It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Can we all keep the next space clear for Bill, this thread is getting way out of control!!

link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
It seems that Belief and Disbelief are tied into the ego. If this connection is made then anyone can play with the emotions of those with a need for belief or disbelief. Simply because the ego, by it's nature, has to defend itself in order to maintain dominance of the conscious mind. Of course, the ego is nothing more than a way of thinking and can be dismantled for a more clear way of thinking. However, the emotions produced by the ego way of thinking does become addictive to the person feeling it.

Hey AOG,

Along those lines, i don't know if you're aware of memetics, if I'm telling you something you already know then just ignore it. But it cetainly relates to your quote.

If your not aware, here are some links I posted in the rats serpo thread that you and others may find interesting and I think directly relates to this situation.

memes and memetics:
en.wikipedia.org...

lifecycles:
www.aleph.se...

applying memetics to the internet(technical crap but shows how memetics can be applied to most anything:
pespmc1.vub.ac.be...

Happy reading.

Spiderj

[edit on 1/30/2006 by Spiderj]

link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Eben=been
Serpo=poser

'been a poser'

Good one!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
Ice down some more Corona's Norma, it's gonna be another long night at the Rusty Pelican. This thing just took another turn. Hey Wayne pass the nuts! Your turn Mr. Ryan!

Is there room for me on that fence between you and Majic? And Majic, might as well throw another bag in the microwave!

This is great.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Come on guys...

How can some of you people be so quick to believe Chapman? I was suspicious of him from the start.

A classic method used to discredit info is to have a 'new' informant suddenly join the group, provide bogus stuff, and then admit that he made it up.

The ONLY way Chapman can prove that he made this up is to email Bill AS Anonymous. Until then... Chapman might just be an unrelated figure who decided (or was assigned to) discredit this story.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
"Ron's Org (Ron’s Organisation and Network for Standard Technology) was founded in October 1984 by Bill Robertson in Frankfurt, Germany. It explicitly differentiates itself from the official and unofficial organizations of the Church of Scientology. The goal of Ron’s Org is to apply the philosophy and technology of L. Ron Hubbard and in its original sense, as Hubbard intended it – and in the form that we came to know it: a consistently and uniformly workable method to help the individual to improve the conditions of his life and experience more freedom.

We advocate the path of the "Golden Middle"
please note that we don’t necessarily view this philosophy as the only possible way to happiness.

Ron’s Org consists in part of people who earlier have been members of the Church of Scientology but have been thrown out because they adhered to the original philosophy of L. Ron Hubbard, or left on their own volition when they saw that LRH’s philosophy was no longer being used in a constructive way. The others are people who have learned about LRH's philosophy in Ron’s Org for the first time, authentically and without pressure.

Our goal is to apply the technology of L. Ron Hubbard in a context of freedom – and thus help other people to find of their path back to who they really are. We don’t subject people to any form of dogma or authoritarian teaching which we insist must be believed to the letter, but . Instead, everybody is encouraged to find out what is true for themselves. "

bill ryan is an active member of ron's org - why did he not mention it, after mentioning everything else about his background?

"[...]But a new game is starting, and all are invited to play. Part of the
purpose of the day is to evaluate the level of active interest. We
know there's enough interest to start a fully functioning org
immediately, but there are many opportunities for those who would like
to take part or contribute - in any way, major or minor. All are
welcome and no contribution is too small.

Please reply to me at [email protected] [...]" november 2005

and when did this serpo thing kick off......?

bill, you should have been up front about the cos connection.

failure to do so has flawed your role in the serpo project in respect of openness and honesty, and that is a shame.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by lucianarchy]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is hillarious. Damn good entertaining thread. Please don't close it yet mods!

It's like a good movie that keeps making certain characters suspicious but never entirely gives it away. I hope it ends up with a good twist.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
How can some of you people be so quick to believe Chapman? I was suspicious of him from the start.

A classic method used to discredit info is to have a 'new' informant suddenly join the group, provide bogus stuff, and then admit that he made it up.

The ONLY way Chapman can prove that he made this up is to email Bill AS Anonymous. Until then... Chapman might just be an unrelated figure who decided (or was assigned to) discredit this story.

Look, this whole thing is a sham and we shouldn't need chapman to point that out. There will be those who choose to believe and for those, I would hope that the ruse continues like a soap opera, so true believers can tune in each day for the next installment.

If the installments stop and this correlates to chapman's announcement, then I think we can safely conclude that he's in on the prank. Beyond that, I don't think it matters.

[edit on 2006/1/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm amazed at the amount of people prepared to call the Serpo story a hoax because there was no evidence, or it was too unbelievable but are prepared to accept it is a hoax for exactly the same reasons!

My position on this has not changed at all, and I am quite prepared to sit on this fence for some time longer and wait for actual facts before I make my decision either way!

I also agree that the heading for this thread should be returned to its original statement, I dont think the attention it is getting from the one it has at the moment is doing the thread any good at all!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Until then... Chapman might just be an unrelated figure who decided (or was assigned to) discredit this story.

