It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah that Carlos Free kick probably defied the laws of pysics lol

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
American football fans don't dress as funny as soccer fans.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Sven

I'm gonna miss this guy. I mean, I know he's not the best, but he's far from the worst, and I for one, will never, ever forget:

Gotta respect the guy for that at least, and if you need more reason, he looks:

and he beds:

Ahhh Sven, I'm gonna miss ya

[edit on 26/1/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
yeah the 5-1 drubbing of the Germans is a day that will live in my memory for ever, best England manager we have had in a long while. Wonder who's sitting in the hotseat next?

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
yeah the 5-1 drubbing of the Germans is a day that will live in my memory for ever, best England manager we have had in a long while. Wonder who's sitting in the hotseat next?

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Janus]

Well, I know it's cliched now that everyones having their "guess", but I'd go for either Allardyce or Hiddink. Allardyce has got the players respect, has a good tactical knowledge and is English, which is always a start

But Hiddink wants the job too, and he's not a bad manager by a long shot....he could do a great job for England IMO.

There's also Curbishley, but I don't think he's quite ready for the Step Up.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Personaly id like to see someone like Allardyce in charge, but i wont rule out a foreign coach now that the barrier has been broken down by Sven. Cant see McClaren getting the job, not after the trouble he has been having with Middlesborough. Who ever gets the job will have some big shoes to fill.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
God I hope it's not Sam Allardyce. Not only does he have one of the ugliest teams in the Premiership, but it turns out he's a sensitive little flower on the inside, refusing to talk to BBC 5Live after Bolton's tactics came under criticism from Alan Green. He wouldn't last two seconds in charge of England. Who does he think he is anyway? Alex Ferguson?

Alan Curbishley? Give me a break. Who the hell are Charlton anyway? Same goes for Steve McClaren. The thing that ties these three managers together is a complete lack of experience in European competition as manager. They have never had top class players at the peak of their powers in their charge, and they have never been tested in a competitive fixture against any of the best continental sides.

For me, out of the early front runners. It's just got to be Gus. I still remember laughing my ass off as his South Korea dumped the "Mighty" Italy out of WC02 on their ass.

Downside? He's not English. However, I for one would forgive him being Dutch if he won us something shiny.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Allardyce might not have the experience, but I disagree about his team, they are far from a "messy outfit". He is one of the best English managers today IMO, far better than Stuart Pearce and McClaren, he just needs his chance. I mean, how many chances did you give Sven? And all he's paid back so far is some good results scattered amongst a legacy of dissapointment and semi-scandals.

But I agree, Hiddink would be even better, if the press can forgive another "non-english" manager. He would certianly know how to handle "top flight" pressure, and I think the players would respect him a lot more than another Sven, like McClaren.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Whats ticked me off is all this happening so close to the World Cup. Couldnt Sven have kept his hands in his pockets until after the tourny for Gods sake?
It goes to show where his priorities lay, in his wallet.
What the bloody hell was he thinking?
I would have Sam mainly because he's English and the best English manager that we have, perhaps the job means more to an Englishman than to a foreigner.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Allardyce might not have the experience, but I disagree about his team, they are far from a "messy outfit".

He has an ugly team. I mean by this, they play ugly, defensive, cynical. Come on, who would you rather watch? Bolton or West Ham?

Originally posted by Janus
Whats ticked me off is all this happening so close to the World Cup. Couldnt Sven have kept his hands in his pockets until after the tourny for Gods sake?

Sven in my eyes is the innocent party here. At worst he was just an idiot. This is a clear cut example of the English tabloid press inventing their own stories, and furthering their own agenda. Laying a sting on the England manager in a world cup year? What in Gods name are these monkeys thinking? Whats wrong with the Brazil manager? Or the German manager? or the Dutch manager? It is totally unbelievable, and uniquely English.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

He has an ugly team. I mean by this, they play ugly, defensive, cynical. Come on, who would you rather watch? Bolton or West Ham?

I disagree, I think Bolton play a decent game, I'd rather watch Bolton than Fulham, Everton, Charlton, Blackburn etc.

West Ham are looking good at the moment, it's good to have them back in the Premiership, but I don't rate them higher than Bolton, in terms of quality of play or ability.

Bugger it, just give the job to Hiddink, all the English managers are going to be affected by the press anyway so we might as well cut to the chase and avoid the media circus somewhat.

As for Sven, he's just an idiot....he's an average manager, with too much of a taste for the limelight. He's just too unpredictable and generally "silly" to get on with things, and his decision making is more often than not considerably poor. Add to that his over-adoration for Mr. Beckham, which causes him to be blind to any mistakes or dips in form. Plus, every second longer he spends in this country, he's a seocnd closer to bedding your wife

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Man, I never get bored of seeing one of Roberto Carlos' freekicks. They're a thing of beauty. 'nuff said.

Look, I don't know who Roberto Carlos is, hell, I don't even know what a free kick is, the real question here is can Roberto Carlos put it through the uprights from 45 yards with no time left on the clock with the Super Bowl on the line?

After seeing that I might have to give soccer coaches scoreboard on bedding women, even when the coach looks like your average customer at any 24 hour news stand/adult book store.

Peace

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Listen pal....

If you look:

and bed:

Then in my book, you're doing something right. He's probably coming at them from the "sensitive" angle, but nevermind, he's doing something right...

You don't know who Roberto Carlos is ?!?

I feel so bad for a HUGEEE block of this rocks population if they live in ighnorance of such a great player, nay, institution, as Roberto Carlos.

Come on Dr. Love. There is still time, join us in the sun.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Now I know why I don't really like playing soccer all that well. That is because I can't use my damn hands to hit the damn ball! I guess I'll just stick to Formula 1 then. Vive Renault! Viva Flavio!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Another question I have is what does a soccer coach coach? Is it his job to make sure that they kick the ball in the right direction?
Does he yell out things like "You're going the wrong way dummy!"? Is it the coaches job to keep his goalkeeper entertained with hand puppets during the 30 minutes of downtime between each shot on goal?

What does a soccer coach do?

Peace

Note to Implosion: Just for the record the only soccer players I've ever heard of are: Pele, Beckham, Adu, and Maradona. Not only that, I thought they all played on the same team.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr LoveNote to Implosion: Just for the record the only soccer players I've ever heard of are: Pele, Beckham, Adu, and Maradona.[edit on 26-1-2006 by Dr Love]

Adu? What is this Adu you speak of?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Freddy Adu is the second coming of Pele, and the best soccer player in the world of course!

You guys in the rest of the world need to open your eyes and realize the greatness that is Adu! He will put any other soccer player in the world to shame in case you didn't know.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A response to that ugly old dude thats sleeping with the hot blonde chick...

You don't need an angle if you have money.

You don't really buy that thing women say about "it's what's on the inside that matters" right?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
You don't really buy that thing women say about "it's what's on the inside that matters" right?
awwww, c'mon. Don't be such a cynic, it is whats on the inside that counts.

The inside of the wallet.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
First came the second coming of Jesus, now, witness the second coming of God:

Manchester City striker Robbie Fowler has made a surprise return to former club Liverpool on a free transfer.
The 30-year-old striker, who has joined Liverpool for the rest of the season, made his debut for the Reds as an 18-year-old in 1993.

He scored a total of 171 goals in 330 games for the Anfield side.

Source.

I'm not a Liverpool supporter, but it's great to see Robbie [a true living legend] back at his spiritual home.

All the best Robbie!

[edit on 27/1/06 by Implosion]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join