It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So you mean to say they've had years to plan this Brexit and they couldn't do the sums?

Austerity is no excuse. Govts spend over their means when convenient. You think they go into 10 year wars what with no money or planning?

When your lease on a business is up you usually have planned for it and allowed for money to set up elsewhere.

Basic Business 101.

ya really think all the cost of Yellowhammer ( 1.5bn ) came out of nowhere.

These are bread & Circuses crumbs to instill fear.

Mays just another globalist like Merkel.

They came up with billions to throw Greece life support, Italy etc.

The current Parliament system is 300 years old, seen European Family Cousins wars, 2 world wars and they cant solve or have the money for this day of reckoning that they've had years to think about?

How stupid do they think we are?

Bread and Circuses.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
The Irish border is the biggest issue as far as I see it, and I have no idea how both sides can reach agreement.

Funny isn't it the backstop is the only deal left in Mays hand, and its the only

deal the EU will accept, as it keeps us tied to the EU AND wouldn't you guess

it can only be redacted with the consent of the EU?

Would you trust the EU? I certainly wouldn't!!

The whole Idea of Brexit is to leave the EU and not be holden to it.

The EU could easily agree some exceptional circumstances arrangement if there was a will but they don't want us to leave because of the billions they will lose every year.

27 Nations will have to dig deep into their pockets to make up the

shortfall. Won't be easy when at least 20 of those countries are

economic takers rather than contributers.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Its funny how they ( Governments ) have some of the best legal minds of the world and no one bothers with the fine print of Treaties or contracts.

www.fnlondon.com...

Remainers conveniently forget that when Britain voted in 1975 to remain a member of the EEC — after joining in 1973 — the referendum was based on the lie that membership had no political implications. In fact, the EU’s founders, especially Jean Monnet, saw ever-deeper economic union as a way to forge ever-deeper political union. In 1986, Thatcher signed the Single European Act (which set the objective of establishing a single market), apparently believing that it was only an extension of free trade in goods to services, capital, and labour.

But Britain’s semi-detached status was confirmed by the Maastricht Treaty of 1992, under which Thatcher’s successor, John Major, obtained (together with Denmark) an exemption from the requirement to join the euro. More obviously than anything preceding it, the single currency was a touchstone of willingness to proceed toward political union. After all, as the events of 2008-09 showed, a common currency without a common government cannot be made to work.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Agreed we get all that about the legalities of a Parliamentary democracy. Why bother with referendums and the appearance of " a vote being worth something " when the will of the people was never going to be listened to anyway?

Britain can still work out profitable deals with the US, China, and other emerging economies.

Governments helicoptered money to Banks out of thin air post-2008 bank failures. Where there's an impending dire need sh%t can be made to happen.

But I get what you're saying. My biggest concern is with the coming major recession worldwide its gonna get ugly and usually the tried and tested well worn solution it to trigger a world war to get economies booming.

As the world pivots towards the East and China geo-strategically it wouldnt take much to trigger a Pearl Harbour or Gulf of Tonkin event.

edit on 13-4-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

he has failed at everything he has tried to do

LIAR
He succeeded at the most important thing Pollies do - Paying no tax!

He has been a career politician and he pretends he doesn't know how his offshore tax-avoidance Trust Fund operated.

metro.co.uk...

‘It’s a vehicle that you chuck things in through your life that you don’t need and you build up a trust fund for your children or grandchildren

‘It was called an ­educational trust and could have been used for grandchildren’s schools fees, things like that. ‘It was a mistake for three reasons. Firstly, I’m not rich enough to need one and I am never going to be.

He maintained that he never actually saw any financial benefit from the fund.

Well if you want to call tax minimization "no financial benefit" go right ahead

In a speech to the European Parliament Farage once actually criticised offshore tax funds, even naming the Isle of Man as a location where many are based.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

He is the face. Is Cummings running it?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The eu elections will be held using proportional representation. Each vote will count

I will vote brexit party in eu elections and ukip in local elections.

Such is my disillusionment with lib/lab/con.

I have done my thinking and research, just like I did before I voted leave. Don't need a political barrage. Just announcing how I will vote andd how I believe many like me will vote.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: selfharmonise

I hear you.
I think though I'll be voting for Nigel's lot in both elections.
I have real issues with Ukip and the way they are going, they're moving more towards a BNP type outfit, just can't support that and I think that a huge number of former kippers can't either.

