It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

originally posted by: djz3ro
Does Nigel the nob have a hard-on for one-trick-pony-parties? UKIP and The Brexit Party, both parties that, post Brexit should be disbanded.

I'm an SNP supporter and I feel that, should Scotland ever gain her independence, the party should also be disbanded.

How or why will Scotland ever leave the UK when Scottish people don't want to leave the UK?

Let's stick to the topic at hand, my comment about tne snp was to show that my thoughts about Brexit Party being dissolved post Brexit wasn't biased. Do some research and you'll find the answers you seek.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I suppose we should wonder who and what the tracks will run all over the top of nevermind there final destination.

Because my guess is it won't be anyone other than our most vulnerable members of society, at least to start with.

Won't be the Farage, Rees-Mogg or Mays of our world that foot the Brexit bill nor pay the ultimate price, that's a given.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Both the UK and Southern Ireland want the border to remain as is, so why not just leave it alone? it isn't a problem so why fix something that isn't broken?

A really good question and one that far too few are asking themselves.

The simple answer is that the EU refuses to compromise and rather than doing what is in the best interests of both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland it views this as an opportunity to bully the UK.

It would rather risk the peace in Ireland rather than reach a sensible compromise.

Or.. this is the border between an EU-member country (Ireland) and a non-EU-country. Which means there has to be bordercontrol, immigration- and emmigrationcontrols, customs, a defined line in the sand, so to say.

The UK doesn't want it any other way, by the way. The parliament is just completely off the tracks HOW to do this border-thingie.

Which is insane in itself, as it is a border and every country in the world has had borders around itself.
But, as we all have foreseen years ago, the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland is breeding ground for Bloody Sundays and Weekdays and Everydays and Nights... Touch it the wrong way and it is "Explosions Galore" again, just like in the 80s.

Nobody wants that. And there is no suitable solution in ways of a firm and fixed and controllable border, as the relocation of a border into the North Ireland Sea is just .. a relocation of the same, still existing problem.

Brexit was and still is an idea full of unsolved details, each one of them a mother to hundreds if not thousands even more detailed and outlandishly complex problems. Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

That's a long post to say "I don't understand so therefore it's complicated"

Again the Irish Border issue is a simple issue and the solution is going to be what's there right now, i.e. nothing. The Irish don't want a hard border, the UK doesn't want a hard border so therefore.... no hard border. Now both sides can talk in circles about it all day but unless the European Union is planning on funding an army in order to go on the Irish/UK border WITHOUT the consent of both those countries, then nothing will happen.

It WILL be a loophole, but as I said before, Loopholes exist all over the world and that's ok. It's not a problem, so why make it a problem? It's not like there are thousands of people flooding that border right now, so what makes anyone think it will change? (except when it's convenient to fear monger)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Haaa,haaaaa,ha..........haaaaaa,haaaa,haaaaa,ha,ha.

I coughing up the last of the Easter Lamb here.

edit on 21-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

(Screams in utter horror and tries to remove eyeballs)
Where the hell did you find that picture? And what the hell is that person wearing????

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Ukip was formed with the intention of getting a referendum. Farage did that.

Now he has formed the brexit party with the intention of forcing parliament to enact the vote to leave.

Let's hope he goes 2 for 2

Farage called the Referendum did he? Or did he campaign on that knowing Dodgey Dave was going to call one and then stand back and act like he was behind it?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Now he has formed the brexit party with the intention of forcing parliament to enact the vote to leave.

Farage called the Referendum did he? Or did he campaign on that knowing Dodgey Dave was going to call one and then stand back and act like he was behind it?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Think it popped up on my FB page from Pig-gate or the like. LoL

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Without UKIP, dodgy Dave wouldn't have even considered holding a referendum.

The whole idea was anathema to most MP's of whatever colour.
The referendum was called to kill off UKIP who were taking big chunks of tory voters (Labour too, but it has to be said, the tories were more at risk of losing seats to them).

Dave thought he would win, if he had even the slightest inkling we would vote leave, it would never have happened.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

The whole idea was anathema to most MP's of whatever colour.
The referendum was called to kill off UKIP who were taking big chunks of tory voters (Labour too, but it has to be said, the tories were more at risk of losing seats to them).

Dave thought he would win, if he had even the slightest inkling we would vote leave, it would never have happened.

