It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Suffice to say that American baseball players are real men because they don't need helmets WITH FACEGUARDS. Those look like the baseball helmets that our little leaguers wear, you know the same little leaguers that are still wearing Pull-Ups.
What's with all the freakin' protection? What, is somebody shooting bullets at them. Our players take a Randy Johnson heater in the small of the back, shake it off and walk to first. Your players look like they're getting ready to raid some freakin' terrorist compound in Iraq.

Peace

Base ball =The ball shall be a sphere formed by yarn wound around a small core of cork, rubber or similar material, covered with two stripes of white horsehide or cowhide, tightly stitched together. It shall weigh not less than five nor more than 5 1/4 ounces avoirdupois and measure not less than nine nor more than 9 1/4 inches in circumference.

Cricket= The ball, when new, shall weigh not less than 5 1/2 ounces/155.9g, nor more than 5 3/4 ounces/163g, and shall measure not less than 8 13/16 in/22.4cm, nor more than 9 in/22.9cm in circumference

virtually the same size although the cricket ball is a little heavier,

but the fastest delivery of a cricket ball was 100.2 mph by shaoib Akhtar of Pakistan,

if you get hit by this on the head you will end up a vegetable or worse your welcome to stand in front of one of theese deliveries but you will have brown trouser moment
especially if he using a technique called a bouncer thus

fast bowlers are so fit could an mlb pitcher bowl consistantlyabove 85mph with good line, length, awareness of field positions for 20 or 30 overs (an over is 6 deliveries)a day some times for 5 consecutive days, the stress is unbeliveable on the knees and and back,arms etc.

this is what happens when you get a cricket ball in the cannister
and he was lucky! thats why they wear face shields and this was only adopted in the 80's and as im aware its not mandatory but if you wear one prepare for the consequences.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
Ha! I would love to see that guy doing the same controlling the ball with his feet, instead of holding it under his arm.

You mean like this?

Peace

NOT FAIR!! You evil, you

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You mean like this?

No, I mean more like this:

or this

You see? they don't just carry the ball under their arms. Skill and dexterity my friend, I hope you don't feel overwhelmed with all this new concepts.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Those morons trying to defend the guy with the ball are obviously lacking in fundamentals, that is why they play soccer. Obviously a coach has never told them about watching the hips. Where the hips go the body goes. It's fundamental to tackling in American football.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You see? they don't just carry the ball under their arms. Skill and dexterity my friend, I hope you don't feel overwhelmed with all this new concepts.

Let's se that soccer player do that while the defender is trying to rip his freaking head off. Lookin' down at the ball like that in hockey will get you killed too. Soccer... Pffft. Needs some contact involved.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Let's se that soccer player do that while the defender is trying to rip his freaking head off. Lookin' down at the ball like that in hockey will get you killed too. Soccer... Pffft. Needs some contact involved.

The ball is the object ot the game
That implicates "get the ball with out using smashing the other player"
Geting the ball with out doing that reqiers alot of skill, that's where you dont understand that we prefere skill over brute force.
Why dont you understand, we have rugby but we prefere football(soccer)
It's the skill tactics and class that we prefere, it's something you may never understand.
Do you think the whole planet exept U.S and Canada are dumb for waching this sport?
You just look at it and see a buch of guys runing back and forward, we see something else, it's the ablility of controling the ball with out holding it in u'r arms.
Because you do not hold it it involves lots of skill, so the ball ca be intercepted but doing it will involve takeing the ball with out holding, grabing any one, "you can have the ball if you have skill"
The object of the game is the ball, you try to get the ball not the player.
It's much easy in american football when you grab the player"he has the ball" but geting only the ball with out the player is another thing.
You may never understand the meaning of the game.

