It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Am I the only one who sees the irony here? At first we were accused of taking 'the bait' so to speak through wishful thinking and gullability without any hard facts.

And now a large number of people are accepting chapman as the perpatrator in all of this....without any hard facts whatsoever. I say, until he can prove himself he's just a hoaxing a hoax.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm bored now...

Let's go outside!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Chapman, are you saying we aren't going to find out if the team leader and EBE2 hook up? And who shot 308?

Please provide some proof.

link   
Ironing Out The Irony

Originally posted by owner
And now a large number of people are accepting chapman as the perpatrator in all of this....without any hard facts whatsoever. I say, until he can prove himself he's just a hoaxing a hoax.

Emphasis mine.

I'm not ready to call this a hoax. I agree that it's important to wait for the facts to take shape before drawing any final conclusions about this story.

However, I can say with confidence that irony abounds right now.

tek

link   
I too have been watching this from the beginning, and maybe it is a hoax, but maybe not.

I came across an e-mail on another board commenting that Bill's e-mails were bouncing off possible Carnivore servers in Ohio. So if this were all a hoax, and just merely a college thesis, why is the DoD interested?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Is there anything that seems too good to be true, true?!
It's no wonder the UFO community is ridiculed.

I'd just like to read something that is true and so do others, that's why a lot of people fall for this, they want to believe.

It just cheapens it all, but at the same time shows us to be wary.

I still believe, there will always be hoax's, and things that may be true. We got to keep them separated and I am glad this one separated itself from the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
One thing inline with WhiteRabbit's post I just flat out do not understand is how, when someone has a story about aliens, we get 150 pages asking for proof. Then, when under dubious circumstances, one of them claims it's a hoax and the case is closed. No questions of whether it's disinfo that this person's claiming this, no concern that maybe they're getting pressured on the other end, just "ok, it's done."

I'm not saying it's a hoax, not saying it's true--I still hold out on that. But where's the determination to get that all-mighty proof that everyone seeks for one side of the story when it starts to go the other direction? I mean, a case like this there's bound to be quite a few reasons they'd change gears in midstream.

Is it really truth everyone is after, or just wanting to be able to say that we already know the truth? If you're going to be so quick to dismiss it without any kind of proof, why bother getting involved in the first place? They say it's a hoax now; they said it wasn't before. Why does one have more weight than the other?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I thought posting fictional stories on ATS was against all rules.

Shame on all of them who kept adding fuel to the fire. Bill, I suppose you will be on Coast to Coast explaining this one? Go ahead, i cant wait. How can you be a part of a show heard by millions feeding this B.S.?

I doubt if George will let you back on again and all those in the panel who supported these outlandish claims on that show.

Bring back Big Foot stories, for crying out loud. At least there's one or two pics of those.

It isnt bad enough, i have told of Serpo.org to everyone i know and they laugh at me. Well, NOW they have something to really laugh at.

Regards,

link   
Something smells here.

link   
Could all of you "I told you so" posters just lay off a bit. Everyone wants credit and most didn't even do any of the work to dig out the rat.

We still don't know who the true hoaxters are, and how deep this thing goes. It ain't over till the fat lady sings - and the fat lady ain't even in the same time zone yet.

Bill needs to either respond as soon as possible, or tracked down so that he can respond. Meanwhile, the great researchers who exposed this hoax need to continue digging to get to the bottom of who the players are - Victor, Bill, and all of the others. Just backtrack the trail that got us to this point...

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
...and 4 "photographs"

Or at least give us the Cliff Notes of how it all was supposed to end. So get typing, buddy...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm really sticking my head out here folks and saying hold your horses.
I am not buying Chapmans story, sorry ...nope, don't buy it. I think that the plot has only thickened. How do we know for a fact that Chapman and other Johnnie come lately's are not disinfo agents or worse just playing some idea of a stupid joke. I'm holding my place on the fence a little longer!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've been trying to follow along, read the initial Serpo articles posted by "anonymous" and all, and I'm really really confused, can someone in very simple words explain to me at what exact point we are at? Is Serpo a hoax or not?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Please lock the thread pending more details of hoax!
This was done once before by the mods. Now is certainly a fine time to do so again.

