It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

-- Robertfenix
IF they had it mapped out already why then did the EBEN not say here is a map of the planet and places that we feel it is not safe to go to. Or here is some places of interest. They left it up to the humans to rediscover the planet as if the EEEN's did not have the forethought or interest to do so.

Nice analysis. I enjoyed it, although I think that some of this is still in the realm of things we don't really know. We don't know that the Ebens didn't provide some sort of maps, do we? And maybe they didn't view much or any of the planet as actually dangerous -- given their technology, it's likely that they were able to traverse their world in safety.

Also, even if the team did have maps, wouldn't they still want to explore and see the planet for themselves? I think they would. Maybe they were actually scouting out some place for a colony? Remember, they were military officers of an expansionist society. I would imagine that they had orders on what to look at and what data the superiors wanted brought back.

Who knows? This could all be a fiction made up by a few college guys with some tech savvy. If not, there must be a lot left in that "manual" that we've still yet to hear about.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
The website is www.dia.mil...

If you do a search on "Project Serpo" and look down the list the two files show up. It's probably a longshot, but there might be something there.

www.dia.mil... 11.9MB
www.dia.mil... 7.1MB

Some of the copied files are barely readable. I will look through it more later.

Hal,
Great find!!
Why not start a new thread for people who want to browse through these and discuss them. I've been browsing UFO1....
Lots of fuzz up until pg. 40 something. I've only got up to page 50 and have already found some pretty interesting stuff!
Thanks for great links!!
No mention of Serpo though...(not so far).
Think about the new thread suggestion.
Regards,
J - DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
omg...up to 80+ is there any word of anan. Can someone make a list of what we have learned its been a while since i actually looked at this thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ahem.

"I'm a true skeptic", I thoroughly expect you to say now that you don't believe me. If you don't, then I suggest that you find another forum in which to exercise your considerable logical and deductive prowess.

I had an interesting experience this evening. It's quite late here in the UK – currently 2 a.m. I've not had more than five or six hours sleep a night for quite a long time. I'm tired, and although I'm usually pretty patient and understanding, I occasionally get p***ed off. Yet I meant what I said earlier about trying to make friends with everyone and excusing people if they get their wires crossed.

But after reading theough the last several pages I found myself thinking "Why do I bother?" For a few minutes I actually thought seriously of leaving the Forum. I get no personal benefit from being here apart from the pleasure of highly intelligent conversation, and I've taken quite a lot of time – many hours – to present lucid answers to good questions. It's not much thanks when I realise that some people don't even bother to read what I write. I do actually have plenty of other things to do, believe me.

So I went downstairs to make a pot of tea (I'm an Englishman, don't forget
) When I was in the kitchen I realised that this was how Anonymous must have felt. It was really quite enlightening – and I'm very pleased I had the experience.

Anonymous complains in his fifth posting: www.serpo.org...

I find some of the questions [from various list members] to be very disturbing. I expected thoughfulness in the responses, rather than criticism.

I remarked at the time to Victor's list that that rang true as an authentic emotional response. This evening, two months later, I found myself (exacerbated by tiredness) feeling precisely the same as he described. So it was quiet an eye-opener.

I wonder why he may have gone quiet, then...?

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Bill Ryan is the distinguished looking gentleman (without the mullet).
Regards,

J - defunCtion

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
I agree the EBEN should have had the planet mapped out being there for some time. BUT with a population of 650k is this really feasible considering the numbers that could be appointed to such a task and outside of the food/ gathering generation factory worker bee set and those too young to work and those that need to care for the young.

Well, considering that human beings mapped an entire planet with the following team:

I would think a race of beings advanced enough to engage in interstellar travel might be capable of accomplishing the same task.

IF they had it mapped out already why then did the EBEN not say here is a map of the planet and places that we feel it is not safe to go to. Or here is some places of interest.

If you are willing to entertain the possible existence of a 3,000 page project report, then as a corollary you must accept there is much that has not been discussed in the 13,000 words written about the experience on the Serpo web site.

Lets say we are talking about manking on earth 2,000 years BC civilizied society with commerce are around at this time yet, do they have the entire planet mapped out ????

