It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 95
7
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
For the list of bible verses which I based my Joanna speculation on, read my thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


Thanks for sharing that, interesting theory whether I agree or not.




posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
And I thank you for that, it means a lot to me. You did not have to say that, and yet did. Agree or not, I will never say you are not totally correct in your faith, path, and actions. It is my sincere belief you are doing what is truly right for you. It is as valid, credible, and true as mine, and is only different because we are different, and so therefore have had different lives. It is very interesting reading your posts, and they have enlightened me on more than one occasion.
Blessings



posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
And I thank you for that, it means a lot to me. You did not have to say that, and yet did. Agree or not, I will never say you are not totally correct in your faith, path, and actions. It is my sincere belief you are doing what is truly right for you. It is as valid, credible, and true as mine, and is only different because we are different, and so therefore have had different lives. It is very interesting reading your posts, and they have enlightened me on more than one occasion.
Blessings


Cool! Honestly I like things with some thought behind them instead of the blurting tape-recorders I'm used to hearing. I had an idea of what your answers may be to my question and was happy to hear I was wrong and also glad that I was patient. I thought you were going to say something to the effect that it is an emotional book, compared to the logical Matthew, the historical Mark, or the fiery Luke since that's what I was thinking. I don't think Da Vinci was doing anything other than trying to sneak Mona Lisa into the painting or illustrating someone he knew. The man would probably be rolling on the floor laughing at how much more we think about what he did than what he did. I still think the author was a guy, since sacred texts would only be accepted if validated as such, but again, an interesting read. You didn't have just one reason, but a few thoughts thrown out there for review. Having an open-ended way of thinking invites not only criticism but a lot of constructive analysis as well. Sheesh! I took up a lot of space saying "good job" here, but wanted to encourage being open to possibilities. "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." All things possible with God? Now that is power



[edit on 24-1-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The idea that anything is impossible is, imo, impossible. You and I agree completely on the idea all things are possible. Nothing would surprise me.



posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
The idea that anything is impossible is, imo, impossible. You and I agree completely on the idea all things are possible. Nothing would surprise me.


Good! Hope validation comes to you soon. Let me know and if you'd like any assistance, feel free to U2U.



posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Heya Blackguard, wanted to know how things have been coming along. Has your search produced any results? Anything I can do to help?



posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I wanted to share with you this miracle from someone I know personally:

"Greetings in The Name of Our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.

I am asking for prayer...

Pauline - diagnosed with tumors on the back of the right eye - causing a stroke to the eye and causing other nerve/tissue complications

...the doctors cannot do the surgery to remove the tumor due to elevated blood pressure.

Kindly have the prayer team bring them both before the Throne of Father God as the Spirit of God leads.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,

Michelle"

I just got word seconds ago:

"It was just two days ago that I solicited everyone's prayers ....

Now today, I have received word @ 2 hours ago regarding my Aunt - Pauline - hear me well!!!

The Doctors CANNNNNNNOOOOOTTTTT Find THE Tumor. They Are In Total Amazement!!! NO TRACE OF IT!!!!

She will not have to do the surgery, and her pressure has begun to go down.

THANK YOU JESUS!!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

My family and I want to Thank You & The Prayer Team, who prayed for her. I am so filled with JOY - I have been telling everyone on my floor (who stops to listen) about What The Lord HAS DONE!!!!

My cousin Claretta has not been back to the Doctors as yet, but we are still believing for a Miracle for her too!

PRAISE JEHOVAH GOD! HE IS WORTHY!!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for Your Faithfulness,

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,"

Wow...I'm speechless. This is incredible!

Please observe who gets the credit for this healing. It isn't Christians nor Christianity. The absolute power of Christianity is God Himself. By His grace and love we are saved. And, here, His daughter is healed.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Christianity is nothing more than a continuation of the evolution of religion, seized upon by a few to write one more new page to same, drown out the previous phase of evolution; Judaism and rest power of the people from same. In other words, it was politically motivated, so much so it was backed by an emperor who hated Judaism and having control of the tiny piece of the world at the time, had not much difficulty leap-frogging this pagan religion to the front.

Christianity does not believe in the God responsible for our creation, he has been replaced by another, just as all previous Gods were ousted in the 6,000 year old evolution. And even this new god, is in danger of being replaced by his mother.


Wrong theory. Wrong motivation ascribed. Wrong church thought of.

