It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

If they have to bring up Rendlesham and/or Roswell which have been flogged to death then what was AATIP for? They are now saying the US military doesn't know what is going on. But the superfans believe TTSA will bring disclosure? 

AATIP was a huge failure. Even Elizondo admits this. That's why he quit, allegedly, so even the official line has it down as a grand fiasco.

You have to be very creative with your definitions to be able to call TTSA a disclosure program. Are they disclosing that they don't know anything? No. Just that they are not commenting. Are they disclosing that they don't take it seriously? No. Because someone obviously cared enough to erase the data of the Nimitz incident.

What they are doing is creating a space of possibility and confusion in which the UAP phenomenon can exist without being either too clear (what is it) or too improbable (there is no such thing).

So this is the same state of affairs that we have had since the mid 50's. They have only nudged it a bit in from the fringe (where the Blue Avians still reign supreme) and emphasized the potential threat that it poses to the American public. So Greer and his friendly aliens are out in the cold, for now.

If you are going to inform people of something, this is not how you do it. This is how you create a space where it is not possible anymore to tell what is real and what is not, except in the broadest possible sense.

It is quite clever.

It's also probably in some intelligence manual somewhere.
edit on 17-6-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I remember reading this book back in 1991:

Howard Blum - Out There

While incredibly dated now, the gist of the book was that the government has always been interested in UFOs but it investigates them in secret because it can't either prove or disprove they exist and this leaves them frustrated, confused and worried. It talks about the secret UFO Working Group with John Alexander and the usual cast of characters.

After reading the book I was sure we were just minutes away from the complete unraveling of the UFO cover up. Here was a former New York Times reporter taking the subject seriously and admitting the government was obsessed with UFOs. Certainly the center could not hold!

And then... crickets.

We have been here before. The center can hold.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
I must have missed that. Can you elaborate on the who and where this support is coming from?

Who owns the New York Times?

(Why don't we have an eye-roll emoji here?)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Apparently they can even hold the reins...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
More f#ckery on the way... in a thread created solely for SPAIF 3 days ago:

JeremyCorbell👽UFOB Moderator • 3d
Just wait to see what happens in the next 10 days. Some sonic booms coming.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

The New York Times Co. do.

OK. I thought you had something more that we'd maybe missed.

Obviously not

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

Great post pilsung:

finally, what if disclosure simply confirms it never was ET. It’s been humans advancing technology and slow dripping the breakthroughs. We are it. Confirmed, to this point, no ET. Right back to square one; creation vs evolution.

However, if ET was not confirmed and it was a tech breakthrough...WE ARE NOT BACK TO SQUARE ONE....

If we do have antigravity tech that can travel 10,000- 37,000 mph...the world as we know it would change DRASTICALLY...

Honestly I hope its not ET (humans are not ready we are still too immature and not intellectually developed to deal with the reality that we are NOT the top of the "food chain").

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: coursecatalog
I remember reading this book back in 1991:

Howard Blum - Out There

While incredibly dated now, the gist of the book was that the government has always been interested in UFOs but it investigates them in secret because it can't either prove or disprove they exist and this leaves them frustrated, confused and worried. It talks about the secret UFO Working Group with John Alexander and the usual cast of characters.

After reading the book I was sure we were just minutes away from the complete unraveling of the UFO cover up. Here was a former New York Times reporter taking the subject seriously and admitting the government was obsessed with UFOs. Certainly the center could not hold!

And then... crickets.

Thanks for the book rundown and general take. From the abstract of the referenced book:

I Pledge Allegiance: The True Story of the Walkers

Any idea if the word/term “Walkers” is in reference to “Fast Walkers” (a term, I believe, coined by the US NRO for targets busting ass through the atmosphere — targets that apparently popped in and out of the atmosphere [i.e. non-terrestrial operation])?

I’d say, I felt the same way — in general — with Leslie Kean’s book 9-10 years ago...c’est la vie

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Millions

I intensely follow tech development.....

I can STATE AS A FACT...

That the UAP Tic TAC that was observed is no where close to the level of tech development we currently possess.

Stated simply we are no where near to developing antigravity means of propulsion...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

Additionally...there are not any ET's aboard....

The UAPs are what we would term Super Artificial Intelligence...(we are on the brink of developing General AI).

If you have time google NICK BOSTROM, SINGULARITY....

The key point here is that once we develop general artificial intelligence...it will be literally like creating an Alien lifeform....this is such a fascinating topic actually....

Google... Deepmind...

AlphaGO... I am certain someone on this forum understands what I am hinting at.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: InspectaBecky

Have you a link to what you a referring to IB?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Yes, fascinating.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I must say that was the most objective review of unidentified that I have read

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

exactly! The tic tacs are not 50-100 years within our development timeframe, unless we develop antigravity tech.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Yeah, call it a side thought.... For me the chances are this is a manipulation of human consciousness into one of many paths laid out. Ready for a possible disclosure of global significance, however it's all lies with the truth being hidden in plain sight within esoteric and Occult teachings.... But thats my thoughts on a bare Monday with a wee drink in me.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Once again this is VERY DIFFERENT.....

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: InspectaBecky

As I told you all.... be patient.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Why? Are you suggesting you know things we do not?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yet you say you have no inside information. You contradict yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

yeah I pointed out a few pages ago the quote from Reid in regards as to why AATIP was wound up. Then there is the other statement in regards to AATIP showing "initial promising signs" but in the end only producing "reams of paperwork" and not much else.

Under all of this nonsense, what we shouldn't forget is that there is a supposed good UFO sighting involving the Nimitz. If you peel away the "TTSA sticker", there is still a case that deserves attention.

Including the followup case some years later...

It does sadly appear however, that the Nimitz Case in particular appears to already have been "Rendleshammed" in terms of the witnesses disagreeing etc. In my opinion though, this is why the likes of TTSA have hung so much on Fravor - one main witness so that the material and narrative is clearly and carefully controlled.

Point is, get TDL and El Zondo out of the mix - there is possibly still a compelling UFO case buried under the marketing machine somewhere, possibly.

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join