Are you seriously comparing the respective civilization timelines of mankind from 4,000 years ago (biggest accomplishments = codified laws & aquaducts) to a race that has reportedly mastered interstellar (i.e., FTL) travel?

They live in mud huts afterall and the only resemblance of technology that the average EBEN seems to posses is the communicator device that tells them where and when to work.

Your description is flawed. Please refer to the actual description of the "typical" Eben abode:

Originally by Anon
The individual Eben family lived a simple life. Their homes were constructed of clay, some type of material similar to wood, and some metal. The houses all looked the same. They appeared to be something from the Southwest, looking like adobe. The interior of the house consisted of four rooms. One sleeping room where all Ebens slept in the same room on mats, a food preparation room (kitchen), a family room (the largest in the house) and a small waste room.

As you are apparently unaware of the difference between an adobe home and a mud hut, I have posted photos of each below. The photo of the adobe home will link you to a website which will provide a brief explanation of the history (and advantages) of adobe dwellings, as well as provide an illustration of a modern example.

Adobe home:

Mud Hut:

And please do not bother to find an example of a mud hut that looks like an adobe home. I'm sure one exists, and it would be a pointless exercise that would only serve to distract from the topic. The point here is that your image of the described Eben dwelling may not necessarily be accurate.

A civilization that was intent on looking for resources yet is almost clueless about their current planet that they reside on.

Similar to the above example, this represents a blatant distortion of what is actually written on the web site. Please refer me to where it says the Ebens were "almost clueless about their current planet."

You can not have a race of people that are both third world in concept and yet technologically superior to modern day science.

it is a unrealistic paradox that simply would not be possible.

Are you truly incapable of differentiating between a "simple life" in a small community from the "third world?" Living a life of simple needs in a small community is not a sufficient condition for living in the "third world."

The society envisioned of the EBEN's is a slave society akin to the plantation cotton workers in pre civil war era America.

This is what you envision. Let's be clear about this. Your vision of Eben society is far off the mark from my own.

Where are the indian tribes now, do they still populate the lands with tepes and live in mud huts. Do they still roam free throughout the country side or did they eventually assimilate for the most part into the dominating society

This is a rather flawed analogy, as according to the report, on Serpo, Ebens are the dominant society. There is no other society to absorb their own.

In short, while there may be a few valid points probably embedded somewhere amongst the distortions, erroneous assumptions, and flawed logic, finding them is akin to digging through the proverbial pile of horse manure in search of a pony. No thank you.

In short, the Serpo story is no less valid than it was before your post.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sdrumrunner -

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
Hal,
Great find!!
Why not start a new thread for people who want to browse through these and discuss them. I've been browsing UFO1....
Lots of fuzz up until pg. 40 something. I've only got up to page 50 and have already found some pretty interesting stuff!
Thanks for great links!!
No mention of Serpo though...(not so far).
Think about the new thread suggestion.
Regards,
J - DefunCtion

Thanks, but I just finished going through it, and didn't find anything. But it doesn't hurt to have more than one set of eyes checking it. All I saw were alot of foreign UFO reports, some foreign articles (mostly in Portuguese), reports on crash debris, and the most interesting thing was that guy who said the UFO's were using a power grid in the sky and he had the calculations to prove it.

I think I will mozy on over to some other departments and do more searching when I have time. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Bill Ryan, do you know if anyone has put in any FOIA requests for Project Serpo?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Mr Ryan I just want to be the first apologize if any of my comments and or acuusations got under your skin.

My posts were fully intended to test your mettle so to speak. To see how you would react. You will deal with worse along this road than this forum.

You have returned to the post, and I am humbled.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Posting by Anonymous (25 November, 2005)
After reading Dr. Sagan's remarks on the Serpo project, which is about 60 jam-packed pages of calculations, I found one paragraph which states that in order to use Kepler's law – in the case of Planet Serpo – one had to vary the exact gravitational pull placed on Serpo by the two suns. Serpo did not have large planets, like Jupiter and Saturn to affect the gravitational pull as the Earth does. Serpo's gravitational pull was different than anything Dr. Sagan had ever seen before.

