It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
What it would take would be for me to experience a miracle myself, or directly know someone and witness the miracle happen to them etc..

I appreciate this candidness and agree despite any consequences that may come with it. My prayer then would be to get this experience, know and/or witness the miracle in your life. When it does, I'm totally looking forward to hearing about it. Hopefully this account then builds an awareness that they do indeed happen and to keep an eye out.

Or maybe sometime soon for Jesus to actually fulfill a pretty important prophecy, which is to come back to earth, the rapture and all that.. and well.. only then could I ever say 'looks like I was wrong'..

Yeah, hope that doesn't have to happen. A puzzle for me are the doomsayers who want this to be the proof...but there is a much much easier way.

But even then, I still don't agree with a lot of what God does.. Like you said 'he creates, therefore he can destroy'.. I just don't agree with that.. So if you're right.. Then i'm happy going to hell,

Ah, the voice of inexperience. I got my toes dipped in, that was enough hell for me for two lifetimes.

as I don't agree with the actions of God..

I understand, you'd rather be god and calling the shots. All the best with that

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Ah, the voice of inexperience. I got my toes dipped in, that was enough hell for me for two lifetimes.

It's not inexperience at all.. I just don't agree with a lot of what happens in the bible.. Such as flooding the entire world just to rid it of a few bad people.. That's like nuking Iraq just because you wanted to get a few terrorists.. I wouldn't agree with God and the flooding, and I wouldn't agree with a world leader using that tactic of nuking..

I understand, you'd rather be god and calling the shots. All the best with that

Not at all.. I don't want to be God. I just don't agree with his morals and what he does just because he (in your words) 'creates, therefore he can destroy'..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
out of curiosity- a survey as recent as 2005 of worldwide religous beliefs resulted in 2.1 billion Christians, and approximately 4.6 billion people that follow other religous beliefs (Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, non secular, traditional Chinese relgions, and so on....)

Now, who's to say who's belief is right or wrong?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's not inexperience at all..

I'd like to hear about your experience with hell if you're willing to share.

I just don't agree with a lot of what happens in the bible.. Such as flooding the entire world just to rid it of a few bad people..

A few? Where does it say that? Okay, supposing 1 innocent person was in that flood. What do you think God would do with that innocent person post-mortem?

That's like nuking Iraq just because you wanted to get a few terrorists..

Different entirely. Nuking Iraq is man's decisioning. We're taking lives we did not create.

I wouldn't agree with God and the flooding, and I wouldn't agree with a world leader using that tactic of nuking..

I don't put my faith, hopes and trust into a world leader either. Mankind is flawed and we can prove it.

Not at all.. I don't want to be God. I just don't agree with his morals and what he does just because he (in your words) 'creates, therefore he can destroy'..

You want a god that is tailored to your morals? (see above about mankind being flawed) Ah, to you want to be the engineer for god, not god yourself?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purgatory
out of curiosity- a survey as recent as 2005 of worldwide religous beliefs resulted in 2.1 billion Christians, and approximately 4.6 billion people that follow other religous beliefs (Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, non secular, traditional Chinese relgions, and so on....)

Now, who's to say who's belief is right or wrong?

Statics show that before Christ came to earth, there were no Christians. Staggering...

Hey, has anyone here been part of that survey? I know no-one called and talked to me about it.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'd like to hear about your experience with hell if you're willing to share.

Well it's a hypothetical if you were right about god, i'd rather go to hell.. i've not experienced heaven or hell.. so the thing swaying my choice is the fact that i can't agree with things God does..

Different entirely. Nuking Iraq is man's decisioning. We're taking lives we did not create.

it's that whole god can do it cause he created everything.. that's why in the hypothetical scenario that you're right, i'd rather go to hell whatever is there..

You want a god that is tailored to your morals? (see above about mankind being flawed) Ah, to you want to be the engineer for god, not god yourself?

no i don't want him tailored to my morals.. i don't agree with what he does.. i don't want a different god..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i agree with shaunybaby

if an unborn life is so precious to god, why is a whole lot of born lives meaningless?

god should learn to be a responsible parent to god's six billion and change kids

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well it's a hypothetical if you were right about god, i'd rather go to hell.. i've not experienced heaven or hell.. so the thing swaying my choice is the fact that i can't agree with things God does..

