It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So what about Victor? Either he's in on the joke too, or one of the hoaxers pretended to be anonymous. If he's here I hope he says something.

You out there Victor?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If we're indeed at the end, I hope the perps will courteously give a full and detailed confession.
Also, big kudos to all the skeptics and the poster who Chapman referenced as undoing the story.

Let anyone who wants to say "I told you so" have at it - you deserve it.

(Time for me to get off the fence and into an easy chair...)

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
LOL
Never have so many on ATS done so much, and achieved so little.

There is no place for recriminations and abuse of the hoaxers. I entered the thread at page 60, realised there was nothing to substantiate the story and existed 5 pages later.

If people followed it through and worked hard to identify the truth, then they did it entirely of their own volition. No one was forced to believe this nonsence.

Its a factor of wanting to believe coupled with gullability that lead to all the work done here. You have no one to blame for that but yourselves.

If anything the people who uncovered the hoax should be proud of having solved a game (if that is what it was) but at the same time realised that it was nothing more than that. Their mindset of critical analytics will hold them in great stead for work in the "real world".

I suspect that many of the supporters will just move on from this wildly written piece of fiction to the next piece of fiction that hits the net and swallow that hook line and sinker as well. Their motivation comes from a need to want to believe in aliens, rather than a need discover the truth. In other words suckers will always be suckers and have no one but themselves to blame because of it.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Netchicken]

link   
Jeez. I am just so taken aback. I can't believe that this is a hoax.
Well, not really a hoax, because as I said earlier, a hoax has some level of plausibility. This one is so poorly done, it's better called a prank. So, maybe we can put this one to bed and wait for the next wisenheimer college student to come along with a new one.

[edit on 2006/1/30 by GradyPhilpott]

link   

Originally posted by proserpinfrmr
"Oh no, we're caught. Quick, use our plan to pretend it was a thesis on something so that they don't look further into our game for recruitment. Distract. Distract."

Absolutely!!! WAKE UP YOU GUYS!!! This is all too convenient! This is a distraction from the truth about all this - and trust me - the rabbit hole goes deep!!! Very, very deep.

We aren't fools "Chapman"! Well..... most of us aren't!!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
This is my first post in this thread... I stopped reading/caring after about page 5. All I have to ask is:

Really, are you all that surprised?

Since this site is based around Deny Ignorance, what gut instinct told you that this was all BS only after five pages.
Its just i'm intrigued what tell tale signs you picked up, and how you came about your choice.
Me personally, i wanted to see how this all panned out.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can we start a new hoax? I hate getting in on the arse-end of a good hoax.

Man, this thread put Prophet Yahweh to shame.

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm having a great time reading the tags people
have put on this thread. Those are VERY
entertaining and expressive!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
so this guy "chapman" comes on and says its a hoax....but where is the proof ??

wait until Bill Ryan comes back before everyone jumps ship....are you all gonna let some nonname come here and kill this because he says so ??

I am still on the fence on this.....

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Can we start a new hoax? I hate getting in on the arse-end of a good hoax.

Man, this thread put Prophet Yahweh to shame.

Peace

Or maybe "Chapman" hired Prophet Yahweh to play 'Victor'?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Stepping down off the fence for a second, doesn't this sudden appearance of Chapman and the others that have joined in just recently seem a bit to
organized? Bill is out of communication for a time and the gig is up? Me smells a skunk? Sorry but I am not totally ready to toss in the towel yet.
Not until Bill Ryan or Victor have a chance to give thier side of the story!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapman
That is true Shawnaa shot my theory out of the sky with his/her analysis but nobody followed up on it and we moved the thread in a different direction pretty quick.

when I called Bill on the immediate "authentic" remark after your second post he finally started responding to me.

more important, who else was in on it with you?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Am I missing something?

I'm slightly confused as to what has happened over the past few pages or so. Someone comes in here posts a few times, and then admits that this is a hoax or prank that they have manufactured for a college course and everyone comes out of the woodwork sayin 'I told you so". If this person can back up there claims then fair enough but If they can't then we are still in the same position we were before or like I said am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
this whole thing was a hoax / game???

wow...

didn't see that comming...

good job to all the members who proved this a hoax...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So ... these were just a bunch of lies to get
people all worked up and to do 'work' checking
out bogus info and making everyone involved
waste time so as not to find out what you were
really up to? Lies and more lies?

lies and more lies...and then don't forget the REACTION to the revelation it was all lies...a hoax...

this reaction playing out nicely and going on presently...need I say more?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can't believe anyone is angry, upset over this. IIf it is a hoax/game, it was a blast. It was fun. It was a mystery of sorts. Spiderj and I had a hell of a good time in U2U's talking about all the new signups and which ones we should ignore, be wary of etc.

I, for one, am grateful for the entertainment.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
Stepping down off the fence for a second, doesn't this sudden appearance of Chapman and the others that have joined in just recently seem a bit to
organized? Bill is out of communication for a time and the gig is up? Me smells a skunk? Sorry but I am not totally ready to toss in the towel yet.
Not until Bill Ryan or Victor have a chance to give thier side of the story!

And believe me when they do, they will DEFINITELY have a very good 'story' to tell. I'm quite sure it will keep most of those who refuse to do the research required to get an idea of how far down - and wide - this rabbit hole is!!!

There is way more to this than what you are being led to believe by our friend "Chapman".

[edit on 30-1-2006 by No1Uno]

link   

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
Am I missing something?

I'm slightly confused as to what has happened over the past few pages or so. Someone comes in here posts a few times, and then admits that this is a hoax or prank that they have manufactured for a college course and everyone comes out of the woodwork sayin 'I told you so". If this person can back up there claims then fair enough but If they can't then we are still in the same position we were before or like I said am I missing something?

Absolutely - this smells like a "PLAN B" - back the heck out when the game is up. Make up a believable cover story so people don't dig any further.

Problem is, the cover story isn't any more believable than the original Serpo story.

-rdube02

link   
Positive Negative

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
so this guy "chapman" comes on and says its a hoax....but where is the proof ??

That seems to be developing -- rapidly.

Ship Of Tools

wait until Bill Ryan comes back before everyone jumps ship....are you all gonna let some nonname come here and kill this because he says so ??

What need does this “ship” have for passengers?

If the story is true, it does not require our belief.

If it is not true, however, its relevance depends solely on our belief.

Fencing Match

I am still on the fence on this.....

From where I'm sitting, the fence is rather lonely.

It has been mildly interesting to watch this drama unfold, but for me the only real payoff in this matter lies in the endgame.

And here we are.

For what it's worth, I'm still not ready to conclude anything about all this, other than that deja vu is a real phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I find it interesting that a couple of you have stated that we need to wait until Bill Ryan get's back next week to call this a Hoax.

Come on, wakie wakie! I am sure "Bill Ryan" , or whatever his name is or whatever, has not gone *anywhere*.

On another note: I don't think the hoaxers should be banned. They provided quite an interesting story (lie) and were quite good at making some of us believe it. Their undoing was only when they got out of hand with the story. They should have left the story way in the beginning and it would still be believed. Those rediculously detailed log entries and the bad logistics of the story could have been left out and it would have been believed * TO THIS DAY *.

That was their downfall. They had WAY too many details which were badly included.

However, that being said, PLEASE PLEASE write another story / game for us to go with. It sure did make this site more interesting!

Thank you for that. I, for one, am not mad at these people.
If I am mad about anything, it's that their imaginations got the best of them and they included too many unplausable details. That's it.

Too bad some really believed this in their hearts. Now that is sad and of course they will be mad at you for a long time, you liars!

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join