It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well let chapman send an email to the Mods of ATS from the Anonymous email address. He can also upload some new pages to the serpo page

Then we will believe him.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron

Originally posted by decidedlyundecided
that the skeptics on this thread sorta just smirk to themselves about how the people who are willing to believe will fall for anything regardless of proof if someone is saying what we want to hear. some with their holy-er than thou attitudes.

But, ironically, The skeptics who all jumped up and started hoooting and hollering the moment someone claimed to be the principal of the serpo whirlwind and claims its all a hoax *sans facts and/or proof* will be getting a taste of their own medicine.

that doesnt make any sense. if i think that serpo was a hoax in the first place, i base that opinion on what was laid out in the serpo posts, NOT on whether someone says its a hoax or not.

without hard evidence, its just a bunch of fairy tales. this "willing to believe" stuff is getting perilously close to religion - you simply cant take things on "faith" alone, especially when dealing with such a huge question of whether we are alone in the universe or not.

sorry, but that's the scientific way. there wont be any jumping or hollering on my part, thats for sure.

well if there hasn't been, andwill not be any jumping or hollering on your part, please disregard my post, because i was not refering to you.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just read the new titor thread.....my minds set...now the only way I'll be able to believe anything..is if I'm actually in a ufo flying around...and I got my pocket razor ready for a hijack!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by el cid
lol i absouletly LOVE this thread...just for the entertainment value alone!

Me too. I am also Chapman. He has been banned. I don't have a problem with that he deserves it but I am hoping Skeptic Overlord will resurect him temporarily so that I can clear up some of this mess you guys have created for yourselves.

The first thing to say is that I do not know Bill Ryan and have no connection with him whatsoever. You could say that I am a lone gunman who has created a lot of different IDs on this forum. I am very surprised that many people have taken what I have posted so seriousley. The reason I created Chapman was only for a joke. Interestingly there was no implied reference by me to Chapman Pincher that was just something someone found out and ran with.

Some people may feel I have done wrong but I don't really see it that way. My intention was not to con people or make people look silly but more to test how easily people will believe what they read upon the internet. If somebody else had created Chapman and I had read it on the forum I don't think I would be able to tell if he was genuine or not.

It is interesting for me as a small time hoaxer because I have realised that instinctively I was doing many of the things that anon/Bill are doing. I was impersonating an old man. So is anon, this gives you a lot of leeway because when you make inevitable mistakes your audiance is likely to give you the benefit of the doubt if they believe you are old and unfamiliar with the internet. Interestingly Bill has made this excuse for anon. Also I was aware that chapman would have to make posts intermitantly, guerrilla style because if I was to stay and be put under analysis by people on here then my act would fall apart. This is very similar to what anon is doing.

I do not know anything about the Scientology thing. I only linked Chapman to that to continue my fun a little longer but it just shows how people get the wrong end of the stick and believe anything. I think it was Skeptic overl ord that said if there are disinformation agents then they don't need to work very hard coz people do it for them and it is true.

Out of fairness i wanted to explain that I am not linked to Bill or scientology at all. I am not gloating here in "a look at me I fooled you kind of a way" because it is not much of an acomplishment and most people could do it if they chose with a few google searches.

I hope this clears up some things.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by serpiansurfer]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tek
I too have been watching this from the beginning, and maybe it is a hoax, but maybe not.

I came across an e-mail on another board commenting that Bill's e-mails were bouncing off possible Carnivore servers in Ohio. So if this were all a hoax, and just merely a college thesis, why is the DoD interested?

Like wise I have followed this from the start and wonder if the DoD could intersept the e-mails and change them adding or changing things.

This would be a excellant way of killing this by saying its a hoax when it can't be denied as Mr. Ryan is out of reach for the best part of a week, also have anybody noticed the number of "Newbies" that have been runing this down who have only just joined, and whats the best way to call foul by saying "it was me" and then disapering into the night.

I wouldn't put it pass the "Intelligance" services of the worl to pull just this kind of deciption

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
No, Chapman can't upload more pages to the Serpo site or even place a huge HOAX sign at the top. We're not the only ones in this game. Boards all across the net are figuring this out for themselves and he'd be a fool to ruin it for them just to prove something to us.

This is my first contribution to the thread and i'm on the fence with the rest of the "wait and see" crowd. have my opera glasses and must say, i'm quite enjoying the show today. It makes me glad I took the day off work

Carry on, carry on. Surely there will be fireworks at the end of such a glorious display. I can't wait.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder how this hoax was originated...
was the Serpo story a fragment of an existing urban legend that
was expanded upon by the hoaxers?

Was it conceived of years ago, or recently?

If Chapman is really part of it- he owes us an explanation as to the origins-
as well as the purpose-

to gauge interest (as Bill Ryan's email said)...

interest in what? Aliens? Disclosure?

Before I react emotionally, I would like to know if there was a purpose for this
beyond a "thesis"... was any governmental agency involved- or just 4 guys from the UK?

Please Chapman- explain yourself.

