It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman has epic meltdown over ‘not real’ passenger on American Airlines flight...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Amen to your excellent post. TonyS's comments disturbed me also, nobody chooses to be mentally ill & those who are need compassion & support, exactly as you said, it's not about them being evil or irresponsible, it's just health issues, and we all should be grateful rather than spiteful when it comes to the suffering of others as compared to the blessings we ourselves are privileged to enjoy.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I think you're on the wrong site pal. The stars attributed to the posts of members whom you are having a go at clearly show that the entirety of the ATS crowd believes you are clearly in the wrong on this issue, and yet you keep trying to spin it as though you're the only one who is sane & on-topic. You can't ignore the posts of other members then get upset with people who call you out for not properly assessing the bulk of all the evidence. You claim this is a nothingburger because most other passengers didn't see what she saw - but if this was an incident involving high technology such as hologram-generated masks, then it is quite possible that she witnessed a glitch, was totally freaked out, but then none of the other passengers saw the mask glitching, hence 'nothingburger' in your eyes.

Holographic masks are a real possibility in the modern day, as you would know if you had any understanding of the field of holographic projection - have you never seen the dinosaurs, the whales, the aeroplanes flying around in the sky where they set up these holographic projectors? Even ten years ago they were incredibly impressive. I saw a stationary aeroplane in the sky a couple of years ago - drone technology being experimented with here in the UK. Lots of people were seeing such things back then, it was clearly state of the art technology being tested by the various governments or private interests.

A commercial application for generating alternative facial features is certainly a possibility in the very high-end spycraft arena, I would think, by this stage - so it's quite possible that even this fairly mundane explanation could lead to someone having an extreme reaction if they witnessed a glitch in the projection momentarily, which other people didn't see, for example. Your insistence on saying that this is nothing of any interest or even a possibility of any sort just shows your ignorance, in all fairness, and you need to open your mind a little to the weird possibilities of very advanced technology.

Certainly you should stop insisting that the only post to which one is to reply is the OP. That is a VERY weird stance to hold on a site like ATS, where member discussion is not limited to solely the OP.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I don't believe they should be punished. But yea, they need to be separated from normal society. There's no cure for extreme forms of mental illness and so often these people just go off their meds and wreak havoc. They need to be able to live out their lives in a controlled/supervised environment.

This is stunningly ignorant nonsense. You clearly have zero understanding of what severe mental illness actually is, and you clearly have no expertise to impart regarding how people with severe mental illness problems should be treated for their conditions. I strongly suggest you read a book named 'Human Givens'. It's easy to look up. It talks about the revolutoinary understandings which are being wrought in the sphere of mental health treatment over the past few years. Did you know that schizophrenia is caused by the brain being unable to 'switch off' the REM dreaming function which usually only operates during REM sleep during the night? Basically the schizophrenix is constantly dreaming even while totally awake & engaged with the world around them. When that person has no understanding of what is happening to them, they are fearful of their hallucinations, and the set/setting situation (the interaction between mindset & the features of the physical environment) blows up out of control, basically turning into something akin to a bad '___' trip, full of frightful terrors. However, when the schizophrenic person is counselled in an aware manner, made to understand that their mind is constantly dreaming, then they are able to learn strategies to disarm their anxieties, and reduce the overall fearfulness of their situation. In so doing they become calmer, less prone to unusual behaviours, able to detune from the hallucinations in some cases, to mitigate the effects & live a fairly normal life.

There is no way that in the 21st century such ignorant nonsense as that which you have conveyed should be believed, by anyone. There is no excuse. We all need to be aware of the mechanics of mental illness - because you never know, it could affect you, your spouse, your brother, your son or daughter. You wouldn't want them to be imprisoned in some supervisory hospital setting for the rest of their days, would you? Of course not. You'd want them to receive help & support, and counselling which is effective in helping them to manage their condition, so they can live with minimal supervision in a safe community based setting. To section them in a hospital & forget about them is basically the same protocol as was used in the asylums of the nineteenth century - lock them up in a padded cell & throw away the key. Very enlightened 21st century protocol you're advocating there.....

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I'll back you up with the holographic.

I woke up in the middle of the night one time with a gremlin silhouette plastered to my bedroom window. About a meter tall it was, like out of the movie of the same name.

I watched it for a few minutes sitting upright in bed. I wasn't gonna let that thing out of my sight.

When it disappeared it didn't move or fade.

The thing pixelated.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NewNobodySpecial268

Wow, I got the creeps just hearing this story! Was it a neighbor playing games with you?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Good post. I did not know about the theory that schizophrenia is related to dream state. Makes sense particularly for anyone that has experience very lucid dreams. I felt like I could relate to what it must be like to be burdened with this disorder.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Nope, not a prank. Not long after, I was standing at my kitchen bench flicking through my cell phone which was flat on the bench.

Just to my left a head appeared on the bench. Life size, monochromatic. Low forehead and reminiscent of a chimpanzee. Huge eyes which were closed.

I froze and watched it. It did half a dozen clockwise turns from say six o'clock to two o'clock. Then disappeared and reappeared in the original place.

I could see the minute details like tiny hairs and skin wrinkles. I can't ordinarily see that well even with my glasses.

I reckon it was calibrating. My theory is it is a 3D virtual reality projection. Because it's eyes were closed, I reckon if the eyes were open it would have seen me and inside my home. The busiest location that had a view of my computer monitors and keyboard.

My daughter showed me her 3D VR occulus headset not long after. The mild disorientation was the same as when I watched the bust.

There is some awesome tech out there. Just wish they would have some manners.

edit on 10-7-2023 by NewNobodySpecial268 because: typos

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Where was this phenomenon coming from?! It would have scared me spitless!

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I dunno where it was comming from. The bust was very sophisticated compared to the gremlin.

Strange things come in three's people say, so did this one.

The first was getting woken in the middle of the night by rustling in a cardboard box of junk. In the moonlight I could see a black silhouette about a meter tall. A tall pointy head like pictures of dwarfs in fairy tails.

I watched it in the darkness. When it stopped rummaging in the box it moved left to right just beyond the end of my bed.

As it moved a tingling sensation ran up my legs like it had an electric field. When the tingling reached my waist I reached for my phone and it disappeared.

Nothing in my house.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's probably a mental health issue. ... Not her fault, really.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Quite obviously, you don't live in the US. We all are on the lookout for being touched by mental illness. It's everywhere, all the time. Road rage, air rage, people being shoved off subway platforms, random acts of violence, school shootings. It's omnipresent.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

3 all in one location? I wouldn't wait around for another. I'd get the hell out of there!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join