There are numerous figures and calculations to support this. I will forward them at a later date. Have your list stay tuned.

Everyone's been waiting for the pictures since Posting by Anonymous (8 December, 2005).
Anyone besides me still waiting for these calculations since 11/25/05?
Just trying to emphasize the fact that other promises were made and unkept.
Take it how you want to...
Regards,
J - DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDX175DUEX
Mr Ryan I just want to be the first apologize if any of my comments and or acuusations got under your skin.

My posts were fully intended to test your mettle so to speak. To see how you would react. You will deal with worse along this road than this forum.

You have returned to the post, and I am humbled.

I'm glad to see the apology - but with all due respect - I believe if you had READ the entire thread and listened to the podcast, you would have known that Bill Ryan was being open and honest about all of this. If if you did both and still felt the need to "test his mettle" - that speaks volumes with respect to you.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Shawna, please lets not turn this into a battle.
I respect your position, however theres no need for snide remarks..

I have read the thread.
I saw accusations fly and I decided to add 02 cents.
Sue me if its too skeptical for you.
I wanted to see if he would dissapear like anonymous when presented with alot of in your face skepticism.
He returned to the thread and passed the test.
OK... I got bored with it all and just wanted something to happen.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by KDX175DUEX]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

To be quite frank, I can relate to how you're feeling. If you haven't listened to the Two out of Three Amigos Podcast in which they interview Bill Ryan, you should. Springer and Skeptic Overlord do a very entertaining show and you truly get a sense of how sincere Bill Ryan is. You also learn that both you and he (and many more of us) share a deep frustration over Anon's silence.

What's truly important here is that you realize that many of us, even those who come across as "believers" in the Serpo story agree that there's not a single shred of evidence that proves this story to be true. Many people, as they learn more and more about the events, have found that there are enough tantalizing constencies to continue to follow and discuss the story, while we wait for new information.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Sue me if its too skeptical for you.
I wanted to see if he would dissapear like anonymous when presented with alot of in your face skepticism.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by KDX175DUEX]

It has nothing to do with your skepticism...... it is about the way you went about 'testing his mettle'. There have been others here who have asked pointed questions of Bill - with respect and courtesy. It IS possible to do that. And it is one of the reasons I appreciate the ATS forum. Most individuals who post here know how to treat each other with respect and courtesy

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
But after reading theough the last several pages I found myself thinking "Why do I bother?" For a few minutes I actually thought seriously of leaving the Forum. I get no personal benefit from being here apart from the pleasure of highly intelligent conversation, and I've taken quite a lot of time – many hours – to present lucid answers to good questions. It's not much thanks when I realise that some people don't even bother to read what I write. I do actually have plenty of other things to do, believe me.

Bill - I want to say that I appreciated the long and thoughtful answers you gave to me, especially recently. They went a VERY long way in leading me to decide in my own mind, that you are an honest person in this matter, and whatever is happening with this, you are on the same side as us. You want to know the truth too.

I did read all of your postings very carefully - and I think, speaking for myself, a lot of the "emotion" of the last few pages of this thread (on the part of many posters) might have been born from the wait and the frustration of no further information for so long.

As I said before, I respect what you are doing here - but like Centrist eloquently stated, we can't jump to either belief or disbelief without more information and evidence.

As Shawna mentioned earlier - it definitely is important that we treat eachother with respect on this forum if we're going to get to the bottom of this... I second the motion....

And I'd like to make a request of everyone reading this - for all of you lurkers (based on the numbers of "views" there are TONS of you). Please, if you have thought about this, and have personal experience that can add to this analysis in a meaningful way - don't feel afraid to add your input.

I've noticed that a lot of the lurkers who resist putting their thoughts down, and then finally end up posting actually have a LOT to add to this discussion. So I look forward to hearing more from those of you "lurkers"!

Secondly - are any of you good at sifting through FOIA requests? We've got great links a few posts back and it would be great if we could analyse those and see if we can get any further information on exactly what project serpo really is....