Or Bill Ryan.

Somebody fill in the gaps here, now that the game is over.

TPM

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
Chapman (and other potential hoaxers) should also maybe keep in mind that (here in the states at least) intentional misdirection (fraud) by the private sector is a big fat Federal No No that probably won't even get your wrist slapped...

unless, of course, some crazy lawyer decides to take you to court and sue you for damages.

rock on
twj

Seeing as he doesnt live in the US, I doubt he gives a crap if its a federal no no.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
dude, who said we took you seriously, or this whole thing? this whole thing has been fun, even if it is fake.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just to be clear, for passers by,

The CASE for Serpo is not based on the writings of Serpiansurfer or Chapman. It is based on the info on Serpo itself... and the case against it has to be based on serious research.

SO... when a guy comes on the board and says he made it all up and that he had multiple names here it DOESN'T mean that he's telling the truth.... and it DEFINITELY doesn't mean that the pro-serpo (or at least anti-instant dismissal) arguments have to be thrown out. Why? Because few people here were basing their opinions on their info. In fact... I ALWAYS assumed that some of these guys were out to subvert the story. Why? Because they were new members with generic/random names who also promised a lot that couldn't be delivered.

Now... I am not bashing new members. I am bashing new members who sign up the day a controversy breaks for the sake of stoking it.

Seriously... the statements of Chapman and co. DO NOT debunk Serpo outright. After all, this guy/group may be:
1.Gov agents trying to discredit the story
2.Punks who latched onto the story after it had continued for awhile.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, if anything, this only reinforced our resolve to get to the bottom of things as sceptic UFO researchers, and that is exactly what we did, we never gave up our open mindness in this matter.

But I think it's obvious this is a hoax then, too bad, but I am not suprised.

Things weren't adding up with my research at all, the Eben was very close to what the grey were interpreted in the 1940's and 1950's based on the Rosswel eye witness accounts.

But the grey we know today has a large head, catlike yes covered by black lenses, back in the 80's they described their skin to be a one piece suit, but I don't think that's the case.

And Eben sounds familiar like from a old Sci-Fi movie...

We've been had...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by waffleprime
dude, who said we took you seriously, or this whole thing? this whole thing has been fun, even if it is fake.
Well I thought it was a fake very quickly, I even wrote it has all the classic signs of a hoax. I kept coming back to see the lengths people people woh want to believe would go to.

It was entertaining in that sort of way but wrong to string people along because they so desperately wanted to believe. Hell I wanted to believe but every bone in my body said it was a hoax.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by waffleprime

I am not sure its fake. It might not be. If it isn't fake then it is serious.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
1.Gov agents trying to discredit the story
2.Punks who latched onto the story after it had continued for awhile.

I vote for punks dreaming about being agents. (James Bond complex)

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think this thread is pooping out all the computing power at the Deny Ignorance Headquarters:

C'mon guys, the damn thing is a hoax. Give these guys a rest!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpiansurfer
Me too. I am also Chapman. He has been banned.....then later: The reason I created Chapman was only for a joke. Interestingly there was no implied reference by me to Chapman Pincher that was just something someone found out and ran with.

Ban this guys I.P. address...FOREVER !!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Flyer:

I'm actually checking into the international laws/agreements/treaties right now... currently it would seem I have a Very Strong case. Our government has an even stronger case.

Right now it seems pretty childish and nutso because we're talking about ufos and aliens..... but the words don't really matter; slander is slander *shrugs*

take the exact same story and substitute "secret government program that rounded up millions of (fill in your pet class of people here) and exterminated them in concentration camps"

and I think you (and perhaps others) can see the international implications of fraud/slander.

If just one hoaxster got nabbed and raked across the coals very publicly, there would be a Lot fewer crop circles...

rock on
twj

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If anyone is in contact with Chapman/Serpiansurfer & co....

Challenge them to send Bill Ryan a letter AS Anonymous. If it can fool Bill it would be proof of their claim that they were Anon.

Otherwise... despite the CoS controversy... I don't yet see a good reason to doubt Bill. The 'he was mentioned in connection with scientology on a website I found' argument hasn't discredited him (though it has raised questions). In fact... I can see no reason why any man would try to purpetuate a hoax while using his real name... such a thing would mean that any future job offers he might have would be gone forever.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Originally posted by serpiansurfer
Me too. I am also Chapman. He has been banned.....then later: The reason I created Chapman was only for a joke. Interestingly there was no implied reference by me to Chapman Pincher that was just something someone found out and ran with.

Ban this guys I.P. address...FOREVER !!

Probably that will happen but I can't see a reason to. If there has been any trouble caused is has been through people believing their own preconceived fantasies and then reinforcing them by poor research. Not by me creating a fictional character.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
* keeping up with this thread is killing my eyes!! Please someone lock this thread and only let chapman and Bill Ryan talk so I dont miss something in between the rantings.

Need glases now, thanks ATS.

(* mod edit please do not circumvent the censors)

[edit on 30-1-2006 by pantha]

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join