It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
torbjon, as I said, nobody got hurt. if you were hurt you can sue for damages. However, no laws were broken so there's no criminal case against any hoaxers.

Imagine if you could have pranksters arrested for pulling pranks. my fraternity house would have been the jail house. (hmmm, maybe you're right).

Seriously, you cannot have someone arrested for putting up a story about aliens and claims that the story is true. you chose to believe without any real proof. your example of yelling fire in a crowded theater (funny how everyone knows that crime) doesn't fit here. someone yelled serpo on the net and nobody broke anything and nobody got hurt. if you lost your family or your job, sue the hell out of the hoaxers as they caused you harm. I'd bet against you and I'd make sure I was there when the serpo evidence was brought and I wouldn't miss your cross examination. that would be a real hoot.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
Flyer:

I'm actually checking into the international laws/agreements/treaties right now... currently it would seem I have a Very Strong case. Our government has an even stronger case.

Right now it seems pretty childish and nutso because we're talking about ufos and aliens..... but the words don't really matter; slander is slander *shrugs*

take the exact same story and substitute "secret government program that rounded up millions of (fill in your pet class of people here) and exterminated them in concentration camps"

and I think you (and perhaps others) can see the international implications of fraud/slander.

If just one hoaxster got nabbed and raked across the coals very publicly, there would be a Lot fewer crop circles...

rock on
twj
Since what he did is legal here, there is zero chance he would be handed over for a hoax on the internet.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
plus...in order for slander to be applicable, you have to PROVE that its false...i haven't seen any refutable info showing serpo to be false, just as i haven't seen any definitive info to show its true....

welcome to the internet!!!!!!!!!!!

the courts would probably treat a tort like slander on the internet, the way they do with slander in tabloids -- not harshly.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucianarchy
a note to 'skeptics'.

i am one of those 'believers' in ebe's / ufos, and it took this 'believer' to apply critical thinking and true scepticism to research and demonstrate the evidence regarding the cos/ron's.org connection.

most of the 'skeptics' are crowing 'i told you so'. but it was a believer who actually 'showed you so'.

Hear! Hear!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Most total registered members online all at once: 271 on Jan, 30 @ 15:45 GMT

lol!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
FINALLY, something I can comment on "intelligently". I just wanted to post a few tidbits before folks start lighting torches and gathering pitchforks in response to Chapman et al's comments related to this thread being his "research for a dissertation/thesis/class project".

Hailing from an academic ilk (I hold a Ph.D.), there are a few guidelines related to "Studies Involving Human Subjects". Sanctioned studies involving human subjects follow a VERY strict protocol of review/approval of all studies (pre-study). This review included review of test procedures, test instruments, validation/verification procedures as well as review of "instruments of informed consent"...btw this INCLUDES psych studies!

Failure to submit a request for research to the IRB (institutional review board) resulted in VERY bad juju on your head (you will, in all likelihood, be removed from the graduate program). As a point of information...even MODIFYING your study requires ancillary follow-on approval from the IRB.

Since I did my research work in the US, I was subject to the US standards (as specified by the DHHS). In the IRB approval is TRULY required for studys relating to psychology:

"Systematic investigation designed either to develop or contribute to
general knowledge in a field or to reveal human constructions of
knowledge."

researchcompliance.tamu.edu... pp5

Now IF this Chapman fellow is REALLY an academic...and is conducting a sanctioned study in the UK...He will be held to a similar standard. I did some checking on the University of Cambridge Research site and found similar documentation related to Human Subjects. The only "loophole" I found related to "informed consent", when that consent would skew the findings. HOWEVER, the researcher must fully document and get approval for ALL protocols....

www.bio.cam.ac.uk...

What does this mean? IF this individual REALLY is conducting research...and was LUCKY enough to get the "informed consent" waiver...Their study (as well as approval for the study) will be WELL documented (no University wants to get sued...). Please keep in mind that the protocol is WELL defined (there is no wiggle room for ad libbing). That means that Chapmans "decision" to come clean would have been predetermined PRIOR to commencement of the study...

I am not sure this adds any color to Chapman's "credentials"...IMHO, this person is NOT an academic conducting field research...

K

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

i am one of those 'believers' in ebe's / ufos, and it took this 'believer' to apply critical thinking and true scepticism to research and demonstrate the evidence regarding the cos/ron's.org connection.

most of the 'skeptics' are crowing 'i told you so'. but it was a believer who actually 'showed you so'.
Emphasis mine

How did you do this?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

a note to 'skeptics'.

hardly dear chap.
Alot of thoughful guys/girls tried "denying ignorance" after say page 5. The reception was enough to keep most silent but still watching - hence why the sudden influx of input from new posters.

