It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by lucianarchy
Bill Ryan is definately NOT David Icke.

I think some people, particularly the more pseudo-skeptic mind-set, ought to look up the term 'cognitive dissonance'. - The fact that some of the pseudo-skeptics are acting so hystericaly actually supports the hypothesis of 'true'. Pseudo-skeptics won't be able to work that one out, but there are others that understand some of the finer aspects of human behaviour/psychology.

I'm sorry, but it's too much of a stretch of logic to say that just because so many people are screaming "it's not true!" then it must be true. I realize that maybe in the field of psychology this theory applies - but in the real world, it's just not true. All it means is that the story is much more unbelievable than most - so of course skeptics will be trying to attack it that much more.

I think some people, particularly of the more "pseudo-intellectual" mind-set, ought to look up the term "narcissism". Since you apparently understand some of "finer" aspects of human psychology - I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

I can't stand the people in any forum trying to use vocabulary like it's a show of their intelligence. If you want to show intelligence, use logic. Walk us from A to B. If you spew out phrases from your particular field of expertise - the only thing it proves is that you are more interested in proving your intelligence than you are in evaluating the facts and coming to logical conclusions. Want to impress people? Present a bullet-proof logical argument with the simplest words you can use.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a true sceptic

how do you know?

I have no way of proving that which would be allowed on this forum, but, believe it or not, it's not a problem for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think some people, particularly the more pseudo-skeptic mind-set, ought to look up the term 'cognitive dissonance'. - The fact that some of the pseudo-skeptics are acting so hystericaly actually supports the hypothesis of 'true'. Pseudo-skeptics won't be able to work that one out, but there are others that understand some of the finer aspects of human behaviour/psychology.

I'm sorry, but it's too much of a stretch of logic to say that just because so many people are screaming "it's not true!" then it must be true. I realize that maybe in the field of psychology this theory applies - but in the real world, it's just not true.

sorry, but you're wrong. if you knew your science history, you'd realise that most trans-forming discoveries were met with hysteria (this is not used in the anti-woman sense, so please don't pc me!). it's not proof, but such cognitive dissonance is certainly indicative of something being 'real'. come on now, us sceptics have to use critical thinking skill, but not just one way!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

how do you know?

I have no way of proving that which would be allowed on this forum, but, believe it or not, it's not a problem for me.

another grey area then?

this resembles swiss cheese - lots of holes...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but it's too much of a stretch of logic to say that just because so many people are screaming "it's not true!" then it must be true. I realize that maybe in the field of psychology this theory applies - but in the real world, it's just not true. All it means is that the story is much more unbelievable than most - so of course skeptics will be trying to attack it that much more.

I think some people, particularly of the more "pseudo-intellectual" mind-set, ought to look up the term "narcissism". Since you apparently understand some of "finer" aspects of human psychology - I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

I can't stand the people in any forum trying to use vocabulary like it's a show of their intelligence. If you want to show intelligence, use logic. Walk us from A to B. If you spew out phrases from your particular field of expertise - the only thing it proves is that you are more interested in proving your intelligence than you are in evaluating the facts and coming to logical conclusions. Want to impress people? Present a bullet-proof logical argument with the simplest words you can use.

"spew" ? dear boy, don't take this as being patronising, but your use of one word is enough to see right through you.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
I am sorry but I can not comment on this further.

Wow...coulda predicted that response without much thought.

Riiiight, I'm sure you want us to believe you have an "in" with government intelligence not knowing who you are or what you are. Just like we're supposed to believe Anon's story not knowing who he is or what he is. Guess what - the large, relatively sane majority of the people reading these postings don't believe EITHER.....yet. Make all the claims you like, but until either side provides some shred of verifiable evidence, that's all these are - claims. And pretty interesting reading material during bathroom breaks.

Tell ya what Mr. secret-agent man. If you're with the government, then tell the government they are doing a pretty half-_ss job trying to control what the population thinks. Because you know what? You can't do it. In the end, WE run the government. We sign your paychecks. And in this country, we believe what we want to believe, not what we're told to believe.

And if you're not really with the government - then get over yourself. It's amazing the number of delusional people you find on UFO/ET forums isn't it?

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

"spew" ? dear boy, don't take this as being patronising, but your use of one word is enough to see right through you.

Patronising, pompous, narcassistic...all pretty much the same basic description I guess...

And your disgust over one word is enough to paint a pretty good picture of you. Is it time for your afternoon tea yet?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
I am sorry but I can not comment on this further.

Wow...coulda predicted that response without much thought.

Riiiight, I'm sure you want us to believe you have an "in" with government intelligence not knowing who you are or what you are. Just like we're supposed to believe Anon's story not knowing who he is or what he is. Guess what - the large, relatively sane majority of the people reading these postings don't believe EITHER.....yet. Make all the claims you like, but until either side provides some shred of verifiable evidence, that's all these are - claims. And pretty interesting reading material during bathroom breaks.

Tell ya what Mr. secret-agent man. If you're with the government, then tell the government they are doing a pretty half-_ss job trying to control what the population thinks. Because you know what? You can't do it. In the end, WE run the government. We sign your paychecks. And in this country, we believe what we want to believe, not what we're told to believe.

And if you're not really with the government - then get over yourself. It's amazing the number of delusional people you find on UFO/ET forums isn't it?

-rdube02

ohh my...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

And your disgust over one word is enough to paint a pretty good picture of you. Is it time for your afternoon tea yet?

