It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
If Nigel Farage's main concern, as you put it, is to "still claim his MEP salary" then why does he want us to LEAVE the EU? If we leave then he won't be able to claim his MEP salary, as we won't have any MEP's...

You haven't thought that through, have you?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
I will be voting for his party.

# ME TOO

I have already said I would vote for anyone who wasnt in the two

main parties so roll on!!!

When the referendum was first put to the public, the leave campaign said we would be able to set up our own agreements with other countries for trade. However if we enter a customs union with the EU we won't be able to do that- that's betrayal by the government.

Cameron was nudged into the referendum for fear of the rising popularity

of Ukip and he and most of the other MP's never believed the people

would vote leave.

Since then its been a complete farce due to the majority of MP's of both parties

being remainers!!! I mean how on earth would a remainer (Theresa May) take

the UK out of the EU They have her in their pocket. All the other MP's who are

remainers have forced all our bargaining chips off the table.

All it will take is the disilusioned public to support the new party, and the

disgruntled MP's from her party to resign to force the issue......

Today Jacob Rees Moggs sister resigned from the conservative party to join the

new Brexit party...... first stone in an avalanche ??

Theresa May may have just shot herself in the foot with her extension
A lot

can happen when the boat gets rocked.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I have thought it through as much as you and come to a different conclusion is all, the EU is nothing more than a trough for ALL MEPs, what makes Farage even more precious is he then claims all the money he says the EU is wasting and only votes for less than 50% of the issues, great value for money for you and I there.

All MEPs are double dipping to give one more credit than the other is not something I will do, English Meps are equal to European MEPs in my mind, bad, waste of time and air, as a leaver I am happy to have made my own mind up rather than listen to an MEP.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
His party will get nowhere. UKIP barely got any representation in Parliament and IMO will get no further. I'd bet that any former/current UKIP support in MEP elections will be beaten by younger voters keen to keep their work and travel options less restricted.

He has only ever been interested to get the UK OUT of the EU.

He didnt expect the treachery of the government and their

determination that IF we left .......

IT WOULD BE IN NAME ONLY

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I have thought it through as much as you and come to a different conclusion is all, the EU is nothing more than a trough for ALL MEPs, what makes Farage even more precious is he then claims all the money he says the EU is wasting and only votes for less than 50% of the issues, great value for money for you and I there.

All MEPs are double dipping to give one more credit than the other is not something I will do, English Meps are equal to European MEPs in my mind, bad, waste of time and air, as a leaver I am happy to have made my own mind up rather than listen to an MEP.

So you still think Nigel Farage's "main concern" is to claim his MEP salary, yet he want's us to leave the EU?
Interesting logic you got there...

And you haven't made you own mind up, you got that from the Guardian!

edit on 83026bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 12 Apr 2019 14:26:32 -05003019 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Does my source make it untrue then?, also I am a hairy ass joiner from the UK, the sun and daily star make up my usual 2min away from work time, if you are going for making assumptions about me rather than the topic i have raised, feel free to carry on, I will not reply so you will win

In my mind way before brexit I despised all MEPs, was Farage the person who gave me the vote, nope, it was Dave the Rave.

How about the expenses MEPs can claim are you aware they had a vote on it, behind closed doors after all, cos thats democracy isnt it, they chose to keep pilfering from you and I and extra £4000 a month in undocumented expenses, has farage ever spoke out about that?, you are aware Farage has also had previous money taken off him for illigal claims also, so he is a crook like them all

Why does that make you think I have not thought for myself?, my logic is simple ALL MEPs are crooks, but you seem to want me to be support one crook over another

be careful with next link, there is one from the idependent

EU parliament to keep public in dark on MEP expenses

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
I'm not debating whether MEPs are crooks or not, I'm debating your comment about Nigel Farage's main concern is his MEP salary.

It's not your source that makes it untrue, it is the LOGIC (or lack of) that makes in untrue.

I'm not making assumptions about you, I quoted you directly what you said.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Will making this party speed up the brexit process or will it (which I am guessing is all) split the original base of leave vote even more, adding more doubt and less chance of Brexit ever happening, Farage will obviously push for a harder Brexit than the Conservatives whose will be harder than Labours, this is just going to prolong it more, his new party will never gather enough momentum to even get a seat in the UK, so what influence will he actually have, zero, he may influence people online and at home but with parliment or the house of lords his voice will be a whisper.

And I have always believed every politicians main priority is their OWN bank balance before any concern to you or I, make no doubts their life will not change one iota whatever the outcome.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Nobody really has any real horses in the race one way, or the other, or has a clue as to what's going to happen.

Not the PM or MP nor anyone else in Westminster.

IMHO Brexit is a very bad idea, doomed from the start, unimplementable and nonsensical all the way to the bank and back again.

Or

Back to Westminster so they can continue with all this forced austerity.[/quote]

Second thread you have posted that in! We could read the first time

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SoEpic

We do so need foreign workers, anyone that does not think so lives in Theresa May's imaginary strong and stable hills.