It's just that Europe prefers class over brutality.
This in not only in sports.
Your economy would colapse if it was not for emigrants there.
Your the most untraveld idividuals from the civilised world.
Your nation is about to go in top of the most fat people on the planet.
You invade and ruin things.
70 procent of the high requierd working skills like computer programmers come from Est Europe and India.
You just think like you know"dumb" and prefere action(violence) in our view action is something else it does not relate to violence necesarly.
The only reason U.S is on top right now is because of emigrants(alber enstine was one)and the mountains of gold.

Historry teaches there only crap(columb discoverd america)
U'r education level is low compared to other nations.
If you decide you need to align with the rest of the world and have international competitions on football that is u'r busines.
If you go by "that is just another stupid foreing game" it's okay by me
After all the foreing force of working people are holding the U .S economy up.

Thak Europe United States even exists.
If it were not for us whu knows maybe you would be like cuba today.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by pepsi78]

[edit on 23-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

or this

Beautiful!! That's finesse at it's finest.

I think the main reason why Americans don't get it is because they're generally a 'Gung-Ho' people. Precision is not a priority.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
Do yourselves a favour type football into google.

Which comes up first ? Thats right FIFA's offical site, which stands for Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). I dont see anything about soccer there.

www.google.com...

The NFL site comes first.

The FIFA site is bellow it.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I would love to see that guy doing the same controlling the ball with his feet, instead of holding it under his arm.

I would love to see just a single soccer player have McNabbs combination of size, speed, Athleticism, and agility.

Just one.

Soccer is the most popular sport on the planet. Surely there is a single 6 foot 2 inch guy who weighs 240 pounds that can run a 40 yard dash in under 4.5 seconds and can throw a football close to 80 miles an hour (equal to throwing a baseball over 100 miles an hour).

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And now we start talking about cricket...

I have played cricket here:

At the Merion Cricket Club

Yet again, I'm probably the only guy here who actually has played both sports. Cricket is more or less baseball with more padding. I really don't see the hype you guys want to give it as so much more "scary". I will give you that it is more of a "gentlemens" game then baseball. I don't really care if you have to be "elite" to play it though.

Frankly, baseballs are thrown faster in baseball. We use a round, smaller bat (making it harder to hit). You use a larger playing surface.

They are pretty equal in my mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by Merkeva
Do yourselves a favour type football into google.

Which comes up first ? Thats right FIFA's offical site, which stands for Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). I dont see anything about soccer there.

www.google.com...

That is because the robot of the search engine rotates positions once in a while.
They come up by rotation.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I would love to see that guy doing the same controlling the ball with his feet, instead of holding it under his arm.

I would love to see just a single soccer player have McNabbs combination of size, speed, Athleticism, and agility.

Just one.

Soccer is the most popular sport on the planet. Surely there is a single 6 foot 2 inch guy who weighs 240 pounds that can run a 40 yard dash in under 4.5 seconds and can throw a football close to 80 miles an hour (equal to throwing a baseball over 100 miles an hour).

The power of the kick does not compare with the power of the trow.
This is simple you got more force in u'r leg than in u'r arm.
A 240 guy may gaing speed but in agility he lacs, he is more havy so his start would be harder compared to some one that has a shape of a lower weight.
Agility is very important.
Has for running that depends on the team, this is what you dont understand, you wach couple of games and say what you say.
There are teams that depend on speed, teams that will force (pressing) on you.
Pressing is over wellming the oposite side of the field in the atack direction with pressing, it's risky if they got skilled players they can stike a contra atack.
So pressing means over runing the other side , it's like a invasion and it's based on speed.
Lately english clubs gave up speeding tactics and adopted a more tecnical play.
German teams and nordic teams do base alot of their play on speed& phisical condition.
How ever you you got good skilled players and a good tactic you can out smart them with skills.

There are strategys to play the game there are so many ways you can do it.
It's just up to the coach.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Beautiful!! That's finesse at it's finest.

I think the main reason why Americans don't get it is because they're generally a 'Gung-Ho' people. Precision is not a priority.

