It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The E.U. Panicking Or Just Getting Nasty ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I have no doubt the EU will suffer as well, to some extent but there's 27 of them to spread any economic hit amongst

So, in times of economic uncertainty or downturn, Germany, the richest EU nation, could perhaps rely upon Malta or Liechtenstein (very small) or the Balkan states (poorest) to keep them afloat? Wonder how the people of those states would feel about having to prop up failing states in northern Europe whist they witness their own go hungry?

I doubt it, weakened slightly, maybe but it's going to hit Britain infinitely harder than the EU.

The 2nd largest nett contributor is about to cancel their involvement. How then will the EU have an easier post Brexit ride than the UK?

I guess the difference between the EU and Europe is the same as the difference between the UK and Britain, one is a union of countries and the other is a physical description...

Exactly. EU is false, political and corporate entity only. Europe is a land mass that supports diverse actual nations.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle

It will be an extremely slow process of gradual inclination to a flat economy akin to Greece, nothing but Tourists.

Does that mean rich foreign industrialists will rock up and claim they own Buckingham Palace or the Henges?

Minister of Culture settles rumours by registering ownership of the Acropolis
6th February, 2019

The Ministry of Culture said on Tuesday it had registered itself as ex lege rightful owner of the Acropolis, putting to rest “the false issue” of whether property rights to ancient monuments have been turned over to foreign entities or funds.

thegreekobserver.com...

Also, the British have never been 'inclined' to 'flat' economy or, other than East Anglia and the fenlands, flat anything else.
edit on 11/2/2019 by teapot because: add

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

you don't know any of that you just believe it. you are the classic doom monger like so many in this thread, i read positive and negative from different sources, nobody knows it will all be doom, but you sound like you wish it was

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: uncommitted

Oh, I understand, I'm so happy you like to comment in a non UK language.

Seems like you are a little dim witted to me, if you cam't understand.

Let me make it so you can.

The U.K. provides representatives to The E.U. Parliament and other political bodies within the E.U. Do you understand that so far?

The E.U. does not provide representatives to U.K. Parliament or elsewhere. Do you understand that bit?

The first part give The U.K. the right to comment.

The second part gives The E.U no right to comment whatsoever. In other words Tusk can piss off.

Tusk has every right to make a comment of the kind he did - he didn't mention individuals, he didn't insult the electorate, you are just thin skinned and upset that someone stated the obvious.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

or like Farage would you demand we do the whole thing again if it's not the result you wanted?

You have that backwards. It's the Remainers who want a second Referendum because they did not like the result of the first one.

Actually I have it spot on. Even on the eve of the election Farage was saying that if the vote went in favour of remain but it wasn't a landslide he would demand a second vote - did you forget that?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Excuse me for butting in but......

......and taking a certain unpleasant type from the US out of the equation....

What 'unpleasant types' and exactly how and why are they 'unpleasant'?

..... as I'm not going to include people who in the real world wouldn't be entitled to a vote,....

So, in your world who should be allowed to vote and who shouldn't be allowed?

....I think just over 50% over posts seem to suggest they agree with Tusk,.....

What, that Brexit supporters deserve a 'special place in hell'?

.... or like Farage would you demand we do the whole thing again if it's not the result you wanted?

I thought it was the Remainers who wanted a second vote because they didn't get things their way in the EU referendum?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just seeking a bit of clarity.

My pleasure. The 'unpleasant type from the US' is a poster in this thread who represents himself/herself as a right wing American who believes that one of the key reasons people voted to leave was to avoid the UK becoming an Islamic state amongst other blatant attacks on others who aren't the same race or religion as him/her. Not only is that an illogical argument, even as someone who voted to remain, I have no doubt that the majority (but not by any means all) of those who voted to leave did not do so for the reasons he/she suggests.

For the above, he/she is American living in America so wouldn't be entitled to vote.

Tusk never said Brexit supporters deserve a special place in hell, he was extremely specific that his comment was about those who had promoted it without having a plan in place - that's quite a difference isn't it.

Farage said all the way through the campaign up until and including the night of the vote that if Remain won but not by a landslide he would demand a re-vote - it was very much commented on prior to the actual result coming out, how soon we forget.

Oddly, I didn't have your post show in the thread replies page, not sure how that happens.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

The U.K. provides representatives to The E.U. Parliament and other political bodies within the E.U. Do you understand that so far?

The E.U. does not provide representatives to U.K. Parliament or elsewhere. Do you understand that bit?

The second part gives The E.U no right to comment whatsoever. In other words Tusk can piss off.

Tusk has every right to make a comment of the kind he did - he didn't mention individuals, he didn't insult the electorate, you are just thin skinned and upset that someone stated the obvious.

Seems like you are happy with a " Free For All " then? So you have no problem with Jeremy Hunt comparing The E.U. to the former Soviet Union ? Do you ?

The European Council President Donald Tusk criticised what he deemed "insulting" comments from the British Foreign Secretary who said the European Union was similar to the Soviet Union and urged London to accept a Brexit deal that would keep the UK more aligned with the bloc.

