It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is supposed to be a joke thread. I don't want any of you Ozzies or Europeans to really think that I don't respect soccer as a sport. I am a sports fan through and through, and as such respect all athletes for their talents. It's just fun to poke fun here and there and get a few laughs.

I do find watching soccer on T.V. to be a bit of a bore. But then again I have a hard time watching baseball on T.V. too. There is a difference between watching baseball on the T.V. and actually being there in the stadium though. As such, I would bet that soccer is probably the same.

D

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Don't worry, I know I'm not taking the thread seriously. For me, the level of excitement/boredom in a football (soccer) match can often depend on the league or country playing. The South American leagues and their national teams are amazing to watch, same with the Italian and Spanish leagues. The English league is always dependable for some good action. As for Germany, they're probably the most boring league. This goes for their national team as well. It's not like they're bad, they just play perfect textbook football and thats just boring.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Brazil kick ass. I dont reckon theres enough American footy on Australian TV. I'd like to watch it a bit more in fact.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Notice how Mr. tough guy picks the puniest guy on the field for nut-grabbin'.

I could reel off a ton of NFL players that would break this guy in half like a twig if he ever tried that on them.

Former 49er and Raider Kevin Gogan made your boy Vinny look like a lighweight when it came to dirty play.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I could reel off a ton of NFL players that would break this guy in half like a twig if he ever tried that on them.

Former 49er and Raider Kevin Gogan made your boy Vinny look like a lighweight when it came to dirty play.

Peace

Yep, after which he would sit down for 10 minutes, pop a few more steroids and listen to his coaches latest pearl of wisdom, which would be something like;

"see that fat dude over there? knock him down, got that ya dumb bugger?"
"ermm, duhh, ok boss. Then can I have a burger?"
"Yeah ok then, you can have a burger, as long as you keep your knuckles off the ground until the game ends in four hours"

"ok goody I like burgers boss, HUT 1! HUT 2! HUT...1 plus 2! HUT...erm.....LOTS"

[edit on 16-1-2006 by ridcully]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Peace

That was one of Vinnie's nicer moments. That's considered a nice way for him to say hello to some one. That man was flipping insane.

Pure muscle too, no steroids like our NFL guys. Pretty smart man too.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

LMFAOBT!!!!!
That kid cracks me up everytime I see him!

I think you guys would be surprised how many soccer players are juicing but just haven't been caught yet. I'm not even sure if steroid testing is mandatory for FIFA. Really, I wouldn't see the reason for a soccer player to juice up anyways. What.............will it help him become a more devastating tripper?

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure that FIFA doesn't make it mandatory, but the respective continental groups (EUFA etc) make it mandatory to stay in FIFA.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think you guys would be surprised how many soccer players are juicing but just haven't been caught yet. I'm not even sure if steroid testing is mandatory for FIFA. Really, I wouldn't see the reason for a soccer player to juice up anyways. What.............will it help him become a more devastating tripper?

Peace

I don't know about FIFA, but yes, certainly UEFA have very strict anti-drug policies. Thats for all banned drugs, performance and illegal. Rio Ferdinand got a 6 month ban for missing his test! 6 months just for missing the test! Then again, plays for Man Utd, and as such, deserves it! ha! wankers the lot of 'em

BTW, any UK members who might be interested, theres a programme on Sky One tonight at 22.00 called 'Beyond The NFL' with Martin Johnson and David 'Donkey' James. I may well give it a look as it follows straight on from the pant wettingly good Battlestar Gallactica

D

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Then again, plays for Man Utd, and as such, deserves it! ha! wankers the lot of 'em

BTW, any UK members who might be interested, theres a programme on Sky One tonight at 22.00 called 'Beyond The NFL' with Martin Johnson and David 'Donkey' James. I may well give it a look as it follows straight on from the pant wettingly good Battlestar Gallactica

So true that comment on Man U. Nothing brings me more joy than to see Man City beat Man Utd.

