to kick in?

Bored of it heh? Perhaps if you played a mans sport you wouldn't get so bored heh? You guys fall asleep at the wheel so to speak? Brain numbed from watching a ball bounce back and forth for three hours and lost track of time? Maybe that's why we kicked your asses back to England way back when? We even made a sport of it... Football. *wink*

Now.. If you will hold on a sec I need to inject some 'roids and get a lap dance.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Now.. If you will hold on a sec I need to inject some 'roids and get a lap dance.

There are places you can go ,people who can help you dont have to be alone you know im reaching out, hands accross the water lostsailor, you know that they shrink your *cough*don't you? have a instead.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo
you know that they shrink your *cough*don't you? have a instead.

Awwwwwwww Crap!!! Is that where they went???

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Its just not worth it im telling you theres no risk to that area in cricket honest....................
:shk:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

That's it... All I needed to hear out of that long winded post. I am now going to officially skip over every one of your threads my man. Mr. I don't drink..... You want a cookie?

I don't drink because I can't, I have a chronic liver disease, so I'll have to reject your cookie too.
Now I understand it. You must be drunk to enjoy an American Football game.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I don't drink because I can't, I have a chronic liver disease, so I'll have to reject your cookie too.
Now I understand it. You must be drunk to enjoy an American Football game.

You win.. I'm an asshole. My bad man... But you have to understand this is a joke thread right? We are all just messing with each other.

Right?

I love sports in general. But I don't consider Soccer a sport!!!

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join