Bill Ryan needs to get on that Swiss dial-up ASAP and respond.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Chapman,

See Nerdling's post above, ditto! :shk:

As for those holding out "until Bill has had a chance to reply"...

Do you not see the coincidental irony that Mr. Ryan introduces and, rather quickly, confirms the credibility of Chapman, the resulting posts bring the thread-pot to a boil, and then Bill sooo conveniently announces a week-long sabatical ... not to be considered meaningful, of course?!

Personally, I would be quite surprised to see him back on the boards, aside from reaffirming Chapman's admission. Of course, with the exception of an obligatory token apology.

In my opinion our community on ATS should actually expect more of these types of games in the coming future, especially considering the mainstream exposure ATS will receive with the upcoming cable show. Should we throw our hands up in disgust, at having been played? NO. Should we carry-on with OUR status quo approach of false till proven fact? I think so. More importantly, I feel this has been a clear demonstration of how, as SO has pointed out on many occasions, we should not want these types of conspiracies to be true. By doing so, we readily expose both ourselves, and the community of ATS, to ridicule and assertions as to credibility.

Chapman & Company, as stated by LazarusTheLong, has done nothing more than prove an already well-known and documented fact. Those who want to believe in something can be manipulated to believe almost anything.

That being said, I anxiously await the return of Mr. Ryan if only to hear his squirm.

Back to work, folks.

I honestly hope this experience has not forced a jaded outlook on the benefits of actually Denying Ignorance!

Just my $.02

[edit: spelling: coincidental]

[edit on 1/30/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
155 pages later.....

I still think this has to do with selling a book, whose book? I'm not sure, Ryan, Martinez, "Chapman", Burisch, some name we haven't heard yet, etc.... the list can go on...

and while this is still pretty damn interesting, I've been following this thread daily, my reasons for believing this was a hoax was the little hiatus that "Anonymous" took after promising pictures and then his/her consequent return with an even more outlandish tale and no pictures.

One thing is for sure... I ain't buying your book unless it has pictures

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just to let you know I am sitting on the fence on this but want to propose a theoretical argument so that we don't rush into any conclusions regarding this as an immediate hoax with obvious hoaxers.

As crazy as it sounds, if this story were in fact true there would definetely be a huge organised effort to discredit it in a believable manner. I know if I where in the position of 'the powers that be' I would not want this sort of information to be leaked for much longer than it has to and would be willing to go to long measures to ensure this.

That being said, for all I know I could just be a fabricated story simliar to sci-fi or in fact a university thesis.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Bring A Good Seat Cushion

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
I'm holding my place on the fence a little longer!

The view from the fence is always the clearest.

As for locking the thread, I see no reason to lock it now that it's starting to get interesting -- though locking the thread is not my call to make.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Someone has been attempting to deceive us. I want to know who, and I want to know why.

Once I know that, I can evaluate the rest of the story.

Until I know that, there's no point in doing so.

Here's to keeping our balance and not falling off on either side.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This loser is just some bored, no-life having individual with plenty of time on his hands and a desperate need to bring attention to himself.

Chapman has no part in Serpo!!
He just followed it very closely and comment and supplied little tidbits of information that could not be proved to be relevant to the discussion.

All Chapman's first posts were intended to show Serpo as a hoax. (It very well may be, but Chappedass is no mastermind conductin an experiment)
Now all of a sudden He's like "Ooops, you got me. I confess. I'm gonna stop perpetuating this hoax i created."
It's just more smoke and mirrors from some bored loser.

Go away chapman. We'll debunk this hoax without any more of your non-sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wait... I walk away for one hour and everything goes bananas???

If this was just four guys playing a game in London.... how did Strieber, Doty, and the others get together for that C2C interview? I know that they may not be telling the truth... but that seems like a pretty huge, and pretty risky, game.

Also... as I have for a few days... I suspect that 'Chapman' may be trying to discredit the story. I never took his posts seriously and was always suspicious of the way he latched onto all of this.

The bottom line is that we need to hear from Bill.

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join