Get this straight all you who insist on being wrong, wrong, wrong: Catholicism is NOT Christianity. Christianity is NOT CATHOLICISM. (Some Catholics may be Christian, or at least "sons of peace", if they have chosen to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, who forgives their sins and is without need of a mediary between them and Himself.) However, NO ONE worshipping a human being can be said to be a Christian since that is a defiance of one of the principal commandments of both the Old and New Testament: "You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shalt thou serve." Therefore your crack about Him being "in danger of being replaced by his mother" is just pure nonsense and not even in gear with the Christian church.

You'd think, for reasonably well-media'd folk, the difference would be clear, but NO, we get treated to the same old tired "discussions" over and over and over.

Christianity's God is the Father of all, the Creator of all, the Master of All, Who was, Who is, and Who is to come. The I AM THAT I AM that gave His Name as that to Moses on the occasion of the burning bush. The LORD OF HOSTS, the ALMIGHTY.
The same God that is called Yahweh and Jehovah and Jehovah Jireh and Jehovah Nissi, and Jehovah Shalom, whose Son is Jesus, also called Yeshuah, and Messiah, and Immanuel, meaning GOD with us! Christianity does not worship Mary or any other human save Jesus, the Son of Man and Son of God, Who is now the Man in the glory, seated at the right hand of the Father.

He it is Who set forth the principles of Christianity and if it has been divided it is not because Christ is divided. To be called a Christian is to be called a disciple of Jesus, learning from the Master, and following in His footsteps to the best of the individual's ability.

The church is the Body of His believers, who "follow the Lamb wherever He goes", who are Named by His Name, married to Him as His Bride, and soon to be revealed in the manifestation of the sons of God.

For now, we are God's children, not yet fully conformed into the image of His dear Son, but born of the Spirit, washed in the Blood of His Son, having overcome the evil by the Blood and the word of our testimony.

NO OTHER religion on earth has a Savior Who can forgive sins because He has suffered the death due sinners for the sinner. NO OTHER religion on earth has a LIVING Savior Who "ever lives to make intercession" for His people. NONE has a Savior Who is coming back to earth for them, having died and resurrected to live forever.

There is no power of salvation, forgiveness, and rest in other religions and the reason is they are not based on the Power of the Universe, Who alone is worthy to be praised.

One day, it is written, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Why not today? Try it and you'll soon learn Who it is Who is waiting to rescue you from your weak pursuit after meaning.



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
nice little story there saintforgod..

now are you telling us because you want us to believe.. or are you telling us so you can tell yourself that what you believe in is true..

i like how God helps out one person like that, one person who has lots of loving family, one person who has lived a decent life, and then doesn't help people who don't have lots of loving family because they've died of aids, who go starving and thirsty everyday, who actually do need help from some higher power to have any chance of survival..

maybe they have no one praying for them.. and maybe only god helps people who have little tumors behind their eyes so then people like you can profess this as proof god exists and of his awesome powers..

of maybe the whole thing is BS.



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
my view is that the vatican is more than we know. many who question the vatican would not even have a little idea of the collection of information the vatican has collected over the years.

this is why i never understand people who try to say that they know more than the people at the vatican, how can any one really question the vatican on any issue.

all religions are pyramid systems, and the vatican is obviusly the top of the catholic religion, but may be the top of others too, we just do not know.

even plenty who disagree with the vatican, agree that the bible is a great book and have the utmost respect for it. the book probably is the most studied book ever and probably has hidden mysteries, no earthly mortal can ever understand.

my last point is that christianity is there for us to understand god on our level, no human would ever be able to understand god. but we do have th capability to understand the stuff in the bible because thats all human minds will let us. it is very ingenious really if you think about it.

for those who believe the pope is a mere mortal, do not really understand the power the vatican has in this world. no one i have heard even would have any clue of the full implications of the vatican has on society as a whole.