Gotcha. Spectators are always the experts on what the players are doing wrong. So a likewise dip in hell may change your mind? Personally I'd rather a slice of heaven would come your way so that you'd want to seek understanding in what God does rather than criticize his job. Of course your choice, but would hope something will come your way soon to help the decisioning.

it's that whole god can do it cause he created everything.. that's why in the hypothetical scenario that you're right, i'd rather go to hell whatever is there..

What do you hate? It's there...and it really "likes" you, sticking like glue. That's what it's like.

no i don't want him tailored to my morals.. i don't agree with what he does.. i don't want a different god..

Good, He's not one to change His morals for others.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Gotcha. Spectators are always the experts on what the players are doing wrong. So a likewise dip in hell may change your mind? Personally I'd rather a slice of heaven would come your way so that you'd want to seek understanding in what God does rather than criticize his job. Of course your choice, but would hope something will come your way soon to help the decisioning.

Whether or not God creates and is allowed to destroy.. I can't agree with something like killing the first born sons of the Egyptians.. That's taught as a literal story.. On that one thing alone I could not be a Christian.. It has nothing to do with a dip in hell or a slice of heaven or what I think the 'players' are doing wrong..

Quite frankly the 'he can destroy because he can create' ideology is pretty sickening.. I hope that's your own philosophy and not something that's universal in your religion..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Whether or not God creates and is allowed to destroy.. I can't agree with something like killing the first born sons of the Egyptians.. That's taught as a literal story.. On that one thing alone I could not be a Christian.. It has nothing to do with a dip in hell or a slice of heaven or what I think the 'players' are doing wrong..

Actually it is quite relevant. Revelation (amoung other books) tells us God is the judge. Just like on earthy courts, the innocent enjoy their freedom. So, instead of having to suffer here on earth, get get their free go into heaven. I don't know why you think earth is so fantabulous that it is greater than heaven could possibly be.

Quite frankly the 'he can destroy because he can create' ideology is pretty sickening.. I hope that's your own philosophy and not something that's universal in your religion..

I'm sure you can find many examples where you've assembled things, then taken them apart again. Why? Because you have the authority to do so. You made them, you can take them apart. It's a basic motor skill we learn around age 3. Granted life is much more precious, God has given that feeling to us for a reason and without a doubt He takes utmost care of it whether we think He does or not. He has gone a step further and gave us specific instruction on how to remain on the shelf.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Actually it is quite relevant. Revelation (amoung other books) tells us God is the judge.

I've never liked authority, God comes across too much as this 'judge'.. Doesn't suit me..

I don't know why you think earth is so fantabulous that it is greater than heaven could possibly be.

I'm living the here and now, that's why earth is greater than heaven.. Stop worrying about 'what might happen when you die' and concentrate on living..

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I've never liked authority, God comes across too much as this 'judge'.. Doesn't suit me..

Yeah, He's the judge. Sorry that doesn't suit.

I'm living the here and now, that's why earth is greater than heaven..

Mmmkay, glad life is dandy for you. Certainly not the case for those who have to live with the rape and violence in Africa or the living conditions for the general populace of Thailand, for example.

Stop worrying about 'what might happen when you die' and concentrate on living..

That's all well and good...until the day you die and each day thereafter.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm curious... If there's a God that created everything, do you think He has the right do be a judge?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yeah, He's the judge. Sorry that doesn't suit.

He's not my judge. I don't care that it doesn't suit, don't appologise.

Mmmkay, glad life is dandy for you. Certainly not the case for those who have to live with the rape and violence in Africa or the living conditions for the general populace of Thailand, for example.

Well God created it that way. If you're house fell down because it's structually unsound, you'd go see the guy who built it. So you better have a little one on one with God about all that, because you seem to have a problem dealing with it.

That's all well and good...until the day you die and each day thereafter.