And I think i'd be wetting my pants as well if Battlestar Galactica was on.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

BTW, any UK members who might be interested, theres a programme on Sky One tonight at 22.00 called 'Beyond The NFL' with Martin Johnson and David 'Donkey' James.

So what was the show about? Were they cracking on the NFL or what? Were they crying that there wasn't enough tripping and too much violence in the NFL?

Peace

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

BTW, any UK members who might be interested, theres a programme on Sky One tonight at 22.00 called 'Beyond The NFL' with Martin Johnson and David 'Donkey' James.

So what was the show about? Were they cracking on the NFL or what? Were they crying that there wasn't enough tripping and too much violence in the NFL?

Peace

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Dr Love]

I didn't watch it Doc to be honest. I was out on the time, it started at 11 not 10, bit too late for me with work the next day. Id expect itll be repeated though, ill try and watch it then. I did catch a trailer for it, and they were banging on about steroid abuse and OTT team names I think, dunno why. Something like that anyway

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by D

So true that comment on Man U. Nothing brings me more joy than to see Man City beat Man Utd.

HEY HEY HEY

If we lose to Burton tonight, you can mock and spit all you like, and I'll have no choice but to accept it.

But thats not going to happen, so show us some respect...Or I'll be getting on my "hotline to heaven" and having the Spirit of George Best visit you and dish out some will timed free kicks to the soul.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Any West Brom Fans out there? As predicted, Reading won....Only lost 2 games this season and one of them was to Arsenal

2-0 up at half time, then lose 3-2....

LITA!!!!

Next we will butcher Birmingham!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
American football = Grid Iron
Soccer = Soccer
Australian Rules Football = Aussie Rules Football
Rugby = Rugby (no feet involved at all)

there is no real form of football that can lay claim to the title 'football'.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
There is a use of feet involved in rugby.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Any West Brom Fans out there? As predicted, Reading won....Only lost 2 games this season and one of them was to Arsenal

2-0 up at half time, then lose 3-2....

LITA!!!!

Next we will butcher Birmingham!

Ten senior players out. TEN of them, through injury, suspension and African Cup. We had to put academy players out its no wonder we lost. Ask any Albion fan, survival is more important than a cup, you'll find that one out soon enough. Enjoy the rest of the season in the panda pops league, its completely different in the Premiership, even though we BEAT Arsenal. I was at the first leg at the Hawthorns. We played absolutely terribley, but Reading weren't no great shakes I promise you.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

Originally posted by D

HEY HEY HEY

If we lose to Burton tonight, you can mock and spit all you like, and I'll have no choice but to accept it.

But thats not going to happen, so show us some respect...Or I'll be getting on my "hotline to heaven" and having the Spirit of George Best visit you and dish out some will timed free kicks to the soul.

Why should 'we' show 'you' mancs respect? Some of us have genuine reason for thinking manc utd are wankers. And we can get on a normal phone to most of our recent heroes, cos, you know, they haven't drunk themselves to death

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Why should 'we' show 'you' mancs respect? Some of us have genuine reason for thinking manc utd are wankers. And we can get on a normal phone to most of our recent heroes, cos, you know, they haven't drunk themselves to death

Recent Heros? I'm quite sure Cantona, Bruce, Pallister, Ince, Robson, Giggs, Scholes, Van Nistleroy, Rooney, Ronaldo, Solksjaer, Keane, Schmeichel etc. etc. are still alive.

Also, West Brom? You don't even play Earnshaw, and he's your best damn player! No hope there.....

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
You was the one who mentioned the old soak bestie. And earnshaw? no he isnt, that why hes transfer listed. And like man u have never sold one of their best, but out of favour players is it? *cough*Beckham*cough*

BTW, are there a lot of people from Manchester moved to Wales like you? Must be a bitch getting to home games what with all the other 'mancs' travelling up from the south to see their team play at 'home'

[edit on 19-1-2006 by ridcully]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join