37 billion divorce payment? What about £66,000,000,000 Brexit has cost our people and economy so far?

This Asian woman harbors latent racist tendencies then, quite simple.

Polish are great workers and can and do teach our own builders a thing or two.

So sick and tired of hearing this... Have you ever worked in the building trade mate? Because I have and let me tell you that the Polish being ‘good workers’ is the biggest myth ever invented by man. They rush jobs and cut corners and do it at a fast pace so you THINK they are working hard, I can count at least 30 jobs I have attended to carry out work to replace the BOTCH job that the polish have done! Please don’t talk rubbish.

Oh the Asian woman is ‘racist’... So predictable. You people are like a broken record
edit on 12/4/2019 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

He doesn't say much .......... But he's got a stash of memes !!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
25 quid for a year's membership.
That's 17 quid less than Labour and you can be sure that the Brexit party aren't Lying to you about their intention of getting us out of the EU.

A few weeks back, Corbyn almost persuaded me I could rejoin Labour, I thought he could fight off the federalist tendencies in the party, but no, they won.
Labour is still the pro neolib mob that Blair brought on.

Count me in Nige, and the 'moaners can go hang.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I'm so tired of the patronising attitude of the remainers .... I was listening

to an interview while doing something else, so I dont know who it was, but

it was definately a remainer and they were advocating why a second peoples

vote/ referendum was required.

She was saying "and now that people really know what Brexit is like

they have the chance to change their minds!!!

Like all those who voted to 'leave' I knew exactly what I voted for, and its

NOT whats presently on offer

Not only is it patronising BUT what gives them the idea only the leavers will

change their minds. /smh.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yeah, funny how it's only 'moaners who think the referendum question was too confusing.

Sick of them, their lies, their insults and their smug, holier than thou rubbish.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a quick flash discussion with the wife brought up politics lol! rare as rhs. upon being asked my thoughts on the fubar i stated that mr farage, if he fields candidates nationwide then I will partake and although it is atm a very early prospect, it could be a spark that becomes a flame.

there are a few good eggs within both houses who have put on record their distain for the hijacking of the exec and crown, sadly as has manifested through the recent votings to slap down the ref result, it is now apparent a tactical option is required and if as previously mentioned candidates are fielded throughout the land, I will attend the polling station with ink and the usual hittile smile.

f.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
Nigel Farage Launches new "BREXIT PARTY"

Farage pledged to "start putting the fear of God back into our members of parliament," adding that "they deserve nothing less after their betrayal [of the Brexit result]."

"I'm angry. Lots of people out there are angry."

Disclaimer: I'm an America but I'm married to a British Citizen, as such I've been watching the developments in that country closely. Especially since I regularly travel there. I have no real horse in the race one way or the other but the wife voted Brexit for sovereignty reasons.

I'm posting this as I'm curious what the UK Members here think of this new development? Does this Party have a chance? Will it instantly become a major player in British politics?

It seems like an ingenious tactic to create a party surrounding the main and only topic every British person thinks about on a daily basis for the last 3 years. Whenever I'm in England, not a day, or hour for that matter, goes by where the news or someone doesn't mention Brexit. Now there is a party that will be synonymous with that name. Of course this could be a double edged sword as his party may be seen as a single policy party.

I'm looking forward to hearing all your thoughts.

Funtastic news !!

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Farage is not a major player in anything, he's a Liar a hypocrite. UKIP was a joke party and so is this. Brexit is going to push the working poor in the UK into poverty, and people like Farage don't give a flying #, it is all about they money they can make. They don't have a patriotic bone in their bodies.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The referendum wasn't a binding vote, which means the people who told all their lies during the campaign can't be prosecuted, yet on such a small majority we are being dragged into a disasterous situation which will destroy our kids futures. But a lot of people are making a lot of money from it, and of course they are all busy moving everything out of the UK because they can afford to. And leaving the rest of us to live with it. Hard times are ahead, our country is divided and I cant see it being fixed anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

To be honest this is Farage's latest desperate effort to be relevant. Let me sum up his political career so far: he has failed at everything he has tried to do. He failed seven times to get into Parliament and his old party, UKIP, has gone off the far right end of the map (and when the People's Nige abandons something you must realise that it's gone too far). There are also a few other parties out there, like For Britain, which are muddying the waters. Will the Brexit Party make a difference? I doubt it, frankly. It depends on where funding for it comes from, what kind of candidates it attracts and what its actual policies are. You can't just campaign on Brexit. People will want to know what your other policies are, such as NHS funding and financial matters.
Let me be brutally honest: I cannot stand Farage, I think that he is a dangerous populist who peddles nonsense. If he wants to scatter Leave votes all over the right wing of British politics then fair enough. Labour is led by an idiot and I desperately want Jo Swinson in charge of the Liberal Democrats.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well, we know the whole force of the current political parties will be launched against Farage as an individual. There are whole slices of the metropolitan elite who dislike him. He'll be accused of racism and all that. Yet he is probably the only force in UK politics at the moment who has held a consistent principled view on leaving the European Union.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join