It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another night of Brexit drama

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Seems UKIP and their ilk for one.

Nonsensical Muppets that they are.
edit on 6-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

popcorn time me old buster lol!

the words spouted from their lips of sh*t will do a crazy ivan and devour them.
ringside ticket please for the lulz!

f.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Strong and stable???

Aye, for the slave masters maybe!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The UK people in many respects are better off than those of the EU.

Of the 28 EU countries, the UK had the fifth lowest rate of persistent poverty

In 2015, the UK had one of the lowest rates of persistent poverty of all EU member states

The UK has a similar persistent poverty rate to Sweden (7.0%), Hungary (7.2%), Cyprus (7.3%), the Netherlands (7.3%) and Slovakia (7.3%), Additionally, the UK’s persistent poverty rate is LESS than the rates for France and Italy.

– typically, individuals in the UK experience shorter terms of poverty than other EU countries.

Long-term trends show that since 2008, the gap between the UK and EU average persistent poverty rates has been widening – in 2008 the gap between both rates was 0.2 percentage points, whereas in 2015 the gap was 3.6 percentage points lower for the UK.

Those who were in poverty at least once in the 4-year period, across all EU member states the UK had the largest proportion of individuals who were in poverty for just 1 year (59.9%) and the smallest proportion who were in poverty for all 4 years (10.5%). This is consistent with the UK having one of the lowest poverty to persistent poverty ratios, with more individuals who experienced 1 or 2 years of poverty rather than 3 or 4 years of poverty between 2012 and 2015.

www.ons.gov.uk...

The EU? ..........Shangri la it aint!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I would certainly suggest that some people are better off here than those of the EU.

Especially the ones in Westminster high up above within there ivory castles.

But certainly, not the 14.2 million people in the UK population who live in poverty, including 4.5 million children.

A living wage in line with inflation, abundant food in our fridges, affordable homes for our masses, adequate Police on our streets and education for our kids might be nice all the same.

None of which hard Brexit and continued forced austerity has to offer.

Shangri-La can wait till we at least facilitate the basic needs of our people.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

None of which hard Brexit and continued forced austerity has to offer.

If I remember correctly when the conservatives got in in 2010 the only paper

in the treasury was a note from Liam Byrne stating "sorry theres no money left"

maybe the reason there has had to be austerity?

The EU hasn't exactly been proactive in quashing austerity ..... Greece, Italy,

and Spain, France , and Germany are on the brink?

And you want the UK to nail its colours to their mast?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

If i remember correctly, it all went breasts up around the time we were forced to bail out the bankers, and the housing market fell on its arse, 2008 if memory serves.

Put it this way i don't want to nail our colours to the Westminster scummy mast any more than we have to.

As we are well aware of there track record nevermind the fact that their system of governance is complete and utterly broken.

We know what happens when they are given unrestricted free reign to rule.

As i have said, I'm simply not up for swapping one shower of tyrants, for the previous set given there track record.
edit on 8-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If i remember correctly, it all went breasts up around the time we were forced to bail out the bankers, and the housing market fell on its arse, 2008 if memory serves.

2008? .....

Hmmn.... that was the Gordon Brown (labour gov.)
and you forgot to

mention the *Gold* which he sold off cheap, wonder if he got a back hander?

We know what happens when they are given unrestricted free reign to rule.
As i have said, I'm simply not up for swapping one shower of tyrants, for the previous set given there track record.

Does that mean you're not including the EU shower ?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I did not forget eletheia, i don't trust Labour anymore than i do any of the other shower of bastards lining their own pockets at the expense of everyone else.

If memory serves, i don't remember the E.U having much to do with smashing the likes of our trade unions, miners, steelworkers, and teachers lives against the wall, nor stealing our weans milk for that matter.

That was Westminster and a Tory Thatcher government well before New Labour got there scabby wee mitts on the helm of the nation.

Austerity and the continuation of such is the complete and utter domain of the Tories and there Banker masters who created the tool in the first place.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I did not forget eletheia, i don't trust Labour anymore than i do any of the other shower of bastards lining their own pockets at the expense of everyone else.

If that really is the truth you should also have trades unionists in with them?

They too are guilty of *lining their own pockets at the expense of others*?

Altruistic they are not !!!

If memory serves, i don't remember the E.U having much to do with smashing the likes of our trade unions, miners, steelworkers, and teachers lives against the wall

A) It is really not a good idea for trades unions to be more powerful than any

government and hold them to ransom?

B) Sometimes things become obsolete ..... and old technology etc cannot be

subsidised forever...... thats the price of progress.

Even today you can see the manipulation, first pushing diesel, then condemming

it, then taxing cars re. clean air etc......

The re cycling debarcle ...... it just goes on and on........

nor stealing our weans milk for that matter.
That was Westminster and a Tory Thatcher government well before New Labour got there scabby wee mitts on the helm of the nation.