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
nice little story there saintforgod..

now are you telling us because you want us to believe.. or are you telling us so you can tell yourself that what you believe in is true..

i like how God helps out one person like that, one person who has lots of loving family, one person who has lived a decent life, and then doesn't help people who don't have lots of loving family because they've died of aids, who go starving and thirsty everyday, who actually do need help from some higher power to have any chance of survival..

maybe they have no one praying for them.. and maybe only god helps people who have little tumors behind their eyes so then people like you can profess this as proof god exists and of his awesome powers..

of maybe the whole thing is BS.


or how god doesn't help the lebanese children being caught in the crossfire between hezbollah and israel
or all the palestinian children that get killed for no reason
or all the sudanese in darfur
why didn't god help the jews in the holocaust? i'm sure all 6 mill of them were praying at some point or another

1 extraordinary circumstance doesn't make proof of divinity



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hey Shauny, good to see you again. Hope everyone had a good weekend.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
nice little story there saintforgod..

now are you telling us because you want us to believe.. or are you telling us so you can tell yourself that what you believe in is true..


The purpose of this post was to reinforces that yes, miracles indeed happen. Many people say "GIVE ME A SIGN!" then when a lightning bolt does not strike them, they say, "See? God does not exist." I contend they could be looking at the wrong direction. Proof only in themselves instead of other people as well. I do not have to have a brain tumor then have it disappear before the operation to call it a miracle, I see it in my friend here.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
i like how God helps out one person like that, one person who has lots of loving family, one person who has lived a decent life, and then doesn't help people who don't have lots of loving family because they've died of aids, who go starving and thirsty everyday, who actually do need help from some higher power to have any chance of survival..


I did not say that only one miracle exists., nor did I say miracles happen to everyone in a way they can see them. I'm merely citing a very personal example. I have personal miracles to share, but they would be believed even less.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
maybe they have no one praying for them.. and maybe only god helps people who have little tumors behind their eyes so then people like you can profess this as proof god exists and of his awesome powers..


Many Christians pray for everyone whether they know their names or not. I think it helps to get intimately involved to get to know them and pray for their condition specifically. I doubt God needs me to profess anything, but He did say He wanted me to.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
of maybe the whole thing is BS.


I see. So instead of being happy for this person, it's sour grapes because He didn't give you a new car or some such?



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hello Madness! It's been a while since I've seen you around. Hope all is well.


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
or how god doesn't help the lebanese children being caught in the crossfire between hezbollah and israel


Are you sure no miracles are happening there? I'm not in northern Israel so I'm not able to report from there.


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
or all the palestinian children that get killed for no reason


Are you sure no miracles are happening there?


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
or all the sudanese in darfur


How do you KNOW there are no miracles happening there?


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why didn't god help the jews in the holocaust?


I have heard reports of Christians being helped by God in the holocaust. I have not researched jews. I'd be interested in hearing about what you've found out.


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i'm sure all 6 mill of them were praying at some point or another


How are you able to verify no miracles happen among them?


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
1 extraordinary circumstance doesn't make proof of divinity


It does for the person whose tumor disappeared. For her, there is no doubt.

I'm not expecting anyone to suddenly come to God because of my personal experience. I am however, working to help people see that miracles are happening all the time in many places but we have to practice seeing them. We humans like to chalk things up to luck (which is a different religion entirely), a fluke, or coincidence. Count the "coincidences" then figure out the probability of those coincidences. It no longer appears to be the case. So, here is the choice. Either accept that these things do in fact happen, or ignore the data. If you'd like me to research more modern-day miracles, I'd be glad to report them here. There are a ton of them.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The purpose of this post was to reinforces that yes, miracles indeed happen.


A miracle can be defined as 'devine intervention' somewhat, yet the most appropriate explanation of a miracle is 'an extremely outstanding or unusual event'.

For example - There's a crash, a head on collision at 50 mph - 'It's a miracle he's still alive'. The thing is, just becuase it's a miracle that the person is still alive.. It doesn't mean that God or some devine being saved him/her. However, believers like yourself like to attribute miracles to devinity.



I did not say that only one miracle exists., nor did I say miracles happen to everyone in a way they can see them. I'm merely citing a very personal example. I have personal miracles to share, but they would be believed even less.


A christian friend once told me that miracles happen everyday in (Insert African country I can't quite remember). That there was a orphanage with a bowl of soup, and this bowl of soup fed 100+ children, and didn't run out. Sure that'd be a nice miracle and that.. except there's no proof, no evidence, and nothing to suggest it's true.. it's just BS.



I see. So instead of being happy for this person, it's sour grapes because He didn't give you a new car or some such?


I'd somewhat find it easier to be happy for this person if they didn't attribute a regressing tumor to God.

Have you got scans of x-rays.. documents to show any of this.. or should we just take your word for it?

