It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

BTW, are there a lot of people from Manchester moved to Wales like you? Must be a bitch getting to home games what with all the other 'mancs' travelling up from the south to see their team play at 'home'

[edit on 19-1-2006 by ridcully]

No, but believe it or not, I'm pretty sure there are West Brom fans, as well as Arsenal, and Manchester City, and Everton fans all over Wales. Because, obviously, to support a team, it is not a requirement to be living in the town or city of that team. Isn't it great! There's a difference between "Glory Hunter" and "Good Football Hunter" - the former would have switched to Chelsea at the first hint of their success, the latter is happy to not win trophys (Well, not happy...but not gutted) as long as the football remains good and the team entertains.

In order for EVERY fan to travel to any Premiership teams Home game, the stadiums would need to be the size of small villages....not entirely possible, eh?

And poor West Brom, desperately tried to cling on to Richardson, one of our "fringe" players...but even he's too good for you! Get back down to the Championship were ya belong, so Cardiff can give you a thrashing :w:

P.S. Cardiff said thanks for Koumas, thanks for letting another of your best players leave

[edit on 19-1-2006 by chebob]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
How can you guys talk about soccer at a time like this? We got Denver vs. Pittsburgh and Seattle vs. Carolina this weekend.

You will assimilate or else!

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
How can you guys talk about soccer at a time like this?

I have never talked about Soccer in my life. I speak only of the great and mighty FOOTBALL

Like the hilarious Budweiser Advert advises "You (The Brits) do the Football, We'll (USA) do the Beer.".....

Except, we'll do the beer too

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

How can you guys talk about soccer at a time like this? We got Denver vs. Pittsburgh and Seattle vs. Carolina this weekend.

Peace

No kidding... Let's bring some class back to this thread doc. I think Seattle can get through Carolina's D and come away with a win. I'd like to hear what you think about the Denver Pitt game though.

All in all I hope someone beats Seattle, ever since Holmgren left Green Bay I've despised the man and don't want to see him win another Super Bowl. I'm evil.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
LostSailor

I think Pittsburgh is going to win the Super Bowl. I think it's destiny, especially since Roethlisberger made that season saving tackle at the end of the Indy game. Also, Vanderjagt NEVER misses. I could get really technical about the game but I don't see a need to. It's all about destiny.

It's all about turnovers in the Seattle/Carolina game. I love a wet ball.
Seattle wins in a nail biter.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
All about Turnovers you say?

Turnovers

And you called our game girly? Pah!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
There's a difference between "Glory Hunter" and "Good Football Hunter" - the former would have switched to Chelsea at the first hint of their success, the latter is happy to not win trophys (Well, not happy...but not gutted) as long as the football remains good and the team entertains.

Yeah right, you just keep on telling yourself that, sooner or later you might get someone else to believe it. What wrong with TNS in that case? They play Champions League don't they? Did about as well as man u this season. Surely thats entertaining enough? Or was it just easier to decide on supporting man u because theyre one of the best teams in the world?

And poor West Brom, desperately tried to cling on to Richardson, one of our "fringe" players...but even he's too good for you! Get back down to the Championship were ya belong, so Cardiff can give you a thrashing :w:

P.S. Cardiff said thanks for Koumas, thanks for letting another of your best players leave

[edit on 19-1-2006 by chebob]

See now, you scoff, look down your nose, take the piss out of Albion and all the other smaller clubs while having an easy time of it supporting man u, and then you chuck your dolls out the pram because you don't get given 'respect'? Nah, Ill keep my respect for those whose clubs were chosen for reasons other than wanting the football equivalent of a penis extension. Those who know football is much more than choosing a team because they're glamourous, or win everything, or have the best players (paid for by ripping off the supporters with 3 or 4 new strips a season in your teams case). The real fans

p.s. the bank just called, another interest payments due on the 800,000,000 you owe them

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

All about Turnovers you say?

Turnovers

I was wondering when we would stumble upon the inclusion of pastry products in wankball. It's all about the gut.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

LostSailor

I think Pittsburgh is going to win the Super Bowl. I think it's destiny, especially since Roethlisberger made that season saving tackle at the end of the Indy game. Also, Vanderjagt NEVER misses. I could get really technical about the game but I don't see a need to. It's all about destiny.

It's all about turnovers in the Seattle/Carolina game. I love a wet ball.
Seattle wins in a nail biter.

Peace

you sir.. are now one of my new favorite posters on ATS

I really hope they do, not just because I am from Pittsburgh an am a Steelers fan, but because Bettis is probably the nicest most giving football player you will ever meet. Would be great to see him win one in his hometown of Detroit, then retire to Canton.

Even if i was a fan of someone else, i would be pulling for pittsburgh just for him. My friends and I have seen him and Hines Ward out at the bars/clubs a few times, and they both are always super nice.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Whats wrong with TNS?? FOr a start, they are called Total Network Solutions. If any other reason is needed, the World has gone mad.