Anyway, as long as liblabcon get a smacking at the polls it's all good.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
The eu elections will be held using proportional representation. Each vote will count

I have done my thinking and research, just like I did before I voted leave. Don't need a political barrage. Just announcing how I will vote andd how I believe many like me will vote.

I will be doing the same ........

The political elite however in their patronising bubbles still think we stupid

leavers will come to our collective senses and give them the vote they want.

I really dont understand why they believe a second referendum will give them

their desired result. /smh.

Ah!! yes I get it...... of course we are stupid!!

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Does Nigel the nob have a hard-on for one-trick-pony-parties? UKIP and The Brexit Party, both parties that, post Brexit should be disbanded.

I'm an SNP supporter and I feel that, should Scotland ever gain her independence, the party should also be disbanded.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise

Yet on a per capita basis the weight of a citizen's influence is completely undemocratic. This affront being one of the areas the EU fails to deliver democracy. No surprises that a citizen of Luxembourg has ten times more influence than a citizen in the UK. That's one MEP per 840K citizens in the UK and per 87K in Luxembourg.

It's distorted proportional representation.

Wiki apportionment

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Does Nigel the nob have a hard-on for one-trick-pony-parties? UKIP and The Brexit Party, both parties that, post Brexit should be disbanded.

I'm an SNP supporter and I feel that, should Scotland ever gain her independence, the party should also be disbanded.

too late dear member,
it's time to roll the bones and i'm currently in such a jovial mood permutating all possible outcomes

that fear holds no quarter whatsoever and never has. the asshats in the hijacked place, may they experience career fear

above and beyond my wildest expectations.

f.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

originally posted by: djz3ro

too late dear member,
it's time to roll the bones and i'm currently in such a jovial mood permutating all possible outcomes

that fear holds no quarter whatsoever and never has. the asshats in the hijacked place, may they experience career fear

above and beyond my wildest expectations.

f.

I can't see what there is to be optimistic about, I want to see the positives in Brexit, but I can't find any.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A guy at work mentioned the brexit party during our coffee break, to a man everyone agreed they would vote for it. Which is odd as we are about 15 contractors from all over the U.K. we never agree on anything..

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: plainsight

The Brexit Party was only launched a couple of days ago.

A new poll for voting intentions if we have to vote in The EU Elections gives them 15% support, only one point behind The Conservatives.

The two main parties still top the ballot, with Labour slightly ahead on 24% and the Conservatives on 16%, but neither are far enough ahead for comfort of the Brexit party on 15% and UKIP on 14%

yougov.co.uk...

I can only see the support for The Brexit Party rising in the coming weeks. Watch this space.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

I was a Spark for 13 years.

My dads a Joiner with his own business and employes a few Polls, they get the job done just fine.

Hard workers and then some. Everyone rushes jobs and cut corners at some level these days that's why we have the building site inspectors and health and safety to contend with.

And that mob are not exactly the most trust worth nether if truth be told else how do you think all that work gets passed off on?

As to the Asian ladies opinion of well it pretty much speaks for itself.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: eletheia

Yeah, funny how it's only 'moaners who think the referendum question was too confusing.

That's funny, I live in a Remain county (like most Scots) and our Tory [soon to be ex] MP Kirstin Hair, didn't vote in the referendum because she found it too confusing. She was so onfused she took part in one of the votes in parliament, and then did a 180 the next day when she realised the way she voted would actually harm her parents farm. You couldn't make this up...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
He's worked on a political end for his life and therefore has principles, which is a step above the average politician in the popularist Scottish nationalists.

Exolain this thinking please? There are definitely MP's with more honesty, integrity and who are more principled than Farage could ever be...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: eletheia

Finally please address my point about the Irish border. Because that remains highly relevant.

I wouldn't hold my breath, this gets ignored by the Brexiteers around here all the time. I'm not surprised, it's one of the biggest issues of the whole process...
edit on 14/4/19 by djz3ro because: you can't have Brexiteers without an 'x'...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Ukip was formed with the intention of getting a referendum. Farage did that.

Now he has formed the brexit party with the intention of forcing parliament to enact the vote to leave.

Let's hope he goes 2 for 2

Farage didn't call the Referendum, Cameron did, in attempt to quell a growing Tory faction that was against the EU, as much as I wish we could blame this debacle on Nigel the Nob, it's all on the heads of the Tory Party. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join