Except that for every time a striker actually completes one of these deft moves, he fails another 15 times. Watching Ronaldinho the other day against Chelsea was a prime example. Ronaldinho is supposed to be the best ball handler in the world, and he messed up a good 80 or 90% of the time he tried to do his step overs and what not.

You want finess?

Google "Barry Sanders" videos. That guy is poetry in motion. He's the single most agile human ever to live.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
The power of the kick does not compare with the power of the trow.
This is simple you got more force in u'r leg than in u'r arm.

Funny, because in football, QBs can throw the ball farther then our kickers can kick it.

A 240 guy may gaing speed but in agility he lacs, he is more havy so his start would be harder compared to some one that has a shape of a lower weight.

Dude, I just showed a clip of a 240 pound guy using head fakes and studder steps that would make ANY soccer player trip over themselves.

McNabb has more agillity then most soccer players. Believe me, I watch both sports.

Has for running that depends on the team, this is what you dont understand, you wach couple of games and say what you say.
There are teams that depend on speed, teams that will force (pressing) on you.
Pressing is over wellming the oposite side of the field in the atack direction with pressing, it's risky if they got skilled players they can stike a contra atack.
So pressing means over runing the other side , it's like a invasion and it's based on speed.
Lately english clubs gave up speeding tactics and adopted a more tecnical play.
German teams and nordic teams do base alot of their play on speed& phisical condition.
How ever you you got good skilled players and a good tactic you can out smart them with skills.

There are strategys to play the game there are so many ways you can do it.
It's just up to the coach.

I know all this.

You act like I don't play soccer - I do. I played soccer longer then I played football!

Here's the thing...

I am comparing the quality of athletes. Soccer players are generally very fast, and have good change of direction abillity and good endurance.

Football players are generally very fast, very big, very strong, have good change of directional abillity, and have high endurance.

You see? Football players - as athletes - equal soccer players strengths. Soccer players do not in any way shape or form equal football players strengths.

If you made up a brand new sport, football players would be better at it.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
And where in the heck did this come from? :

It's just that Europe prefers class over brutality.
This in not only in sports.
Your economy would colapse if it was not for emigrants there.
Your the most untraveld idividuals from the civilised world.
Your nation is about to go in top of the most fat people on the planet.
You invade and ruin things.
70 procent of the high requierd working skills like computer programmers come from Est Europe and India.
You just think like you know"dumb" and prefere action(violence) in our view action is something else it does not relate to violence necesarly.
The only reason U.S is on top right now is because of emigrants(alber enstine was one)and the mountains of gold.

Historry teaches there only crap(columb discoverd america)
U'r education level is low compared to other nations.
If you decide you need to align with the rest of the world and have international competitions on football that is u'r busines.
If you go by "that is just another stupid foreing game" it's okay by me
After all the foreing force of working people are holding the U .S economy up.

Thak Europe United States even exists.
If it were not for us whu knows maybe you would be like cuba today.

Talk about ignorant...

Our economy would collapse if not for immegrents? Yeah, I'd say so, since we are ALL immigrents here. That is the nature of our country.

Most untraveled people? I have been to almost ever country in Europe, Mexico, Canada, nearly every state in the US, Argentina, the BVAs...

Hell, going to every state in the US is more traveling then the Average European does. Our country alone is bigger then Europe. You are ignorant if you think that Americans don't travel. The difference is that if you are not wealthy, Americans generally travel to other states in the US, or go to Mexico/Canada. It's the same as Europeans driving 3 hours to go to another country.

Then you say we are fat... Our elderly people are, but our youth and middle aged are not. Having been all over Europe, I can say that I'll take American girls over Europeans any day. We have better looking girls, frankly.

We invade and ruin things? Yeah, we bail people out of their own problems, and take care of business when we have to.

70% of our "high working skills" come from India?
You are dellusional! Have you ever even been to the States? The only time I have ever worked with a non American is when I was working in M&A with my dads company and we went over to Europe to brocker some deals.

