It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 248
<< 245  246  247   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I am going to ask nicely that we QUIT feeding the serpo machine in public.

If it's a hoax we just gave them enough ammo to run until June!

Yeah.. but you know that hoax or not, they're booked through the summer anyway. At least if we supply the material, it'll be a better show

Of course, here's a weird thought. Suppose we did come up with the "story" here on ATS while bantering about remote possibilities. Suppose then somebody hoaxing an event used that as 'their' story. Isn't that copyright infringement? Hmm... Sounds like an unlawful derivative work to me... taking someone else's idea and integrating into a work of sold commercially?

It's an interesting question. One that I hope doesn't ever arise, but wouldn't it be awful difficult for a hoaxster to prove that they came up with the story "first", despite having read it on a website, unless they can prove their story's true?

But that brings me right back to your point -- they are sorely lacking in evidence at this point. All of the excuses in the world will not change that.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bill has and IS answering all these "tough questions" ...you know where (questions from ATS are copy and pasted to other place). And btw, Whiterabbit, I can see your posts- so you havent been put on GI, yet.

This is my last post on this thread, since as edit:______mistake nm____________________.

edit: gotcha Springer... you see, im illliterate

You know your curiosity will get the best of you. haha.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I DO NOT want to stop the conversation of what is ALREADY out there. I don't want to shut anything down.

I just don't want "US" to continue giving fuel to a potential hoax. I am not sure how to do this either...

If I could get hold of S.O. (it is after midnight his time and I won't call him this late) I would ask him to remove the big bold links at the top. ENOUGH.

I hope I am making sense to you all, I just shudder at the thought of ATS feeding ideas to a potential hoax.

That's IT.

I'll leave the rest up to you all.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged

Bill has and IS answering all these "tough questions" ...you know where.

That is good that at least Bill knows where the tough questions are. ATS !

Honestly , I don't care what Bill say's away from ATS about questions posed to him on ATS.

This whole thing about Bill going somewhere else to answer ATS questions really turns me off on Bill Ryan.

box

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
LOL (Yep im a lowly lil pointer guy too)............. for GAWd sakes,............everyone here has BEATEN THIS DEAD HORSE INTO POWDER!

If ANON, and BILL/VICTOR are still alive whats the cause of no response?
****conspiracy?****

I see people talking about posts by Bill and or Victor and this Email list but i cant find them here on these boards (in the last few days)....

theres way way too much jibber jabber going on about nothing and or the same topics that dont matter!

HE SAID!

nO SHE SAID

WELL HE SAID

AND MY GREAT GREAT GRANDMA SAID

STOP THE DRIBBLE PLEASE.......

[edit on 9-2-2006 by box]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'd like to muddy the Serpoax water somewhat and explain how a jpg can contain layers that can be 'moved around' in MS Word.

I'm not suggesting that this actually happened but I offer it as an 'out of the box' idea.

(Note: I can't attach a sample file for you to play with 'cos I don't have permission to post attachments. The sample file is 27kb if anyone wants a copy)

The trick is simple. Rename an existing vector image (eg a wmf ) to a jpg.

Try this at home:

(Note2: The forum software doesn't seem to like me typing wmf filenames - it strips out the '. w m f' and replaces it with something else. To get round this I have replaced '.' with ',' eg globe,wmf)

- Search your hard drive for wmf files.
- wmf files are Windows Meta Files and are a vector graphic format.
- I found globe,wmf on my PC which is an image of the world with long/lat lines on it.
- Make a copy of globe,wmf and call it globe.jpg
- On my PC both jpg and wmf files are associated with the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer program. If I double-click on either the jpg or wmf I see the 'same' image displayed in the viewer.

- Open MS Word 2000
- Create a new document
- Inster a picture via Insert -> Picture -> From File...
- Select globe.jpg
- A picture of a globe now apears in Word.
- Right click on the image and select Picture Object -> Open
- You should now be able to 'grab' different parts of the image and move them around. In my case I can grab the the landmass parts of the globe and move them all to the North Pole.

Voila! A jpg with movable layers!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone else find it curious that Bill has fled this board for another?

Why not simply retreat to his own site? I mean seriously, he has a site where he can disseminate any info he wants. He comes here as a "guest", decides it's a little too hot to handle, and rather than just leave, he heads off to an entirely new site to continue his discussion. Meanwhile his site lies pretty much neglected - nothing going on over there for all intents and puposes.