Oh come on
thats a red herring if ever there was. During and shortly after

the war it was along with orange juice introduced for health suppliment reasons.

It was withdrawn because it was no longer necessary and if you were honest or

had children at school at the time you would know how wasteful it was because

the children no longer drank or liked it!! Surely in the event that now there is

an obesity problem with children it's time to put that 'old chestmut' in the bin

where it belongs?

Austerity and the continuation of such is the complete and utter domain of the Tories and there Banker masters who created the tool in the first place.

Remind me wasn't it Fred Goodwin RBS at the time of the Gordon Brown

government? ..... If you agree with that then the Tories are clearing up the

mess left by labour, 'clearing up' is never pleasant or ideal but has to be done.

In a small way from time to time I have needed to apply it to myself to keep

my head above the water of austerity to stop me going under and getting into

debt, 'personal responsibility'?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Why would the Tories and bankers want austerity? Surely they would prefer prosperity - not much money to be had out of austerity. They had no choice thanks to G Brown's bungling of the economy.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

it's all about finding a balance, but I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime.
Labour: Spend spend spend
Conservative: Cuts cuts cuts

Like a chicken and egg situation, which came first is mostly irrelevant now, Labour borrow and spend until we are skint as a nation, then the conservatives cut spending to pay off the debt until we are skint as a People.
Perfect circle I've only known all my life. I have no idea who to vote for in May local elections, there is no 'in between' which has a chance or ticks all the boxes for me.

Sideline but I wish we had proportional representation instead of first past the post...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

I'd just go with "None of the above".

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Why would the Tories and bankers want austerity?

To stop the bleeding of state resources with Labour handing out the nations wealth to their core voters - public servants?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Agreed, but # knows which extreme to choose from, fantastic taxfunded services while deep in our overdraft, or crap public services and cut state borrowing.
Maybe that extra 7 or 8 billion a year not paying club fees to the EU will help...if we ever leave?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Part of the problem with labour is that it is now some sort of Neoliberal organisation that only sees value in public services if someone is making a profit out of it.

This is why you have schools paying over the odds for everything from exercise books to a new building.
Why academies have money thrown at them while the heads get 6 figure salaries and the tests get fiddled so the money keeps rolling in.

Why despite more money going to the NHS front line services suffer while agencies and outsourcers pocket millions.

Yes the Tories did this, they always have, but since Blair, labour do too, we need to build a big bonfire.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I've only ever striked once in my life, I was a civil servant and the government was outsourcing ancillary staff like cleaners and security guards. Their pay/conditions were only protected for a year then they all had pay cuts while the company drew a profit.
That was under a Labour government, although the previous Conservative administration set the ball rolling, Blair's Labour ran with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Yeah, seems that these days tories and labour are just two cheeks of the same ar5e.

I only went on strike once, but I was in the RMT so usually the threat of striking was enough to back the bosses down

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Agreed, but # knows which extreme to choose from, fantastic taxfunded services while deep in our overdraft, or crap public services and cut state borrowing.
Maybe that extra 7 or 8 billion a year not paying club fees to the EU will help...if we ever leave?

This is my particular 'bug bear' when people talk about the NHS.....

Success can never be built on debt!

Blair defends PFI as NHS trusts face bankruptcy
Tony Blair has defended the spread of private finance initiatives under Labour as seven NHS trusts face administration as they struggle to repay large debts from PFI deals.

Six other NHS trusts face joining South London Healthcare in "administration" as they have taken on projects viewed by ministers as "unsustainable", it has emerged.

The schemes saw private firms building hospitals, leaving the NHS with an annual fee to pay over around 30 years.

The total value of the NHS buildings built by Labour under the scheme is £11.4bn. But the bill, which will also include fees for maintenance, cleaning and portering, will come to more than £70bn on current projections and will not be paid off until 2049.

So £11.4 billion ends up costing £70 billion? Well seeing it wasn't his own money

Some trusts are spending up to a fifth of their budget servicing the mortgages.
Across the public sector, taxpayers are committed to paying £229bn for hospitals, schools, roads and other projects with a capital value of £56bn.

Capital value £56 billion COSTING £229 billion..... Good business practice

South London Healthcare NHS Trust, which runs three hospitals, has been criticised over standards of care after being saddled with large debts from PFI deals.
Despite efforts to improve its financial performance, it is still thought to be on track to lose between £30 and £75 million a year for the next five years.
Now it has emerged that up to 22 NHS trusts are facing serious financial difficulties because of expensive PFI schemes, with six thought to have taken on projects viewed by ministers as "unsustainable".

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Oh yeah too right they both have their needs as parties of power. As much Blair and Brown get to me being honest and realistic they did get some great services and hospitals etc built giving us amodern world plus shools etc.

Me old teacher back in the 70's advised us kids to always vote left one election right the next and for many years I did it as things even themselves out eventually and no radicals get into power or at least that was his theory

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join