It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The E.U. Panicking Or Just Getting Nasty ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: uncommitted

you make a comment that you then can't actually back up

If you actual read what i had previously quoted from Donald Tusk then you wouldn't be asking that daft question.

For your benefit here is the quote from Tusk.

"Today, there is no political force and no effective leadership for Remain. I say this without satisfaction, but you can't argue with the facts.

That comment is a direct interference into British Politics. If you don't understand that then that's your problem.

So once again you completely ignore what I asked - Johnson, Mog, Farage (although as detestable as he is, at least he's an MEP, useless one, but still an MEP) have made many contentious derogatory comments about the EU - why are you fine with that as surely by your definition they are interfering with EU politics - something about your standards makes me think you would be an excellent MP.

The U.K. is part of The E.U

The E.U. is not part of The U.K.

Comprende

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

If you actual read what i had previously quoted from Donald Tusk then you wouldn't be asking that daft question.

"Today, there is no political force and no effective leadership for Remain. I say this without satisfaction, but you can't argue with the facts.

That comment is a direct interference into British Politics. If you don't understand that then that's your problem.

So once again you completely ignore what I asked - Johnson, Mog, Farage (although as detestable as he is, at least he's an MEP, useless one, but still an MEP) have made many contentious derogatory comments about the EU - why are you fine with that as surely by your definition they are interfering with EU politics - something about your standards makes me think you would be an excellent MP.

The U.K. is part of The E.U

The E.U. is not part of The U.K.

Comprende

Oh, I understand, I'm so happy you like to comment in a non UK language. LOL though, your double standards are very impressive. Reading through this full thread and taking a certain unpleasant type from the US out of the equation as I'm not going to include people who in the real world wouldn't be entitled to a vote, I think just over 50% over posts seem to suggest they agree with Tusk, would you agree, or like Farage would you demand we do the whole thing again if it's not the result you wanted?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

Those who voted leave are clueless to the ACTUAL Tory Long game........

Any evidence to support your claims?

Let's get this straight; I personally think the Tories are complete twats and the vast majority have little or no social or moral conscience - I have an equally low opinion of most Labour politicians as well - but you've offered nothing to support these allegations.

....The thing with the average Brexiteer is they only play the self-short game of which the Tories have played them like a sweet-toothed whore in a candy store.

Au contraire mon ami.
Speaking for myself one of the primary reasons I voted to leave the EU and fully support a No Deal unless the EU become more conciliatory in their negotiating is because I am thinking long term and want my Grandson to grow up in a truly independent country that is compassionate, caring and rewards endeavour and hard work.
Sure, there may be some hard times ahead....but we'll come through it better and stronger and will thrive and prosper.

They relied on their lack of education and obvious ignorances or for that matter their ability to investigate the pros and cons of such a decision and are unwittingly furthering the agenda of NWO.

First of all; the EU is the very epitome of the globalist NWO.
Secondly; your dismissal of 17.5 million people and their opinion reveals much about you as an individual and your arrogant, pompous and supercilious 'I know better than you' attitude is typical of the approach that is holding this country back.

Quintessentially meaning We The People PAY MORE them the Aristocray/Banksters/Business Owners PAY A LOT LESS

Yet you choose to support maintaining the status quo?

DENY IGNORANCE EU aren't panicking... it's a storm they know can be ridden out, unlike the hit to the UK economy across the board.

We'll see what happens when German car workers start getting laid off and holiday makers stop going to Spain and France etc.

The UK economy does not operate off the back of the likes of JRM for instance or do I have to provide a list of the UK wealthy that do not pay their tax like the rest of us.

And again....yet you support a stance that maintains the status quo and allows those scumbags to continue manipulating and exploiting the British people.

edit on 8/2/19 by Freeborn because: typo's etc

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Excuse me for butting in but......

......and taking a certain unpleasant type from the US out of the equation....

What 'unpleasant types' and exactly how and why are they 'unpleasant'?

..... as I'm not going to include people who in the real world wouldn't be entitled to a vote,....

So, in your world who should be allowed to vote and who shouldn't be allowed?

....I think just over 50% over posts seem to suggest they agree with Tusk,.....

What, that Brexit supporters deserve a 'special place in hell'?

.... or like Farage would you demand we do the whole thing again if it's not the result you wanted?

I thought it was the Remainers who wanted a second vote because they didn't get things their way in the EU referendum?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just seeking a bit of clarity.

edit on 8/2/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Oh, I understand, I'm so happy you like to comment in a non UK language.

Seems like you are a little dim witted to me, if you cam't understand.

Let me make it so you can.

The U.K. provides representatives to The E.U. Parliament and other political bodies within the E.U. Do you understand that so far?

The E.U. does not provide representatives to U.K. Parliament or elsewhere. Do you understand that bit?

The first part give The U.K. the right to comment.

The second part gives The E.U no right to comment whatsoever. In other words Tusk can piss off.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

or like Farage would you demand we do the whole thing again if it's not the result you wanted?

You have that backwards. It's the Remainers who want a second Referendum because they did not like the result of the first one.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

He should keep his nose out of it.

Yes, he should. He should also respect the wishes of the UK populace as expressed in a democratic process.

Not insult them.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

edit on 8-2-2019 by oldcarpy because: Double post

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So you're okay with the EU shipping British jobs abroad ?Peugot Coventry, Ford transit vans, Cadbury/Swepes, Jaguar ?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
**Are The E.U. Panicking Or Just Getting Nasty ?**

Probably both......