Tusk denounced the comments that came from British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, who claimed the EU’s negotiating stance on Brexit was similar to the Soviet Union’s refusal to let states secede. "Comparing the European Union to the Soviet Union is as unwise as it is insulting,"

Tusk said. "As the president of the European Council and someone who spent half of my life in the Soviet bloc, I know what I'm talking about.

uk.webfg.com...

Tusk want's to dish it out, but he can't take it.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

so what? we voted leave, and the remain campaign made it clear what the possible doom was so i knew full well what i could be voting for, only stupid people or those who cannot read can claim they didn't know what could happen with no deal when they voted

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Seems like you are happy with a " Free For All " then? So you have no problem with Jeremy Hunt comparing The E.U. to the former Soviet Union ? Do you ?

The European Council President Donald Tusk criticised what he deemed "insulting" comments from the British Foreign Secretary who said the European Union was similar to the Soviet Union and urged London to accept a Brexit deal that would keep the UK more aligned with the bloc.

Tusk denounced the comments that came from British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, who claimed the EU’s negotiating stance on Brexit was similar to the Soviet Union’s refusal to let states secede. "Comparing the European Union to the Soviet Union is as unwise as it is insulting,"

Tusk said. "As the president of the European Council and someone who spent half of my life in the Soviet bloc, I know what I'm talking about.

uk.webfg.com...

Tusk want's to dish it out, but he can't take it.

Hunt's comment is similar to other contentious ones made by the likes of Gove, Johnson, Farage, JRM, etc.

Your comment earlier in this thread suggested that little bag of liars can say what they like about the EU so I'm not really sure what your issue is? Tusk his back at Hunt, and rightly so. Not really sure what your point is, but I'm getting a feeling you might not either actually.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

so what? we voted leave, and the remain campaign made it clear what the possible doom was so i knew full well what i could be voting for, only stupid people or those who cannot read can claim they didn't know what could happen with no deal when they voted

Merely pointing out the hypocrisy of several on here that are belittling those who are now asking for a second referendum - let me be clear here, I voted to remain but have no interest in a second referendum, what's done is done - when their pathetic little idol openly stated he would do the same even before the result was announced.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

we are in complete agreement then aside from how we voted, farage did say that, i think he is a prize knob, but i will recognise his role in making that referendum happen, obviously because i voted leave, but now is the time to be optimistic, lots of people in this thread seem like they fear their own shadows with all the doom they believe will happen, i am glad i am not such a scaredy cat lol

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

we are in complete agreement then aside from how we voted, farage did say that, i think he is a prize knob, but i will recognise his role in making that referendum happen, obviously because i voted leave, but now is the time to be optimistic, lots of people in this thread seem like they fear their own shadows with all the doom they believe will happen, i am glad i am not such a scaredy cat lol

Personally I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic and I personally don't think any of us will know if we had a good reason to be either in the very short term - unless your life is directly affected in the case of for example a potential job loss.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

i started a new agency job today, at a factory preparing vegetables for restaurants, minimum wage, just induction and a few hours cutting bruises out of potatoes on a conveyor belt after they came out of a 'rumbler machine' mostly peeled, i am hugely vulnerable to losing work but keep my optimism, used a foodbank last week, only online because i pay halfs with my neighbour for wifi, but i would vote leave again if some second referendum was forced on us, with all the risks it means

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Netherlands talking to 250 businesses about leaving the UK

Hmmn.....
BREXIT PANIC: The Netherlands scramble for UK's 'critical medicines' at risk from no-deal

THE Netherlands is scrambling to secure a stockpile of 50 “critical” medicines that are currently supplied by Britain amid growing fears of a no-deal Brexit, the Dutch health minister announced on Wednesday.
Bruno Bruins penned a letter to the Dutch parliament expressing his concerns about the supply of a number of vital medications from Britain that could be cut off if the country leaves the European Union without an agreement. It is the latest move by the Netherlands to increase its urgent contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit and highlights the growing fears across the Continent over the possibility of a no deal Brexit. The list of medicines emerged after scanning a total of 2,700 medicines that are “related to Britain”.

The Dutch health department decided on 50 medicines, which are used to treat life-threatening diseases and or vulnerable patients, that have no viable alternatives, according to Mr Bruins.
In his letter, he said the medicines “have few or no adequate alternatives” available on the Dutch market.

www.express.co.uk...

Brexit isnt only one way !

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Brexit isnt only one way !

If only people realised this.

Wait until the German car industry loses it biggest market.
Wait until skint Brits can't afford to holiday in Spain, Portugal and France etc.

It cuts both ways.

Unfortunately May has spectacularly failed to fight back at the EU and the establishment backed Project Fear has portrayed it all as doom and gloom for the UK and refused to report the devastating effect No Deal will also have on the constituent parts of the EU.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: eletheia

Unfortunately May has spectacularly failed to fight back at the EU and the establishment backed Project Fear has portrayed it all as doom and gloom for the UK and refused to report the devastating effect No Deal will also have on the constituent parts of the EU.

