It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What actually happened at the Capitol.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm not so sure of that, and I cannot find anything more specific than this in terms of exact timing:

The speech began at noon Eastern time on January 6, 2021, as seen from the time stamp on this video broadcast of the speech on C-SPAN2. Given the speech's length of about 1 hour and 12 minutes, it ended at about 1:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST).

As noted in the ABC News article, Trump's speech was delivered from the Ellipse across the street from the south lawn of the White House. From the location of the speech to the Capitol is a little more than a mile and a half.

According to tweets by Washington Post reporters, barricades were first breached at the Capitol at about 1:00 P.M. EST. Post reporter Rebecca Tan tweeted this video at 1:00 P.M. The tweet was retweeted by Post reporter Mike DeBonis at 1:06 P.M. Note that the time stamp on tweets is based on the location of the person viewing the tweet, as explained in this article in Adweek.

Based on this information, it appears that the breakdown of the barricades began at least 12 minutes before Trump's speech ended, by people who were over a mile and a half away from Trump.

Timing doesn't line up for Trump to have incited violence at the Capitol

If you have more, or can point me in the right direction, I'm happy to know better. I've looked, but I see far more about how it happened than when it happened. Some of which does suggest there was activity at the Capitol while Trump was still speaking. So for now, this is the best information I've got.

Although, I would agree that there should be much better information out there. Someone knows the exact time.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Watched a video by press for truth about this this morning

www.bitchute.com...

It all does seem to be a little convenient and the reaction and aftermath do seem to work in favour of the side trying to control the world's narrative.

FBI Director Chris Wray was the dear leader?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Firewater

Remember the days when every government action was questioned by the ATS membership?

It wasn't that long ago really.

That was before ATS forgot Sorcha Faal was a Soviet.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
But NO ONE outside Trump's cult believes this was ANYONE BUT TRUMP SUPPORTERS. Let try to at least pretend to deny ignorance.

Yes, let's...

Why is it that some people seem to be incapable of understanding that virtually nothing is or will ever be 'all or nothing'.

No one is saying that this was 'all AntiFA' or other radical leftist infiltrators.

What we are saying is that:

1. Emotions were extremely high (hopefully you can at least agree on that),

2. There were some AntiFA and other radical infiltrators there (if you claim otherwise, then you are simply denying reality - they were caught on video all over the place), and

3. There were some Trump supporters that got caught up in the heat of the emotional aspect, and joined in those who entered the Capital building

I submit to you that there was not one Trump supporter that was leading the charge, but I'm willing to have my mind changed if proof can be provided.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

George Soros paid ANTIFA and BLM to act like the right and stormed the capitol. Republicans had nothing to do with it, and weren't even in DC.

The Trump supporters saying they were going and admitting they did this on Parler, Twitter, and even here on ATS was actually concervatives setting up the ANTIFA and BLM Soros puppets to commit sedition. They block chained the vaccine to track libs.

This is all coming out next week, and all the libs are going Gitmo.

4d chess at its finest.

This is an honest question. Is this satire or are you being serious? I just can't freaking tell anymore.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So what's the story behind the cop/security guy that was killed at the Capital?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Lot's of evidence filmed while the event happened. Looks like Antifa and the like instigated the break in. They were also let in by police. They wanted it to be much worse, but Trump supporters were not influenced as much as a normal mob would be. They are using it to damage Trump even though he only wanted peaceful protest.

This is from a site that the government doesn't want you to see. If you have a low IQ, are the gullible type or you aren't yet 12 years of age. Parental guidance is advised. You may want your mama to hold your hand and tell you to look away if necessary.

Failed False Flag: High Level Military Intel Source: DC Capitol Riot Was Meant To Be Much Larger

So all you guys have got is "some bigger boys did it and ran away"? That excuse never really worked either.

And Alex Jones?

edit on 11-1-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

George Soros paid ANTIFA and BLM to act like the right and stormed the capitol. Republicans had nothing to do with it, and weren't even in DC.