'm going to stick out my neck. I predict Brussels will propose some sort of legal guarantee that Britain can't be made to stay in the Customs Union against its will if no solution to the backstop is forthcoming.
The reason I believe this is that the self-interest of democratically elected governments — many of which are appalled by the prospect of No Deal — is likely to triumph over the ideologues at the European Commission.
Admittedly, these purists — Juncker, Tusk and Michel Barnier — have made the running during the negotiations as they did their utmost to deliver a punishment beating to Britain that would deter any other country from leaving their fledgling superstate.

But things have changed. In particular, economic conditions in Europe have deteriorated to an extent that wasn't foreseeable even three months ago. Italy is in recession, while France and Germany are teetering on the edge of one.

One could say that Britain is fortunate to be negotiating with Brussels when the EU is suddenly and unexpectedly weak. Theresa May, despite her recent tribulations, may be divinely blessed.'
'

Although no one can be sure what the effect of No Deal would be, there have been many studies suggesting it could precipitate already floundering economies, including Germany's, into a severe recession.
Who would want that? Not elected leaders, obviously. Not Angela Merkel, who has been listening to petrified German car-makers — already weakened by the collapse in diesel car sales, and the looming threat of stiff U.S. tariffs.

Britain is their biggest single market. About one in seven cars manufactured in Germany is sold in this country. The tariffs which would follow No Deal are the last thing they need.

And France? Despite all the posturing of that preening narcissist Emmanuel Macron, I can't believe he really wants irate French farmers marching down the Champs-Elysees complaining that British markets are closed to them.

Mrs Merkel's attempts at conciliation over recent days suggest that at long last Europe's politicians are publicly flexing their muscles, and are unlikely to allow Brussels dogmatic bureaucrats to call the tune.

So I repeat my prediction that a significant concession on the backstop will be offered by the EU over the next few weeks. Ireland's hysterical concerns over its border with Northern Ireland won't be allowed to plunge Europe into recession.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

IF lights are going out in the UK ...... Its not going to be any brighter in the EU. '
'

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Nigel Farage responds to Donald Tusk's "special place in Hell" comments.

"The EU are scared"

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

That's his opinion, nothing less and I don't think he was wrong either. The remain campaign have led us on a, well the phrase is merry dance but there's nothing merry about it...

Tusk has no right in commenting on if there is an effective leadership in The U.K. for remain in The E.U. That is none of his bloody business. That is entirely down to U.K. politicians to decide.

He should keep his nose out of it.

You can't stop people having opinions, like them or not, people are allowed to express how they feel, Farage is allowed to comment on the EU leadership is he not?

Stop being such a snowflake and looking for reasons to be offended.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Nigel Farage responds to Donald Tusk's "special place in Hell" comments.

"The EU are scared"

They are and its beginning to show, just hope TM holds her nerve.

The star leaver Nigel Farrage spooked David Cameron into the referendum.

So IMO he should have been chief adviser in the Brexit campaign.

We are leaving and the European elections are next on the EU's agenda and

they are worried about the surge in the populist vote ....... THEN are Italy,

or Hungary ready to exit?

Macron's loosing popularity by the day, Merkels taken a back seat.

Italy's in recession and France and Germany starring into the same abyss.

They should be afraid ..... very afraid.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Being outraged is not the same as being offended.

You do know that don't you ?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: gortex

The star leaver Nigel Farrage spooked David Cameron into the referendum.

No he didn't. The only reason the referendum happened was Davey boy Cameron thought it would silence the anti EU voices within his own party and settle a civil war that was brewing, not make it worse. You should at least know why we were led down this avenue considering you voted for this debacle...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Being outraged is not the same as being offended.

You do know that don't you ?

You do know that "offend" is a synonym of the verb "outrage"? Though you're right, only when outrage is used as a noun.

Yup, I just took grammar nazi-ing to another level...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

No he didn't. The only reason the referendum happened was Davey boy Cameron thought it would silence the anti EU voices within his own party and settle a civil war that was brewing, not make it worse. You should at least know why we were led down this avenue considering you voted for this debacle...

Keep seeing it like you see it ...... and I'll see it how I see it! '
'

from a half full tankard.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That's half the problem with Brexit. Everyone thinks they know what's going to happen when we take this great step into the unknown. Even the tory party, who are the ones responsible for this mess, don't low what's going to happen...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That's half the problem with Brexit. Everyone thinks they know what's going to happen when we take this great step into the unknown. Even the tory party, who are the ones responsible for this mess, don't low what's going to happen...

The financial experts say we're #ed. The 1998 crash put a 2% dent in the UK's overall GDP. They Expect Brexit to put an 8-9% dent in our GP. How horrific is that forecast.

WAKE THE # UP YA DOZEY PLANK.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Basically there were 100 Tories who tried to push a referendum but Cameron said no because he ws trying to change the way we dealt with the EU and give us more sway.. But the rise of UKIP made him fearful of losing Tory members to them and their Eurosceptic ways. Old Cammy-boy went and called the Referendum, expecting a no to put a lid on it for a while, buying him time to continue on his plan of European reform.

That's not how I see it, that's how it went down.

Here is what the Mirror had to say.

edit on 8/2/19 by djz3ro because: Fixing the link...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join