And he's doing it all over again with his new *Brexit* party lets hope he

spooks May the same way he spooked Cameron......

he Conservatives are haemorrhaging support to Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party, new polling shows, with half of Tory voters ready to turn their backs on Theresa May.

Two separate surveys show the Tories’ vote share plunging since Mr Farage launched his new party last week.

The Brexit Party is on course to top the polls in next month’s European Parliament elections, as Tories vent their “built-up anger and frustration” by switching their support to a party that better represents their views on Europe.

Labour, meanwhile, will lose hundreds of thousands of voters to Mr Farage if it continues to campaign for a post-Brexit...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Go Nigel go!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
So nigel to be an MEP again and claim more expenses, part of the reason i voted out was to stop MEPs claiming this money, but nigel wants us out of the EU doesn't he, nope he just wants to look after himself

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
So nigel to be an MEP again and claim more expenses, part of the reason i voted out was to stop MEPs claiming this money, but nigel wants us out of the EU doesn't he, nope he just wants to look after himself

Well IF we have to comply with the EU and elect MEP's seeing as May has spent the

best part of three years getting no where .... Who better than Nigel being in there

stirring it up for the EU ???

At least we have more chance of getting things done from that angle!! Support for

him and his new party is growing by the day.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Do you think the Brexit Party is going to run in UK Elections after Brexit or will it be disbanded once Brexit officially happens?

It seems to be garnering a ton of support from all over the Political Spectrum. I'd wonder if it suddenly became a major party in UK elections as well. They could be a rallying cry for "And we'll stay out!"

edit on 4/22/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Do you think the Brexit Party is going to run in UK Elections after Brexit or will it be disbanded once Brexit officially happens?

Your guess is as good as mine ...... prior to the referendum it was partly the

rise of Ukip that spooked Cameron to calling the referendum which gave

them the edge in following it through ...... and as we all know now they the

politicians of the main parties had no intention of taking the UK fully out of

the EU manipulating their positions of power, and conveying to the public

that they, and only they knew best.

It seems to be garnering a ton of support from all over the Political Spectrum. I'd wonder if it suddenly became a major party in UK elections as well. They could be a rallying cry for "And we'll stay out!"

Our system of first past the post is what killed off Ukip at the general election

so if the system gets shaken up as many are calling for smaller parties like the

new Brexit party may gain traction.

I think its time for compulsory voting, It would stop the out cry that any results

"were not the majority" by the fact there were x percentage of people who

didn't use their vote.

The bloated House of Lords needs major surgery ...... could start of with no one

over the age of retirement allowed
John Prescott (labour ex deputy PM) who

swore he would never go into the H of L is now a life peer WHY??

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

could be the cost of mascara and them jags are getting expensive to maintain.

it's ironic and a bit off topic but I come across wealthy clients who are cash poor/asset rich

grumbling about bills and the cost of services whilst enjoying all modern consumables and gadgets with subscriptions.

f.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

it's ironic and a bit off topic but I come across wealthy clients who are cash poor/asset rich

Off topic maybe, however I will humour you.....

You could say that ^^^^ was me (although far from wealthy) but when

employed I prioritised to get here, I did without much my peers had

and took for granted to be independent comfortable and solvent.

Grumbling about bills and the cost of services whilst enjoying all modern consumables and gadgets with subscriptions.

The cost of bills and services is out of hand...... I remember when one paid

for what they used, now there are so many tariffs and prices they change

constantly its a full time job trying to keep up with them, and the poorest

( those on meters) pay the highest costs for energy..... something needs doing

about those 'fat cats'

Gadgets??? I wouldn't thank you for a mobile
and dont have any of those

extra's like netflix and extra programmes the youngsters are too impatient

to wait and get free a couple of months down the line.

I have a grandson who queues at midnight to get the latest games or whatever??

From a modest car he has recently got a 'jag' I told him he would have been

better off keeping the small car and investing or paying off more from his mortgage

His choice - his money!!

shrugs and wonders ......

Will he be as comfortable and content as me when he is my age?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ann Widdecombe has joined the Brexit party and is the lead candidate for the South West!
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I saw yesterday, that Claire Fox had joined as well.
Always liked her stuff, she's awesome on the Moral Maze on radio 4, though the Grauniad lot have turned against her now, rather predictably.

Anunziata is still my fave though

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

And yet, somehow, you did not understand the problem and tried to remove it by clapping your hands on your ears.

The border is a problem, and neither North Ireland nor the rest of the UK nor Ireland have a solution for this. There will be no "loophole".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join