The Trump supporters saying they were going and admitting they did this on Parler, Twitter, and even here on ATS was actually concervatives setting up the ANTIFA and BLM Soros puppets to commit sedition. They block chained the vaccine to track libs.

4d chess at its finest.

This is an honest question. Is this satire or are you being serious? I just can't freaking tell anymore.

You don't know how much that question means to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

4d chess at its finest.

You don't know how much that question means to me.

lol, you're welcome. #s getting hard to keep track of with all these chess moves.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Boadicea

Trump’s speech started a little before noon, went for a little over an hour, and the first breach was reported around 2 pm.

This says

despite the President calling for “peaceful” protests and the “cheering on” of Congressmen – their own article admits the “first wave of protesters arrived at the Capitol about 12:40pm.”

President Trump’s speech didn’t conclude until 1:11pm, and with at least a 45-minute walk between the two locations with crowd-related delays, that would put the first people from Trump’s speech at Capitol Hill no earlier than 1:56pm – a full hour and sixteen minutes after troublemakers arrived.

In fact, rioters who breached the perimeter would have had to leave before Trump’s speech even began (at 12pm precisely) to make it in time for the events as they are detailed by authorities.

The Washington Post also states: “Sund’s outer perimeter on the Capitol’s west side was breached within 15 minutes,” meaning the Capitol was breached over an hour before Trump speech attendees could have even begun to arrive.

This correlates with Sund’s interview, where he admits: “I realized at 1pm, things aren’t going well… I’m watching my people getting slammed.”

thenationalpulse.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm not so sure of that, and I cannot find anything more specific than this in terms of exact timing:

The speech began at noon Eastern time on January 6, 2021, as seen from the time stamp on this video broadcast of the speech on C-SPAN2. Given the speech's length of about 1 hour and 12 minutes, it ended at about 1:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST).

As noted in the ABC News article, Trump's speech was delivered from the Ellipse across the street from the south lawn of the White House. From the location of the speech to the Capitol is a little more than a mile and a half.

According to tweets by Washington Post reporters, barricades were first breached at the Capitol at about 1:00 P.M. EST. Post reporter Rebecca Tan tweeted this video at 1:00 P.M. The tweet was retweeted by Post reporter Mike DeBonis at 1:06 P.M. Note that the time stamp on tweets is based on the location of the person viewing the tweet, as explained in this article in Adweek.

Based on this information, it appears that the breakdown of the barricades began at least 12 minutes before Trump's speech ended, by people who were over a mile and a half away from Trump.

Timing doesn't line up for Trump to have incited violence at the Capitol

If you have more, or can point me in the right direction, I'm happy to know better. I've looked, but I see far more about how it happened than when it happened. Some of which does suggest there was activity at the Capitol while Trump was still speaking. So for now, this is the best information I've got.

Although, I would agree that there should be much better information out there. Someone knows the exact time.

People are apparently forgetting to reset their watches and phones and data instruments when they change time zones.

Per Fox News (which had reporters there and was filming and has all the timestamped codes):
Trump's speech began at 11 am The Link to Fox News

1:10 pm was the start of the debate

1:47 pm was when the first clashes began.

This is from a single source (not timestamps on a number of different videos with timestamps ranging from Eastern standard time to Central standard time or Mountain standard tie (etc))

The information in the post is wrong.

Fox News is correct.

You can confirm this with your favorite "on the grounds" reporting that was tweeting/blogging live as the action occurred. You'll see that the Fox News timeline is right and the one in the post there is totally off the wall.

But don't take my word for it. Go look at the livestream and blogs -- but be aware of time zone differences (I can snap a picture if my camera is in DC and the timestamp (updated) will show 1pm EST... but if I upload it to a California server, the timestamp on "when I posted the picture" will usually show up as "posted at 10 am PST" -- so be aware of this.)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There are videos circulating showing what may be this guy... someone throwing a fire extinguisher at him. Other videos show members of the mob pulling down a police officer and beating him with flagpoles. Several stomped on him.

