It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Originally posted by serpiansurfer
Me too. I am also Chapman. He has been banned.....then later: The reason I created Chapman was only for a joke. Interestingly there was no implied reference by me to Chapman Pincher that was just something someone found out and ran with.

Ban this guys I.P. address...FOREVER !!

I agree completely! dock me points if you want mods but you chapman/serpian or whoever you maybe, are an idiot getting to the bottom of things like the Serpo situation are difficult enough without prats like you sticking there oar in!

Maybe this is something the Mods should look into in the long term multiple accounts from the same I.P address sure there is something they can do to stop this happening again?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mfourl
* keeping up with this thread is killing my eyes!! Please someone lock this thread and only let chapman and Bill Ryan talk so I dont miss something in between the rantings.

Need glases now, thanks ATS.

Chapman is banned
I am his replacement. Or am I

(*mod edit to remove quoted profanity)

[edit on 30-1-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjonand I think you (and perhaps others) can see the international implications of fraud/slander.

it was a prank. nobody got hurt. if your feelings are hurt that you were fooled, that's kinda sad (not you in particular, everyone/anyone). Did anyone really think we were about to see actual disclosure? Did anyone get so jacked up over this that the news that it might not be true caused them harm?

if anything, the hoaxers should be paid a royalty for the entertainment factor. (and I should get a commission for thinking of that).

you can't sue someone for fooling you.

besides, no court is going to listen to a claim against a person or people who fooled with a large sci-fi geekfest (relax, I'm one of you).

can't you see the court process?
"ok, who wants to take the sci fi geeks vs. the pranksters?"
"ugh, I will but can I put a moratorium on jedi outfits and can we exclude all references to the Force?"
"Oh, and can we make sure I don't have to hear the word wookie once?"

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Socks On Parade

Me too. I am also Chapman. He has been banned. I don't have a problem with that he deserves it but I am hoping Skeptic Overlord will resurect him temporarily so that I can clear up some of this mess you guys have created for yourselves.

Since you've revealed this account as another sock puppet and yourself as Chapman, why not just clear everything up now?

After all, there seem to be some credibility issues surfacing as of late.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
doesn't there have to be actual DAMAGES in order to sue someone for slander?

i don't see any damages.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow can I get off this ride now

I think we should chill until he Hear from Bill:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Chapman is banned
I am his replacement. Or am I

The chapman account is post-banned.

I sent him a nice request to please vet his information through me before I return posting capabilities. It's been three hours since I made that request. He complained about the ban, read my request, but has not responded.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah... It seems that Chapman/Serpian is an attention hog and saw a relatively empty stage with a large audience in front of it and decided to improv a while.

I don't see what any of this has to do with SERPO though? He was obviously just playing this thread. What has that got to do with the validity of SERPO?

I think the Scientology connection is a much more interesting development today and I can't wait to see Mr. Ryan's explanation for it.

Still firmly fence sitting.... trolls don't scare me.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Along those lines, i don't know if you're aware of memetics, if I'm telling you something you already know then just ignore it. But it cetainly

relates to your quote.

Happy reading.

Spiderj

[edit on 1/30/2006 by Spiderj]

Thanks Spiderj! I do know about them but connecting additonal related information is always a plus. And I have not read much at all about them. This thead, if nothing else, is an excellent study in human phsychology. I'm glad more people are finding the "fun" here instead of choosing to feel used. No need to feel that way.

Back to story. Real disclosure would have it's enemies. The gov is not of one mind. The people with the most information will be the ones most likely to push towards disclosure. The people that are still trying desparately to hold onto their power will push against it. The reason is simple. The more information one has the more towards the center one gets. Less information, especially if chosen (blinders on), will polarize a consciousness one way or another. That's why there's so much religious debate.

If this were actual disclosure then it's being handled extremely well. The story is quite plausibly deniable at this point. It's firmly under control. Following the same MO as previous "hoaxes" does well in adding to it's deniability.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
This loser is just some bored, no-life having individual with plenty of time on his hands and a desperate need to bring attention to himself.

Chapman has no part in Serpo!!
He just followed it very closely, commented, and supplied little tidbits of information that could not be proved to be relevant to the discussion.

All Chapman's first posts were intended to show Serpo as a hoax. (It very well may be, but Chappedass is no mastermind conducting an experiment)
Now all of a sudden He's like "Ooops, you got me. I confess. I'm gonna stop perpetuating this hoax i created."
It's just more smoke and mirrors from some bored loser.

Go away chapman. We'll debunk this hoax without any more of your non-sense.

