It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The E.U. Panicking Or Just Getting Nasty ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: djz3ro

That's half the problem with Brexit. Everyone thinks they know what's going to happen when we take this great step into the unknown. Even the tory party, who are the ones responsible for this mess, don't low what's going to happen...

The financial experts say we're #ed. The 1998 crash put a 2% dent in the UK's overall GDP. They Expect Brexit to put an 8-9% dent in our GP. How horrific is that forecast.

WAKE THE # UP YA DOZEY PLANK.

Oh I know we're phuqued, the whole of the UK will soon be up the French Channel without a paddle.

Border forces seeing a 30% uptick in customs checks.

Banks and financial institutes stripping £800bn from the UK Economy.
Companies abandoning the UK or moving headquarters out of the UK and into the EU or farther afield.

Fresh produce possibly becoming a rare commodity instantly

It's not all doom and gloom, Scotland is getting a couple of new bank HQ's and there will be plenty of jobs that the great unwashed aren't interested in doing that were previously filled by our expat friends from Europe.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I actually wonder if the hard hand we're getting from the EU is not punishment for leaving, rather punishment for sending them Farage. And no surprise its the working class that are going to suffer, punishment from Parliament (who voted, 80% to Remain) for causing us to leave....

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Since Britain is getting a divorce from the EU, Does it get sole custody of the red headed step children?
And if yes, will there be child support and visitation rights?
edit on 8-2-2019 by PainGod because: erased the word "The" that is all

edit on 8-2-2019 by PainGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
... a major country like England ...

Please don't forget about the other 4 countries that make up the United Kingdom

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
All I'm hearing is Delusion and no hard facts... I can tell you what's about to happen, I've already seen it but I prefer to watch those that brought us to this point to suffer.

Here's a question, How much will it cost in comparison (to before the vote) in 2016 to post-Brexit under WTO standard tariffs to fuel your car and heat your homes
Let's talk percentages shall we... wouldn't want to tax your brain too much about general Logistics etc. etc. let's stick to personal use

I could wait for the reply but I'll save you the bother... Way back before the vote took place I stated to various blogs and posts about the impact on fuel in general, I had already, witnessed the rise in real time but then as most here declare, "it's just a coincidence" the mantra of the closed minded... I digress, I stated that there would need to be a 50% rise in fuel costs by the time of Brexit proper to balance out the no deal scenario and WTO tariffs on Norwegian supplies(currently providing 52% of all UK fuel needs) We are as of today at an increased rate of around 45% and soon to be around a 60% increase... yet the price of oil and gas has dropped year on year to record lows or was this one of those "prices worth paying"
In the pockets of the banksters the NWO.
Now take what I've just said and EXPAND it to industry... it's a no brainer really, everything you eat, sleep, piss or # requires some form of a combustion engine to run. Everything is going to skyrocket as the firms operating inside the UK e.g supermarket chains, Haulers etc. etc. etc.etc. all require energy and we will be paying as stated above 60% more than the market standard paid elsewhere across the globe.

Facts not deluded Ignorance or for that matter Unicorns

DENY IGNORANCE

Oh and I vote for my MEP and they in turn vote for the EU council... Yes sorry, spoiler alert, another big hike domestically this year.
edit on 9-2-2019 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Tariffs on inward goods like oil are set by the government up to the maximum WTO limit, so to say Brexit will cause a rise in fuel costs is nonsense. The government we elect will set the tariffs. There's no law saying they have to put a tariff on anything once we are out of the EU.
edit on 19pSat, 09 Feb 2019 08:12:19 -060020192019-02-09T08:12:19-06:00kAmerica/Chicago28000000k by SprocketUK because: An s I did not need

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle
If you think any of us are wrong, please explain why.
You don't seem to even know the basics.
For example...

Oh and I vote for my MEP and they in turn vote for the EU council... Yes sorry, spoiler alert, another big hike domestically this year.

The EU council comprises of the heads of states of the EU member states (i.e. Theresa May for the UK). So no, your MEP doesn't vote for the EU council.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
Since Britain is getting a divorce from the EU, Does it get sole custody of the red headed step children?
And if yes, will there be child support and visitation rights?