Considering what I have seen at the new board Bill is posting on, the majority of the people addressing him there came from here, they are just functioning under different rules and are freely able to "diss" what went on at ATS. Seems to me the only point of being on another board instead of his own.

Still, from a credibility factor, why not just answer questions and continue to release information on the Serpo site.

And what's with this lucianarchy? Is this his publicist or something? That character seems to be just running all over the web starting more Serpo threads and links than you can keep up with.

Again, none of this makes sense to me when Bill has his own site in the first place. I personally feel this speaks volumes about what is going on at this point.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The View From North Haverbrook

Originally posted by Relentless
Again, none of this makes sense to me when Bill has his own site in the first place. I personally feel this speaks volumes about what is going on at this point.

"I've sold Serporails in Ogdenville, Brockway and North Haverbrook!"

Relentless, I know what you mean. I really can't help shake a nagging sense of deja vu about this pattern.

Whatever his motives may be, the undeniable fact staring all of us in the face is that Bill Ryan is the promoter of the Project Serpo story.

With Bill, there's a story. Without Bill, there's no story.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the most significant clue about Serpo is the most obvious one.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hello all,

This is my first offical post since joining. I have been following the serpo since it Bill Ryan was on C2C.

I agree with a number of you that there seems to be a distinct disconnect from the original message and the posts after Victor was taken out of the loop and we are not hearing from anon1 anymore.

Just my introductory $.02. I hope to contribute more as I get more involved with the group (as time permits).

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For a while, I wanted to continue asking questions here so Bill would see them and answer them over there, in hopes of either getting a real answer or tripping him up, but I see he’s being just as ambiguous there as he was here, so we’re just providing fuel.

I agree 100% with Springer and Relentless. Not only are WE still asking Bill to elaborate and clear up misunderstandings (albeit through a buffer), we’re giving him the very information he needs to do so! And he’s still answering with vague, incomplete, half-cocked responses, but it’s not really ok to challenge him over there, so people are walking on eggshells just accepting what he says and waiting… and waiting…

Although he’s still reading here (he’s been here today), he has the ‘buffer’ of the new forum and the public drama of how he was ‘victimized’ here (and had to leave in a huff) to PREVENT his new little friends from delving too deeply or confronting him again and again on the questions he answers ambiguously.

Serpo is kind of like Vicadin. It makes you feel real good and does a good job. But when the body heals and the pain goes away, and it’s OBVIOUS you’re only taking it because it feels good, you’re tempted to keep taking it because it feels so Serpo-licious! But I don’t want to get hooked on it, so I quit taking it and I just have to wait for the next real, authentic pain to take it again.

So I’m done with Serpo. I’m done feeding the fantasy. I will joke about it but I’m not going into detail about unanswered questions so I can help provide the half-answers for Bill to dole out to his new little friends.

Until next time…

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
YOu were able to sum up exactly what I meant. He is coming over here, reading this and other threads, and all the while he is impervious to scrutiny and or REALITY...

I grew up in Texas, down there we had a saying that really applied to this story IMHO. "Never let FACTS get in the way of a really good story".

This just reeks HOAX to me when I step back, look at the "information" after the switcheroo, and the "drawing" provided to date. I have seen hundreds of internet hoaxes in my 15 plus years online, the good ones keep everybody hanging on for as long as possible but at least the old ones gave you something to chew on once in a while, a decent photo, a genuine looking "secret" document, something...

I leave it up to the reader to make their own mind up naturally, but I will not sit back and watch our beloved ATS contribute, be cast as a participant or have any of it "get on us" that we can't wash off.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Doesn't anyone else find it curious that Bill has fled this board for another?

Why not simply retreat to his own site? I mean seriously, he has a site where he can disseminate any info he wants. He comes here as a "guest", decides it's a little too hot to handle, and rather than just leave, he heads off to an entirely new site to continue his discussion. Meanwhile his site lies pretty much neglected - nothing going on over there for all intents and puposes.

Considering what I have seen at the new board Bill is posting on, the majority of the people addressing him there came from here, they are just functioning under different rules and are freely able to "diss" what went on at ATS. Seems to me the only point of being on another board instead of his own.

Still, from a credibility factor, why not just answer questions and continue to release information on the Serpo site.

The Serpo site is not a website for him. It is a website for Serpo and any information that is released by Anonymous. I don't think Bill wants to muddy it up with adding his own comments and opinions.