There's other videos, some of which are in that article. This is from an European news site, not the usual "MSM" everyone yells about. You can find the videos on TikTok and Twitter as well.

Apparently some were singing the Star Spangled Banner.

Surprisingly, even The Daily Caller has similar videos... and they don't sound very supportive of this.

Another officer was crushed in a doorway - they're not reporting on injuries but it sounds like he and the one who was body-checked over a railing into the crowd below are probably still in the hospital.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

People are apparently forgetting to reset their watches and phones and data instruments when they change time zones.

Per Fox News (which had reporters there and was filming and has all the timestamped codes):
Trump's speech began at 11 am The Link to Fox News

Thank you -- I will check it out!

Go look at the livestream and blogs -- but be aware of time zone differences...

Definitely... as confusing as it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

There are videos circulating showing what may be this guy... someone throwing a fire extinguisher at him. Other videos show members of the mob pulling down a police officer and beating him with flagpoles. Several stomped on him.

There's other videos, some of which are in that article. This is from an European news site, not the usual "MSM" everyone yells about. You can find the videos on TikTok and Twitter as well.

Apparently some were singing the Star Spangled Banner.

Surprisingly, even The Daily Caller has similar videos... and they don't sound very supportive of this.

Another officer was crushed in a doorway - they're not reporting on injuries but it sounds like he and the one who was body-checked over a railing into the crowd below are probably still in the hospital.

Thanks for the post. It sucks, I don't know who or what to believe anymore. I haven't watched the video as I just don't like to see that kind of stuff but I hope they can identify and arrest those involved.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The 2 pm time came from a statement the outgoing chief made the day of or day after the riot. Loathe as I am to cite wiki, there’s an article about the riot that gives a nearly minute-by-minute breakdown of what happened and when. Crowds started showing up at the capitol about half an hour into the speech, and then a larger crowd moved from the ellipse to the capitol when the speech ended. By that point the outer cordon had already collapsed and USCP was pulling back closer to the buildings. Half an hour after the speech ended, so around 2:00, the first breach of the building is cited.

Take that for what it’s worth I suppose

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ahhhh... wiki... thank you!

I know to take it for what is worth, but they often cite many articles -- especially breaking the stories -- so it's not a bad place to start.

I have been checking out other links from the days before the rally which stated Trump was scheduled to speak at 11:00, so it's noteworthy no one (that I've read) has commented Trump spoke late.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I am so angry at the bull they come out with to hide there part in it!
The cop thet led them into the building,
they now say he did a good and was a hero????

Fox, Capitol police officer Eugene Goodman hailed as 'a hero'

"A US Capitol police officer is being called a hero for singlehandedly steering a mob away from the Senate chambers during the deadly riots.
Footage of the officer, identified as Eugene Goodman, shows him just steps ahead of rioters as they chase him up a flight of stairs.
Mr Goodman is then seen glancing towards the Senate entrance before luring the men in the opposite direction. "

what about the cop out side waving them in?
so you Can fool all of the people all of the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

You mean the cop that lead the mob away from the senate chamber after they were already inside the building?

Talk about “coming out with bull” when you’re not even correct about who was where and when. Lol

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Right. A bunch of middle aged rednecks with neckbeards are Antifa. Most of the people who stormed in have been identified, and they absolutely are NOT Antifa. They're cult 45 members.

lol Trump supporters don't wear helmets, that's an Antifa thing. Of course both sides have bad apples but don't be so naive as to think there wasn't Antifa there at all LMFAO

The main point to bring up here is that the so called "riots" happened before Trump even finished his speech so the whole narrative that he incited violence at his rally and all those people started storming the capitol is straight up BS. I still can't believe people on this site actually believe the media, this site of all places.
edit on 12-1-2021 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
The main point to bring up here is that the so called "riots" happened before Trump even finished his speech so the whole narrative that he incited violence at his rally and all those people started storming the capitol is straight up BS.

This is literally debunked on this page. But you keep repeating it, eventually it will become your reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join