This also goes for Serpinsurfer (since they are the same person).

Go away. Stop wasting our time. No one wants to hear your weak argument in support of being an outright liar. You are pathetic.
You are not conducting some ground breaking social experiment here. What you've done could have been duplicated by anyone one on this forum if they chose to represent the lack of class that you have.
Thumbs way down. bah!!!!
Regards,
J DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
IMO ...

thread disintegration commencing!

Format complete

... where in Hades is HAL when you need that voice?

My $ .02, again ...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
My $ .02, again ...

I've been keeping track. you now owe $28.34

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I'm glad more people are finding the "fun" here instead of choosing to feel used.

I wouldn't say i call it fun
but a meme by any other name and all that.

Hope you enjoy the links and reading AOG.

It's too bad most people don't have access to the RATS thread on this which I think was probably one of the better and more useful purposes of RATS I've seen in a long time.

Not that I don't love my RATS subscription I do...please don't punish me

Spiderj

[edit on 1/30/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Way Of The Skeptic

Originally posted by Damocles
do i believe serpo is real? not especially. ive yet to see proof. however i am open minded enough to believe that it COULD be real.

Ditto.

Skepticism requires an open mind, cynicism requires the opposite.

In my opinion, if anyone has embraced any sort of religion as a consequence of what has been posted about Project Serpo -- pro or con -- they are probably deceiving themselves.

When you deceive yourself, you save others the trouble.

While Chapman/Serpiansurfer has been self-discredited, the field is still wide open for additional play.

The game ain't over yet, but it's definitely gotten more interesting.

Where things go from here is up to the players.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OK gang, I understand your frustration but let's keep in mind this is ATS, let's get this thread back to our standards and not throw names around.

Basically, a little chilling please.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
For those of you claiming it was/is all fun and games and that no one got hurt::

You can say that it's my fault that You ran into a crowded movie theater and shouted FIRE FIRE and I broke my leg trying to get out, when in fact there was no fire, it was all just a game, and I was an idiot for trying to get out of harms way when there was no danger.

But it's wrong to yell FIRE when there is no fire and said act is punishable by a variety of laws, both federal and international.

You can say that it's My fault that my wife just slapped divorce papers on me because of how the Serpo events of the past two months has effected this household, you can say it was all just a game, just a harmless diversion... but you Did run into the internet and shout Fire.

Yes, I CHOSE to believe you, you ran into my life and shouted Fire, and me, like an idiot, tried to protect my wife and baby daughter.

Silly Me.

What A Dunderhead I Am.

How could anybody else Possibly be even Remotely Responsible for their own actions???

Fun, ya right.

Watching someone explain to a judge why they tresspassed onto farmer Browns field and destroyed thousands of dollars worth of crops just to make some silly picture that can only been seen from the air would be FUN too.

mmph.

duty calls

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
if we continue to feel used, then that just makes the users feel accomplished, I or anyone else should not let that sway anything...and smile with good stride! try it! its' not only healthy! but, is a great troll repellant! I recommend it for anyone! its almost tantric!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
You can say that it's My fault that my wife just slapped divorce papers on me because of how the Serpo events of the past two months has effected this household,

I, for one, certainly hope this is NOT your current situation.

[edit to include]
Crakeur,
I think this makes it $28.36

Just my $ .02

[edit on 1/30/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think the Scientology connection is a much more interesting development today and I can't wait to see Mr. Ryan's explanation for it.

indeed. chapman/serpianwhatever have nothing to do with this at all. apart from making a public fool out of himself

the trouble with bill's cos / ron.org connection is that it seriously flaws his position within the serpo infomation loop. he was upfront about everything else in his life, except the cos/ron.org connection, and that ommision, by it's very nature, immediately flaws any methodology of information dissemination. as bill himself has said, you have to be honest and open about everything. and the cos have BIG links to space aliens and hybrids..

which, of course, begs a very serious question...

(nb: a note to 'skeptics'.

i am one of those 'believers' in ebe's / ufos, and it took this 'believer' to apply critical thinking and true scepticism to research and demonstrate the evidence regarding the cos/ron's.org connection.

most of the 'skeptics' are crowing 'i told you so'. but it was a believer who actually 'showed you so'. )

[edit on 30-1-2006 by lucianarchy]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The stakes are raised.
The fun is beginning now.
And here we sit
While Bill is having a cow.

(Sorry couldn't help it)

I am not truly, truly, truly, amazed by this turn of events. The path has been changed many times in so many ways this is just another.

Probably not the last though.

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join