Q.E.D id say - wouldnt you?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Seriously, you cannot have someone arrested for putting up a story about aliens and claims that the story is true. you chose to believe without any real proof. your example of yelling fire in a crowded theater (funny how everyone knows that crime) doesn't fit here. someone yelled serpo on the net and nobody broke anything and nobody got hurt. if you lost your family or your job, sue the hell out of the hoaxers as they caused you harm. I'd bet against you and I'd make sure I was there when the serpo evidence was brought and I wouldn't miss your cross examination. that would be a real hoot.
Also, you cannot arrest someone in another country because you believe what they did is illegal in your country. That would be as stupid as me wanting the British authorities to arrest an American because he owns a gun.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonke05
I am not sure this adds any color to Chapman's "credentials"...IMHO, this person is NOT an academic conducting field research...

K

Bravo! We're getting back to intellient people posting iinformation again!

Now - if only Bill could get access to a computer. I'd love to hear his response to all of this. Should be quite informative.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Nothing new on the Serpo.org site yet?
No word from Bill?
Has anyone began boiling oil?

[edit on 30-1-2006 by garyo1954]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer you cannot arrest someone in another country because you believe what they did is illegal in your country. That would be as stupid as me wanting the British authorities to arrest an American because he owns a gun.

not yet but we're working on it. give us time.

after the ranger game of course

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Nothing new on the Serpo.org site yet?
No word from Bill?
Has anyone began boiling oil?

Yeah, quite a few people but let's try to keep it from that please.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
Now - if only Bill could get access to a computer. I'd love to hear his response to all of this. Should be quite informative.

It shouldn't be too long now Shawnna, although he did say the B & B he is staying at doesn't have internet access.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

torbjon, as I said, nobody got hurt. if you were hurt you can sue for damages. However, no laws were broken so there's no criminal case against any hoaxers.

Imagine if you could have pranksters arrested for pulling pranks. my fraternity house would have been the jail house. (hmmm, maybe you're right).

ironicaly, this sort of 'taking people for jerks game' is outside of the law. which means it is often dealt with in a similar fashion.

the really funny thing is that chapman is too mentally immature to comprehend the machinations of such karma.

what goes around....

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

on the contrary, I'm guessing he will say something about how there are lots of people working to discredit the whole thing and how the new anon might not even be real (still needs to explain the oops factor on the deaths). He might even have a friend or contact on the email list who will verify that chapman was this that or the other thing and we all need to be really carefull with this.

incidentally, Victor supposedly reads this. Isn't about time he said something? I mean, he is being pulled down with the ship.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
For those of you claiming it was/is all fun and games and that no one got hurt::

The examples you give are in no way reflective of what's going on here. Was the Serpo Story released on a major television station as being true? Was the story released over the radio as being true? Is ATS acting as though the story is true? A resounding NO on all accounts.

This is ATS. A conspiracy theory related website. Nothing, I repeat, nothing on this site should be taken as fact (without full research). Did anyone sue the gov over the Y2K bug BS? Now that was a hoax of grand proportions.

Further, if there was an alien invasion there's nothing anyone can do to protect themselves from an enemy far more advanced than us. Even the elite are not safe in their bunkers from such an enemy. This is reality. Could the american indians stop the white man from taking their land? Rational thought should not go out the window even if faced with overwhelming circumstances. In fact, it's at that moment when clarity of thought is your best weapon.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

He might even have a friend or contact on the email list who will verify that chapman was this that or the other thing and we all need to be really carefull with this.

I have already stated that Bill has said he has no knowledge of who chapman is and he suspected him after his (chapman) third post.

This post

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

incidentally, Victor supposedly reads this. Isn't about time he said something? I mean, he is being pulled down with the ship.

Hi Crakeur,

I can't blame Victor for staying up there in the rafters, if he joined the fray he'd just be put through the wringer like Bill.

I think Bill has to be applauded for coming back time after time to keep us in the loop. He doesn't have to, but I'm grateful as I know many others are that he does.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zep Tepi

Emphasis mine

How did you do this?

if you click on the 'serpo hoax?' banner atop this page, it'll take you to where i begin demonstrating the cos/ron's.org connection.

it doesn't really matter what bill says about his role in the cos/ron's.org now, given what he has already said about openness and honesty the ommision itself is the disqualification.

the way forward now is for anon to post direct to an ats cache.

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join