It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another night of Brexit drama

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

UK/EU trade had declined as % of overall trade, however that ignores that international trade had increased as a % of UK GDP.

It also conveniently ignores that the EU remains by far our biggest trading partner.

Should I continue?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Only thing Tories have that's broad is their bank accounts.

Well, that and there rather thick brow.

Nevermind sheer lack of empathy for anyone else other than their own ilk.

Their type are not only closed-minded but arcane in the extreme.

Truth is they wish to see a return to the workhouse mentality of centuries past.

Plain as day really.

Sad bastards that they are.

edit on 9-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
After all that's occurred during Brexit people are still playing the party political blame game?

Seems we'll never learn.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

since the member hasn't answered your question, social justice warrior.

in some contexts it is meant as an insult lol!

no easter egg for naughty cassiel!

f.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It's huge chunks of opinion much of which is unsupported by facts.

Let's start with this one, France public debt to GDP is about 98%. No where near being one of the 'most indebted countries in the world'

There's plenty info out there if you care to search it out, I dont intend

to do it for you..... but first fyi first click......

France, the second-largest economy in Europe, received a letter from Brussels last week, warning that its planned debt reduction in 2019 does not respect the proposals that Paris had agreed previously with the EU.
The French 2019 budget “shows that the government relies heavily on very optimistic revenues to achieve fiscal consolidation and that spending is out of control again,” Daniel Lacalle, chief economist and investment officer at Tressis Gestion, told CNBC via email.
In the case of France, it is a very difficult budget to accept by the European Commission because France has not had a balanced budget since 1974 and has missed its own deficit targets more than eleven times

There's plenty out there If you are really interested or want to know

and are not simply trolling!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

No He has given his opinions most of which seem fact free.

Well it seems I agree with the economists at the treasury and the BOE amongst quite a lot of others.

The Bank of England, and Mark Carney?

He's been caught back tracking on what he says more times than I have

had hot dinners.

But Hey!!
each to their own.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: bastion

Who would have thought they would make a kerfuffle of something so integral and important to our infirm and unwell peoples continued existence?

Put it this way, if it was Poker, that shower of bluffing bastards would be taken to the cleaners.

It's a bit of a cluster# alright. Pharmacy has completely run out of stock of the most common anti-epileptic drug (Epilim Chrono Sanofi brand) with no word from the manufacturers when the next stockpile will arrive, this has never happened before, several thousand will die unless the government get their act together.

The current plan is to offer alternative drugs or change the dosage but this goes against all medical advice due to increased risk of seizure, organ failure and death.
edit on 10-4-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
We know for sure this was all a game being played by May and our Govt. They have decieved the people. The only thing they managed to pass into law was that we could not actually leave on WTO terms. That means that if we do not get an extension or enter into May's new treaty with the EU (which is worse than staying in the EU by the time Labour have added their amends), by law article 50 has to be revoked. So the decision on whether we leave the EU is now entirely in the hands of the EU.

A total stitch up and the very visible end to democracy in the UK.
edit on 10/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

It's huge chunks of opinion much of which is unsupported by facts.

Let's start with this one, France public debt to GDP is about 98%. No where near being one of the 'most indebted countries in the world'

There's plenty info out there if you care to search it out, I dont intend

to do it for you..... but first fyi first click......

France, the second-largest economy in Europe, received a letter from Brussels last week, warning that its planned debt reduction in 2019 does not respect the proposals that Paris had agreed previously with the EU.
The French 2019 budget “shows that the government relies heavily on very optimistic revenues to achieve fiscal consolidation and that spending is out of control again,” Daniel Lacalle, chief economist and investment officer at Tressis Gestion, told CNBC via email.
In the case of France, it is a very difficult budget to accept by the European Commission because France has not had a balanced budget since 1974 and has missed its own deficit targets more than eleven times

There's plenty out there If you are really interested or want to know

and are not simply trolling!!!!

Do you understand the difference between debt and deficit?

There is indeed plenty of information out there if you aren't trying to cherry pick statements that you erroneously think back up your point.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

It also conveniently ignores that the EU remains by far our biggest trading partner.

Should I continue?

The Brexit possee reckon it's a great idea to ditch our next door neighbour the biggest trading bloc on Planet Earth in favour of doing deals with Zambia and China............................ You couldn't make it up

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

No He has given his opinions most of which seem fact free.

Well it seems I agree with the economists at the treasury and the BOE amongst quite a lot of others.

The Bank of England, and Mark Carney?

He's been caught back tracking on what he says more times than I have

had hot dinners.

But Hey!!
each to their own.

Yes Mark Carney PhD in conomics who has been head of 2 central banks and has some of the best economists in the world working for him to provide independent assessment of the risks of brexit.

Or a history professor writing an opinion piece.

I know we are meant to have had 'enough of expert's but sometimes expertise goes a long way.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't know one single Brexit supporter who also doesn't wish to see the UK enter into some sort of Free Trade Agreement with the EU.

Where do you get the ridiculous notion that we no longer wish to trade with the EU?

If it was still just a 'Common Market' I don't think Brexit would be an issue.....we just don't want political union.

Despite being told this repeatedly you still peddle these outright lies and exaggerations, why?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreebornWhere do you get the ridiculous notion that we no longer wish to trade with the EU?

If it was still just a 'Common Market' I don't think Brexit would be an issue

To be in the 'Common Market' some limited integration is part of the deal.................. The Single Market

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I don't know one single Brexit supporter who also doesn't wish to see the UK enter into some sort of Free Trade Agreement with the EU.

Where do you get the ridiculous notion that we no longer wish to trade with the EU?

If it was still just a 'Common Market' I don't think Brexit would be an issue.....we just don't want political union.

Despite being told this repeatedly you still peddle these outright lies and exaggerations, why?

I thought that 'Leave means Leave'.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Stop with the nonsense.
Negotiating a trade deal with the EU doesn't mean we are part of the EU.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Stop with the nonsense.

Didn't say it did but staying in a common market.(You know the post I was replying to) doesn't sound like 'leave means leave'.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Stop with the nonsense.

Didn't say it did but staying in a common market.(You know the post I was replying to) doesn't sound like 'leave means leave'.

The people voted in a referendum in 1975 to be part of the common market. It's not membership of the EU.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Stop with the nonsense.

The people voted in a referendum in 1975 to be part of the common market. It's not membership of the EU.

So you are you saying you want the UK to stay in the Single Market? I thought you were for the no deal exit?
edit on 10-4-2019 by ScepticScot because: Amended for clarity

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

For those 20% of mega-corp UK businesses that trade internationally in EU.

80% of UK businesses have no dealings with the EU at all.

originally posted by: bastion
It's a bit of a cluster# alright. Pharmacy has completely run out of stock of the most common anti-epileptic drug (Epilim Chrono Sanofi brand) with no word from the manufacturers when the next stockpile will arrive, this has never happened before, several thousand will die unless the government get their act together.

The current plan is to offer alternative drugs or change the dosage but this goes against all medical advice due to increased risk of seizure, organ failure and death.

Why are pharmacies running out of drugs? Where is the failure?

Have the EU already gone into punishment mode?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

On June 5th 1975 the British people voted to be part of The Common Market - a Free Trade Association.
No mention of political union.

The reasoning behind wanting to be part of a Free Trade Association are at least as valid today as they were back then.

But, and it's a massive but, WE DO NOT WANT POLITICAL UNION.

So why are you still persisting with the lies that Brexit supporters don't want to trade with the EU?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join