It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The E.U. Panicking Or Just Getting Nasty ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

As others have said we have no choice now but to wait and see.

But I do believe that the EU is beginning to panic. Who will blink first?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Just looked it up.

Excellent (strokes white cat on lap).

Lol!!!! Was there ever a case of pot...kettle....black

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
No. 70% of the EU's GDP is from services. "Single market" implies services.

Implies, but doesn't. The market for services across the EU is not "free", or liberalised.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You underestimate Juncker. He called May a piece of work or similiar and didn't blink when she confronted him. The UK can't accept backstop, the EU won't renegotiate. Mark my words, you won't leave and won't be considered a member at the same time, it's the only possible outcome.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

But unified. That's why the UK had the unique position of relais station. And if you lose that ...Boom!
edit on 7-2-2019 by Peeple because: stupid german auto while writing english

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Words duly marked, let's see what happens.

Perhaps May should take him for one of his famous boozy lunches and get him pished.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

You underestimate Juncker. He called May a piece of work or similiar and didn't blink when she confronted him. The UK can't accept backstop, the EU won't renegotiate. Mark my words, you won't leave and won't be considered a member at the same time, it's the only possible outcome.

He's only part of a dictatorship .....NOT OMNIPOTENT( having unlimited power.

"God is described as omnipotent and benevolent")

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Rolling all the bones. If they can't achieve an agreement sober...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Want some more?

The head of France's main farmers' union has warned that a no-deal Brexit could have a severe impact on French agricultural exports.

Christiane Lambert of the FNSEA union said French wine and spirits producers would be hit hardest, as their sector had a €1.3bn (£1.1bn; $1.5bn) annual surplus in trade with the UK

www.bbc.co.uk...

E.U. Member countries i believe are starting to panic.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

But unified. That's why the UK had the unique position of relais station. And if you lose that ...Boom!

Sorry. Lose what? Countries can work closely together without ceding their sovereignty, or their culture. The EU is good for many things, but it's fundamentally flawed in that it it seeks to be centralist and domineering, rather than an association of like-minded equals, where common values are natural and evolving, rather than imposed and fixed.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

We are in a high stakes poker game. Latest from the BBC:

May and Juncker talks - "Robust but Constructive

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Juncker Drunker is it possible?

A fine example to set......

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Juncker Drunker is it possible?

A fine example to set......

A complete " piss head "

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

What is this about? Is your cultural Identity so dependent on your weird electro suckets? Or will you lose sovereignity if not everybody has to buy adapters when shipping into your country?
That's pure hogwash. Your entire comment is pointless. It just Shows you don't want to get along with a customs union, but don't blame culture, nobody is touching that.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: alldaylong

Uhhh... but *what* is the plan?

Each country will start to take care of and be responsible for themselves.

No longer can we take from some and give to everyone.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

To Europe the UK is NOT like the Chinese; to pretend that the EU should treat them as such, even if the UK is making a big mistake by leaving, only proves the UK is right to have decided to leave.

We are going to open ourselves up to the wolves from abroad through all this jingoistic free trade nonsense. Better in the single market where the constituent nations are somewhat equal, the proof being how good life is here right now within the EU compared to how it was pre EU 1974. Quite simply people have a much better standard of living today than back pre EU days gone by.

That fact and/or opinion is irrelevant to the question of how the EU should be dealing with this situation and treating the UK.

Why is it irrelevant? The EU are in the driving position and nothing is changing for them bar 7% of trade. It's pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things for them and with a few more colonial acquisitions like western Ukraine and maybe exotics like Turkey as an example that trade will be replaced with ease. For the EU it's business as usual

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The EU are in the driving position and nothing is changing for them bar 7% of trade.

So having The U.K's. Military and Security Forces as part of their " block " means bugger all to them ? They also loose a member on The U.N Security Council.

I am sure Ukraine can fill that gap.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
? I really do believe that you have failed to understand what I wrote and I don't really understand your response. I am guessing English ain't your first language.

My cultural identity is fine, thanks for asking. I believe in democracy to my core, and the mechanics of democracy are part of my culture - ingrained over a 1,000 years of social evolution.

Which is why I know that the EU is undemocratic at the level of representation. The oft cited example of a Maltese person being more represented in the EU Parliament than a Briton is fact. Of course, if I was a ex-fisherman in some dead seaside town where there once was a thriving fishing community, I may be able to cite the death of my culture and identity as being caused by the horrendously unfair Common Fisheries Policy.

On sovereignty. Don't get me started.

edit on 7/2/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
quote]

After Brexit we will be free of unelected, arrogant bullies like you and run our own country. Sounds more like heaven to me

So says Farage,,one of the MEP's voted in, in European Elections, He quite happy to take his EU Pension though.

Bloody hypocrite. Oh and the fact he was voted in shows he's wrong about them being unelected, he was part of them!
edit on 7/2/19 by djz3ro because: Left a bit in by mistake

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The EU are in the driving position and nothing is changing for them bar 7% of trade.

So having The U.K's. Military and Security Forces as part of their " block " means bugger all to them ? They also loose a member on The U.N Security Council.

I am sure Ukraine can fill that gap.

You have a very good point there and those will be a big loss to the EU but they are getting their act together through creating an EU army, plus have their own military program now to loosen reliance on Yanks and Brit technology, take Airbus etc. EU is stepping up to the wooldwide plate now and Ukraine etc will easily fill the gap our measerly 7% trade offers. We alone are nothing really to them plus France is a permanent UN 5, so they retain that power position too. They don't need us they never did once Soviets were pushed back to St Petersburg

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join