"disgust"? why would you think that? lol!

no, i am enlightened.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
can we close this serpo hoax now please...

id love to have a sticky on radio encryption / decryption techniques - youd be amazed at whats being said on those

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

-rdube02

Sent you a PM

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

id love to have a sticky on radio encryption / decryption techniques - youd be amazed at whats being said on those

sceptic, I'm a sceptic too, but i am unaware that any proof that this is a hoax has been shown.

remember our motto; the burden of proof is on the claimant...

bill is not presenting this as proof of anything, he is presenting evidence that is very compelling, for a number of reasons, and if your research is not complete you may not even realise some of them. but there is no evidence at all that this a 'hoax'. maybe it is, but there isn't any evidence.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
again ive been chewing on this - and at present this will probably make an" ats all time top post thread!" - or it may even make itself one of those ufo file downloads.

its kinda frosty out here at the moment ....

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Nah. Lets wait a bit
We may just learn the truth, if we keep an open mind. And since there's just as much evidence to say that this event is real as not, I think that the open-minded folks among us will enjoy the opportunity to continue the discussion.

Feel free to disengaging yourself from this, if you have nothing of substance to add.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

There are a lot of things that seem a little strange lately, but lets avoid this turning into a skeptics vs. believers discussion. Anyone who is satisfied that this is a hoax, is certainly welcome to do so, but should be respectful of those of us who wish to continue the discussion.

As for the question regarding my involvement, it's quite simple. I saw the Serpo site and posted a thread. Read back through ATS for late november, you'll see I was actually busy researching FOIA documents on crashed UFO's, Von Neumann probes, and other topics at the same time I posted this thread.

Also, read through THIS thread and you'll see that I was not the person who brought Bill Ryan to this thread. We never communicated until Bill found my post on EO12589 and wrote to me asking if he could forward it to Victor's list. After that, I was asked if I would like to join Victor's list. I agreed. Here we are today. I'm no more or less convinced of the truth of Anon's story, but I'm keeping an open mind until we can prove something one way or another.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Nah. Lets wait a bit We may just learn the truth, if we keep an open mind. And since there's just as much evidence to say that this event is real as not, I think that the open-minded folks among us will enjoy the opportunity to continue the discussion.

Correct me if I am wrong, and if so I apologize. However, I remember you stating you were an attorney. Im curious as to what parts of this story would hold up in the court of law. Isnt everything that has been released circumstantial? Funny that an attorney would call unsupported statements facts.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by CrossBone]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It would seem that the courts are not concerned with the truth.. just what can be proven in that court. And if you don't have proof that a jury or judge would find credible, then your busted.. they throw you in jail, and they throw away the key.

the truth is never actually presented in a trial. It is mainly a match of wits and the one who can make the other guy look guilty, wins!

Money is also the source of the truth. Look at OJ or Robert Blakes case, they both had money and could pay their way to freedom. It's a darn shame what the courts and justice are all about... so that argument would never stand up in court!

[edit on 18-1-2006 by pkrska]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

Originally posted by yourworstnightmare
You have now been informed. True Believers and those that think this whole thing is just total bunk.

Please don't expect photographs of alien beings posing with American military personnel while standing on an alien world to be released. No such photographs exist. I think that's a fairly safe bet.

I will not respond to inquiries. Nor will I post anything further on the Serpo disinformation product.

Coward.

What are YOUR credentials for issuing "definitive" statements without PROOF???? Who are you? What is your background that makes you such an expert in disinformation? What makes you think your post deserves to be taken seriously without any indication of what you are basing your OPINION on?

You are entitled to your OPINION. But please, do not lecture here. This forum deserves better.

EXACTLY the way i felt after reading his post. if he's so intent on "informing" us of how we're all being led astray, he should stick around and attempt to steer all the "unenlightened" members in the right direction.

but then again...he sounds so close-minded and sure of his interpretations, i'm actually glad he won't post here again. open-minded skepticism i welcome whole-heartedly...stating an opinion and pushing onto the rest of us as complete fact, i can do without.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I was a tester of Webtv from 1998 to 2002
You can save email in a custom or saved folder.
This is from back then if my memory is right.
I'll double check on this.

Originally posted by pharolitos

What I find intriguing (assuming I read correctly) is the fact that Victor supposedly communicates with his sources using WebTV, has mentioned that emails are deleted automatically every 90 days or so right?

But if operating out of Cali, he's most likely using MS's WebTV (aka: msn tv) and they clearly state users receive over 2gb of storage to save emails, photos, etc...
www.webtv.com...

Not sure why he would say that emails get deleted, possible he's not using msntv or it's incorrectly configured...or maybe an excuse to why he can't provide them as proof.

Just a thought

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

As for the question regarding my involvement, it's quite simple. I saw the Serpo site and posted a thread. Read back through ATS for late november, you'll see I was actually busy researching FOIA documents on crashed UFO's, Von Neumann probes, and other topics at the same time I posted this thread.

Also, read through THIS thread and you'll see that I was not the person who brought Bill Ryan to this thread. We never communicated until Bill found my post on EO12589 and wrote to me asking if he could forward it to Victor's list. After that, I was asked if I would like to join Victor's list. I agreed. Here we are today. I'm no more or less convinced of the truth of Anon's story, but I'm keeping an open mind until we can prove something one way or another.

Thank you for responding Centrist. Just seemed that you often have had to come to Bill's defense on here, and I wanted to make sure it was clear to everyone (including myself) that there is no connection between you and those releasing this information.

I agree with you - I am no more or less convinced either, but definitely feel everyone should keep an open mind either way. I'm kind of suprised so many people are willing to make a decision either way at this point.

Do you have any idea if anyone has made FOIA requests regarding project Serpo, and if so, what has come of those? Heard anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join