It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 123
<< 120  121  122   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
it's possible that the teachings of christ was just too revolutionary for the people of that time and that if the disciples hadn't taken a few steps back on it the the seeds that were planted would have never been allowed to take root and form the church. if the churches today would take this stance, I wouldn't have a problem with them, but it seems that when men speak for god and make these kinds of rules, they have this problem about saying they were wrong later. so they just gradually water it down and hope for the best. the churches still teach women's obedience, but they try to negate it with this well, men are told to love their wives as they love themselves..... never mind the many men and women who function on what is really more of a selfish love even for themselves. and even with a purer love, they can be telling women to do things that might rub the women's conscious the wrong way.

You have my attention and interest piqued, can you provide some examples or detail?

originally posted by: dawnstar
it would be better I think if they would just explain that it was the law of man that demanded obedient women, and the bible does insist that christians obey the laws of man. and it would take men loving their wives to convince them to not want that obedience. after all, that was what the whole shift from the old testament and the new was about... from obendience and punishment to love and forgiveness...

The power of love and forgiveness is huge, this seems to be absolute.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

You have my attention and interest piqued, can you provide some examples or detail?

examples of what???

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am banished from the RCC. Because of Jesus.
However, there are those in particular that I must banish from my household on a regular basis.
The Witnesses Of Jehovah.

They are a gang stalking crew on Numbskulls

They stalk my building and loiter in front of it. Then they Ring intercom bells to get it. At other times they just trespass when a tenant exits. Then they knock on my door and wake me up. And also the dog gets roused up too. I politely explain to them I am Catholic, but to no avail. That is when the harrassment begins. They promote Jesus and like a fool I listen to their shenanigans. Then I say no. Politely. So I shut the door and move along. Only to find out they have slipped their propaganda nuisance under my door. That is harrassment. If I read it.. it is Menacing. A threat of death and torment. Menacing. Inspiring me to join their faith.

Stalking...
Loitering...
Trespass...
Harrassment...
Menacing...
And Discrimination...

edit on 26-8-2017 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
I am banished from the RCC. Because of Jesus.

How did Jesus get you banned from the Roman Catholic Church?

originally posted by: Pinocchio
However, there are those in particular that I must banish from my household on a regular basis.
The Witnesses Of Jehovah.

They are a gang stalking crew on Numbskulls

They stalk my building and loiter in front of it. Then they Ring intercom bells to get it. At other times they just trespass when a tenant exits. Then they knock on my door and wake me up. And also the dog gets roused up too. I politely explain to them I am Catholic, but to no avail. That is when the harrassment begins. They promote Jesus and like a fool I listen to their shenanigans. Then I say no. Politely. So I shut the door and move along. Only to find out they have slipped their propaganda nuisance under my door. That is harrassment. If I read it.. it is Menacing. A threat of death and torment. Menacing. Inspiring me to join their faith.

Stalking...
Loitering...
Trespass...
Harrassment...
Menacing...
And Discrimination...

What do Jehovah's Witnesses have to do with Christianity?

top topics

<< 120  121  122   >>

join