Peace,
rdube02

[edit on 18-1-2006 by rdube02]

[edit on 18-1-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan

bill...don't leave. there are a BUNCH of people here that IMMENSELY enjoy the time and effort that you've put into this subject, and i for one, would hate it if you left because a few people posting here spoiled it for the rest of us appreciative folks.

the thing is...some people here WANT you to leave. they'd rather you stopped posting the info and analysis you've been providing, for a number of reasons. some, i'm sure, provide themselves with a smug sense of satisfaction, which ultimately hides their own insecurities about how little they really know about anything. their efforts to attack your credibility and intent only masks the fact that their misery would really like some company.

others, IMHO, are....scared. they might not even realize it on a conscious level, but this topic is epic in stature and, IF TRUE, would turn reality as we know it on its proverbial ear. some of us in this thread, as terrified of that notion as we are, would welcome this shift. others, would really love to crawl under the bed, throw some blankets over their heads, and keep "living in the matrix".

for whatever reason, bill, don't let a few people here ruin all the time and energy you've put into helping us all take this incredible journey. even if it all turns out to be a huge fairy tale....the journey getting to that conclusion would be worth it...just for the possibility that it will expose some to start thinking beyond our reality.

thanks, bill.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I guess I am considered a "lurker"... So here are my 2 cents... I recently found a consistency with the time it took to get to Serpo compared to Heims faster than light propulsion model. If you're not familiar with Dr. Heim and you'd like to know more, I'd suggest doing a search. It might be over the laymens head. Yet, if you have an understanding and comprehension of physics... some things will be interesting.

Peace and Love.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"One who practices the method of suspended judgment, engages in rational and dispassionate reasoning as exemplified by the scientific method, shows willingness to consider alternative explanations without prejudice based on prior beliefs, and who seeks out evidence and carefully scrutinizes its validity."

Thanks to all – Bill

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hello again,

I return back on here from work and find my subject heading has become highly quoted as of late with its 15 minutes of fame. And that's okay
. You all have my permission to quote it.
While my previous posts were of my thoughts questioning the validity of the Serpo tale, it is not to say that I'm afraid of the story nor am I against it. I just find the concept/angle fascinating even though it may be difficult to deal with especially having spent so many years reading literature, comic books and watching film and being an artist myself...I tend to try to discern what's real and what's fantastical.

So..another thought came to mind about the 12 astronauts return to Earth in 1978, that is if anyone has NOT considered it, is the AGE factor. Would'nt the 12 crewmen/women who went to Serpo and back be younger than their superiors or those under them? In other words, one would age much slowly out there and once returned, they would still be in their probably 40s or 50s, no older than in their 60s by now. And therefore perhaps still alive and NOT dead.
But I digress.
Something to consider.
Another thing..what if, in theory, Anon is none other than one of the living and surviving crew-members of the Serpo project AND is also DIA as having been promoted through that position over the years and perhaps had to change the language and tone in the report to make it look like he/she knew the crew from a different point of view to throw others off course? And chances are..it's someone with a military/intelligence background who has qualifications in management skills, decision-making processes, survivalism, psychological warfare, etc.
I could be reading this wrong but sometimes part of being an anonymous figure is designed to throw others off course away from the actual identity and with that, 'anonymous' is given free reign to pretend to be someone else. Perhaps to protect him/herself from intruding figures which I would'nt fault the person for that reason.
And remember, it was an alliance of 6 people together...3 former DIA...3 current in office..and one of them is their 'spokesperson'. But if the 3 current DIA in office are in on this just for the heck of it just to mess with ATSNN as their psychological ops experiment...well, let me be the first to say---
Welcome to ATSNN, DIA gentlemen..or woman..having fun yet? It gets better and you ain't seen nuthin' yet. As the computer in WarGames would say.."would you like to play a nice game of...chess?".

Cheers,

Sanctum1972

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
As the saying goes, 'you can fool some for sometime, but you cant fool ALL everytime'. The common laymen has TIME to fall back on, for time never fails to reveal the truth, whatever spins that had been put up, so no worries of what DIA or whomever with an axe to grind againts reality either way. Go ahead and play games, but I'll pray for mercy for those who had been lying to us. Have fun. While you still can.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join