It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: eletheia

Finally please address my point about the Irish border. Because that remains highly relevant.

I wouldn't hold my breath, this gets ignored by the Breiteers around here all the time. I'm not surprised, it's one of the biggest issues of the whole process...
I responded to that, bottom of page 3...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-4-2019 by SerenTheUniverse because: Stupid auto correct spelling lol

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Every vote has a deal of risk. While people complain that those who voted leave were taking a leap in the dark - "they did not know what they voted for", the reverse is also true.

Those who voted remain really had no clue what they were voting for either.

Really? Because I voted Remain based on (among other things) the fact that there was no way leaving the EU would grant us as good a deal as the one we currently enjoyed, being a leader and rule maker in the EU, who didn't have to adopt the Euro like most did, why? Because our position was strong in the EU, we enjoyed a special relationship that few other countries could hold a candle to. I don't understand why anyone wanted to mess with that...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I note that no-one has mentioned the Irish border yet.

The Irish border is the biggest issue as far as I see it, and I have no idea how both sides can reach agreement.
Free movement north and south for citizens of the republic and UK seems the answer, similar to how tens of thousands of Spanish folk will still cross to Gibraltar every day to work after Brexit.
The EU could easily agree some exceptional circumstances arrangement if there was a will but they don't want us to leave because of the billions they will lose every year.

It is a tricky one because the Unionists refuse to accept any customs checks entering mainland UK.

The Gibraltar Border and the Irish Border can't really be compared, they are both very different creatures, Gibraltar never had the troubles and isn't governed by a Good Friday stke agreement...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
I will be voting for Nigel and his new party. He is the only politician standing up for Britain and the voters (again), and will not be bullied by the EU. Where as it seems ALL mp's and their parties will do anything to keep us in.

I voted out and, by law, we should be out. The Queen needs to do something, and all 650 MPs (who are on at least £78,000 a year) need sacking.

Parliament is sovereign. First principle of British constitutional politics.

You are saying you would like an unelected leader to override the British constitution to protect our sovereignty from unelected leaders.

Errrrmm.....

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The Gibraltar Border and the Irish Border can't really be compared, they are both very different creatures, Gibraltar never had the troubles and isn't governed by a Good Friday stke agreement...

Gibraltar is not part of the UK. Northern Ireland is.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
I just posted in another post on this issue. Think on this. If there wasn't any border control between NI and SI do you honestly think that any European nation wanting to import goods into the UK are going to transport their good all the way to Southern Ireland, transport them up country to Northern Ireland just to escape import duty?
The cost of duty to import directly into the UK would far beat the cost of transport by ship and lorry in Southern Ireland.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Gibraltar is not part of the UK. Northern Ireland is.

Completely agree, another reason the borders can't really be compared.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Maybe but you say "all the way" to Southern Ireland like it's halfway around the globe. Sure it's probably double the distance from Calais but in the grand scheme of things it's not so far. I guess it depends on which tariff is applied to which product and what the cargo is, there might be times that extra trip to SI would be more profitable, even with the extra fuel.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if Farage went to all this trouble and we wound up leaving the EU on June 1st before Farage managed to actually do anything with his party. That would be really funny!
edit on 15/4/19 by djz3ro because: Recycling a triple posting...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: andy06shake

So you mean to say they've had years to plan this Brexit and they couldn't do the sums?

It's insane but it's true, they've been kicking the can down the road since day 1, inept isn't adequate to describe how truly useless this shower of $hite really are! By now we could have had so many things worked out, this is what happens when you trust a Tory.
edit on 15/4/19 by djz3ro because: Recycling a triple posting...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
There Irish border is a non-issue in my opinion.
Our government will never put up a hard border, North Ireland will never put up a hard border, the Republic of Ireland will never put up a hard border and the EU won't either.

So I ask, who will put up this hard border you're so concerned about?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be funny if Farage went to all this trouble and we wound up leaving the EU on June 1st before Farage managed to actually do anything with his party. That would be really funny!

I think Nigel Farage would want that to happen. After all, the only reason why he has come back into party politics is to make sure Brexit happens.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I don't know who would implement it but it wouldn't be the biggest issue surrounding Brexit if it was something that could just be brushed off. But, but Project Fear. Yeah well that goes both ways I'm afraid. The Tories have used Fear as a weapon for a while now, at least since the 2014 Scottish Referendum.

Do you really think they'll allow us to have a soft border between the E.U and the U.K post Brexit? This could be the end for the U.K too,
N.Ireland won't stick around if they're treated differently and that's a given considering they're the only part of the U.K to share a border with the E.U so they have to have a different deal with the E.U to us.

It would be funny if it wasn't so damn scary. Don't worry though, those of you with money will be able to ride this out no bother, it's people like me, those who live hand to mouth who will suffer most. I say hand to mouth, I believe the definition of living hand to mouth is taking each month as it comes, I should be so lucky, more weekly in my case, sometimes daily...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

I think Nigel Farage would want that to happen. After all, the only reason why he has come back into party politics is to make sure Brexit happens.

That and his E.U wages will be ending soon, he had to find another way of appearing to stay relevant...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
You really don't like him do you!

He has his own radio show 5 times a week, so he would still be fairly relevant.
He also continues to be really popular will some remainers, they can't stop talking about him.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
No-one will implement it as it would be suicide for whoever does.
I'm sure the people of Ireland would not tolerate it.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

This one is a stormer, there certainly out in force, and with a German camper van no less. LoL

metro.co.uk... wLIOPO0dE
edit on 15-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

One thing I agree with in that video, that was indeed Brexit at its best

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

You really don't like him do you!

He has his own radio show 5 times a week, so he would still be fairly relevant.
He also continues to be really popular will some remainers, they can't stop talking about him.

No, he's arrogant, he's a liar, he's a hypocrite, he really doesn't have any redeeming features, I've met people like him and we never see eye to eye.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

No-one will implement it as it would be suicide for whoever does.

Well that fits in with the current Tory M.O at least...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join