[edit on 24-7-2006 by shaunybaby]



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
A miracle can be defined as 'devine intervention' somewhat, yet the most appropriate explanation of a miracle is 'an extremely outstanding or unusual event'.

For example - There's a crash, a head on collision at 50 mph - 'It's a miracle he's still alive'. The thing is, just becuase it's a miracle that the person is still alive.. It doesn't mean that God or some devine being saved him/her.


Perhaps, but how many miracles have to occur for physics, biology, and chemistry to say there was a infinately small probably that these things can occur otherwise? Though I don't have them any more, I used to play with those calculations. It is both fun and amazing to do so.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
However, believers like yourself like to attribute miracles to devinity.


I'll go further to say believers like myself attribute not only miracles, but the creation of the universe and all that is good within it to divinity.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
A christian friend once told me that miracles happen everyday in (Insert African country I can't quite remember). That there was a orphanage with a bowl of soup, and this bowl of soup fed 100+ children, and didn't run out.


Hey that's cool! I'd like to get validation on that.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Sure that'd be a nice miracle and that.. except there's no proof, no evidence, and nothing to suggest it's true..


Likewise nothing to suggest it's untrue. It hasn't been "debunked" eh? Test everything. The answers are in the details.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
it's just BS.


Pretty confident for not having been there during the time and place of the claim.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
I'd somewhat find it easier to be happy for this person if they didn't attribute a regressing tumor to God.


Why?

Clarification: According to the information I've received, the tumor did not "regress", it disappeared. I'll get further info in a few days to verify.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Have you got scans of x-rays.. documents to show any of this.. or should we just take your word for it?


I meet with the friend who sent that message to me on Thursday...and oh yeah, I'll be asking for details
. I'll let you know if I get any further since there's keen interest.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Perhaps, but how many miracles have to occur for physics, biology, and chemistry to say there was a infinately small probably that these things can occur otherwise? Though I don't have them any more, I used to play with those calculations. It is both fun and amazing to do so.


Miracles can't be tested in any science, or tested in a lab so to speak.. They're freak random occurances.



Hey that's cool! I'd like to get validation on that.


Exactly 'validation'.. Likewise with your story too.



It hasn't been "debunked" eh? Test everything. The answers are in the details.


Other than the concept of a bowl of soup that doesn't ever run out is impossible.. ummm yeah I'd say it's debunked. The fact that it's a word of mouth story.. There's nothing to suggest anything else other than it's merely made up.



Pretty confident for not having been there during the time and place of the claim.


Just as confident as my Christian friend who claims it's true.. yet who was not there.



Clarification: According to the information I've received, the tumor did not "regress", it disappeared. I'll get further info in a few days to verify.


David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty dissapear.. Now did he 'really' do that?



I meet with the friend who sent that message to me on Thursday...and oh yeah, I'll be asking for details
. I'll let you know if I get any further since there's keen interest.


All the things God to do in the world, and he shows his devine power by making a tumor dissapear.



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Miracles can't be tested in any science, or tested in a lab so to speak.. They're freak random occurances.


Miracles are when science says "X" will happen, then "Y" happens. It's outside of the laws that we depend on daily. It's a process of elimination. "Freak random occurances" are only such when probability works. So, what do you do when probability itself falls apart in front of your own eyes? If you've never seen that happen before, I hope you do. It's an awe-inspiring, amazing sight to witness.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Exactly 'validation'.. Likewise with your story too.


Understandable. I'll do my best while trying to maintain respectful of her position. I would expect though she'd be excited to tell the details.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Other than the concept of a bowl of soup that doesn't ever run out is impossible.. ummm yeah I'd say it's debunked. The fact that it's a word of mouth story.. There's nothing to suggest anything else other than it's merely made up.


Maybe so, maybe not. I don't know how you can close the book on anything without confirmation one way or the other. The reason why Scotland Yard has such a high closure successful rate is because they don't close a case until it is solved. They don't brush things off saying, "this is impossible!" and toss it aside. Our detective agencies don't have nearly as high a success rate. Any guesses why?


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Just as confident as my Christian friend who claims it's true.. yet who was not there.


Ah, okay. This is very telling. They were very confident it was true without validation, and you're very confident that it is not true without validation. Trying to balance things out then? If it is false, no one had extra to eat and survive. If it IS true, lives were saved, people turned to God, and became believers and do'ers of good themselves.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty dissapear.. Now did he 'really' do that?