There are no days after in my book. I'm not worried what happens, heaven, hell, afterlife, nothing. I'm not as hung up on it as you are. Obviously you're worried about it, hence the wanting salvation and unconditional love from some God.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well God created it that way.

Did he? I seem to recall a record about the fall of man.

If you're house fell down because it's structually unsound, you'd go see the guy who built it. So you better have a little one on one with God about all that, because you seem to have a problem dealing with it.

I do have one on ones with him. Certainly I encourage everyone to do the same. And, I do have a problem with what mankind has done.

There are no days after in my book. I'm not worried what happens, heaven, hell, afterlife, nothing. I'm not as hung up on it as you are.

I'm not hung up, it's secured.

Obviously you're worried about it, hence the wanting salvation and unconditional love from some God.

Salvation and unconditional love were a great bonus, but I wasn't looking for that at the time.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Did he? I seem to recall a record about the fall of man.

So one minute God is in control of everything, and creates, and destroys when he wants. Yet, the state of the planet and human life is man's fault. I shouldn't be surprised, afterall you admitted being a hypocrit. I'll just have to expect you to contradict yourself a bit more often.

I do have a problem with what mankind has done.

Deal with it then. The most intelligent, successful, powerful species on the planet and you're dissapointed.

Salvation and unconditional love were a great bonus, but I wasn't looking for that at the time.

No you were looking for something to fill your life. Christianity filled that for you. As it does with millions of other people who look for something to fill their life. Blind faith seems to have a habit of being good at filling people's lives.

I do have one on ones with him. Certainly I encourage everyone to do the same.

You sound like a JW. We're fine saint, we don't need saving. Go save some drowing kittens in the river.

There's just something wrong about 'I talk to God, I encourage everyone to do the same'. It's just twisted. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've never liked that general Christian-I'm-Better-Than-Everyone-Else mentality.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So one minute God is in control of everything, and creates, and destroys when he wants. Yet, the state of the planet and human life is man's fault.

While God is in control of everything, He is also always truthful and stands by what He says. Part of the creation account includes God giving man dominion over the Earth. He put us in charge; in doing that, He relinquished some control of the state of the planet to humanity. No hypocrisy here, no contradiction, just fulfillment.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So one minute God is in control of everything, and creates, and destroys when he wants. Yet, the state of the planet and human life is man's fault.

Yep. God gave man an opportunity to make a choice. It was a very black and white one. Do not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What did we do? Law, consequence for breaking the law. Welcome to jail.

I shouldn't be surprised, afterall you admitted being a hypocrit.

As are we all. Do you remember what I said I was a hypocrite about?

I'll just have to expect you to contradict yourself a bit more often.

Doesn't happen very often. Be sure to point out any gems you may find. I'm glad people are not following me, because of my flaws. My recommendation is that they follow the One who is flawless. Follow God, not me.

Deal with it then.

No, I'm going to do what I can to change it. I'm not going to waste what I've been given on just accepting violence, rape and poverty as "normal". It is not normal at all.

The most intelligent, successful, powerful species on the planet and you're dissapointed.

That's not saying much.

No you were looking for something to fill your life.

!Attention shauny! ...as I grow tired of repeating myself and being misunderstood. I was looking for freedom from a hellish pursuer. These other things - bonus.

Christianity filled that for you. As it does with millions of other people who look for something to fill their life.

Christianity certainly does fill a person's life, whether they seek that or not.

Blind faith seems to have a habit of being good at filling people's lives.

I disagree. Blind faith leads to doubt. A seeing faith removes doubt.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Do not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What did we do? Law, consequence for breaking the law. Welcome to jail.

You ever do something you're not supposed to? I hope you have. If you haven't or refuse to, then you're really not living at all. Rules are there to be broken.

Welcome to jail? I guess we view the world as very different things. It's not a jail at all. The Garden of Eden and God's overlooking judging eyes were the jail. Hypothetically Adam and Eve broke free.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Absolute Power of Christianity!

ALL Absolutes are absolute ridiculous!!!!

Just like all Extremists are extremely ridiculous!!!!

The only way to reach true enlightenment is to take everyone and everything as it/they come(s) with no attachment or pre judgement.

NeoN HaZe.

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join