I'm not going to go on, because you obviously disslike America and envy how succesfull we are.

I feel bad for you and the ghastly amounts of ignorant drivle you believe.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

www.google.com...

Ouch... I think someone just got BURNED!!!

Pepsi,

Noticed I made no mention of football? I was talking about hockey there my longwinded post friend.

You see... Ice Hockey is another sport I would watch before Soccer... After Ice Hockey I would rather watch baseball... After baseball... Curling... After Curling... Synchronized swimming... After about 40 other sports I would maybe, possibly, consider Soccer. But only after a 6 pack and an enema.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Talk about ignorant...

Our economy would collapse if not for immegrents? Yeah, I'd say so, since we are ALL immigrents here. That is the nature of our country.

No you have becomed something diferent.
Dont tell me that you feel like an emigrant in u'r own country.
It's the food, feet , inch sports etc.
There is a dierence betwen the emigrant and the tipical american.

Most untraveled people? I have been to almost ever country in Europe, Mexico, Canada, nearly every state in the US, Argentina, the BVAs...

Statistics dont lie, it's just statistics, you are just one from milions over there.

Then you say we are fat... Our elderly people are, but our youth and middle aged are not. Having been all over Europe, I can say that I'll take American girls over Europeans any day. We have better looking girls, frankly.

Again you talk for your self.
The statistics say diferent.
www.winltdusa.com...

• 58 Million Overweight; 40 Million Obese; 3 Million morbidly Obese
• Eight out of 10 over 25's Overweight
• 78% of American's not meeting basic activity level recommendations
• 25% completely Sedentary
• 76% increase in Type II diabetes in adults 30-40 yrs old since 1990

We invade and ruin things? Yeah, we bail people out of their own problems, and take care of business when we have to.

Yea u'r right I can not hold one nation acountable for one idiotic person.
Guess he messes the U.S image really bad, from bad to worse, maybe he is doing it intetionaly.

70% of our "high working skills" come from India?
You are dellusional! Have you ever even been to the States? The only time I have ever worked with a non American is when I was working in M&A with my dads company and we went over to Europe to brocker some deals.

All your important scietists came from europe.
Tesla, Ensitine and the list go's on.
Trust me when I say that math and equations are not u'r favorite skill.
Most of the people that work in the IT industry there are europians and Indians.
Indians usualy are web programmers working on the web platform while europians usualy work in the aplication platform industry C++ visual basic etc.
Take Microsoft , while the staff is american, the programmers originate usualy from out side of U.S
I'm telling you this because i have worked in the IT industry has a network administrator.
I know the stakes and how things go around.

I'm not going to go on, because you obviously disslike America and envy how succesfull we are.

I feel bad for you and the ghastly amounts of ignorant drivle you believe.

Rong again.
I grew up in united states.
My wife is american.
I know the truth hurts some times, I dont hate americans but I do see them funny from the rest of the world.
Food, metric sistem, sports .......etc
All I want is to see america align with the rest of the world.
Just look at the thread who is bashing who?
You hold us agaist 1 sport, we like it and it's always going to be like this.
I dont understand you hate the planet for playing a sport that you dont think it's the best for you?
If you can see the title of the thread "bashing soccer" it sort of sounds like that.
We have rugby, if we wanted to give it a chance we would have done so a long time ago.
We are just diferent in tastes, america is just diferent from the world.
MAybe it's time for america to align with the rest of the world(only if you want to)and not for the rest of the world to align with america.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't know and I don't care what you are discussing now.

Call me when we come back to Football Vs American Football

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Read this link Mathematics proves that Football is better than American"football"
www.forbes.com...

Or at least more exiting any way!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I don't know and I don't care what you are discussing now.

Call me when we come back to Football Vs American Football

You missed it mate - we agreed footie was a proper game and AF is just silly overblown clowning with a ball. All the Americans agreed and have said they'll ditch the gridiron and start watching proper sport instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join