It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I'd say 49ers fans are the tea-sippers of (real) football fandom, not nearly berserk enough for all you soccer hooligans. Maybe you should switch to the Raiders, just on the other side of the bay.

I actually had a Raiders top as a child....when I was too young to realize they were trying to take the sacred name of our great sport!! I was defiled without knowledge, no wonder I have such a foul taste in my mouth when it comes to NFL

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well im not about to read 300 posts so im diving in at the end with my 2 cents.

Football is called football for a reason... foot-----ball ;-) you see? you kick it with your foot..

You call UK football soccar.... but nobody in england calls it soccar.... unless maybe they are pensioners ;-)

Seeing as we kick it with our foot... and you guys beat people up ;-) it would make more sense if american football was called soccar!? (as in you can 'sock someone in the jaw' terminology... as americans would say?) im just plain confused ;-) jk

English football is so boring yeah compared to american football... but the whole of england is boring compared to USA aswel?

So... i cant stand either game its all over rated.. you know the best thing about american football? CHEERLEADERS ... thats it ;-)

And another thing.. we have the same game you have here its just called RUGBY... its dead boring again in comparison... but at least our guys dont wear ANY protection at all... no helmet, no shoulder pads, shin pads... etc..

But then again...... no cheerleaders :shk:

so boy... im with you guys in the states still ! go cheerleaders haha.

lol

[edit on 083131p://15018 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Rugby is completely different to American Football. "Soccer" isn't as boring as you make it out to be, neither is rugby. A sport is a sport, this thread is like comparing swimming to tennis. American Football and English Football are completely different sports. A name is a name, who really gives a **** what it's called?

In response to the cheerleaders:

When I saw Sheffield Wednesday Vs Liverpool aaaages ago, there was a streaker (FEMALE!). I'd rather see a very good looking women run round naked than a bunch of girls who think they're "it" waving some pom-poms around.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Chillout man some of us are joking n havin a laugh.. ok well i am, and your right about them being different games i just didnt bother saying it.

Give me cheerleaders anyday to a boring streaker, how old are you 90? you rather see women naked thats up to you... but not in football.

lol.

Oh but by the way your right again about it not bein as boring as i make out... all i mean is compared to USA games its not as exciting....... to some of us, not as bright... loud.... yknow... all is bigger in the states is all i mean.

no disrespect fella.

[edit on 093131p://43019 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am chilled-out. Im seventeen (eighteen on June 1st... don't forget.
)...

Give me cheerleaders anyday to a boring streaker, how old are you 90? you rather see women naked thats up to you... but not in football.

I guess it's the teenage hormones.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
sorry i was re-editing as u replied ;-) 17 i cant believe you dont like cheerleaders bro. lol.

RESPECT to you anyways.

[edit on 093131p://47019 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say "no" (
) but I guess its just a matter of personal preference.

There's a very thin line between preferring a streaker and cheerleaders in my mind.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
okay well il leave this cause im ruining the guys thread now the subject is football not cheerkeaders, strippers n lapdancers etc ;-) hehe.. lol

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Lost Sailor.

Should have made more of an effort to keep him then. Bet you still wish Matt Hasselbach was still there too, what with Farve possibly retiring and all.

Seattle over Carolina 24-17. Pittsburgh over Denver 17-14.

Just in keeping with this thread. Having played both, and the bad knees to prove it, both have their good points and their bad. I never did like all the standing around that goes on between plays in football. Lets get the play and go, dammit. In soccer it was silly diving that goes on even at the level at which I played last (U-19 select here in the states), and the writhing in mortal agony that goes on until the whistle blows then its a bloody miracle he's actually alive. That always ticked me off.

All in all, I enjoy both. Sorry, I can't take sides, save to say: Arsenal rules, all others drool. Go Seahawks.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
In response to the cheerleaders:

When I saw Sheffield Wednesday Vs Liverpool aaaages ago, there was a streaker (FEMALE!). I'd rather see a very good looking women run round naked than a bunch of girls who think they're "it" waving some pom-poms around.

Our NFL cheerleaders go the extra mile.

Two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders who witnesses told police were having sex with each other in a bathroom stall at a Tampa, Fla., nightclub were arrested and charged early Sunday following a run-in with patrons and police.

Link: sports.espn.go.com...

When I first heard this story I thought they were having sex with guys in the bathroom stall. I later come to find out it was with each other. I for one am willing to forgive and forget.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have to hand it to Dr. Love.....that's pretty tough to beat

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The new name of the Houston Major League Soccer team is, get this
, the Houston 1836!!

What the hell kind of retarded name is that? They just killed the franchise and they have yet to play a game. I was going to give this sport and this team a chance but all bets are off now.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The new name of the Houston Major League Soccer team is, get this
, the Houston 1836!!

What the hell kind of retarded name is that? They just killed the franchise and they have yet to play a game. I was going to give this sport and this team a chance but all bets are off now.

Peace

Well, Id guess it could be because its either; the combined weight of the team, the maximum number of spectators they expect to get, or the price of the best tickets! its probebly got an historical significance but you'd know better than I Doc.

But your right, it does sound retarted! Whats wrong with Houston City? Or Houston United? Houston Harriers sounds quite good to me (but im A retard too!), Houston Hornets even if you HAVE to have a 'catchy' sounding name. Damn, if anyone supports them, theyre gonna have a hell of a time coming up with words that rhyme for the chants!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think the year 1836 was when Texas won it's independence from Mexico. What the hell that has to do with soccer is beyond me!!!!!!

The people that decided on the name must have been :w: and

You're right about one thing though ridcully, 1836 could end up being the maximum amount of spectators they ever see at a game.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
LMAO.

Sounds like a 4.30AM kinda job..

"Any suggestions...?"

*takes joint out of mouth*
"Ahh, **** it! 1836!"
"Yeah... good call. Cause thats,like, er, when, like, er, Jesus was born... innit!"

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ever wondered why we call Football the " beautiful " game?
Heres why.

Link

Skills like these arnt learnt, they are a gift from the gods.
Enjoy

And of course there is the darker side to football too.

Link

Ouch!

And all good footballers learn their trade on the street or in the park with their mates, this guy really is very good.

Link

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Nice post janus... Still a bit boring for my taste though. Maybe this video will finally explain why "football" players where their sissy "armor."
video.google.com...

and.....
video.google.com...

[edit on 25-1-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can see the attraction, i really can. Its just too disjointed for me. All that stopping and starting just ruins it for me. Now if they made NFL 90 mins long with a 15 mins break with less huddles etc i could really get into it.
Some big tackles there, nice choice of music too

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Man, I never get bored of seeing one of Roberto Carlos' freekicks. They're a thing of beauty. 'nuff said.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Man, I never get bored of seeing one of Roberto Carlos' freekicks. They're a thing of beauty. 'nuff said.

Even if only one in every 200 goes in.

Don't worry though, I think I know what you're talking about, and here is a link to it.

[edit on 25/1/06 by Implosion]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join