Giant rotating platform complete with a stage, audience seating and cameras. Expensive project. Fun to investigate these things. All man-made, no magick, no divine intervention. One does not need to even try to dig deep for those answers. Did you forget I'm a skeptic too? Or are you suggesting the neuro-surgeons are magicians as well and have some sort of conspiracy to "doctor-up" x-rays and tell people they're about to die as a trick.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
All the things God to do in the world, and he shows his devine power by making a tumor dissapear.


Can you think of a greater use of power? Again, I'm saying this one of many many miracles. I'm only citing one that happened within the last few days to someone I see face-to-face.


[edit on 24-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Miracles are when says "X" will happen, then "Y" happens.


Say for example ''X'' happens 99.9% of the time.. Just because 0.01% of the time "Y" happens.. It doesn't neccesarily have to involve devine intervention. If I crashed my car.. there's always the chance that I might die.. maybe in a serious crash perhaps I survive.. hence the saying 'it's a miracle he's still alive'. It doesn't mean there was anything devine there.. but that my chances of survival were slim and in most circumstances alike mine people perhaps were more likely not to survive.



It's outside of the laws that we depend on daily. It's a process of elimination. "Freak random occurances" are only such when probability works. So, what do you do when probability itself falls apart in front of your own eyes? If you've never seen that happen before, I hope you do. It's an awe-inspiring, amazing sight to witness.


Probability merely means what ''should'' happen.. For example if you're playing with a two dice, the chances of me rolling a six and a six together ten times in a row is pretty impossible. So improbable that you could do it for you whole life, hours a day, and maybe never accomplish that. However, It doesn't mean that there's not still a chance that could happen. That's all a miracle is.. it's the very small chance that something did happen, yet it probably shouldn't have due to the odds of it's occurance.



Understandable. I'll do my best while trying to maintain respectful of her position. I would expect though she'd be excited to tell the details.


In all honesty why would a Christian have the need for a miracle.. Afterall when they die they're going to heaven. Therefore, no Christian should truly fear death.. Yet, praying for a person who's ill and may die shows a slight guilty conscience that maybe heaven's not all it's cracked up to be.



They don't brush things off saying, "this is impossible!" and toss it aside. Our detective agencies don't have nearly as high a success rate. Any guesses why?


Because we have 'British Intelligence' and they have 'American Intelligence'.

A murder case to Scotland Yard is slightly different to a magical bowl that never runs out of soup. If that is possible.. then maybe they might want to take it around all of Africa so we don't get inundated with Charity ads on TV anymore.



Ah, okay. This is very telling. They were very confident it was true without validation, and you're very confident that it is not true without validation. Trying to balance things out then? If it is false, no one had extra to eat and survive. If it IS true, lives were saved, people turned to God, and became believers and do'ers of good themselves.


It seems more likely that this story is not for those orphan's benifit, but more the benifit of the people being told the story back in a Church in England. The story is told to people here and my friend as proof of God's power etc.. Now I'm curious to know what happened the next day, and the next day.. did the bowl stay full? If that did happen.. I'm pretty sure 'everyone' would have heard about that, and not some small community in a village.. So what could we conclude from this.. That miracles only last one day?




Giant rotating platform complete with a stage, audience seating and cameras. Expensive project. Fun to investigate these things. All man-made, no magick, no divine intervention. One does not need to even try to dig deep for those answers. Did you forget I'm a skeptic too? Or are you suggesting the neuro-surgeons are magicians as well and have some sort of conspiracy to "doctor-up" x-rays and tell people they're about to die as a trick.


Well even the best Doctors in the world can get it wrong.. they can't be right 100% of the time, in some medical cases, it can be a learning curve for them if it's rare or difficult to treat.

Maybe x-rays were mixed up with another patient and after your friend was told what she had, she could have 'thought' that she felt the effects of the tumor.. like a psychosomatic effect.. However, rather than showing themselves up.. perhaps the Doctors thought it'd be better to then show the clear x-ray that nothing is there and say themselves 'omg.. it's a miracle.. we can't explain it'.. merely to save their own skin as they screwed up with patients x-rays.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by shaunybaby]



posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Say for example ''X'' happens 99.9% of the time.. Just because 0.01% of the time "Y" happens.. It doesn't neccesarily have to involve devine intervention.