I added the emphasis. This is a pretty deep rabbit hole folks.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
Ice down some more Corona's Norma, it's gonna be another long night at the Rusty Pelican. This thing just took another turn. Hey Wayne pass the nuts! Your turn Mr. Ryan!

Is there room for me on that fence between you and Majic? And Majic, might as well throw another bag in the microwave!

This is great.

BH, there is always room for more! I was never comfortable with Chapman's or Grampy's post. He seemed to have an agenda from the beginning by saying he has seen the CIA documents spelling out Serpo as a tatic to scare Crazy Ivan. I even wrote a post concerning that earlier.
But let's take our seats and see what happens and pass the popcorn!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Grady,

I'm not a 'believer'. I simply believe that the 'facts' that have been used to discredit the story are not facts at all.

In the same light, so far I have not seen any proof of it, either.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
that the skeptics on this thread sorta just smirk to themselves about how the people who are willing to believe will fall for anything regardless of proof if someone is saying what we want to hear. some with their holy-er than thou attitudes.

But, ironically, The skeptics who all jumped up and started hoooting and hollering the moment someone claimed to be the principal of the serpo whirlwind and claims its all a hoax *sans facts and/or proof* will be getting a taste of their own medicine.

stick that in your pipe and smoke it. hehehe.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, I predicted someone would come up and claim this to them selves, unless confirmed by Bill Ryan.

This is not confirmed until confirmed by Bill Ryan.

The style of writing in the latest additions degraded in quality quite a bit compared to the other writing which wasn't in first person in the first place.

But if this is confirmed hoax, it would be good to know so the theory (or rumour rather) of the Grey coming from Zeta Reticuli would still be standing.

according to chap, was the NSA or DIA at all involved?

[edit on 1/30/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

But let's take our seats and see what happens and pass the popcorn!

I guess I'll have to stock up on Milk Duds too!

And I'm not sure I like rabbit holes - generally very dark and dirty.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So,

I took a week off from ATS... something I would highly recommend, actually...

wow.

As far as this Chapman character... whereas it would/is very easy to jump and down and be all emotional over the posts, honestly, just flip his words around and come at it from the other angle:

"Hi, nobody here knows me, I'm a nobody dude with nobody credentials and no proof to even prove I'm a nobody, that's how nobody I am. The whole Serpo story is true. More evidence is forthcoming. I've seen the pictures and they are good. Anon is on the move but is trying to speed things up" yadda yadda bull bull blah blah.

And the typical ATS response to that dribble would be "Oh Ya?? Prove It."

Chapman has made a rather extraordinary claim.

If it's true, it should be pretty easy for Chapman to prove this claim.

Chapman (and other potential hoaxers) should also maybe keep in mind that (here in the states at least) intentional misdirection (fraud) by the private sector is a big fat Federal No No that probably won't even get your wrist slapped...

unless, of course, some crazy lawyer decides to take you to court and sue you for damages.

rock on
twj

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I know somewhere in this thread the connection between Serpo and Close Encounters of the Third Kind has already been discussed, but did anyone notice in the scene at the end of CEotTK depicting the exchange that J. Allen Hynek was supposedly present?

Has Hynek already been discussed in this thread? I'd read it all but I don't have a free hour........................or 20!

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by decidedlyundecided
that the skeptics on this thread sorta just smirk to themselves about how the people who are willing to believe will fall for anything regardless of proof if someone is saying what we want to hear. some with their holy-er than thou attitudes.

But, ironically, The skeptics who all jumped up and started hoooting and hollering the moment someone claimed to be the principal of the serpo whirlwind and claims its all a hoax *sans facts and/or proof* will be getting a taste of their own medicine.

that doesnt make any sense. if i think that serpo was a hoax in the first place, i base that opinion on what was laid out in the serpo posts, NOT on whether someone says its a hoax or not.

without hard evidence, its just a bunch of fairy tales. this "willing to believe" stuff is getting perilously close to religion - you simply cant take things on "faith" alone, especially when dealing with such a huge question of whether we are alone in the universe or not.

sorry, but that's the scientific way. there wont be any jumping or hollering on my part, thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For those inquiring as to the nomenclature for this thread title :shk:

It seems apparent that SO is simply trying to provide "quik-link" access to the breaking news segments, with regards to the direction of the thread.

I see it as a good thing, thereby eliminating the need to read through ALL 157+ pages of that which will, most likely, meet the demise of the proverbial oscillating thing.

Again, just my $ .02

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wow, a guy takes a day break from ats and comes back to see the place falling apart! sheesh, scooby doo indeed. check this out.

who cares if it was a game played or not, were figuring it out. by all means were doing a professional job of figuring this all out. finding information be it false or real. the truth behind conspiracy. everyone beleivers or not, pat yourselves on the back for being expert investigators. the police should bring murder cases here...and let us dissect the information. we'd solve it no problem.

Please, don't look at this information and be insulted...think of it as a victory for rooting it all out..that is..if the train doesn't stop moving in another direction.

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join