Bill is answering any and all questions at the other site and has not back away from one. The difference is that these questions are legitimate, intelligent, questions about the Serpo information that has been released.
They are not attacks at his character, religious preference, personal beliefs, or motivation for presenting this information. There are no crude, pointless remarks or slanderish comments. He proved time and again, in my eyes, that he is not part of a hoax, but merely a conduit for information from someone who may, or may not, be legitimate. On ATS, it got to where it was difficult for him to find time to reply to questions pertaining to Serpo because he was too busy trying to prove himself to those who would not accept him.

The new forum is what it is...a civil, reliable place to discuss, review, and investigate the Serpo story by those who are still on the fence.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasualOne
The pieces of thier "game" are on the board but what do they all do? Most reason leads to a hoax, but if there is some truth here we have to shake the box and sift through the disinfo.

On the contrary, it's not up to me, the recipient of the information, to sift for the truth. The person making the claim, in this case Anonymous, carries the burden to support his assertion. If he wants me to believe that what he says is the truth, and I can hardly believe he'd want me to think otherwise, then it's up to him to make his case.

You don't stand in front of the thesis committee and toss your raw data on the table, saying, "Here, you figure it out. Now give me my degree."

How's the saying go? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Ok, well, I think it goes without saying that the onus of providing that evidence falls on the shoulders of those making the claim.

What I see a lot of in this forum is pointless bickering and prattling about tangential and peripheral items that have little to no bearing on the subject at hand.

It's like we're out in the woods ostensibly hunting for deer, but instead of getting down to the serious business of feeding our family, we're standing in a huddle wondering why Bob won't tell us where he got the information that deer were in the area.

"Bob said he heard it from a friend that there were deer around here."

"How'd he hear about it? Was it in a phone conversation? Email? Astral-projection?"

"His friend sent him a document with a picture in it."

"Ah! What program did he use? What type of image was it? What was his friend's IP address?"

...and I sit here and wonder, what does this have to do with shooting deer?? So, rather than hunting, we're going to stand around and debate the merits of meaningless semantics.

"Why would Roy show up wearing a blue hat instead of that green one he always wore in the past?"

"Yeah, no kidding! Maybe Roy knows Bob's phantom Internet pal. You know, when Roy was in the service, he swears he once knew a guy who worked in military intelligence... or maybe it was he dated a gal who's brother was a cop in Seattle..."

All this incessant yammering about IP addresses, jpeg images, MS Word documents, etc., might be a fun way to pass the time, but has absolutely nothing to do with the veracity of Anonymous' claim. None whatsoever. Therefore, it's pointless and a waste of time and effort. It's up to Anonymous to be more forthcoming with his information and to prove it to be true.

So, no, it's not up to me or anyone else to do Anon's homework for him. He made the claim; it's up to him to support it. And, for whatever reason, he won't - likely because he can't.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hi everybody, this is my first post in this thread.
Please consider my musical interpretation of the Serpo Saga. abovetopsecret.com/atsxpod_1418.mp3

If your still feeling frazzeled, maybe some Sonic Valium may help.

Thanks everybody for the Serpo, it's been great.
Now, would the last person to leave the auditorium please turn out the lights. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
further in news, there hasn't been a new post from anon since bill left the forum, when seemingly we were getting one a week there for awhile. it might be to early to call..but, it seems like an odd coincidence.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Well this has certainly been a wild ride beginning with knee-jerk reactions of hoax in the first few pages, through intriguing possibilities of back-channel disclosure, more fits-and-starts at hoax concerns, someone hoaxing a hoax, and finally what seems to be solid indications of deception and hoax.

At an amazing 5,000 replies. This thread has served it's purpose and is now closed.

Additional "Project Serpo" discussion is ongoing on many threads:

Project Serpo Issues: Proven Factual Problems
Serpo Summary
The Trouble With Tribbles (and Serpo)
Serpo: I Know Anonymous's Name

Look for additional summaries on the late-breaking "hoaxification" issues in this thread coming soon. And as always, ATS members will be digging into detailed analysis of any new information appearing on Serpo.org.

The vast majority of exchanges in this thread exemplify the contributions of some of the best and brightest members of this fine community. This massive thread will be the "go-to" research for anyone interested in Project Serpo for years to come. Thank you all for contributing to this phenomenal knowledge-base.

new topics

top topics

<< 245  246  247   >>

join