It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

The guardian should be a fun read tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
I just posted in another post on this issue. Think on this. If there wasn't any border control between NI and SI do you honestly think that any European nation wanting to import goods into the UK are going to transport their good all the way to Southern Ireland, transport them up country to Northern Ireland just to escape import duty?
The cost of duty to import directly into the UK would far beat the cost of transport by ship and lorry in Southern Ireland.

This argument and many arguments like this is what makes me feel like the Irish Border issue is all just fluff. Both the UK and Southern Ireland want the border to remain as is, so why not just leave it alone? it isn't a problem so why fix something that isn't broken?

It seems like it's just fluff because that's exactly what it is. The Remainers are going to latch onto anything that will let them say "Brexit Bad!!"
edit on 17-4-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
And now YouGov's second poll has got the The Brexit party in first place...
yougov.co.uk...

Well that didn't take long!

What's even funnier, is if you read the small print, the poll was paid for by the people's vote lot.
Hahahahahahaha

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

"Half of England is owned by less than 1% of the population"

"Research by the author reveals corporations and aristocrats are the biggest landowners"

www.theguardian.com...

These kinds of statistics put rather an interesting spin on the whole Brexit debacle if you ask me.

Nevermind how we got there in the first place.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
Haha that's awesome. In the second poll, 'Change UK' (that's what they're calling themselves) actually went down 1% just to add salt to their wounds.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shakeThese kinds of statistics put rather an interesting spin on the whole Brexit debacle if you ask me.

Could you please let us know, how those statistics put an interesting spin on Brexit?
I am honestly curious.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
These kinds of statistics put rather an interesting spin on the whole Brexit debacle if you ask me.

Why? Most large landowners want to stay in the EU so they can get richer from the bloated and unfair EU's Common Agricultural Policy. Leaving the EU will disrupt their lucrative guaranteed income.

Besides the Guardian story is short on derived facts and does not actually give much detail which is disappointing.

Anyway, land ownership in Scotland is even worse... Another Guardian
edit on 18/4/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Why? Most large landowners want to stay in the EU so they can get richer from the bloated and unfair EU's Common Agricultural Policy. Leaving the EU will disrupt their lucrative guaranteed income.

Besides the Guardian story is short on derived facts and does not actually give much detail which is disappointing.

It's a confusing book and article as all te relant info is public record and has been sine at least 1972, can't remember the name of the London office to contact but the Land Registry is a bit of a red herring and shows little detail in comparison.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Both the UK and Southern Ireland want the border to remain as is, so why not just leave it alone? it isn't a problem so why fix something that isn't broken?

A really good question and one that far too few are asking themselves.

The simple answer is that the EU refuses to compromise and rather than doing what is in the best interests of both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland it views this as an opportunity to bully the UK.

It would rather risk the peace in Ireland rather than reach a sensible compromise.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Here's Nigel's latest speech in the EU parliament

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

a reply to: SoEpic

We do so need foreign workers, anyone that does not think so lives in Theresa May's imaginary strong and stable hills.

37 billion divorce payment? What about £66,000,000,000 Brexit has cost our people and economy so far?

This Asian woman harbors latent racist tendencies then, quite simple.

Polish are great workers and can and do teach our own builders a thing or two.

So sick and tired of hearing this... Have you ever worked in the building trade mate? Because I have and let me tell you that the Polish being ‘good workers’ is the biggest myth ever invented by man. They rush jobs and cut corners and do it at a fast pace so you THINK they are working hard, I can count at least 30 jobs I have attended to carry out work to replace the BOTCH job that the polish have done! Please don’t talk rubbish.

Oh the Asian woman is ‘racist’... So predictable. You people are like a broken record

I work for a leading UK building warranty provider.

This ^^^^ is reality.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

He was always a good speaker and is the antidote to the say nothing of note with as many words as possible types that infest politics.

Barry Gardiner, I'm looking at you!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just been reading an article suggesting that if Corbyn were to back a second referendum then it would lead to Farage's Brexit Party only having a 3% lead over other parties.

It says that at present The Brexit Party has a 5% lead and that would probably increase if cross party talks lead to a customs union deal.

Now I not the brightest of buttons but surely this suggests to me that;
1. There's a huge dissatisfaction with the major political parties.
2. There is still massive support for Brexit.
3. Very few people other than the arrogant politicians want anything to do with a customs union.

People have blamed support for Brexit on disinformation and ignorance etc.
Clearly after all the waffle that's got on since Brexit that can no longer be the case.

So why still the passionate support for Brexit and the growing support for The Brexit Group?
edit on 18/4/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Does Nigel the nob have a hard-on for one-trick-pony-parties? UKIP and The Brexit Party, both parties that, post Brexit should be disbanded.

I'm an SNP supporter and I feel that, should Scotland ever gain her independence, the party should also be disbanded.

How or why will Scotland ever leave the UK when Scottish people don't want to leave the UK?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Your graphic re the British Empire is what I am talking about what happened in our past is out of OUR control and as you know it's illegal immigration that people object to.

Look what has happened in other parts of EU because of open borders.

The EU want common laws, currency, army TOTAL control of borders etc.

We joined the EEC that's the way it should have stayed.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

In fairness mate, there was an awful lot of disinformation in the campaign - fake news, fake videos, etc. This is being proved to be correct following independent investigations.

I don't think it should change the result - it is what it is and i suspect that if similar investigations were done into the Remain side, similar findings would be unearthed (possibly not fake videos but certainly other misdemeanours).

But it is fact this was done on the Leave side. Hopefully, we can all agree that idiots that put out fake news, fake info, fake videos, etc, do us all a disservice, whichever side of a debate you happen to be on. That would be my wish from all of this - not to change the result but to change the way we (collectively) operate in campaigns and the like going forward. I would like issues to be decided by the facts, not by spurious claims from one side or another - but possibly that is very wishful thinking in such a tech heavy era where it is so easy to manipulate.
edit on 18-4-2019 by Flavian because: beacuse i on't know what de deiced is

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Why is no one talking about the Remain lies? They said our economy was going to crumble just because of the VOTE?!? We are still gaining...

So fed up of being told I didn't know what the vote was about. I wanted to leave the EU before the referendum was announced as did most people I know who want Leave. How does that play into the narrative.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I agree that there was an enormous amount of exaggerations, misrepresentations and outright lies spouted by both sides during the referendum campaign.
This has actually increased post-referendum thanks to Project Fear and the determination of MSM and the political elites etc to do absolutely anything and everything to derail Brexit.
I'm sure Brexit supporters have also continued to spew their own lies etc but to be honest they've been completely drowned out by the power and influence of The Remainers.

No side/group/party has come out of this whole farce and debacle with any credibility at all and it seems that the one thing most of us agree on is the complete dissatisfaction and even disgust at the current systems.

We need urgent and radical reform.

Fake news has always existed in one form or another, it just has a new label and more outlets.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

When we ignore our history and past transgressions.

We fail to learn from one generation to the next.

Immigration is not the problem.

Continued austerity, socioeconomic chaos, and stagnation by design, on the other hand, well those are indeed points of contention to consider.

We are part of a system and community with the infostructure and capacity to transport goods and people all over the planet in a mere matter of hours.

Can't go backward, the tracks simply don't run in that direction any longer.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Can't go backward, the tracks simply don't run in that direction any longer.

Interesting. Except when others are going backwards when there's the false impression of going forwards. The tracks run in all directions at once.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join