Wales is a very small country, it is therefore logical that our football teams are not going to be playing football of the quality seen in the Premiership. Until Cardiff manage to do the decent thing, there will be no Welsh team in the Premiership. The Premiership is, IMO, the best League in the world, with the most exciting matches and the best quality football. You may wish to disagree, but that doesn't matter. I like watching the Premiership, and I have chosen to support a team in it. Would it be somehow different if I had chosen Charlton, for the sole sake of "Not supporting a succesful club"? Why would someone do that, apart from wanting to feel elitist and somehow more "real" a fan for choosing to ignore quality over good old fahsioned "Middle tabledom".

I actually respect West Brom, they are one of the better teams to have come up recently, if they could only hold onto the better players they'd be great (Earnshaw, Koumas....they need more Welsh
)

I didn't really want any respect for Man United, I just saw the "Anti Man U" sentiments and knew nobody else would defend them, because of their "heinous" image to the rest of the premiership. You can label every Manchester United supporter in the World with what you like, but we support a football team for the same reaosns as everyone else - to enjoy football.

And I'm sure if Chelsea continue their dominance, or win the amazing Treble, their fans will come in for much of the same. It's the price to pay for success I suppose, envy.

Stop taking things so seriously, at least you've got a chance of staying up - if you supported Sunderland you'd have serious reasons to cry

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have to agree with you two. I hope Pittsburgh takes it all. It's been a long time for them and they are a class act team. As a Packer fan from Wisconsin I love history and classy players. Gonna pull for the Steelers and hope they can pull it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I have to agree with you two. I hope Pittsburgh takes it all. It's been a long time for them and they are a class act team. As a Packer fan from Wisconsin I love history and classy players. Gonna pull for the Steelers and hope they can pull it out.

Pffft, not enough Rivalry in this sport....it's all ass patting and compliments! You should be throwing bags of e-urine at each other and declaring your team the Shiznit while demeaning the quality of your rivals.

This is Sport Dammit, not a Tea Party!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Pffft, not enough Rivalry in this sport....it's all ass patting and compliments! You should be throwing bags of e-urine at each other and declaring your team the Shiznit while demeaning the quality of your rivals.

Sorry we have a bit more class here in the States man.

If my team was still in the running for the Super Bowl I wouldn;t be ass patting or complimenting the Steelers. But, my team has been out of it since about week 1 of the season so I'll root for the team I respect. That's the Steelers.

Not enough rivalry? Ever hear of the Packers vs. Bears? Steelers vs. Eagles? Browns vs. Bengals? Redskins vs. Cowboys? etc. etc.

Go back to watching your pansy, triptastic, nut stroking sissyball... errrr... soccer.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

nut stroking sissyball...

We aren't the ones using our hands to control our balls

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

...You should be throwing bags of e-urine at each other and declaring your team the Shiznit while demeaning the quality of your rivals.

I'd love to but I'm a Texans fan. I don't really have a leg to stand on. We've got our new coach and we have the greatest college running back in decades, Reggie Bush, waiting in the wings (I'm assuming they'll draft him #1).

As far as the Steelers go, they used to be a hated team here in Houston when they were in the same division as the Oilers, but now they're not so everyone here has calmed down about them somewhat, although I'm sure that there are still some here that hate the Steelers with a passion.

Like I've said before, that's what makes American footbal fans the best. We don't lob bags of blood and urine at rival fans and we don't trample other fans to death trying to get on the field so we can get on the field to murder a ref. That's not sportsmanship.

We did once pelt all the players, refs, and coaches with glass beer bottles at a Giants game, but that was one of our few transgressions. They solved that problem by serving beer in plastic bottles.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

As far as the Steelers go, they used to be a hated team here in Houston when they were in the same division as the Oilers, but now they're not so everyone here has calmed down about them somewhat, although I'm sure that there are still some here that hate the Steelers with a passion.

Peace

hah the houston oilers!!!

Warren Moon and Earl Campbell FTW

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hmm, they would be good points, were it not true that "urine bags" and violence towards Refs is more myth than reality. I swear!

On the few occasions I've entertained the notion of watching or, er, "electronically playing" NFL, I have been drawn to supporting the 49'ers. But I don't know much about them... Don't tell me, they are hated, scum, the worst in the league or all of the above, it would be my luck

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Hmm, they would be good points, were it not true that "urine bags" and violence towards Refs is more myth than reality. I swear!

On the few occasions I've entertained the notion of watching or, er, "electronically playing" NFL, I have been drawn to supporting the 49'ers. But I don't know much about them... Don't tell me, they are hated, scum, the worst in the league or all of the above, it would be my luck

No they are well respected... They were a great team in the 90s... Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice etc.

Unfortunatly they are horrible now.

Google the names and you will find a ton of info.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Don't tell me, they are hated, scum, the worst in the league or all of the above, it would be my luck

I'd say 49ers fans are the tea-sippers of (real) football fandom, not nearly berserk enough for all you soccer hooligans. Maybe you should switch to the Raiders, just on the other side of the bay.

BTW, some Mexican league soccer game result actually made the front page of the sports section in the paper. I for one was up in arms. I think we should declare war on Mexico and get rid of this scurge.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd

Unfortunatly they are horrible now.

Hmm...It may have been before their 90's success, and seem unrelated to the current situation.....but it seems quite possible that the following evidence I present harmed them in the long run and planted seeds of destruction:

Just kidding, but after reading up, they sound like they've been going through some "tough times", to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join