Only the Scottish ones. They can't get access to the Irish ones so they'll only be eligible to pay half the maintenence fees....

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thundersmurf

originally posted by: Hecate666
... a major country like England ...

Please don't forget about the other 4 countries that make up the United Kingdom

The other four? *there's Engerlund and the other 4 would be. N. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and....?

I jest, the same bee gets in my bonnet...
edit on 9/2/19 by djz3ro because: I suffered from premature posting...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
For example...

The EU council comprises of the heads of states of the EU member states (i.e. Theresa May for the UK). So no, your MEP doesn't vote for the EU council.

You know Nigel Farage sits on the EU Council, right? He, like others were elected in. You do know there have been EU Elections quite regularly and that is how one becomes a member of the EU Council.

Nigel Farage as a Head of state is a scary prospect....

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Tariffs on inward goods like oil are set by the government up to the maximum WTO limit, so to say Brexit will cause a rise in fuel costs is nonsense. The government we elect will set the tariffs. There's no law saying they have to put a tariff on anything once we are out of the EU.

The oil itself might not go up but the cost of importing it will, it's going to take a lot longer to get into the country and time is money, delays cost £'s. Of course the oil industry is well known for its charitable nature and not passing the costs onto the end user, said nobody, ever....

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Depends where we get it from.
Typically we sell North Sea and buy middle East...I don't know why, but unless leaving the EU makes the sea voyage more perilous there's no reason for it to take longer.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Companies abandoning the UK or moving headquarters out of the UK and into the EU or farther afield.

So, which companies have relocated to another EU country in the last couple of years as a result of Brexit? Moving an office to keep within EU regulations, such as in banking, ain't corporate abandonment. But hey, it helps with the panicky testicle-retraction, doom squirrels.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Typically we sell North Sea and buy middle East...

The largest UK imports of crude oil are from Norway, followed by Nigeria, Algeria and the US in that order. Crude from the Middle East is not a large part of UK imports. We export UK crude to the Netherlands, Germany, China, South Korea and other places.

The oil industry is very complex because of the amount of goods produced from crude, plus the fact that crude oil is not the same. Crude produced in UK waters is called Brent crude and is a "sweet" oil, so good quality.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You actually missed the point entirely or as i suspect didnt want to answer, You cannot vote lawmakers in or out directly within the EU. Euro MPs have no lawmaking powers whasoever so it's undemocratic before we even discuss anything else. To say otherwise is blind and ignorant, It was you who bought up the NWO!

From reading your posts it is you who is the "uneducated" one, you don't have a clue on the basics of trade or even how the EU parliament works, you are creating doomsday scenarios in your head that aren't based on any facts, actually the opposite.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
For example...

You know Nigel Farage sits on the EU Council, right? He, like others were elected in. You do know there have been EU Elections quite regularly and that is how one becomes a member of the EU Council.

Nigel Farage as a Head of state is a scary prospect....

No, Nigel Farage doesn't sit on the EU council. Like I said... "The EU council comprises of the heads of states of the EU member states (i.e. Theresa May for the UK)." A simple google search will tell you that. Nigel Farage chairs the 'Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy' group in the EU parliament, NOT the council. Again basics...

edit on 83048bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 09 Feb 2019 13:48:51 -06002819 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

So, which companies have relocated to another EU country in the last couple of years as a result of Brexit? Moving an office to keep within EU regulations, such as in banking, ain't corporate abandonment. But hey, it helps with the panicky testicle-retraction, doom squirrels.

Dyson for one. Sure it's just headquarters moving (so they'll no longer pay UK tax) but they're also no longer making their cars in the UK...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Dyson for one. Sure it's just headquarters moving (so they'll no longer pay UK tax) but they're also no longer making their cars in the UK...

WTF? Dyson hasn't relocated to another EU country! And they don't make cars either!

edit on 83055bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 09 Feb 2019 13:55:38 -06002819 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

And they don't make cars either!

You could imagine the Ad Campaign.

Dyson. The Cars That Suck.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

No, they haven't moved anything into the EU, they went farther afield. And they don't make electric cars yet, that's coming but they're no longer making them in the UK, they had planned to.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join