For all the doom mongers who think the EU is infallible and the EU is the best

thing since 'sliced bread' >>>>>>

Eurozone crisis: German output slumps AGAIN - fears grow for bloc’s largest economy
GERMAN industrial output surprisingly fell in December for the fourth consecutive month, putting the eurozone on high alert and increasing concerns around Europe’s biggest economy.
The latest blow to the economy in Germany was driven by continued struggles in the construction sector, where activity shrank by 4.1 percent.

The Federal Statistics Office said the motor sector - vital to Germany’s economy but has been a drag because new emissions standards translated into fewer new vehicle registrations - rebounded as output rose more than seven percent.
The figure total for November was revised up to a fall of 1.3 percent from a previously reported drop of 1.9 percent.

Thomas Gitzel of VP Bank Group, warned not to expect an upturn in the German economy anytime soon.
It is the latest in a series of blows for Germany’s economy - valued at £3trillion - as it struggles to rebound.

Last week, the country’s manufacturing sector plunged into contraction territory, dropping to 49.7 points in January from 51.1 in December, according to the latest figures from IHS Markit.
On Wednesday, Deutsche Bank warned the country’s economy is under serious threat of hurtling towards recession.

Germany’s largest lender expects Eurozone’s largest economy to contract further during this quarter, with new business surveys pointing towards souring moods at companies and worsening expectations for new orders.

Deutsche Bank economists, including Sebastian Becker, wrote in a report: “The start of the German economy into 2019 has been a major disappointment.

“The development of several key cyclical indicators is telling us that the German economy is drifting towards recession right now.”
Deutsche Bank economists have not yet refined their one percent forecast growth for this year as they await fourth quarter data to be released by the German statistics office on February 22.

Poor results would put Germany into a state of recession after its economy shrank by 0.2 percent in the third quarter, largely due to a continued slump in its lucrative car sector.

www.express.co.uk...

If thats the state of the top country in the EU, who is going to support

the other 20 or so countries who contribute next to nothing?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Actually I have it spot on. Even on the eve of the election Farage was saying that if the vote went in favour of remain but it wasn't a landslide he would demand a second vote - did you forget that?

But Nigel Farage didn't say that at all!!!
Why do all you remainers consistently lie and get your facts wrong???
You really should stop reading those MSM headlines.

I CHALLENGE YOU to find a video of Nigel Farage saying he would demand a second referendum if it wasn't a landslide! HINT: You won't find it because he didn't say it.

What he did say though is this and I'll quote for you...

In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.

And he is correct! The vast majority of Brexiteers will never change their minds, so the rift would still be there. You can't say the same about Remainers if we Leave. He also didn't mean another referendum in a few years time.

David Cameron, the leader of the Remain campaign said... "it's a once in a generation, once in a lifetime decision, the UK had referendums not Neverendums".
Surely you should be listening to him as he was YOUR man, not Nigel Farage, especially considering you lot always accuse him of lying, I wonder why you listen to him now...

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

it does cut both ways, think of all the import tax on that whisky for the EU
alcoholics wont be happy

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

But Nigel Farage didn't say that at all!!!
Why do all you remainers consistently lie and get your facts wrong???
You really should stop reading those MSM headlines.

I CHALLENGE YOU to find a video of Nigel Farage saying he would demand a second referendum if it wasn't a landslide! HINT: You won't find it because he didn't say it.

What he did say though is this and I'll quote for you...

In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.

And he is correct! The vast majority of Brexiteers will never change their minds, so the rift would still be there. You can't say the same about Remainers if we Leave. He also didn't mean another referendum in a few years time.

David Cameron, the leader of the Remain campaign said... "it's a once in a generation, once in a lifetime decision, the UK had referendums not Neverendums".
Surely you should be listening to him as he was YOUR man, not Nigel Farage, especially considering you lot always accuse him of lying, I wonder why you listen to him now...

Well, that was quite a pathetic rant wasn't it? I hope the nurse has since given you your medicine. I can remember him saying it, another poster on this thread, this time a leave voter remembers him saying it. Why you think I would want to look through videos of the odious little turd is your business.

I'm sure you would think it pathetic if anyone suggested all who voted leave shared similar ideas and reasons for why they did so, but you are shallow enough to try and do the same to those who voted remain. You might want to start acting your age.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Well, that was quite a pathetic rant wasn't it? I hope the nurse has since given you your medicine. I can remember him saying it, another poster on this thread, this time a leave voter remembers him saying it. Why you think I would want to look through videos of the odious little turd is your business. I'm sure you would think it pathetic if anyone suggested all who voted leave shared similar ideas and reasons for why they did so, but you are shallow enough to try and do the same to those who voted remain. You might want to start acting your age.

I can't remember Farage saying this either so, as it is you who is claiming he did, it does rather fall to you to back up your claim. So, would you be kind enough to now do that? Thanking you in advance.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join