I'm not talking about when .01% happens. I'm talking about when .01% happens four times in a row, for example. A fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction, time and space being what it is and so forth. Again, really fun numbers to play with.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
If I crashed my car.. there's always the chance that I might die.. maybe in a serious crash perhaps I survive.. hence the saying 'it's a miracle he's still alive'. It doesn't mean there was anything devine there.. but that my chances of survival were slim and in most circumstances alike mine people perhaps were more likely not to survive.


The usage here is the trite expression people use. I'm not talking about cliche's. I'm talking the real and true definition of miracle.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Probability merely means what ''should'' happen.. For example if you're playing with a two dice, the chances of me rolling a six and a six together ten times in a row is pretty impossible. So improbable that you could do it for you whole life, hours a day, and maybe never accomplish that. However, It doesn't mean that there's not still a chance that could happen. That's all a miracle is.. it's the very small chance that something did happen, yet it probably shouldn't have due to the odds of it's occurance.


Not just the very very very improbable happening time and time again, but also things that are totally without possibility as well. No explanation, none. Those too.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
In all honesty why would a Christian have the need for a miracle.. Afterall when they die they're going to heaven.


I'm with you on this. Overall a Christian needs to keep God's will in mind in every prayer. The pain is a concern as well as the loss to the friends and family. Having more time with a loved one is always a treasured thing rather than the separation while one is in heaven and the others have yet to get there. I do tend to pray a LOT more for those who do not believe than those who do...for the reason you've given here. I do want more time for unbelievers to discover. Yet, God does say He will and does bless those who believe on Him. It's a reciprocated love thing.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Therefore, no Christian should truly fear death.. Yet, praying for a person who's ill and may die shows a slight guilty conscience that maybe heaven's not all it's cracked up to be.


Er...no. See reasons above.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Because we have 'British Intelligence' and they have 'American Intelligence'.


LOL!
Good one. That made my day, thanks.



Originally posted by shaunybaby
A murder case to Scotland Yard is slightly different to a magical bowl that never runs out of soup. If that is possible.. then maybe they might want to take it around all of Africa so we don't get inundated with Charity ads on TV anymore.


I agree. The bowl would have eventually had to run out...but like Jesus and the few fishes, they weren't infinite. Instead, it was enough to feed the thousands with a few left overs. In both Scotland yard and the infinite bowl, investigation should take place. It's a greater miracle I think when all avenues were thoroughly researched.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
It seems more likely that this story is not for those orphan's benifit, but more the benifit of the people being told the story back in a Church in England. The story is told to people here and my friend as proof of God's power etc.. Now I'm curious to know what happened the next day, and the next day.. did the bowl stay full? If that did happen.. I'm pretty sure 'everyone' would have heard about that, and not some small community in a village.. So what could we conclude from this.. That miracles only last one day?


Probably, just based on that information. Otherwise as you've said, it would've been passed around to feed everybody. Miracles have been known to be specific to the receivers. Not abundant in all things per say, but enough to get through a hard situation. I'm getting curious to miracle dynamics of God now, perhaps there's more I can read up about it.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Well even the best Doctors in the world can get it wrong.. they can't be right 100% of the time, in some medical cases, it can be a learning curve for them if it's rare or difficult to treat.


Ya. So long as we can agree the doctors were not pulling a trick or involved in conspiracy. I know a few at that hospital and really care for them as I can see how much they care for others.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Maybe x-rays were mixed up with another patient and after your friend was told what she had, she could have 'thought' that she felt the effects of the tumor.. like a psychosomatic effect.. However, rather than showing themselves up.. perhaps the Doctors thought it'd be better to then show the clear x-ray that nothing is there and say themselves 'omg.. it's a miracle.. we can't explain it'.. merely to save their own skin as they screwed up with patients x-rays.


ROTFL! I'll ask about it. I think they have to take an oath though about being honest with patients. Is there an M.D. in the house? Very risky for malpractice and fraud I'd think since patients can request their x-rays.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Maybe x-rays were mixed up with another patient and after your friend was told what she had, she could have 'thought' that she felt the effects of the tumor.. like a psychosomatic effect.. However, rather than showing themselves up.. perhaps the Doctors thought it'd be better to then show the clear x-ray that nothing is there and say themselves 'omg.. it's a miracle.. we can't explain it'.. merely to save their own skin as they screwed up with patients x-rays.


Who has more faith here?



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

log in

join